As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[phalla] Transformers Mini - Unicron Victory

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I probably should have 100% made sure of the vote count before I did that.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Oh ugh didn't vote sorry, forgot I'm not in est anymore.

Langly on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Apologies for not voting. My niece was a holy terror today- apparently it's possible for a two-year-old to run an uncle and their mother into the ground energy-wise. Finally got her down for the night and fell asleep waiting for DCU to finish patching.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day One:

The autobots convened to attempt to eliminate the decepticons hiding in their midst. Whatever strange plan Megatron had of making most people appear to look like Bluestreak was highly disorienting. The crowd picked out one robot that was acting, a little stranger than most and prepared to execute him. Obifett did not resist at all, in fact he was one of the loudest calls for his own head.

Optimus Prime prepared to examine the body closely, but a cloud of dust arose, and when it cleared the body was gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC3zVcsy0jI

Everyone silently groaned as the Bluestreaks endlessly amused themselves. One Bluestreak laughed particularly obnoxiously until a giant foot smashed him into scrap. Optimus was able to identify him as Buddha73.

Megatron frowned. He didn't know what Prime hoped to accomplish with this Bluestreak plan. He felt uncertain, and he hated feeling uncertain. He decided that this would have to be resolved by killing them all and sorting it out afterwards.

Starscream entered the room with a smirk on his face, but decided not to antagonize Megatron after looking at his face.

Optimus Prime looked over the instruments again, they clearly showed that Obifett’s body was drifting away into space. They didn’t have the resources to launch a team to recover it. Who would do such a thing? He called some of his soldiers in, but only Bluestreak after Bluestreak filed in. They were not very helpful. Prime finally sent them away as Ultra Magnus entered the room.

“Prime, there were two more casualties tonight.”

Prime frowned, “More autobots?”

Ultra Magnus thought for a moment and replied, “We don’t know yet. We found a Junkion blasted apart by multiple strikes. We identified him as enlightenedbum. We also saw footage of another robot that was blasted and then hit with another force which completely annihilated it. We didn’t recover anything to identify, but some of the others said the annihilated robot might have been going by Capfalcon.

The two autobot leaders planned strategy late into the night.

The Dead:
    ObiFett - ??? - The Vote
    enlightenedbum - Junkion - Brought down by concentrated blaster fire.
    Buddha73 - Bluestreak - Crushed by a massive foot
    Capfalcon - ??? - Blasted and Utterly Destroyed

PMs are going out. @Langly and @JaysonFour receiving an inactivity warning for skipping the vote.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    All Results are out. If you feel lonely or neglected send me a pm.
    Day 2 to close at 9pm EST 7/8/2014

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Umm, anyone want to take a guess at what question marks mean?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    That there are some kills that don't reveal our faction, or that we all only think we're Bluestreak, but aren't, due to some sort of widespread delusion.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Hahahahaha capfalcon was not liked.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Missing death results ugggh

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    What do the different colors in the results mean?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    wow it is really really funny that bluestreak actually got killed on day 1

edit: in regards to all the ??? i mean.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jester313 wrote: »

green is typically the color of village players. goldenrod means enlightenedbum was some sort of neutral faction (probably I guess). In general if a color is not red or black, but isn't green, they're some weird neutral party. Red means mafia.

So if the person is green, it means they were village. If the action is green, it means a villager did it. That way you can tell, for instance, whether a village aligned person killed someone, or if it was the mafia.

Capfalcon, for instance, was killed by a villager and also a serial killer (probably. black generally denotes a serial killer)

Langly on
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Well there are multiple possibilities here, including that our vote does not reveal the alignment of the target (which would be really lame because generally you shouldn't weaken the vote like that) plus whatever utterly destroys stuff (Unicron probably) obviously. Maybe the Decepticons can hide one death each night and they've chosen to hide the vote winner for now? In general that's the best target anyways as there is no real reason to hide a mafia kill since you know it isn't mafia anyways and they won't know any of the other targets, though I still think that a mafia able to hide a kill each night is going to be ridiculous as there are a lot of Bluestreaks around whose only real power is the vote and weakening the vote like that weakens everyone. With no other powers for the Bluestreaks we can't even figure out if our one power is doing anything. If I had to look at yesterday's vote though, I would figure that the Decepticon mafia is only too happy to let everybody pile onto an obvious target like Obifett. No idea what else I can get from the vote though. The possibility of posting restrictions (self-inflicted or not) makes it difficult to read people.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Jester313 wrote: »

Name colors indicate player alignment. Green guys are usually good guys, red guys are usually bad guys (and that's probably true here), and other colors usually have their own motives which are rarely helpful to the good guys.

