As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Fate Series]: Unlimited Blade Works TV Series Now Playing! Heaven's Feel Film After!

1235»

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I noticed, and loved, that callback as well.

Though one thing I was confused about.
    Can't a Master still have a Servant once they use up their Command Seals? Pretty sure the only thing would change is that they don't have their "get out of death free" cards

Also I really hated the ending to this episode, since I have to wait a whole week for
    Ba-sa-kah!

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular

Can't a Master still have a Servant once they use up their Command Seals? Pretty sure the only thing would change is that they don't have their "get out of death free" cards

Ridiculous spoiler level, I don't think this was ever mentioned in F/SN:
    The true purpose of the Command Seal is to force your Servant to commit suicide after the other six are defeated in order to reach Akasha. So if you lose your last one, that's no longer in the cards.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »

Ridiculous spoiler level, I don't think this was ever mentioned in F/SN:
    The true purpose of the Command Seal is to force your Servant to commit suicide after the other six are defeated in order to reach Akasha. So if you lose your last one, that's no longer in the cards.

It's mentioned in /Zero (the Novel and the Anime both) and I belive in Heaven's Feel but I'm not 100% sure.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    This dead end in the VN really freaked me out(UBW spoiler) :
    n9AU3fY.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Embeded double spoilers don't work.

• Options
    Also, Sparks Liner High is the best "bad" ending and deserves to be animated.
    Shirou vs Saber Alter 1v1 fight. So good.

The ending ends before we find out if Rin or Sakura win their fight so it has the possibility of being either a high-sacrifice bittersweet ending or a bad ending.

In a perfect world, both Mind of Steel and Illya would get full route Heaven's Feel departure branches.

• Options
    Hoooooooooooly Shiiiiiiit this episode.

This is what I've wanted to see since the Visual Novel; the text did a good job of describing the insanely violent battles with Berserker, but seeing it in action was just many times more thrilling. I continue to be shocked by the budget of this series, and it only makes me anticipate the future battles more.

Favorite moment, however, had to be when
    Rin got Shirou into an arm-lock.

Goddamn, Rin. <3

Also, the part where
    Saber lowered her head upon hearing Illya's full name may have been an intentional Fate/Zero nod.

I hope at a later point they further spell out Saber's regret in being unable to protect Irisviel.

• Options
    The nice thing about the Natsuverse is that most mages/wizards are also prime physical combatants and martial artists. as that applies to /stay night, Sirou is excellent with a bow and Rin is a multi-level black-belt in Kung-Fu.

As for the last ep, it's annoyingnthe crap out of me that Crunchyroll is dilibertly mistranslating Illiya's lines. She refers to Shirou as nothing other than "brother" this entire episode but they had to change it to generic 'that man' style speech. She's saying Brother on purpose damnit. Stop rewriting the fucking script.

As for the episode itself, I really enjoyed the focus on the Rin/Illya fight. The shownisnrightfully giving her an expanded role and going full dual-protagonists, which works better for the UBS roue.

And i kinda feel bad for the Fate-route fans, as they wioo never have an adaption of this, quality.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    As for the last ep, it's annoyingnthe crap out of me that Crunchyroll is dilibertly mistranslating Illiya's lines. She refers to Shirou as nothing other than "brother" this entire episode but they had to change it to generic 'that man' style speech. She's saying Brother on purpose damnit. Stop rewriting the fucking script.

I thought that's kind of a general issue with translating the nuances of お兄ちゃん and avoiding any potential spoilers.

Tenek on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

I thought that's kind of a general issue with translating the nuances of お兄ちゃん and avoiding any potential spoilers.

True.
    kids don't generally call older kids "brother" or "sister" in english as a general term.

Mister is actually a pretty good translation in this case, since that's the closest actual equivilent.

In fact, the only reason why her calling him "brother" would be important is because he is, quite literally, her adopted brother(thanks to Fate/Zero).

So I think of it as less a mistranslation, and more of, "that's what they had to actually go with". Anyone who actually pays attention and watches enough animoos can tell that it's Onii-San, and be heartbroken anyway.

Also, other thoughts.
    They are SURE milking the Fate/Zero references and I am LOVING every second of it. I'm guessing the animators and storyboard artists are loving it to, now that you have an established, definitive past you can reference for ALL sorts of fantastic easter eggs in less then a second.

Illiya's tragic use of "Onii-san" on multiple levels, Saber's "Oh NOOO" look when Illiya introduces herself by her full name.

They are going ALL OUT to make it absolutly clear that UBW is basically the "preferred" canon storyline for Fate/Stay Night(even though all the other's basically end with the same result, Rin and Shiro become fuckin SUPERHERO'S, making them all canon)

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There is no canon storyline for /stay night. No matter the route, you never get a fully happy ending nor can you save everyone. In every single route differnt allies suffer and die through horrible and terrible means.

Which is exactly Kiritsugu's lesson to Shirou. Every life saved is another not saved.

The VN is explicitly not avoiding spoilers there. Shirou doesn't know (and considers it a figure of speech), but Illya and Saber do.

She doesn't call anyone else Brother, just Shirou.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Crunchyroll are typically bad at translating nuances like that. Also, I was kind of bored by this episode. Only part I enjoyed was Gilgamesh and Kirei.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    There is no canon storyline for /stay night.
    No matter the route, you never get a fully happy ending nor can you save everyone. In every single route differnt allies suffer and die through horrible and terrible means.

Nuh uh. Taiga is eternal, and...
    Kirei dies, guaranteed.
    The VN is explicitly not avoiding spoilers there. Shirou doesn't know (and considers it a figure of speech), but Illya and Saber do.

She doesn't call anyone else Brother, just Shirou.

It would be odd if she called him 'brother' in the translation, though. Doesn't really make sense in English except literally, which is a bit spoilerish. Although I'm not sure how much of this stuff is only apparent once you've got the big picture anyways.

• Options
    Fate/UBW Season 2 has begun.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Unlimited Blade Works 13

8H0D5QZ.jpg
    "So, did you make sure he was dead?"

Heh. Perfect adaptation, they're getting through the fat of the VN at a much-needed pace. I'd much rather watch this repeatedly than ever endure the sloooooow Unlimited Cooking Works version again.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Now's the time to get back on watching it. It's going down for real.
    uGL188J.jpg

More backstory on Caster's original
    suicidal
    master, the Association, Kotomine...

vAl3lSv.jpg

And then Gilgamesh lays down the law. Finally on some Zero-tier action. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It's been a terrific adaption with some of the highest production values I've seen in some time.

They might be overdoing it with the adorable Rin fanservice, but then again Rin is best girl, so...

The next episode should especially get some reactions out of anyone not familiar with the original story.
    Especially anyone who were fans of Prisma Illya.

• Options
    Why is this thread so quiet after the most hype episode in the series?

005444mls9n.png

It was perfect. Gil got...
    G78dyKh.jpg
    disarmed.

wVEsyIc.png