As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    For those on the xbone that want to do xbox record that but don't have a kinect, the new update lets you double tap the home button and then press x for the same functionality!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Void doesn't seem a very "light" power to be channeling.

Purple is always evil.

That's basically agreed to in the lore. Talks about how the Voidwalkers are the ones most messing with bad stuff, and they hope to control it for good. Quite a bit of the lore is about that one Voidwalker gone evil.

Sunsinger4life.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    MIDA Multitool or Invective. Which one should I focus on upgrading first? Anyone with experience on both can tell me which they both worth upgrading or not?

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    I really love my Invective. It's good in pvp, and it's a great "oh shit" weapon in pve." Most things die to a full trigger pull from it, so it fits my playstyle. I try not to get in all that close, but when it happens Invective can save me.

• Options
    Plenty of time heroes use dark things for good. Not to mention humanity is fighting for survival, anything is fair game. How many guardian weapons do we have that should be destroyed? Like at least 3?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Invective is really only useful in crucible but will obliterate anyone close up. MIDA should be useful in both, haven't really tested out the scout rifle buff enough to know. (Stupid thorn bounty only 200 more points to not being useless in crucible)

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Invective is really only useful in crucible but will obliterate anyone close up. MIDA should be useful in both, haven't really tested out the scout rifle buff enough to know. (Stupid thorn bounty only 200 more points to not being useless in crucible)

MIDA is ok in Crucible. It's pretty useless in confined spaces, but dominates in some of the larger more open maps post patch. If you're going to use it, best to back it up with a shotgun with quick-draw in your special slot just in case.

Edit: Just realised we're also debating PvE. In which case MIDA all the way. I love my MIDA Multi-tool, it is pure death given scout rifle form in PVE.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Looking at the list, there's a good 9 people who can raid tonight on the xbone. Who's up for it?

I don't think Team Motorboat Cat can all make it tonight, so I can do anytime between 6pm and midnight eastern.

I'm available before 11pm EST, but my Hunter's raid-group starts attempting Hard Mode VoG tonight at that time.

Edit: Sunday @ 1pm EST is my Warlock's raid-group, so I'm unavailable then, as well.

..am I a raid-slut? O_o
    Nah, you're just into open raid-lationships.

Speaking of raids...

@Hiryu02‌ @Evil Monkey@shoeboxjeddy‌, does 9PM EST tonight work for everyone?

@Visskar‌ @Nocren‌ and @Crippl3‌ please stay tuned, as the second raid is TBD. @PotatoNinja‌ is also welcome, if you haven't already got a raid lined up this week. My Warlock is 26 so I may beg to bring her for the first half at least, if only to dilute the concentration of Titans.

Last I saw, @Jay Bizzle‌ was 25. Are you closing in on 26+? If you're stalling let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.

Everyone raids, no one sits.

Yeah I'm ready. What's the average time of a practiced group like?

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    @JusticeforPluto @Squall99x @stragint @Darkyth @Igpx407

PA Alt Stars tonight. 7 central, 5 west and 8 east. If anyone has time issues let me know and we'll see if we can work around it.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Eh invective is great for solar burn, and when shit gets up in your face in normal. I mean icebreaker will be the go to unique secondary for just about all situations but until xur was selling icebreaker not everyone even had it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Another great thing about the Invective in the crucible is that you don't have to worry about picking up any special ammo boxes. Small thing, but that's totally burned me when running around with other specials in the crucible. It's nice in PVE as well, but I'm typically more aware of my ammo situation there.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Looking at the list, there's a good 9 people who can raid tonight on the xbone. Who's up for it?

I don't think Team Motorboat Cat can all make it tonight, so I can do anytime between 6pm and midnight eastern.

I'm available before 11pm EST, but my Hunter's raid-group starts attempting Hard Mode VoG tonight at that time.

Edit: Sunday @ 1pm EST is my Warlock's raid-group, so I'm unavailable then, as well.

..am I a raid-slut? O_o

Speaking of raids...

@Visskar‌ @Nocren‌ and @Crippl3‌ please stay tuned, as the second raid is TBD. @PotatoNinja‌ is also welcome, if you haven't already got a raid lined up this week. My Warlock is 26 so I may beg to bring her for the first half at least, if only to dilute the concentration of Titans.

Last I saw, @Jay Bizzle‌ was 25. Are you closing in on 26+? If you're stalling let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.

Team Titan did it in an hour and 33 seconds last night. Was our fourth time running it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    You know what's pretty amazing? Knocking out a bunch of bounties on your Vita being snug as a bug in bed. Took me awhile to figure out how to sprint, but other than that, it's pretty intuitive.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

..am I a raid-slut? O_o

Speaking of raids...

Our last record is 80 minutes, and that includes messing around time.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I'm excited for Team 4th Meal running tonight. Still trying to decide which primary I go in with. Leaning scout rifle.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I'm up for the Raid, if anyone needs a level 29 tonight.

• Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    Team Motorboat Kitten: @Arteen‌ @jefe414‌ @erevar @arteens sister @skippymchaggis‌

i can try to do some raid tonight. what time are we thinking? 8pm EST would work for me.

got my hunter to 28.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Oh can Team Short Bus get a special name too?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Man, you guys are making me want to raid. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Team Motorboat Kitten: @Arteen‌ @jefe414‌ @erevar @arteens sister @skippymchaggis‌

i can try to do some raid tonight. what time are we thinking? 8pm EST would work for me.

got my hunter to 28.