Color of kill description usually indicates what variety of kill hit a person. We should probably infer that the Decepticons killed enlightenedbum (which makes perfectly good sense, if he wasn't one of them, as he's pretty good at finding bad guys) and that Trypticon, of all things, killed Buddha73. An Autobot is probably responsible for what happened to Capfalcon one way or the other.

It is unusual that we're not getting role and alignment info for some of the dead, particularly lately, but it's not a guaranteed thing to have. We can maybe infer something in the long term from the absence of it.

E: I can spell!

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think its really weird that the vote gives a ??? and have it not be a reveal. ??? has to be a faction of some sort, doesn't it?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think its really weird that the vote gives a ??? and have it not be a reveal. ??? has to be a faction of some sort, doesn't it?

well I didn't think we would all actually show up as bluestreak in death either, I guess there are just a ton of bluestreaks out there.

Obi said he was a survival neutral who would be back, so I'm not sure what that means. I don't think that the vote will naturally do this.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Langly wrote: »

well I didn't think we would all actually show up as bluestreak in death either, I guess there are just a ton of bluestreaks out there.

Obi said he was a survival neutral who would be back, so I'm not sure what that means. I don't think that the vote will naturally do this.

It occurs to me that Capfalcon (or Obi, come to think of it) could easily be Starscream, given the ??? status on that death.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Yes, but

myster_zps42ee597c.gif

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't know enough about Transformers, perhaps. Maybe someone should sub in for me?

• Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    Maybe Obi needed to die to reach his full power, and that's why he gave himself a flyer vote when we were looking for a new bandwagon to get of Jdarksun.

• Options
    Knowledge about Transformers is irrelevant.

• Options
    I don't know enough about Transformers, perhaps. Maybe someone should sub in for me?

Nah, just work the phalla end of it. I'm probably going to confuse myself and any other Transformers-friendly players speculating based on that, and it really doesn't matter what silly robot name a role has, just whether it's a good guy or a bad guy, and what it can do.

• Options
    Also, still Bluestreak here.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Mirage had the ability to project holograms.

*shrug*

I got nothin'.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Transformers lore people can help with factions because it seems like there must be at least 3 (yellow, red, and green have all showed up).

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

edit: in regards to all the ??? i mean.

hmmmm

Langly

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Plus the SK.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    300px-Megatron_vs_dan.jpg

Megafrost! You're behind this!

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    OoooooooooooO
    Well that's a terrible way to die on day one. Guess i was a ant.
    OoooooooooooO

• Options
    edited July 2014
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Transformers lore people can help with factions because it seems like there must be at least 3 (yellow, red, and green have all showed up).

Junkions are space robots from TF: The Movie. Their leader, Wreck-Gar, was voiced by Eric Idle, who must've had mortgage payments to make or something. They're probably neutrals, or were neutral if Ebum was the only one. Apparently they were amusing enough to reoccur in various incarnations in other TF media, as well. This, according to tfwiki, also includes a Weird Al-voiced incarnation!

Auralynx on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    They also talked TV, so Obi makes sense.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    They also talked TV, so Obi makes sense.

Good point. They're obsessed with Earth's pop culture. Definitely might be Obi.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Langly

the villagers are Bluestreak...

• Options
    yes I am aware, I did not think that we would actually come up bluestreak, since that would mean a million bluestreaks.

• Options
    I am worth a million, yes.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Looking at Obi's posts, it's likely he was a Junkion.
    By the looks of the lore, Junkions can survive attacks that would incapacitate a normal 'bot.
    So Obi may well have been looking to survive the vote with such an ability, only to get blindsided by the vote not working with his ability.
    Maybe.
    If "I'm a Survival Neutral but I'll be back" and "I'm not at all happy" are the sounds of this happening.

But this would also imply that ebum was either hit multiple times (and it was lumped into the same attack) or the ability didn't work for a mafia attack also, which seems sort of a reach.
    Does each death notice up there correlate with a single use of an ability?

discrider on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Actually, Obi is definitely a Junkion if you read the titles of his spoiled Youtube videos.
    So that's two Junkions dead last night.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i wish i wasn't bluestreak.