Options

oh shit I didn't realize it was time for [chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Earlier conversation, but I just want to say that RDJ's performance in Tropic Thunder is a national treasure, much like Crocodile Dundee, and if "blackface" is what you took away from it you missed the whole point of his ridiculous jab at method acting, and more specifically method actors.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    In japanese popular media arent they real cagey about explicitly acknowledging that two characters are gay, like they say theyre close friends and live together but never say theyre a couple

??

bert-and-ernie.jpg

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    and just like that the sun comes out

wow i wish i'd known years ago all i had to do was ask

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Goddamnit. Some superglue got splashed onto my glasses and it's fuckin' impossible to remove. Now I have to go try and make an emergency appointment because I need a new prescription before anyone will give me glasses. Then I have to wait 2 weeks.

Maybe try zenni optical with your old Rx?

Glasses are a scam.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    BTW, Hakks, i saw The World Ends with You yesterday when i was out games shopping but ultimately did not buy it, picking Rocket Slime instead.

Was this biggu mistake?

i don't know anything about Rocket Slime but yes

biggu-est mistake

Rocket Slime is adorable. TWEWY can't compete.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    eheheh I love this Fire Emblem Comic

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040813

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Goddamnit. Some superglue got splashed onto my glasses and it's fuckin' impossible to remove. Now I have to go try and make an emergency appointment because I need a new prescription before anyone will give me glasses. Then I have to wait 2 weeks.

I had luck with http://www.zennioptical.com/men when my niece broke my glasses like a month ago. I had new glasses within a week

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Earlier conversation, but I just want to say that RDJ's performance in Tropic Thunder is a national treasure, much like Crocodile Dundee, and if "blackface" is what you took away from it you missed the whole point of his ridiculous jab at method acting, and more specifically method actors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y3FzVQi-R8

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I really hate it when people take a controversial piece of media, strip it of context, and then say LOOK, cism!

You can't do that. I mean, you're allowed in the sense that no one is going to stop you, but it is really, really telling.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Weird, just met a dude at work I've e-mailed back in forth with a lot for over a year but never had a real conversation with.

Was not expecting him to be hella british.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    im a lead farmer mother fucker

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    cism!

Look at Ludious ,spouting cism.

What a cist.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bert and Ernie aren't gay and the creators have come out and said "not everything has to be shipped, can't they just be friends in this childlike world?"

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    the next fire emblem game will just be a really complex dating sim

They've always been that.
    there was no in game shipping in classic fire emblems (pre...rekka no ken?)

Fire Emblem 4 (two games before the GBA games) was all shipping all the time and was the most popular game in the series before Awakening. It had the same second generation playable character stuff going on.

It owned.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    i'm probably gonna go games shopping next summer week.

You don't have to lie here, 21st. This is a safe place.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Shivahn wrote: »
    cism!

Look at Ludious ,spouting cism.

What a cist.

If I had a dollar for every time I was taken out of Context, I could buy a sl..

nevermind

Ludious on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    i'm probably gonna go games shopping next summer week.

You don't have to lie here, 21st. This is a safe place.

i spent too many dollars yesterday.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Weird, just met a dude at work I've e-mailed back in forth with a lot for over a year but never had a real conversation with.

Was not expecting him to be hella british.

Sometimes there will be someone I've emailed/talked to on the phone for years and then they plop down next to my desk and I'm like uhhhh who are you?.

Except you don't say that you just say it in your head while you pretend to know who they are as they launch into whatever business they have

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am having INCREDIBLE TROUBLE getting the will to put on pants.

Or a skirt or fucking anything.

Pajamas forever.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

nail polish remover with acetone will remove superglue.

it will work very well on glasses as well.

Acetone will wreck the glasses since they aren't actually glass, they're plastic.

The plastic lenses are already likely screwed. Superglue eats up polycarbonate and will cause it to craze and crack eventually.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Maybe try zenni optical with your old Rx?

Glasses are a scam.

My current prescription is ooooooooooooold.

I will probably try zenni optical though, looks good.

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    im a lead farmer mother fucker

We call those miners

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'd be hyped for smash, but I am not buying a wiiu for it, and no more friends are around to play smash with :(

i am getting for 3DS whatevar

I almost forgot this was an option, but its becoming more clear, and I am starting to think it isnt a 'real' option.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I really hate it when people take a controversial piece of media, strip it of context, and then say LOOK, cism!

You can't do that. I mean, you're allowed in the sense that no one is going to stop you, but it is really, really telling.

This type of outrage is what ruined any meaningful conversation I could have had about Cloud Atlas when I went to see it. Some folks were so riled up about "yellowface".

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I love babies and I love turn-based combat

This is oppression give me that game

Was going to agree with this except the babies part.

The real big plus to marrying Chrom is that he's just all "lol raising this kid is way too hard let's hire a nanny and go adventuring. I'll be back when she's old enough that we can play with swords together."

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    hehehehehehe and this one

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=061013

this comic has a lot of great ones for FE Awakening

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

nail polish remover with acetone will remove superglue.

it will work very well on glasses as well.

Acetone will wreck the glasses since they aren't actually glass, they're plastic.

The plastic lenses are already likely screwed. Superglue eats up polycarbonate and will cause it to craze and crack eventually.

I don't care what happens to them in a few months. I just need there to not be a big blur right in the middle of my vision until I can get new glasses.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    the next fire emblem game will just be a really complex dating sim

They've always been that.
    there was no in game shipping in classic fire emblems (pre...rekka no ken?)

Fire Emblem 4 (two games before the GBA games) was all shipping all the time and was the most popular game in the series before Awakening. It had the same second generation playable character stuff going on.

It owned.
    yea i realized i was forgetting about all the old jp only fire emblems i've never played despite the fact that i think the western released fire emblems have basically always had some degree of shipping in the support system

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

I see a Robot Chicken episode there. "Oh shit, it's Falcon! Run!"

• Options
    Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves.

Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets™ do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.

• Options
    Really if you do any amount of digging it's clear Bert and Ernie are a sendoff of The Odd Couple. Obviously, that movie fell into obscurity in comparison to Sesame Street, but really, it doesn't take much effort.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Oh damn, this day is going quick. It's already lunch time.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Guys I spun fire poi this weekend for the first time. The burn crew was super knowledgeable and helpful and the safety briefing beforehand was very thorough (they had a pretty niggling conversation about the specific fabric composition of my friend's dress which ended in her going back to camp to change before burning).

Once you're holding two flaming, naphtha-soaked balls of kevlar it apparently causes you to forget all the cool things you know how to do with poi :blush:

So glad I did it, though.

kevlar? suprised they don't use Nomex

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Bert and Ernie aren't gay and the creators have come out and said "not everything has to be shipped, can't they just be friends in this childlike world?"

i never thought about it before, but Sesame Street erotic fanfiction is definitely a thing that exists.
    Fucking internet.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    awakening made me mad though because lunatic mode was stupid but hard wasn't hard enough :(

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    however, here is a hella dark fanmade movie called Ernest and Bertrand that is definitely worth your 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeNdsoCIgc

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    For the love of Saint Peter, it's Seseme Street.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    awkward zombie is the best

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hehehehehehe and this one

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=061013

this comic has a lot of great ones for FE Awakening

eat your hamburgers, Hakks.

This discussion has been closed.