Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    okay, I dunno wtf is up now.

4 hours later, I'm still getting this error:

F_U_Steam.jpg

I guess I'll try again in the morning and if it doesn't work then... Steam support? /shudder

My gifting was also failing, but a trade request worked. It loses some of the impersonal charm of giftbombing though. All that awkward interaction with real people.

(wonderful people of course)

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Er, I went ahead and picked up the Divinity:Original Sin collector's to share the second copy with my friend...and it won't let me send it? It says I have to wait 30 days? Please tell me this is a bug and will resolve itself or there's a way I can fix it, 40 bucks is okay in my budget, 70 isn't as cool. If I can't send the other copy to my friend that really sucks.

edit: Hey maybe I should read like, 5 posts back. I'm not the only one with this issue I see.

30 days to gift it or to trade it?

It says not tradeable but I get the same message pixie gets when I try to gift it. Submitted a ticket to Steam support.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Saints Row 3 first run through -finished.

Yeah that was a trip. Very enjoyable.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Damn, already got the black man leveled up and chose the wrong weapon specialty for him....oh well, didn't find any heavy weapons along the way.

State of Decay has leveling and combat intimacy up the wazoo, plus nice little animations.

And I just discovered profiles....so why haven't I gotten that particular achievement yet?

Finish story, loose at Breakdown, finish story, loose at Breakdown.

edit: I fucking hate this orange but love this game DOORSHOT! CRUNCH!

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Someone mentioned fix to geneforge slow down:
    http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/18333-geneforge-slowdown-and-lag-solved/

I don't know who, but it works for me.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I'm really struggling to like Binary Domain. It looks nifty but it keeps giving me the wrong command prompt for the actions it wants. Combined with my partner asking what I said every time I hit a key because of the click I only made it an hour before giving up. Does anyone have any tips? Everyone has said its a great game.....

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'd send off a Steam request and let it soak during work, Pixie. It might just need time to iron itself out, or a Steam rep just needs to poke it with a stick to jar it loose. It might take time, but at least you can still play games...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Made quick work of Wolf Among Us' 3rd chapter.

Well..... that escalated quickly.
    Still making most of the more common decisions others have made, apparently.
    *breathes deeply*

Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary...

*swings back*
    OH SWEETJESUSOHMYGOD FUCKFUCKSHIT AAAAAAAAAGHH!!!

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Someone mentioned fix to geneforge slow down:
    http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/18333-geneforge-slowdown-and-lag-solved/

I don't know who, but it works for me.

Tried it a while back. No dice.

Drake on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Cinders is kind of meh, I like the execution technically, but the writing is not great, which is a problem for a visual novel. But I got it in a bundle and got 50 cents from the trading cards so I can't complain. And I see from the achievements that you can fucking die, so I'm going to have to see if I can get that ending at least.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Steam really likes to give duplicates cards. Like really, really likes to give them. I need my badges.

Edit: Also Tomb Raider GOTY is on sale for $7.49. It's so, so worth it for anyone looking for a good action adventure game. It's one of my favorite games from last console gen.

My 3 Bob Kerman cards have no idea what you are talking about. For Tomb Raider GOTY, what sort of stuff is in the DLC? Is it extra content, or shiny stuff that I almost never actually purchase?

A couple of map packs and a few character unlocks for the utterly inconsequential multiplayer, a side-misson tomb for single-player (read: maybe five minutes of extra content), a couple of early ability unlocks for things you'll get in the game anyway, and shinies. Frankly you can ignore all of it and just get the base game, IMO, unless any of the alternate outfits for single-player catch your eye (I quite like Sure-Shot).

But the game itself is absolutely brilliant and must not be missed.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you all are responsible for this; PC dominates gaming hardware sales. <3

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Steam really likes to give duplicates cards. Like really, really likes to give them. I need my badges.

Edit: Also Tomb Raider GOTY is on sale for $7.49. It's so, so worth it for anyone looking for a good action adventure game. It's one of my favorite games from last console gen.

My 3 Bob Kerman cards have no idea what you are talking about. For Tomb Raider GOTY, what sort of stuff is in the DLC? Is it extra content, or shiny stuff that I almost never actually purchase?