Looks like Erevar has a prior engagement but I can make 8PM. As I mentioned above, I might be able to bring another to fill in the gap. If we can get past the Templar tonight, I'd be more than happy with that progress.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    What're thoughts on Plan C now? I wanted it for pvp specifically, and I don't think the nerf would've changed what I wanted it for. I want it as an offhand to switch to when I realize someone is closer than I intended for my Shadow Price that has lethality at a greater range than Invectus.

Not for getting the drop on me, but reacting when other people are on the other side of the wall and I wasn't expecting them.

• Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    Man, you guys are making me want to raid. :P

It's a blast, although as a Striker Titan I feel unaccomplished because I haven't punched Aetheon yet, I've punched every boss in the game except him (even killed a couple lol)

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I just don't like how touchy the sticks are on the Vita compared to the DS4. Aside from adjusting the sensitivity in Destiny, I don't think you can adjust the sensitivity of the sticks on the Vita. Also, why can't I use my DS4 to play while I'm viewing on my Vita?! I would LOVE to have it as a second screen sitting on my couch while using the DS4. That would be the best.

Oh, and for the record? This week's Nightfall was far easier than the Heroic. Even if I did fuck it up for the team and we wiped on Sepiks! :)

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I don't have a 3rd raid set in stone for my Warlock (28) I am free to get some PS4 raiding on if it starts at a reasonable hour tonight, or tomorrow.

Edit* Which reminds me I need to fill out the Raidfinder. derp.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    The weekly wasn't too hard, though I did eat it once again on wave 2 because I just can't help playing with fire and trying to combine bounties and arc blade ran out at the worst time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I just don't like how touchy the sticks are on the Vita compared to the DS4. Aside from adjusting the sensitivity in Destiny, I don't think you can adjust the sensitivity of the sticks on the Vita. Also, why can't I use my DS4 to play while I'm viewing on my Vita?! I would LOVE to have it as a second screen sitting on my couch while using the DS4. That would be the best.

Oh, and for the record? This week's Nightfall was far easier than the Heroic. Even if I did fuck it up for the team and we wiped on Sepiks! :)

Ugh, we were struggling last night with the weekly, had to drop it to 26 to get through. Though yeah, voidburn on the nightfall would probably make it easier.

• Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

PA Alt Stars tonight. 7 central, 5 west and 8 east. If anyone has time issues let me know and we'll see if we can work around it.

Should work for me, or an hour later like is what usually happens.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »

Ugh, we were struggling last night with the weekly, had to drop it to 26 to get through. Though yeah, voidburn on the nightfall would probably make it easier.

I did the nightfall and weekly both last night. The Nightfall was straight up easier, since you had to play hyper conservative on both but had double damage output on the Nightfall at least.

• Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular

It's all good Fawst we managed to get it done and had fun doin it right =D

Btw this is Magnus

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

I won't be able to make it tonight.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Oh can Team Short Bus get a special name too?

99p Store Action Figures.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »

got my hunter to 28.

Looks like Erevar has a prior engagement but I can make 8PM. As I mentioned above, I might be able to bring another to fill in the gap. If we can get past the Templar tonight, I'd be more than happy with that progress.

I can do 8pm no problem.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Jay BizzleJay Bizzle Registered User regular

..am I a raid-slut? O_o

Speaking of raids...

Just hit 26 thanks to a couple of the lads last night. Monkey and Nocren, you guys were great! Moving on up in the world! Learning lots, with lots more to learn. If you need me for a raid, I can try to fill a spot for you. You'll have to forgive my noobishness in advance ;)

Xbox Live: Prawesome Dad
    Battle.net: CinnamonJ#1629
  • Options
    FalvesFalves Registered User regular
    Anyone knows if the game is region locked in the background, could I raid with peeps in the US being in Europe, and if I could would the lag be manageable on a decent connection?

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

No worries. Well, we've got a sixth slot for ps4 if anyone wants to push their alt through or just need a raid spot. We're A+ folks with super awesome shooty shoot skills.

@sousuke nows your chance, get in on this hot action.

• Options
    Falves wrote: »
    Anyone knows if the game is region locked in the background, could I raid with peeps in the US being in Europe, and if I could would the lag be manageable on a decent connection?

I know in theory I could play with British David and I believe like his name implies he's in jolly old england cheerio pip pip. But I can't recall if he's got an ameribox or something else.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KatothKatoth Registered User regular
    Hey @Crayon, @Darkyth said that you had a opening for tonight, would I be able jump in with my lvl 27 hunter?

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    JusticeforPluto Squall99x stragint Darkyth Igpx407

No worries. Well, we've got a sixth slot for ps4 if anyone wants to push their alt through or just need a raid spot. We're A+ folks with super awesome shooty shoot skills.

sousuke nows your chance, get in on this hot action.

I'd be down on my hunter alt if you need someone -- 27 currently and I might have the shards banked up for 28.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular

If you guys want someon else, I've been hoping to get into a raid since a while and never seems to get invite despite filling in the form. I'm lvl 28.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular

I can attest to the awesome shooty shoot skills. Gorgon navigation is however sub par. :-)

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group