Options

oh shit I didn't realize it was time for [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    In the thread about that tumblr comedian rape threat kerfuffle last week (don't look it up unless you want your day to be made considerably worse), someone on r/standup posted that their local mic has a big sign up that says "No rape jokes, you're not Louis" which I think is a perfectly ok thing for them to say and enforce in order to protect their business.

You shouldn't be telling rape jokes at an open mic anyway because you're an open micer and absolutely don't have your craft down well enough to get away with it. Which is their point. Not that only Louis can tell rape jokes.

Rape Jokes are veteran material. Even if it's a good joke, the likelihood of you performing it well, and delivering it properly, is so low that it's not worth it.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder how fast I'd get kicked out of a surgeon's office for asking if I could have vagina dentata.

Like how long before they go nooooope and refuse to return my calls.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    For the love of Saint Peter, it's Seseme Street.

Misspelling Sesame Street is actually pretty funny.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    In the thread about that tumblr comedian rape threat kerfuffle last week (don't look it up unless you want your day to be made considerably worse), someone on r/standup posted that their local mic has a big sign up that says "No rape jokes, you're not Louis" which I think is a perfectly ok thing for them to say and enforce in order to protect their business.

You shouldn't be telling rape jokes at an open mic anyway because you're an open micer and absolutely don't have your craft down well enough to get away with it. Which is their point. Not that only Louis can tell rape jokes.

Rape Jokes are veteran material. Even if it's a good joke, the likelihood of you performing it well, and delivering it properly, is so low that it's not worth it.

It is amazing how much of a problem people have getting their head around this concept.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2014
    TL DR wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Guys I spun fire poi this weekend for the first time. The burn crew was super knowledgeable and helpful and the safety briefing beforehand was very thorough (they had a pretty niggling conversation about the specific fabric composition of my friend's dress which ended in her going back to camp to change before burning).

Once you're holding two flaming, naphtha-soaked balls of kevlar it apparently causes you to forget all the cool things you know how to do with poi :blush:

So glad I did it, though.

kevlar? suprised they don't use Nomex

I made these myself. It's kevlar rope around a 2" wood block, secured with an eye hook to some stainless steel ball chain.

cgEEuKal.jpg

Why would Nomex be preferable?

handles higher temperatures.

is the rope actually consumed by the fire?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Rescue Rangers didn't start out on the disney channel anyway. It was part of a syndicated block called The Disney Afternoon

most fox affiliates carried it.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Suddenly, tons of rain.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Goddamnit. Some superglue got splashed onto my glasses and it's fuckin' impossible to remove. Now I have to go try and make an emergency appointment because I need a new prescription before anyone will give me glasses. Then I have to wait 2 weeks.

Maybe try zenni optical with your old Rx?

Glasses are a scam.

My current prescription is ooooooooooooold.

I will probably try zenni optical though, looks good.

Yeah a $15 pair of glasses should hold you over rather than making an ER/urgent visit for an eye doctor.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    a big part of telling controversial jokes that people do not understand is that being offensive is not in itself funny

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Rescue Rangers didn't start out on the disney channel anyway. It was part of a syndicated block called The Disney Afternoon

Duck Tales, Chip n' Dale, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin... yeah, that was good times.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

We had it up here in Canada as well on a channel based out of Edmonton. Loved that block of cartoons as a kid though. Especially when they had Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    a big part of telling controversial jokes that people do not understand is that being offensive is not in itself funny
    ... the aristocrats!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    @Trace wrote: »
    hm

Kerbal Space Program chat?

If you're asking whether you should buy it, I would definitely say yes. It's got a fairly steep learning curve but there's tons of good info and helpful players willing to answer questions. There's a demo for it, but the demo is over a year out of date and the game has changed significantly. It's also a great game for modding, you can add in realism when you feel comfortable with the game, or add-in an autopilot that can help you plan and execute maneuvers.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

It is amazing how much of a problem people have getting their head around this concept.

I agree with this

Louis ck has it down, he got me to laugh about fucking a dead kid in a field

override367 on
  • Options

the best of the best are so good at what they do that they make it seem easy

no nobody plays football for a year and thinks they're messi, but far too many people open mic for a year and think they're Louis

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My laptop screen broke so I bought a replacement. The replacement was defective but in a way that was only apparent after the eBay seller's return window closed. I grudgingly bought another in a hurry. It's for the 11" model not the 13" model I have.

My new apartment is forcing me to move in a day after my old lease expires and they are apparently 100% inflexible on this, leaving me with a 24 hour gap where all my shit has nowhere to go and neither do I. They told me this after I signed the lease.

My car's check engine light came on gotta make that appointment. Also it needs new brakes and shit that I've been ignoring.

My parents are mad because I drove 2 hours to go hiking after I turned down visiting them for the second weekend in a row on the excuse that I didn't want to drive.

I am torn 50/50 on returning the laptop screen, the sorting the rest out or just smashing it to pieces with a hammer, stripping nude, and running away to central america.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Duck Tales, Chip n' Dale, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin... yeah, that was good times.