A couple of map packs and a few character unlocks for the utterly inconsequential multiplayer, a side-misson tomb for single-player (read: maybe five minutes of extra content), a couple of early ability unlocks for things you'll get in the game anyway, and shinies. Frankly you can ignore all of it and just get the base game, IMO, unless any of the alternate outfits for single-player catch your eye (I quite like Sure-Shot).

But the game itself is absolutely brilliant and must not be missed.
    Yeah, I had this conversation during the Sale... it's worth it to skip the GOTY, and just grab the Survival Edition and then the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC. You get more stuff that's actually interesting (artbook, soundtrack, etc.) instead of pointless (MP stuff and free upgrades).

sig.gif
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Ed Gruberman
    @Florin‌
    @Shade‌
    @TreadLife‌

I still can't send your prizes out this morning. I was able to do a direct trade with Bobwoco last night to get his to him, so if Steam continues to be pure stupid poopy after work this evening, I'll try to catch you guys online and just trade them to you (or if you see me on, give me a shout).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    There, finally finished The Wolf Among Us...

That's one marked off the ol' back log. Pain n' me bugger quite ain't it, dat list o' mine?
    Happy ta' finish it, quite enjoyed meself.

Question for ya' blokes...
    Kinda missed that bit with Nerissa and how it was tied together at the end.
    Can see it was something incredibly important.

Also, threw down that crooked bastard down the well. Making good strides with everyone as it seems.
    Felt like a good ending, even if I can't really make heads or tails of that last bit.

Looks like mah little vacation is dun near over, gon' ta work later 'night so need to get meself a bit o' shuteye.
    But felt a lil' complish'd there, that I did!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you all are responsible for this; PC dominates gaming hardware sales. <3

A list that's only half relevant by not stating how many of those games are actually played...

:P

steam_sig.png

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Kinda makes you laugh at all that console smack talk from last gen. PC's don't give you an intimate enough experience for Alan Wake, PCs are for spreadsheets and so they're no good for FEZ, etc.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    It is a somewhat worrisome sign for Valve's business acumen that they have not provided @Pixelated Pixie‌ with dedicated concierge service.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Bunch of Last Door stuff

Thanks for the review. This is a game I had never heard of and now its definitely on my list.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I bet Gabe would give her a tour if she asked

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I started playing Shantae last night.

What a really, really fun game. Cute and fun and with amusing dialog. Gonna mark that one as a keeper... :)

Thanks again, @heenato! <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

What a really, really fun game. Cute and fun and with amusing dialog. Gonna mark that one as a keeper... :)

Yeah, the gameplay is awesome but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get past the creepy focus on underage tits of the HD portraits.

• Options
    Also, why aren't we talking about Hand of Fate? An action adventure roguelike deckbuilding RPG? I would have thought the board would be crazy over it.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

There's another one that's currently being developed that was Kickstarted. Can't link it on the forums but should be easy enough to find. Unlike most Kickstarters, it's still possible to purchase tiers through the developer directly in case you find it interesting enough.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    So there I am, eating an apple in my garden, catching up on the steam thread, only to see that I've one @Pixelated Pixie's Divinity: Original Sin giveaway! I think you're doing the giveaways right (not just the part where I won one) because every time I entered, I felt bad because I don't need more games but each of your giveaways was basically the top of my wishlist!

Lo and behold, the Pinkocaplypse is real and it demands a heavy price! All glory to the Pink One!
    Thank you so much for this. I can't wait to play it!

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

There's another one that's currently being developed that was Kickstarted. Can't link it on the forums but should be easy enough to find. Unlike most Kickstarters, it's still possible to purchase tiers through the developer directly in case you find it interesting enough.

Huh, I always thought we were allowed to post completed kickstarter campaigns...but the rules don't say anything about that, so I won't risk posting it either.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm really, really liking Bioshock Infinite. It's super pretty and I really like the overall atmosphere. I got frustrated with Bioshock 1 when it felt like just random creepy things attacking in the dark without enough ammo - this one feels more like I'm connected to the story and as I've mentioned before pressing N to see where to go next is great for idiots like me.

