As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Korra] BOOK 3 BEGINS! (NSF-Spoilerbenders) Also, there's a game now.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Aang was a master at a younger age, too.
    Well, the whole avatar thing kinda muddles that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

Nah, all the other kids were perfectly able to do the Air Ball that Aang invented. He was just more creative.

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    So about Suyin and the metal clan:
    We know that Suyin was a fugitive, Varrik currently is and it's mentioned that the cook was a pirate. So I wonder if the metal clan's city was founded as a sanctuary for criminals from the other nations. Which is interesting because the bad guys in this season are fugitives so it's not a guarantee that everyone in the metal city will be on team Korra when they show up. Suyin's little rant against the Earth Queen and talking about how the world is changing makes me wonder if she has her own agenda and might not actually be reformed.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    We know that Suyin was a fugitive, Varrik currently is and it's mentioned that the cook was a pirate. So I wonder if the metal clan's city was founded as a sanctuary for criminals from the other nations. Which is interesting because the bad guys in this season are fugitives so it's not a guarantee that everyone in the metal city will be on team Korra when they show up. Suyin's little rant against the Earth Queen and talking about how the world is changing makes me wonder if she has her own agenda and might not actually be reformed.
    Then it's revealed she's actually from the Northern Water Tribe.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »
    Smurph wrote: »
    Then it's revealed she's actually from the Northern Water Tribe.

tumblr_me7anzV0cY1rxzwz7o1_400.gif

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I like the fact that they haven't specifically called out or explicitly mentioned the fact that evil waterbender girl has no arms. It's just, that's how she is. You can see it for yourself.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I really buy Henry Rollins as Zaheer's voice now that he's all anime Mr. Clean

All the voice acting this season has been on fucking point

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I like the fact that they haven't specifically called out or explicitly mentioned the fact that evil waterbender girl has no arms. It's just, that's how she is. You can see it for yourself.

Yeah, I got to give them a hand for that. Not to point fingers, but it's something a lot of people would be alarmed by. To get elbows deep in the issue, the Avatar creative team really is heads and shoulders above others in this regard. Thumbs up.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    /slow clap

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    She's the new Toph, really. It's pretty great.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Nah, all the other kids were perfectly able to do the Air Ball that Aang invented. He was just more creative.

That he came up with it is why he became a master.

Having the ingenuity to invent something is a lot more rare and difficult than copying what someone else is doing.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Question about Lin:
    Was it ever confirmed she couldn't have children, and that's why Tenzin broke up with her? Or was that just a fan theory?

I've always just been under the assumption that she was too wrapped up in work to have time for a family.

The recent details regarding her family issues are just icing to the cake, really.

She was clearly a career woman (and a total hardass) well before the last big incident that came between her and Suyin.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    iPiwdO0.jpg

• Options

Also she's kind of scary, and no one wants to be the one who brings that up.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    iPiwdO0.jpg

I understood that reference

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    iPiwdO0.jpg

Shouldn't that be War profiteer, conspirator, war criminal?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it's okay if you're a war criminal on the avatar's side

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I really buy Henry Rollins as Zaheer's voice now that he's all anime Mr. Clean

All the voice acting this season has been on fucking point

WHAT

• Options
    Oh you didn't know? Yeah he's the villain of the season.

• Options
    I now love Book 3 even more.

• Options
    One thing I'm curious about.
    Zaheer seems to have a deep knowledge and respect, even love, of Airbender culture. Judging by his age, he could've been one of the original Air Acolytes. Maybe even trained with Aang. I wonder if Zaheer thinks Korra's not living up to Aang's legacy and wants to train her himself.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Zaheer seems to have a deep knowledge and respect, even love, of Airbender culture. Judging by his age, he could've been one of the original Air Acolytes. Maybe even trained with Aang. I wonder if Zaheer thinks Korra's not living up to Aang's legacy and wants to train her himself.

They said outright that
    the anti team avatar tried to kidnap the avatar when she was still a toddler, which means she hadnt had time to measure against Aang in any way.

They also said that the kidnap attempt was why the White Lotus kept her isolated at the south pole instead of sending her off on the standard avatar pilgrimage, so there's really no reason for them to have thought anything about how Korra was being trained as the avatar, either.

EDIT:
    also when lavabender guy got sprung, Zaheer said something about an end to the age of the avatar, not a change in direction of the age of the avatar.

Narbus on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So is the eyeball tattoo actually required to do combustion bending or

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Probably acts as a focal point for chi or whatever.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Sometimes just having a visual aid can help you accomplish something that technically doesn't require it.

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »

They said outright that
    the anti team avatar tried to kidnap the avatar when she was still a toddler, which means she hadnt had time to measure against Aang in any way.

They also said that the kidnap attempt was why the White Lotus kept her isolated at the south pole instead of sending her off on the standard avatar pilgrimage, so there's really no reason for them to have thought anything about how Korra was being trained as the avatar, either.

EDIT:
    also when lavabender guy got sprung, Zaheer said something about an end to the age of the avatar, not a change in direction of the age of the avatar.

Got it, forgot. I'm still really interested in what Zaheer's grand scheme is.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    "Bolin' out" is how I'll end all my calls from now

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

Sometimes just having a visual aid can help you accomplish something that technically doesn't require it.

It's like that experiment where they put stickers inside urinals where the ideal splashdown location is and it reduced the amount of urine that missed the urinal by, like, 80%.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This season continues to be rad, easily shaping up to be the best season of Korra so far.

I had to have a good giggle at the metal benders wearing metal armor though. Doesn't that seem like a preposterously bad idea when everyone around you can metal bend?

Just you know, move two fingers, whoops I popped your head with your own helmet.

• Options
    The Metalbending Police Force operates primarily through the use of specialized metalbending. Its uniform consists mainly of segmented metal armor, which offers protection against chi blocking.
    -
    For regular metalbending officers, the majority of the uniform is a light gray color with the hat being a slightly darker shade of gray. The foot piece of the armor is made up of retractable metal plates, and it allows the officers to expose their feet to the ground when necessary. Due to the fact that the armor is made out of metal, the officers can swiftly put on their uniforms by utilizing their metalbending skills.

Since it's assumed that they're generally not going to be fighting other metal benders very often, I think the benefits of the armour outweigh the risks.

• Options
    Just finished the new eps

Ok I thought I'd get used to it but

Zaheer's voice is insanely un-intimidating

It really bothers me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also Su never apologized and as unreasonable as Lin was being that pretty kinda crappy

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    He's not really an intimidating sort of presence really, until he's tossing you around.

His crew make up for that in spades though. Magmabender man alone looks like he eats babies for breakfast.

• Options
    He's not really an intimidating sort of presence really, until he's tossing you around.

His crew make up for that in spades though. Magmabender man alone looks like he eats babies for breakfast.

I guess

I just think its kind of a crappy badguy voice after Zhou, mark hamill, and Amon

• Options
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Zaheer is supposed to have an unintimidating voice for the most part.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    How badass was the hybrid earth/metalbending fight between Lin and Suyin?

so badass

Joolander on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

so badass

That was probably my favorite action scene from the series so far

Suyin is a fucking gangsta

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »

so badass

really, really good

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    This season is proving to have the best fighting scenes of the whole series so far

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Zaheer is supposed to have an unintimidating voice for the most part.

Henry Rollins can bring it in his voice work. I imagine at some point Zaheer is going to let some rage into his voice, and when that happens shit is going to be unsettled.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.