Options

[Arrow] The best Batman show without Batman.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    On the other hand, worry about your first point. Assuming you enjoy it.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Don't worry. Everyone is sick of Laurel. She's tits on a dead bull useless and really winny for no reason.

Seriously, Fuck Laurel.

She could be worse. By my calculations, she's .7 Lana Langs at worst. (Okay, maybe .75)

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Don't worry. Everyone is sick of Laurel. She's tits on a dead bull useless and really winny for no reason.

Seriously, Fuck Laurel.

What? No, don't do that! She'll get more screen time! We'll have to be shown how she's coping with her "VERY SERIOUS PROBLEMS" or sudden booze addiction or how a jacket and self defense courses equals superhero.

Just quietly forget about Laurel as she fades into the background and nobody remarks upon it or can even remember her name.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    It's just... I don't see what Ollie sees in her. At all. Every single other romantic lead he has is more competent, more interesting, and, in my opinion, more attractive.

When your lead has more romantic chemistry with his sister then with the love of his life, you got problems.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Well she's gonna be a bigger part of this season so have fun

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Ech.

She's just so at odds with literally everything else in the show being cool, interesting, or at least... Bearable. She feels like she walked off the set of Heroes. The only person I dislike as much as her is Vertigo, and you're supposed to hate that guy.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ech.

She's just so at odds with literally everything else in the show being cool, interesting, or at least... Bearable. She feels like she walked off the set of Heroes. The only person I dislike as much as her is Vertigo, and you're supposed to hate that guy.

whaaaa

Vertigo was an awesome character.

He's gonna be twice as awesome now

Trace on
  • Options
    He eats the scenery so quickly I was scared he was going to choke on it.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

And now we're getting Peter Stormare. 8->

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

And now we're getting Peter Stormare. 8->

Vertigo's a helluva drug, and now Satan's selling it.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Ech.

whaaaa

the guy is pretty great. liked him in fringe, too

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

oh pffffft

Vertigo was a nutty nut of a nut. Overacting was basically something that came with the character.

It's like saying Heath Ledger was overacting in Batman.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I actually enjoyed the over the top portrayal. To be fair though I have no familiarity with the source material as far as that character is concerned.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    It has basically nothing to do with comic Count Vertigo AFAIK, who is an actual Count and has literally a telepathic "give people vertigo" power. He was in an episode of Young Justice and a Green Arrow short.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Basically yeah.

Count Vertigo in the comics is basically a poor man's Dr. Doom.

I expect Peter Stormare to turn a C Class Villain into an A+ Class Villain.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Ech.

whaaaa

the guy is pretty great. liked him in fringe, too

Oh my god I didn't realize who that was until you said that.

• Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    It has basically nothing to do with comic Count Vertigo AFAIK, who is an actual Count and has literally a telepathic "give people vertigo" power. He was in an episode of Young Justice and a Green Arrow short.

Wait, was he the villain in that Kid Flash centric episode where he is trying to deliver an organ on time?

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Wait, was he the villain in that Kid Flash centric episode where he is trying to deliver an organ on time?

Yes.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Wow, I don't think I would have ever made that connection at all if you hadn't pointed out that he was in YJ.

• Options
    Rewatching Arrow Season One, and the finale just has too much stupid for words.
    The way they reacted to the news that there was going to be an earthquake makes me agree with Malcolm that the people in the Glades deserved to die.
    Public panic I understand, but panic that focuses on looting and mugging rather than a crush trying to get away is just idiotic.
    And then we get the queen of smart ideas. Saving papers from your office? Dumb. Not leaving when your dad calls you and tells you that the earthquake is minutes away? That's Laurel.
    (I'm proposing that 'Laurel' replace 'moronic' in the dictionary.)

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Peter Stormare Satan is my second favorite interpretation, just slightly behind Al Pacino Satan.

Stormare on Arrow is a thing I am hyped for.

Personally, I rather liked Viggo Mortensen's satan from The Prophecy. Which was one of the reasons I was pleased to see him get chosen to play Aragorn back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmcCBEyEj0

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Peter Stormare Satan is my second favorite interpretation, just slightly behind Al Pacino Satan.

Stormare on Arrow is a thing I am hyped for.

Personally, I rather liked Viggo Mortensen's satan from The Prophecy. Which was one of the reasons I was pleased to see him get chosen to play Aragorn back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmcCBEyEj0

Actually my second favorite Satan after John Glover from the T.V. show Brimstone.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Someone else who saw brimstone!

I'll deal with more Laurel if the show finds something to do with her character. And yeah Ollie has better sexual chemistry with literally anyone else on the show, Waller, Diggle, his mother. Literally any other person, extra number 52 who was quirky in that one dance scene, ghost Tommy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Count me in on Brimstone. Damn FOX!

My problem with Laurel now is exemplified by how Ollie went back to banging her sister at a drop of a hat. Just to keep the streak alive, I guess. So on top of Laurel being written boring 99% of the time, she caved on 'Are you fucking kidding me?!' real quick, one of her few shinning moments. If they're going to get together do it already before Oliver gets to Felicity and repeats this. So basically she's a mechanism to make me like season 2+ Oliver even less.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Someone else who saw brimstone!

I'll deal with more Laurel if the show finds something to do with her character. And yeah Ollie has better sexual chemistry with literally anyone else on the show, Waller, Diggle, his mother. Literally any other person, extra number 52 who was quirky in that one dance scene, ghost Tommy.

I like how this is Hyperbole, yet 98% true.

Laurel just comes off as...screechy?

Also there hasn't been one scene where they seemed attracted to one another.

