Options

[Destiny] Eyes up, Guardians. Our adventure begins!

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I mean you can couch it in 'satire' but it's still a crappy thing to say either way. Earlier I said there a benefits to both. Making 'tongue-in-cheek' remarks like that don't add anything to the discussion, it just makes you sound like a dick. Like I could 'olol only reson peopl buy online is cuz they are virginz and afraid to go outside' but I don't because it's a pointless thing to say.

Wow I really don't appreciate that comment about virgins. I mean you said that you "could say" it but you literally just said it so it's not like you can really couch it in that. Remember:

http://youtu.be/0la5DBtOVNI

No one is insulting anyone, you're just trying to play it up so you can get offended/call people names while still acting like you are the good guy.

you're right though, both versions do definitely have their benefits.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    So a friend pre-ordered this for me after I told her I was dreading all the constant talk about it that was to come.

Someone preordered a game for you because you said you weren't looking forward to people talking about it?

Was interested in the game, didn't have the spare funds available. Bam early birthday present. Added myself to the list by the way and requested to join the Bungie group!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So a friend pre-ordered this for me after I told her I was dreading all the constant talk about it that was to come.

You have a pretty cool friend there!

• Options

Someone preordered a game for you because you said you weren't looking forward to people talking about it?

Was interested in the game, didn't have the spare funds available. Bam early birthday present. Added myself to the list by the way and requested to join the Bungie group!

Oh, haha, okay. I thought you meant you said you were dreading hearing people talk about it because you were uninterested in the game/it's popularity. now I get it.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If you have to put a disclaimer at the end of your post noting that you aren't really being a dick, maybe just don't post it. I am only offended you think posts like that are funny. There are ways to joke around without being hyper-condescending to people.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I prefer analog over digital. :wink:

But on a serious note, I think both methods work fine. I like collector editions myself, and don't mind having to switch disks if need be, since I've been switching games out of my consoles since the SNES.
    Can't wait to explore everywhere with you guys.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    DeadspaceDeadspace Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So my wife also ordered me the book and limited edition wee awesome spouse ftw. I'll share if anything in the book is worth the purchase after receiving it. Hype servos at critical mass.

Deadspace on
    "War Within, War Without, War Unending." catechism of the Space Wolves 13th Chapter.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Fighting over digital vs physical is silly. What's important is all warlocks are virgins who never even kissed a girl and all titans are so dumb that when someone asked them to spell mom backwards they turned around.

Hunters rule!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    All Hunters have to wear capes to hide their disfiguring acne. Titans have huge biceps and solve their problems with punching. Sorry haters!

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    All Hunters have to wear capes to hide their disfiguring acne. Titans have huge biceps and solve their problems with punching. Sorry haters!

So with their flashy armbands does that make the Warlocks the weaselly Hall Monitors currying favor with the staff?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    All Hunters have to wear capes to hide their disfiguring acne.
    I actually do suffer from adult acne and now I'm super sad. Why don't you bring up how all hunters sisters died in 2008 or how they all suffer from ED...?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    All Hunters have to wear capes to hide their disfiguring acne.
    I actually do suffer from adult acne and now I'm super sad. Why don't you bring up how all hunters sisters died in 2008 or how they all suffer from ED...?

We didn't want to be too harsh on Hunters. We still have to fight beside you, after all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Titans are jocks, warlocks are nerds, and hunters are the in-betweens.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Titans are wusses who have to wear full body power armor because they'd be too scared to go into battle without it. Hunters and Warlocks go into CQC with only their clothes, a few plates of armor, and sheer badassery.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Titans are jocks, warlocks are nerds, and hunters are the in-betweens.

Titans are jocks, warlocks are the actual science nerds. Hunters are the nerds that wear a cape to school and smell like cheetos.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Titan:
    Cam_Newton.jpg

Warlock:
    o-BILL-NYE-YEARBOOK-PHOTO-570.jpg?6

Hunter:
    22f9648c9eef9c57bdc0cb07bf3562ce.jpg

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Hunters are cry babies? Yeah, that sounds about right.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    You're just a square, Inksplat.

PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    this despite numerous people in this thread having said how awesome throwing knife kills are

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Hunters are the cool kids at school that are popular because everyone says so. Titans are the defensive linemen that never get any pussy, and Warlocks are DnD players.

We need a goth class then.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    this despite numerous people in this thread having said how awesome throwing knife kills are

Hunters really just use their knives for dance fights. But occasionally it just gets out of hand, alright!?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    So I just bought a PS4 and pre-ordered Destiny. Was kinda sad seeing the headset that comes with the console though. What mic setup are you guys using? I don't think I could stand using that headset for long! Seeing as how raids might last a couple hours per session, I definitely need something better.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    DeadspaceDeadspace Registered User regular
    I use my ps3 Bluetooth one it's the model that came out before the pulse with simulated surround.

"War Within, War Without, War Unending." catechism of the Space Wolves 13th Chapter.
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Any pair of plugin headphones that you like will be ok but it is only Mono. If you are looking for something higher end with stero sound: Rave reviews all around for the PS4 Gold Wireless Headset

headphone.jpg

zllehs on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    My headset just got vacuumed up by an overzealous boyfriend. Any specials going on for the Gold headset?

• Options
    will its usually $99 and now its $80 so thats nice.
    Though the white one that comes out the same day as destiny is still $99

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's 99$ CAD currently. I don't mind spending that money if it's quality really. I'm just weary of wireless headsets. The ones I saw on PC weren't really good. I wish I could just plug in my Steelseries headset, but I'm guessing I'd need an adapter?

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I got this set off Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HKCKA0G?cache=9ff11c2337542291bd639c76851a18df&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1409497571&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

For 25 bucks they're great. Bonus for you is they're not wireless.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    If you want the Gold headset and can stand waiting for a bit, it will go back on sale.

It's always on sale.

That first deal popped up just yesterday, and it comes with a 50 mail in rebate.

Not a bad price.

• Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    My headset just got vacuumed up by an overzealous boyfriend. Any specials going on for the Gold headset?
    I got mine from Newegg for $75 USD a couple weeks ago. Linky.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    It's on sale at Frys for $69.99 now too

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    I would play a Hunter if their special ability wasn't the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Really, a magic golden gun? Lame.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah but the other Hunter class turns you into a teleporting, sword-wielding blue demon

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

Thank you for this, I was waiting for a decent sale and I just now popped over to Frys and picked these up. With the money I saved I also picked up a 5-1 HDMI switcher i've been meaning to get!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

Fuck, in store only. Dammit.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Still can't decide if I want to pick up the Gold headset or not. It looks nice and you guys keep raving about it - I have a surround setup, but it's not 7.1 (or simulated 7.1, like the headset) and even though I'm wary about the "hidden mic" effectiveness, I've heard only good things. Currently, I keep my stereo volume on the low-ish side to keep my mic from picking up the stereo sounds while voice chatting - but I wonder if the headset is worth it for the sake of full immersion (high volume and better voice chat).

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    When things are serious I plug in my Beats and use the built in mic on those. I tend to have volume on the louder side, so headphones when teamed up is the way to go.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I got this set off Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HKCKA0G?cache=9ff11c2337542291bd639c76851a18df&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1409497571&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

For 25 bucks they're great. Bonus for you is they're not wireless.

Oh sweet! so these are plugins and are stereo?

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I use these amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Gaming-Headset-Technology/dp/B00CQ35C1Q

I don't pretend to know anything about sound quality but they are insanely comfortable and have both analog jacks and an adapter for USB.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Jumped on the $80 Gold headset deal. Have to have full immersion and solid voice quality - the pack-in mic really fares pretty well, but I wanted a dedicated wireless device, especially since one of my couch positions is just towards the edge of the controller range and it has made my mic cut out a few times in the past. We're so close to release!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
This discussion has been closed.