They used to have cartoons in the morning, too. I never missed an episode of Aladdin before catching the schoolbus.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

no nobody plays football for a year and thinks they're messi, but far too many people open mic for a year and think they're Louis

a big part of anything people do is confidence, which only comes through practice

i know i'm going to sound a like hs guidance counselor or an hr person, but you gotta believe in yourself enough to practice, and believe in what you practice enough to perform

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Guys I spun fire poi this weekend for the first time. The burn crew was super knowledgeable and helpful and the safety briefing beforehand was very thorough (they had a pretty niggling conversation about the specific fabric composition of my friend's dress which ended in her going back to camp to change before burning).

Once you're holding two flaming, naphtha-soaked balls of kevlar it apparently causes you to forget all the cool things you know how to do with poi :blush:

I made these myself. It's kevlar rope around a 2" wood block, secured with an eye hook to some stainless steel ball chain.

cgEEuKal.jpg

I assume they are using the Kevlar/Fiberglass hybrid ropes. Probably not as heat resistant as Nomex but probably cheaper.

• Options
    My laptop screen broke so I bought a replacement. The replacement was defective but in a way that was only apparent after the eBay seller's return window closed. I grudgingly bought another in a hurry. It's for the 11" model not the 13" model I have.

My new apartment is forcing me to move in a day after my old lease expires and they are apparently 100% inflexible on this, leaving me with a 24 hour gap where all my shit has nowhere to go and neither do I. They told me this after I signed the lease.

My car's check engine light came on gotta make that appointment. Also it needs new brakes and shit that I've been ignoring.

My parents are mad because I drove 2 hours to go hiking after I turned down visiting them for the second weekend in a row on the excuse that I didn't want to drive.

I am torn 50/50 on returning the laptop screen, the sorting the rest out or just smashing it to pieces with a hammer, stripping nude, and running away to central america.

What color is the check engine light?

Orange usually means "hey something is not quite right, I'm not sure what it is, hmm, might just be loose gasket or sensor or something."
    Red usually means "HOLY FUCK STOP DRIVING RIGHT THE FUCK NOW"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Flashing orange means "you can keep going, but you should bring the car in ASAP"

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I agree with this

Louis ck has it down, he got me to laugh about fucking a dead kid in a field

CK's performance personality helps him get away with a lot, too.

Like he goes through a joke like he's going through a midlife crisis.

So the framing of a lot of his "oh god did he really say that" jokes are about how fucked up he is, about laughing at him, not laughing at whoever the joke is theoretically aimed at.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    You can get pretty far by stealing from others too

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

cgEEuKal.jpg

Ah. No, it's my understanding that the heads wear out over the course of 100-200 uses due mostly to abrasion and whatnot. Naptha doesn't burn all that hot, which is why it's used for fire performing to begin with.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Ah yes, pulling a McAfee

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Because they may be funny in front of their friends and they consider it a comparable experience.

• Options

this is actually how you get at things

i'm 100% serious

• Options
    It's always odd reading about people who have weird relationships with their parents.

I just can't imagine trying to wade my way through life without someone helping at key points.

Like trying to buy a house on your own is terrifying because you just don't know what the fuck you're doing yet.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @Trace wrote: »
    hm

Kerbal Space Program chat?

If you're asking whether you should buy it, I would definitely say yes. It's got a fairly steep learning curve but there's tons of good info and helpful players willing to answer questions. There's a demo for it, but the demo is over a year out of date and the game has changed significantly. It's also a great game for modding, you can add in realism when you feel comfortable with the game, or add-in an autopilot that can help you plan and execute maneuvers.

I am very much looking forward to the 0.24 update.

I will be restarting my career mode and seeing if I can build my Munbase again while trying to remain profitable.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Now now, DK, running away never solves anything

I mean, it does for a while, and a life of hedonism in central america does have its appeal

But its probably not sustainable :P

• Options

You really, really can't.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i don't think I'd ever use kevlar rope for any load bearing applications because it self abrades and is degraded by UV. Spectra is where it's at.

• Options

No, you can. Literally every single creator owes a massive debt to people that inspired them. If you look at their early work you will absolutely find a good amount of it cribbed (intentionally and unintentionally) from people before them. Very, very few people arrive as this totally original genius.

• Options
    edited July 2014

I just meant in general

override367 on
  • Options

No, you can. Literally every single creator owes a massive debt to people that inspired them. If you look at their early work you will absolutely find a good amount of it cribbed (intentionally and unintentionally) from people before them. Very, very few people arrive as this totally original genius.

Being inspired by and stealing from are two entirely separate things.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    @simonwolf‌
    Quick edit to your spreadsheet, The Earworms have already brutalized the Rodents once.

• Options
    Anyone know how much it costs to file a motion, on average?

• Options
    i don't think I'd ever use kevlar rope for any load bearing applications because it self abrades and is degraded by UV. Spectra is where it's at.

It used to be popular for cold weather use because the stuff loves the cold.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

My timing is pretty terrible at this.

Joke with punchline "You're scared I have to walk back alone."
    The response. "I was molested by my uncle you asshole."

Joke with punchline "after the second week the guys were so ashamed we buried her."
    The response. "That is fucked up, I can't date you any more."

I need to stick with jokes about dicks and masturbation.

This discussion has been closed.