Options

fak u [chat]

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I still cannot get over how very Elder Scrolls this Elder Scrolls MMO feels.

Like, It isn't WoW at all.

Which is so goddamned refreshing nowadays when every MMO under the sun tries desperately to be WoW.

The change of pace is so refreshing that it is helping me overlook some obvious glaring flaws... which again... feels like an Elder Scrolls game.

isn't it pay + sub though

I cannot abide that in these modern mmo times

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    BIG REPLY ROUNDUP:

@Thomamelas‌
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The Leverage group has been given a chance to earn some time off for good behavior. Their expectations of goverment funding of this have been met with disappointment.

<Gonmun> "And where, will the Marshalls be taking us?"
    <thomamelas> "Outside. There is a bus that runs into L.A."

:D

@surrealitycheck‌ go to bed, then tomorrow tell me about your adventures in the secret world. what got you playing again?

@poshniallo‌ @Bogart

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Hail hydra!?
    It's so horrible.

I miss the ravens.

This can't be used to express remorse, or disagreement, or whatever I feel at the moment that I click the button. Only your lifelong devotion to Hydra.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Dragonfall is so good.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hail hydra!?
    It's so horrible.

I miss the ravens.

This can't be used to express remorse, or disagreement, or whatever I feel at the moment that I click the button. Only your lifelong devotion to Hydra.

You got the most Ravens of all.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I still cannot get over how very Elder Scrolls this Elder Scrolls MMO feels.

Like, It isn't WoW at all.

Which is so goddamned refreshing nowadays when every MMO under the sun tries desperately to be WoW.

The change of pace is so refreshing that it is helping me overlook some obvious glaring flaws... which again... feels like an Elder Scrolls game.

isn't it pay + sub though

I cannot abide that in these modern mmo times

yeah, its pay + sub.

But the first 10 levels have been EXACTLY like an elder scrolls game I would have paid 60 bucks for, only there are other people running around and maybe I would group with them.

I imagine in 2 months or so I will have expended the content on one character, at which point I will decide if it is worth continuing for post-game stuff, or re-rolling.

the production quality, engine, voice acting... its all top notch. It's a premium game.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Shouldn't it be "heil hydra"? Because of ze German?

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Hail hydra!?
    It's so horrible.

I miss the ravens.

Where can you see that?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Dragonfall is so good.

It is legit my favorite RPG in a couple of years

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Hail hydra!?
    It's so horrible.

I miss the ravens.

But in the end, are there really other feelings than a life long commitment to Hydra?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    9YzWWqo.jpg

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Ah, the reasoning of a child, to see one head of the Great Beast and imagine it the whole.

HAIL HYDRA!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    First day of new job...got to fill a cement mixer with water, then spin up the drum to full speed discharge.

Inner Manchild: Pleased

Um
    Are you in organized crime now?
    Do you work in "construction"?

Stopped pulling semis and am now driving a mixer. That is actually how we are supposed to clean the drum every day. Started the day lining the lake at a country club, ended it pouring footings at an elementary school...or rather watching other people do that, while I shot 10 cubic yards of concrete out of the truck.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hail hydra!?
    It's so horrible.

I miss the ravens.

Where can you see that?

IcyLiquid posted the top ten or so a few pages back.

Neco on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    alternately,

slq6oht.jpg

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Dragonfall is so good.

It is legit my favorite RPG in a couple of years

I haven't finished it yet, but it is definitely up there.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Hail hydra!?
    It's so horrible.

I miss the ravens.

I see nothing wrong with this. Hail Hydra!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I like how the Hail Hydra makes it look like some avatars have eye patches. Like Jacobkosh's.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    EFOwoXe.png

Well played, Dr. Venn. Well played.
    keep doing red until it overlaps with blue, ignore purple and green

I already fapped 8 times today, still haven't gotten paid for it.

Setup a webcam.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    ronya wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    ronya‌ re: Schuette.

Kennedy's interpretation of Parents Involved is very silly. I'm at a loss to think of equal protection jurisprudence under which the regulation of one class of people receives different levels of scrutiny here but not there; hell, one of the few legal rules to actually grab five votes in the fractured Parents Involved opinion was an affirmation that equal protection analysis does not work that way.

Scalia's contrarian concurrence seems to fracture this opinion just enough that a lower court would be justified in limiting this case strictly to its facts, per Marks.

As to his substantive thoughts, he still wants to overturn virtually all of the controlling jurisprudence and bring Plessy v. Ferguson formalism back into vogue; no comment, aside that it's very obnoxious of him to cite Harlan's Plessy dissent while functionally arguing to revive the core of Plessy's majority holding.

As to his second point, I actually laughed out loud when he cited O'Connor's Hernandez concurrence for the "[squarely held]" and dispositive proposition that states cannot violate the EPC without intent to discriminate. His cite couldn't do better than a concurrence written by a justice famous for misunderstanding the law, because Davis only held that if the state is not directly regulating race then a very forgiving standard applies.

He dodges the contradiction in having a compelling interest in affirmatively barring the pursuit of compelling interests by classifying this theory as "just the political-process theory bedecked in different doctrinal dress." That seems neither accurate on its own terms nor relevant if taken as true.

Breyer's opinion is reasonable. The idea that the amendment is nothing more than a facially acceptable policy preference, and one that would necessarily yield to a sufficiently strong as-applied challenge, is not crazy. He's all but winking at the University of Michigan's law school, I think (Go Blue!).