It looks like we may have to re-install all our Sims games. We're having issues with Sims just randomly freezing and starting back up. We leave for vacation tomorrow, I'm thinking about uninstalling everything, deleting saved games, and then starting all the downloads through Origin before leaving. So frustrating since all four of us have multiple households, but I'm hoping that will fix everything.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Huh, I always thought we were allowed to post completed kickstarter campaigns...but the rules don't say anything about that, so I won't risk posting it either.

The stuff I've seen has people avoiding it, and they've generally been around longer than I have so I err on the side of caution.

Also @Pixelated Pixie so she sees what I posted previously.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Yeah, the gameplay is awesome but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get past the creepy focus on underage tits of the HD portraits.

I'm not really sure "underage" applies, but as for the boobs - that sort of thing doesn't bother me a bit. Heck, I play and adore "TERA: Don't You Want to Be a Jiggler, Too?" :P

Regarding the kickstarted sequel, I was under the impression it was going to be console-only. I hope I was misinformed! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Steam too.
    Best of all, we have our ducks in a row. Half-Genie Hero is already approved for development on Wii U, PS3, PS4, VITA & VITA TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Steam

From the Kickstarter page.

Madican on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'm not really sure "underage" applies, but as for the boobs - that sort of thing doesn't bother me a bit. Heck, I play and adore "TERA: Don't You Want to Be a Jiggler, Too?" :P

Regarding the kickstarted sequel, I was under the impression it was going to be console-only. I hope I was misinformed! :D

They look 15 or so to me no matter what some description states otherwise. It's really gross.

• Options
    I noticed you playing TERA - but honestly my brain made it that you were playing Terraria, which doesn't really have much jiggling. What is TERA?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I noticed you playing TERA - but honestly my brain made it that you were playing Terraria, which doesn't really have much jiggling. What is TERA?

F2P Korean MMO. With some of the skimpiest armor sets I've ever seen, and ludicrous jiggle physics that I can't stop making fun of. But it has a gorgeous world and art that appeals to me and the gameplay is tons of fun. So I keep playing (I've been playing since before it went f2p).

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

F2P Korean MMO. With some of the skimpiest armor sets I've ever seen, and ludicrous jiggle physics that I can't stop making fun of. But it has a gorgeous world and art that appeals to me and the gameplay is tons of fun. So I keep playing (I've been playing since before it went f2p).

What's that other game on their site? Zombies Monsters Robots? I am intrigued...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Do we have a Banished thread somewhere? @mrs croaker‌ is having some trouble keeping her little people alive (or as she put it "the little bastards keep starving on me"). I did have a search, but apparently I fail at search on mobile...

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

As someone who primarily plays games on PC, I'm glad to see that the PC gaming market is doing well. However, I don't actually want to see the PC truly dominate and become the primary focus of developers.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see so many big console titles come to to PC and having to use Origin to play a few games is much simpler than needing a new console. However, the long run of the 360/PS3 generation did let Pixie, myself, and others play nearly every new game on our old Core2Duo machines into 2014. There was a time when PCs started to get long in the tooth when they were 18-24 months old. While I don't imagine it will get quite that bad again, I hope the XB1 and PS4 have a long, successful life to keep the minimum requirements of upcoming games nice and low.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options

If I play it will I be tempted to spend money super quick or can I get a good amount of fun for free?

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Do we have a Banished thread somewhere? @mrs croaker‌ is having some trouble keeping her little people alive (or as she put it "the little bastards keep starving on me"). I did have a search, but apparently I fail at search on mobile...

I didn't see one when I was playing it. I can give you some tips though. Spoilered for those who don't care about Banished:
    - Start with a fishery as one of your first buildings, and put 4 people in there. It's a good constant source of food.
    - I would usually put a gatherer's hut out somewhere as well
    - Hunters seem very unreliable, but they can bring in a big haul occasionally. Don't rely on them.
    - Once you get seeds, start with fields. Their output will slow down after a few seasons, so make sure you have more fields than you need so you can have a few growing nothing each year, then replant them a year or two later.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    As in Manos: Hands of Fate?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

That reminds me, I should go back and play TERA some more. I picked High Elf Mage Chick, because if they're going to make boobs that act like independent entities, I might as well pick the race with the (arguably) largest ones.

I also like that it uses a controller, like Dragon Nest.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
This discussion has been closed.