Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread bleh, use new thread.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    You know what Yoshi P learned the most from WoW, and what keeps me happy every time there's a patch? Small, quick to implement, QoL shit matters. Things like being able to save the appearance of an existing character. People have asked for that for a while, and now in what amounts to a minor patch, oh look, small QoL tweak that probably took a couple of hours to implement and test, and everyone gets a warm smiley.

Paying attention to that level of quality of life detail is what made WoW so insanely popular for 10 years (and counting), and it's the most important lesson I think Yoshi P brought to the FF14 team.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Guys!

The Slime hat jiggles!

<3

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Moooooooove.
    UG1q52l.jpg

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Dragoons assemble!

OjJDtrE.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I was pleasantly surprised that the DRG's alternate pose is Kain's FFIV pose.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey uh, you got a little head on your shoulder

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    nooo, my fashion show outfit is revealed...

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Holy Pearl balls!

I think this patch fixed my Main Menu! I can see the leftmost and rightmost sides now! No longer must I select my "rachter" options, or fix my "Hud Lay"!

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    vXdiBc3.jpg

Daystar Robe and Thyrus Zenith get.

Also my very first atma ever, the Maiden one from Central Shroud. Finally.
    It's about bloody time.

488W936.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    For fuck's sake now I have a dozen Lalafels humping my leg with /hug and /slapping my ass.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    soylenth wrote: »
    So if ST is blinding, that's 250 runs of ST. And here I am at 17 of 75 alexandrites ...

And here I am at 3 of 12 atmas...

But I did get my Evenstar (unweathered!) Robe tonight AND MY TURN 5 CLEAR :D:D:D

edit - we got a couple powerhouse players to join Learning Hour. We crushed through Garuda EX and almost cleared Titan EX tonight. I'll start organizing more runs, so please make sure to keep your info on the spreadsheet up to date!

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hit CNJ 28 tonight. 6 levels to go for Stoneskin...

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    The hell, another blue cat girl.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    @Yukira‌ *pours red over you* There we go, you are unique again!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So if ST is blinding, that's 250 runs of ST. And here I am at 17 of 75 alexandrites ...

We were spam running Turn 4 at 3 1/2 to 4 minutes each clear which netted a Bright Light everytime for 15 attempts. Bright is somewhere between 5 - 7 points each. Much much faster than ST. Alex map parties are good too at a Gentle each time.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Phone won't let me edit, but according to Reddit now, Gentle is 2 and Bright is 4.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2014
    Having slept on the whole housing thing, the main concern I have is whether any property will be available by the time I reach 50. I am not worried about prices, those will drop sufficiently in a month, never mind the 6 plus months I am looking at as a time table. They need to do something to insure there are sufficient lots. Just adding 3 Wards and then doubling that number isn't going to cut it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Yukira‌ *pours red over you* There we go, you are unique again!

Red is a terrible catgirl color.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Just throwing it out there:

S Rank Hunts give no light on the relic weapon, Garlok spawned a few minutes ago.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You know what Yoshi P learned the most from WoW, and what keeps me happy every time there's a patch? Small, quick to implement, QoL shit matters. Things like being able to save the appearance of an existing character. People have asked for that for a while, and now in what amounts to a minor patch, oh look, small QoL tweak that probably took a couple of hours to implement and test, and everyone gets a warm smiley.

Paying attention to that level of quality of life detail is what made WoW so insanely popular for 10 years (and counting), and it's the most important lesson I think Yoshi P brought to the FF14 team.

Unfortunately the presence of add-ons have made them a bit slack in the area of stock UI improvements. Dear god, I dreaded patch days because my heavily modified UI could fall apart with minor patches let alone huge honking expansion grade overhauls. Yeah yeah, add-ons are not supported and no responsibility will be taken if they make changes which breaks add-ons but if the default UI wasn't so god damn terrible and full of space wasting chrome and filler art and so immobile, I wouldn't need a few dozen add-ons just to change the look and layout. I don't need to know that in-party rogue's energy bar, or the warrior's rage, or the hunter's focus, or the mage's mana. Heck, I don't need to worry about anyone's mana bar except my own because what the hell and I supposed to do with that information?! In BC era you could possibly make use of that information if you were a feral druid, but if a resto druid gave a priest, shammy or paladin an innervate instead of keeping it for themselves, something is wrong.

There are a few things in the FFXIV UI I wish were changed, such as having a numeric indicator on ability CDs and/or a cooldown timer bar, but for the most part everything is clean and tells you what you need to know and that's it. You don't see people's TP because you can't affect that even if you wanted to. MP is questionable in a way, but the alliance groups shows you the bare minimum information that allows you to be effective. Class, HP percentage in a visual manner, presence of debuffs, that's it. No MP bar, no other resource, no buffs, not even their name because rather frankly, that's not important.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Having slept on the whole housing thing, the main concern I have is whether any property will be available by the time I reach 50. I am not worried about prices, those will drop sufficiently in a month, never mind the 6 plus months I am looking at as a time table. They need to do something to insure there are sufficient lots. Just adding 3 Wards and then doubling that number isn't going to cut it.

Is there a reason you want a personal house instead of a room in the FC house, considering it has stables, a garden, etc? I've been thinking about why I'd ever want a house (especially if they allow potted plants / garden plots in rooms one day) and I cant think of a reason to spend the 4+++ mil instead of the 300k. Thoughts?

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

And here I am at 3 of 12 atmas...