Sotomayor and Breyer's opinions functionally differ by whether or not they are willing to prophylactically strike down a facially constitutional law that will obvious be subjected to large as-applied carveouts if and when sufficiently sympathetic plaintiffs bring suits in the future. It's reminiscent of the functional distinction between the Shelby majority and dissent.

kedinik

interesting. thank you for your remarks

hmmm. Kennedy's attack is sensible, in the spirit of attempting to dig the court out of the position of having to modify legislation in detail, or be called upon to referee disputes revolving around the craziest minutiae that assorted activists can dream up. So, yes, here but not there. There are too many 'theres'. However Kennedy shied away from then answering the problem that the political process doctrine was conceived to answer, namely justifying intervention in the case where rules are modified in the obvious retaliation to minorities making advances in the previous system

I do not find Breyer's argument that there was no shift in 'rules of the game' convincing. Is the degree of liberal activism on campuses - which would obviously influence campus administration appointees, and whether elected governors are inclined to act - not part of politics? that would be a very strange assessment. so Seattle was relevant and there has to be some modification of the doctrine. It seems obvious that if an administrative vs. political distinction existed in the past, the actors involved in Hunter and Seattle both would have easily exploited that instead.

Breyer however provides something Kennedy doesn't, though - as you point out, a suggestion to activists to come back again when they have a challenge over application. Case-by-case basis. Let a future, less divided court render a new doctrine

I am not sure, in the circumstances, that future carveouts or doctrines will actually be as large. Possibly Sotomayor has the same concern. Obviously, however, openly worrying that a future SCOTUS will be less liberal than preferred, and therefore trying to bind it through a more expansive precedent than necessitated by the case at hand, is not quite acceptable as jurisprudential reasoning goes.

'S a pleasure, doge.

I mostly agree with your post but I had to Hail Hydra given that this new revolution is still so fresh and exciting.

FWIW, I think Breyer's distinction is consistent with what he argued in Parents Involved should have been the Court's holding there, though yeah, you're right that it's not consistent with that Court's actual result.

I agree it's unlikely for us to end up with expansive carveouts or new doctrines in practice, yeah.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacob, I'm having way too much fun with this. Asshole FBI agent is now my go to villain for everything.

• Options
    the words "Kickstarter MMO" are not ones that generally fill me with a surfeit of confidence

(I should say that I love Kickstarter for, like, books and RPGs and knickknacks or whatever. Things that are feasible for a small number of people to do. I am much more skeptical about video games, a business where it seems like budgets and deadlines are never, ever met even by the pros)

But that said, the Shadowrun Online MMO, which is now in super-early alpha,, is apparently going to be turn-based and tactical - kind of like playing SRR with bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Now I wish that the new reaction was STEVE HOLT!

• Options
    I am the raven queen!

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular

No it's a megaman boss.

• Options
    Now I wish that the new reaction was STEVE HOLT!

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT TO THIS

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    EFOwoXe.png

Well played, Dr. Venn. Well played.
    keep doing red until it overlaps with blue, ignore purple and green

I already fapped 8 times today, still haven't gotten paid for it.
    well i mean there are certain sites out there

• Options
    the words "Kickstarter MMO" are not ones that generally fill me with a surfeit of confidence

(I should say that I love Kickstarter for, like, books and RPGs and knickknacks or whatever. Things that are feasible for a small number of people to do. I am much more skeptical about video games, a business where it seems like budgets and deadlines are never, ever met even by the pros)

But that said, the Shadowrun Online MMO, which is now in super-early alpha,, is apparently going to be turn-based and tactical - kind of like playing SRR with bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE

This is one of the very rare times I am interested in an MMO. I will probably try it if it ever makes a proper release.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

But Jacob, what about the turn-based permadeath PvP CCG where you travel within a universe of craftable and destructible cards, the one that I plan to kickstart?

What about that one, Jacob?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    QHX4rkz.jpg

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Ugh. I think a friend on FB just unironically posted "Thanks Obama" in reaction to the FCC/Internet news.

I'm going to eat ice cream and sob quietly for awhile.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    real talk: those facebook ads creep me out

there is a very good chance the girl in that pic thats being used to pimp a hookup site has no idea what her picture is being used for and it was lifted off her account by facebook

but it's ok because they said they would be doing that in the small print of their T&C's somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rNgCnY1lPg

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

But Jacob, what about the turn-based permadeath PvP CCG where you travel within a universe of craftable and destructible cards, the one that I plan to kickstart?

What about that one, Jacob?

if the fifty-dollar level comes with a free Lamborghini I'd be stupid not to back it

• Options
    QHX4rkz.jpg

BkoWwwxCEAAn_Bn.jpg

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I think a friend on FB just unironically posted "Thanks Obama" in reaction to the FCC/Internet news.

Aren't they Obama appointees? I honestly have no idea.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I think the Zenimax guys know what they're doing, and from what I've seen I expect the game to get better over time, not worse. I'd say there's a great chance ESO emerges as a solid top tier MMO.

• Options
  • Options

I dunno, didn't the administration put a fucking telecom lobbyist at the head of the FCC?

sometimes I feel like he needs less unironically snarky comments and more taint punching

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    I think the Zenimax guys know what they're doing, and from what I've seen I expect the game to get better over time, not worse. I'd say there's a great chance ESO emerges as a solid top tier MMO.

But it's an MMO.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's because they announced him for The Late Show, but since they came back from break, Colbert has been getting such insane heat from his crowds and he's fucking eating it up. There were so many extended applause breaks and so many character breaks in the Monday and Tuesday eps.

It really seems electric in there.

This discussion has been closed.