As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Moist, Bare Bones [Webcomic] Thread

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    That is so lazy that I honestly have trouble believing that someone would do it. Do you not have a trash can in the kitchen?

sig.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    That is so lazy that I honestly have trouble believing that someone would do it. Do you not have a trash can in the kitchen?

this milk smells bad

oh god it expired like three months ago!

I'll put it back in the fridge and drink some coke instead

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular

But to get to the garbage I would need to move in a direction that would be away from where I want to take my ice cream.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Guilty when it comes to food items. I do have a trash can but if it's not trash day then I'm not gonna put something that'll stink up the place in the trash can.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Lol if you've never been completely daunted by the prospect of completing an extremely minor task, the act of merely contemplating it too much to bear, the weight of it so great that you simply shrug it off your shoulders and put it from your mind

Hobnail on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Oh yah, left overs that have been in the fridge so long that it is no longer edible will sometimes stay there a very long time because I don't feel like rinsing the container out and running the garbage disposal.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

this milk smells bad

oh god it expired like three months ago!

I'll put it back in the fridge and drink some coke instead

Smelly trash is different, though! If I throw out that expired milk, it would be necessary to take out the trash immediately! That's a whole extra step that involves two flights of stairs in my case.

However I am also guilty of leaving an empty box in the freezer (I just didn't know it was empty until the next time I tried to grab whatever thing was in it)

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Has this been posted yet? Sorry if it already has.

JemaMi1.png

Vattu

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Vattu: wherein evan dahm foreshadows the shit out of something

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    EDIT: wrong thrrrrread

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    IVE0026.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »

Wow, between this and her opinions on the last page, this princess comes off as a real jackass.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Advocate wrote: »

Wow, between this and her opinions on the last page, this princess comes off as a real jackass.

Well she wanted PONIES !

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    79m3Ire.jpg

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    DffzQwh.jpg

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    uh huh

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    It's what I always wished Colossus would do to Sebastian Shaw. Just grab him by the ponytail and throw him towards the ocean. Sure he'll absorb a crapload of energy when he hits, but he'll have to burn it all off just to get back to the fight.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Does that Sagat guy ever close his mouth?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Does that Sagat guy ever close his mouth?

No, but he politely asks you to look away while he eats or drinks.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That comic feels like it is two panels away from terrifying sexual ultraviolence at all times

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    New Dawngate Chronicles:

Hzpo05X.jpg

Oh snap new otterkin shaper.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That comic feels like it is two panels away from terrifying sexual ultraviolence at all times

Can't disagree with the sexual bit but this entire arc is pretty much a team of superheroes versus a small army of supervillains. Ultraviolence is pretty much guaranteed when people with powers go at it in a semi-realistic setting. At least until the ones with more subtle powers show up.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    New Dawngate Chronicles:

Hzpo05X.jpg

Added details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxED1X7lRM&list=UU-KcAJi3xNcYN5s5yDO4Hng

Ottrekin are so far entirely hard asses.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    That comic is what happens when someone who really likes talking about what makes it possible for Wolverine to swim makes a comic

edit: Grrlpower that is.

I mean to elaborate: I think there have been a total of maybe 4 lines of dialogue in the entire piece that are not related to someone describing

A.) Their very specific and very interesting superpower
    B.) How their superpower doesn't work like that *smirk* because this is a bit more... realistic than all that silliness

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    New Dawngate Chronicles:

Hzpo05X.jpg

Added details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxED1X7lRM&list=UU-KcAJi3xNcYN5s5yDO4Hng

Ottrekin are so far entirely hard asses.

I love his passive, too. True Sight wards that can see over walls and into bushes? Hell yes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    That comic is what happens when someone who really likes talking about what makes it possible for Wolverine to swim makes a comic

edit: Grrlpower that is.

I mean to elaborate: I think there have been a total of maybe 4 lines of dialogue in the entire piece that are not related to someone describing

A.) Their very specific and very interesting superpower
    B.) How their superpower doesn't work like that *smirk* because this is a bit more... realistic than all that silliness

That's about the reason I keep up with it. I love seeing the various powers and how they work in the setting of a particular universe. Also the creator is well aware of it, considering this particular comic http://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/664

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the way it's written and drawn feels kind of insufferably smug.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I've never read anything but that current panel, but if hair pulling is that superhero's one weakness wouldn't she have, I dunno, got her hair cut short a long time ago? With her muscle mass I'm having a hard time believing this is her first time in a fight, ever, but I guess it's possible.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I've never read anything but that current panel, but if hair pulling is that superhero's one weakness wouldn't she have, I dunno, got her hair cut short a long time ago? With her muscle mass I'm having a hard time believing this is her first time in a fight, ever, but I guess it's possible.

The author's notes for the page actually talk about that. The character is like 7 feet tall and insecure about her looks, so she wears her hair long to feel more feminine. She'll wear it up if she knows she's heading into a fight, but this scene happened when the hero-group got ambushed at a post-press-conference dinner.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I don't even get to the dialog with grrlpower because the art is so off-putting

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    tumblr_nc08yznQe71s2pegxo1_500.jpg
    I’m exposing Chaos’ addiction. My cat is a faucet-water junkie.
    Megan Nicole Dong http://sketchshark.tumblr.com/post/97660590683

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

What? Having breasts larger than her head doesn't do it for you?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

The author's notes for the page actually talk about that. The character is like 7 feet tall and insecure about her looks, so she wears her hair long to feel more feminine. She'll wear it up if she knows she's heading into a fight, but this scene happened when the hero-group got ambushed at a post-press-conference dinner.

Ok so the most cliché thing ever then. Cool.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    BREAKING-CAT-NEWS-54.png

Breaking Cat News covers all the most emotional topics.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    tumblr_ncoecyhmAZ1qe9g4mo1_500.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

What? Having breasts larger than her head doesn't do it for you?

is her super power gravity immunity? or are those things made of plaster and just hook on

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I need the courgae and no.... panels edited out for reaction images stat

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Porker Futures

2014-09-29-Porker-Futures.jpg
    I would try and do something to punish you, but the only guy I can really stick it to is future Ronnie, and I'm already on thin ice with that guy after the ice cream thing.

the panel layout/joke was really clever
    yeah I probably laughed longer that I should've when I saw it

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    chunky swoletits mcgee and some hypermuscular grinning man certainly are talking

and, as though the screen were made of teflon, my eyes irresistably slide away and my finger twitches the mouse scroll ever downward

This discussion has been closed.