But I did get my Evenstar (unweathered!) Robe tonight AND MY TURN 5 CLEAR :D:D:disappointed_relieved:

edit - we got a couple powerhouse players to join Learning Hour. We crushed through Garuda EX and almost cleared Titan EX tonight. I'll start organizing more runs, so please make sure to keep your info on the spreadsheet up to date!

Gabineaux was awesome last night. We need more players with that kinda up-beat attitude during LH runs.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know who Gabineaux is, but he is the chillest and most badass tank in Eorzea. He sent me a whisper out of nowhere like "I have a group ready. Let's get you that T5 clear!" and then it happened. Where did this guy come from?!

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2014

Is there a reason you want a personal house instead of a room in the FC house, considering it has stables, a garden, etc? I've been thinking about why I'd ever want a house (especially if they allow potted plants / garden plots in rooms one day) and I cant think of a reason to spend the 4+++ mil instead of the 300k. Thoughts?

Because if I leave the free company I lose the room. It's not mine, it is the free company's and I get to use it. (From one point of view.) The garden isn't mine. The yard isn't mine. The house isn't mine.

And while I have no objections to sharing, I would really like a space that does not require anyone else's approval or input.

Edit: and provided they put in enough wards, the price won't stay 4 mil.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't know who Gabineaux is, but he is the chillest and most badass tank in Eorzea. He sent me a whisper out of nowhere like "I have a group ready. Let's get you that T5 clear!" and then it happened. Where did this guy come from?!

Wooly was great too. Finally got that Garuda EX kill, attempting Titan EX last night was fun, learning together, seeing him drop down to 50% while we were too.

I'd do last night all over again~

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options

Gaby has an alt in thr fc.

• Options
    Damn it.

I was so optimistic that this step of the relic seemed to have diminishing returns on doing the same thing over and over, to encourage variety....

But it's already devolved into "hey let's do 500 2min Garuda HM runs!"

• Options
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Damn it.

I was so optimistic that this step of the relic seemed to have diminishing returns on doing the same thing over and over, to encourage variety....

:neutral_face:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »

Wooly was great too. Finally got that Garuda EX kill, attempting Titan EX last night was fun, learning together, seeing him drop down to 50% while we were too.

I'd do last night all over again~

Agreed. It's also really nice to see really high skilled players. This game does a great job of making fights more than just gear checks. Guys like Gaby and Wooly remind me that I have a lot to work on as a player besides gearing up. I really hit my stride as a BLM in Garuda EX last night too; it was great to finally nail my rotations and be able to move freely between casts with Aetherial Manipulation, Mana Wall/Ward, and Swiftcast. I didn't get hit by a single Vortex in Garuda as I moved through them, and was casting between every dodge in Titan. That's what Learning Hour is all about. ^_^

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Damn it.

That's... kind of hilarious.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Damn it.

Still a better love story than "lets do 2000 Fates!" =)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Damn it.

Still a better love story than "lets do 2000 Fates!" =)

Oh absolutely.

But for anyone that wants to simulate how shitty the "bad luck" folks fared on the Atma step, they can just do the 2000 fates for the lights!

Idk. I did countless Brayflox speed runs for "no reason" back in the beginning, to help out the lucky folks that did get all their Atma quickly. At least this round when I'm being pressured into doing repetitive, unfun things I'm getting something out of it.

• Options
    I've been chatting with some of my buddies and while we all super want our nexus weapons we are all of the same mind that we don't need them tomorrow. That being said we will probably be scheduling some of the grind pain once or twice a week. That and helping people get their weekly sand is good too. Though last night i did a second ST as a Scholar because sometimes a man's just gotta heal something!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »
    I've been chatting with some of my buddies and while we all super want our nexus weapons we are all of the same mind that we don't need them tomorrow. That being said we will probably be scheduling some of the grind pain once or twice a week. That and helping people get their weekly sand is good too. Though last night i did a second ST as a Scholar because sometimes a man's just gotta heal something!

My friends and I are doing the same thing. We all happen to have 3 atma but they're almost all different. We are grinding at our own pace and will wait for everyone to finish so we can do Animus / Novus / Nexus together. I might just suck it up, grab coffee after work every day, and grind atmas until I get them. The random-luck grind is my only real "gripe" with the game so far. I understand long, tough challenges with lots of hoops... but relying on RNG makes it feel like Diablo. I guess you gotta mix things up sometimes, but still.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm still on my first animus book... Maybe I should get on that

• Options
    Anyone still doing SB parties? I get a little bored blowing up level 35-40 mobs while trying to get rank 2 and 3 materia for my Novus.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Anyone still doing SB parties? I get a little bored blowing up level 35-40 mobs while trying to get rank 2 and 3 materia for my Novus.

I will be focusing on that fairly soon here and would love a partner. Any particular times you prefer to do it? I also need to focus on getting tier 2 materia for Ninja Novus

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Masha Join Goldfish, Gabi is always looking for SB buddies.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options

I will be focusing on that fairly soon here and would love a partner. Any particular times you prefer to do it? I also need to focus on getting tier 2 materia for Ninja Novus

Like everything I want to do, when I realize I'm short something. I'm usually around in the evening on weekdays and most of the weekend.

Probably after getting my Novus map daily and the daily hunt done which varies on evening to evening.

• Options

Like everything I want to do, when I realize I'm short something. I'm usually around in the evening on weekdays and most of the weekend.

Probably after getting my Novus map daily and the daily hunt done which varies on evening to evening.

Works for me, my group will be doing SCoB tonight but we are typically done around 9pm pst so i'd be down for some SBing tonight after that. I would be available earlier on the other days as well.

delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.