Which means Laurel's actor is blind, obviously.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So, this is interesting...
    Brandon Routh, who played Superman on the big screen in Bryan Singer’s 2006 tentpole Superman Returns, has joined the cast of the CW’s superhero drama Arrow as this season’s main recurring guest star. He will play Ray Palmer, a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated.In the DC Comics mythology, Palmer is known as The Atom, making Routh a two-time DC superhero. We hear the deal will span 14 episodes, and that he will be a love interest for Felicity.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/brandon-routh-back-superhero-mode-play-atom-arrow-154735912.html

I'm ok with this, as I'm sure he'll do great. Chuck proved to me that Routh is a pretty decent actor. Superman Returns was just a terrible movie.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So, this is interesting...
    Brandon Routh, who played Superman on the big screen in Bryan Singer’s 2006 tentpole Superman Returns, has joined the cast of the CW’s superhero drama Arrow as this season’s main recurring guest star. He will play Ray Palmer, a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated.In the DC Comics mythology, Palmer is known as The Atom, making Routh a two-time DC superhero. We hear the deal will span 14 episodes, and that he will be a love interest for Felicity.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/brandon-routh-back-superhero-mode-play-atom-arrow-154735912.html

I'm ok with this, as I'm sure he'll do great. Chuck proved to me that Routh is a pretty decent actor. Superman Returns was just a terrible movie.

Yeah, I was a fan of him in Chuck. I'm just really confused as to why Queen Consolidated has a new owner.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    season 2 spoiler
    The old owner is dead so someone had to buy that stock, right? Maybe he was the second largest shareholder?
    and that he will be a love interest for Felicity.
    Boo. That means there is a chance Laurel is Oliver's love interest and therefore will have more screen time.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Because someone has to take over after ruschev? I mean its not like the death of a CEO reverts the company to a previous owner.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »
    season 2 spoiler
    The old owner is dead so someone had to buy that stock, right? Maybe he was the second largest shareholder?
    Something something Slade something something
    and that he will be a love interest for Felicity.
    Boo. That means there is a chance Laurel is Oliver's love interest and therefore will have more screen time.

Oh god, I didn't even think of that. Please god no.

• Options
    Honestly I'd prefer a season of Arrow without a love interest for Oliver. He doesn't need one, he's far more interesting when its just allusions to his time not spent on the Island and showing dem abs.

Not to mention maybe this means that Diggle Oliver romance can truely bloom.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly I'd prefer a season of Arrow without a love interest for Oliver. He doesn't need one, he's far more interesting when its just allusions to his time not spent on the Island and showing dem abs.

Not to mention maybe this means that Diggle Oliver romance can truely bloom.

You forgot the Salmon Ladder in your list of when the show's more interesting.

• Options
    I thought that went without saying!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The show is about Ollie.

The show is best when Felicity is on it.

Therefore Ollie should be with Felicity more often.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    The show is about Ollie.

Felicity is his Money Penny, always hinted at never delivered on.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The show is about Ollie.

You do realize that if they get together, Felicity's odds of surviving the next season go way down.
    Let's review Ollie's dating history:
    Laurel: Laurel.
    Sara: Dies, comes back, dies, comes back as an ex-assassin, becomes ex-ex-assassin.
    Shado: Dies, setting Slade off on his villain spree.
    Huntress: Trains her to kill better while trying to train her not to kill at all (while still killing on his own). Finally captured and in prison.
    Hall: Shot by former, gets out while she might still get the use of legs back one day.
    Isabel: Doesn't really count, but she teamed up with his enemy to destroy his company. Killed by current girlfriends ex-girlfriend.

That's 2 out of 6 dead, one (temporarily) crippled, one assassin, one imprisoned, and one Laurel.

klemming on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The Arrow crew already knows Ollie+Felicity is the OTP, which is
    Why we got the AMAZING bait and switch in season 2 literally killing the Tumblr crowd, and then the hard tease at the end.

I predict this season Ollie stay's pretty neutral while Felicity bangs the hell out of Brandon Routh and flirting with the Flash.

Because Ollie's, "Wait, but I want that!?" face is like, the fourth best face he has.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Isabel really doesn't count, it was a plot the entire time.

So for the other 5.

Sara: Becomes Black Canary
    Shado: Dies. Pretty sad, actually
    Helena: Becomes Huntress
    McKenna: Gets shot, oh well.

So really, that's a 40% chance of becoming a superhero/vigilante, a 40% chance of dying or being horribly injured, and a 20% chance of being always and forever a huge bore.

However, since we know that she isn't a completely awful character right now, we're down to 50/50 vigilante/awful.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Brandon Routh's arc on Chuck was pretty damn great, so I'm looking forward to this. Arrow seems to get some killer guest star mileage, much like Chuck did, incidentally.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    The show is about Ollie.

You do realize that if they get together, Felicity's odds of surviving the next season go way down.
    Let's review Ollie's dating history:
    Sara: Dies, comes back, dies, comes back as an ex-assassin, becomes ex-ex-assassin.
    Shado: Dies, setting Slade off on his villain spree.
    Huntress: Trains her to kill better while trying to train her not to kill at all (while still killing on his own). Finally captured and in prison.
    Hall: Shot by former, gets out while she might still get the use of legs back one day.
    Isabel: Doesn't really count, but she teamed up with his enemy to destroy his company. Killed by current girlfriends ex-girlfriend.

That's 2 out of 6 dead, one (temporarily) crippled, one assassin, one imprisoned, and one Laurel.
    Laurel being Laurel is the worst punishment for those characters.

This discussion has been closed.