As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Runnie's Replace's WHUMP! COMAK Thread

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    When do the imperials show up and tell us that they're not actually biscuits?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    One of my favorite breakfasts biscuits similar to those and sausage gravy. The one I liked the most had bits of sausage and lots of black pepper.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    One of my favorite breakfasts biscuits similar to those and sausage gravy. The one I liked the most had bits of sausage and lots of black pepper.

People have mixed opinions, but I really like this
    0003900060020_500X500.jpg

That and some canned biscuits (or frozen ones in a bag, which are pretty good and you don't have to bake them all at once like pop cans) make for a really easy, tasty meal

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Right now. I can say that I'm not a huge fan of American biscuits.

Also, how many Americans eat grits?

Is that just a southern thing?

Grits are gross.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    It is the same thing as polenta. And grits , shrimp, and hot sauce are great.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Grits are gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuONuafxwk

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Grits are gross.

20040623hmv5.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    It's possible to have over/undercooked grits. Not to mention they need to be seasoned properly

Now, with that out of the way, what I like to do is cook grits, then let them get cold. Then I eat the grit block

• Options
    not all the time, but some of the times

• Options
    Cold versions of food are like a whole new version of whatever I liked about the food in the first place.

Like, congealed grease is such an amazing thing.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Sometimes my mom would make biscuits and gravy on the weekend when I was growing up. When she was on her game, she'd make fancy sausage gravy. When she was feeling lazy, she'd make (what other people tell me is) really bland gravy with just butter, milk, and flour. I was the only one in the house that absolutely loved the bland gravy.

I was the only one that learned how to make gravy her way, so now that she's gone I have the super ultimate power where I get to decide which gravy at get-togethers. Mwahahaha.

• Options
    I learned how to make onion gravy a couple weeks ago.

Preeeeeeetty great.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Preeeeeeetty great.

recipe please!

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    It's possible to have over/undercooked grits. Not to mention they need to be seasoned properly

Now, with that out of the way, what I like to do is cook grits, then let them get cold. Then I eat the grit block

yeah but they gotta be mixed thoroughly

the worst part about a improper grit bar is coming across a bite that's just unseasoned grits

it's like a white chunk of disappointment

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I like dipping biscuits into buttery grits and runny egg yolks. Best breakfast.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I like grits any way you make em. Add butter and crumbled bacon, or maybe butter and sugar, or maybe some kind of fruit preserve, or even plain. I love plain grits, and plain Cream of Wheat as well.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    • whoa, theres a list function I somehow found by random ass tapping
    • I like Whomp, but sometimes I wish I had more Whomp
    • Three
    • Seriously, how do you make gravy from onions?

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    cheese grits are civilization

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    • random ass tapping

Those words made me picture many amusing scenarios.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I haven't had grits in ages.

But like

A good sausage gravy is really easy to make. Like dead simple. The from scratch biscuits are slightly harder. You can go from a can if you have to.

But that gravy is so easy and delicious.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my grandmother has always said to have good biscuits you need fresh baking powder

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Man, you guys are making me crave some biscuits and gravy.
    But I have not biscuits, or stuff to make biscuits. Or gravy, or sausage for that matter.

How weird will I look wandering around a grocery store at 1am looking for the makings of biscuits and gravy?

Well, add time to get dressed and drive to the store, call it 2.

Actually, pajamas are kind of clothes, right? Call it 1:45.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Whataburger has some pretty great biscuits and gravy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    But I have not biscuits, or stuff to make biscuits. Or gravy, or sausage for that matter.

How weird will I look wandering around a grocery store at 1am looking for the makings of biscuits and gravy?

Exactly as strange as picking up anything else at 2 in the morning.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    see317 wrote: »

When my wife and I went to the observatory in Chicago, we were waiting for the bus to pick us up to leave and there was a family there waiting with us. We got to talking with them, and the son, who probably about 8 goes, "That's my sister, she's 6 and she's weird."
    I look over and there's a girl there wearing a winter coat, boots, hat, and pajamas. I'm like "What? Weird because she's wearing pajamas?"
    and immediately she pipes up "It's not pajamas! It's an outfit!"

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Xaquin wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

Preeeeeeetty great.

recipe please!

3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)

3-ish cups of sliced onions. Sliced, mind you, you want good, long slices. I cut the onions in 1/4s and then sliced 'em.

2 1/2 cups flour

2 1/2 cups stock. Pork stock works best with bangers, I find, but it really doesn't make that much difference.

1 bay leaf

Butter and bay leaf in the pan, and brown the shit out of them onions. Recipe calls for 15 minutes, I did mine for about 35. The browner, the better.

Stirring constantly, sprinkle flour on the onions. Still stirring, add stock slowly to the onions. The first couple dribbles ought to nearly evaporate as you stir. Once all your stock is in, bring to high heat until it starts to think about boiling, really good and simmery, then lower to medium and cook until it's as thick as you want it. Salt and pepper to taste, remove bay leaf.

Bam, onion gravy.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    This is the closest we have to, like, a thread about Japanese culture right now, and so I come to you with a question... do you folks think a thread about Gundam models (aka Gunpla) would fly here in SE++? Or is that more Artist's Corner?

• Options
    anime is verboten

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It definitely wouldn't fly in the AC, not unless you're designing your own.

• Options
    Is plastic statues anime?

We had a Warhammer thread for a good long while.

Some of you may remember K_A's Desu Squad.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    There's Gunpla talk sometimes in the GV action figures thread.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I think you should ask a mod!

I think if it's about toys, it's probably going to be okay.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    anime is verboten

Wait I thought it was blood

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Talk about anime? That's a paddlin'.

• Options
    here ya go, new wumbo

2014-09-01-Stating-The-Oblivious.jpg

wumbo text
    Hey. Hey, Ronnie. Remember that girl that liked you, but you didn't know it until the far flung future where powerful computers were small enough to fit in your pocket and the sum of human knowledge was only a few taps away, anytime, anywhere? Ha ha, yeah. Well, you'll never forget again. Good night, buddy.

• Options
    the worst part is, I want to apologize to her

I want to say "No no, you weren't being turned down by the dorkiest guy ever because there's something wrong with you. it was all him, I promise. please have a happy life with normal self esteem"

• Options
    The last three panels are the perfect "I'm pooping!" face montage.

• Options
    nah, usually i'm smiling

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    oh godddd
    that one hurt me
    hurt me right in my own memories

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Nevermind, I feel bad for doing this one.

McFlynn on
This discussion has been closed.