Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Kirbith wrote: »
    Grove wrote: »
    I loved my candies from last year. Still have a few floating around.

For my santa-- I have zero dietary restrictions because I AM A REAL AMERICAN!

Just foolin' about. But no, I have zero restrictions.

My husband thepain73 was your Santa last year - glad you liked the candies we picked out!

As a side note I was looking at the gift get post you made last year and your cat looks very similar to our cat Tetra. :3

So you were responsible!!!

I've been trying to find those japanese soda candies you got me. I'm addicted to those! Is there a store you know of I can order from?

I live in L.A. so I figured I could find them, but everytime I do, they're a limited selection. Yours was vastly superior!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Santee, I smell your dreams and I will poop presents into them

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular

My husband thepain73 was your Santa last year - glad you liked the candies we picked out!

As a side note I was looking at the gift get post you made last year and your cat looks very similar to our cat Tetra. :3

I've been trying to find those japanese soda candies you got me. I'm addicted to those! Is there a store you know of I can order from?

I live in L.A. so I figured I could find them, but everytime I do, they're a limited selection. Yours was vastly superior!

I'm not sure if there's anywhere to get them online as we got them from a local Japanese grocery store, sorry! They really do have an excellent candy selection there.

Do you happen to remember the brand/name of the candy? I think we were going to be there later this week so I can look myself if you don't remember.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    @grove

I'm so glad you liked that candy.

Always makes me feel good when people like new things I turn them on to.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I'm not sure if there's anywhere to get them online as we got them from a local Japanese grocery store, sorry! They really do have an excellent candy selection there.

Do you happen to remember the brand/name of the candy? I think we were going to be there later this week so I can look myself if you don't remember.

It's this brand http://www.amazon.com/Lion-8-flavor-Japanese-Import-JI-ICIC/dp/B004SUESLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415062451&sr=8-1&keywords=japanese+soda+candy

But with like 3x the selection!

To be fair, there's like a billion Japanese type stores here so it's only a matter of time.

But seriously, thank you guys again. It was amazing.

edit:

I must confess I've ordered thaose candies..a couple times :P

Grove on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    @grove

I'm so glad you liked that candy.

Always makes me feel good when people like new things I turn them on to.

I loved the other candy as well. But those are easy to find...and I buy them and other japanese candies frequently. They've replaced my normal American candies in my candy drawer...except for Almond Joys....I love almond joys.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Got my first gift of the season! Some book series on my kindle. Which is super. Books are the greatest. I just spent about 30 minutes reading it and so far its pretty keen!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @UnbreakableVow‌ I feel like this is the only real option I can give you for a holiday avatar
    9FwuCMP.jpg?1

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I can't

Believe

I didn't think of that

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. Santa, I have no issue with booze/spirits/what have you, but if it's at all a hassle (like you don't live near me and can just walk it over) then don't worry about trying to ship it or whatever. It's not that big a deal. Not worth the hassle of dealing with bureaucracy and bubble wrap.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Hey hey hey hey Santa. So, I recently moved into a new city (Austin), and I'll be moving into an apartment soon. I have basically nothing that one might need in there home, so you can take that into consideration if you'd like. I mean like, not a bed or a lamp or even a shower curtain.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Hey hey hey hey Santa. So, I recently moved into a new city (Austin), and I'll be moving into an apartment soon. I have basically nothing that one might need in there home, so you can take that into consideration if you'd like. I mean like, not a bed or a lamp or even a shower curtain.

Where you at in Austin? I used to live there for a few years before heading out west.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular

Where you at in Austin? I used to live there for a few years before heading out west.

South, near the end of Mopac. I'm planning on moving a bit north, but probably still south of downtown. If you have any apartment suggestions, I'm in the market!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

It's this brand http://www.amazon.com/Lion-8-flavor-Japanese-Import-JI-ICIC/dp/B004SUESLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415062451&sr=8-1&keywords=japanese+soda+candy

To be fair, there's like a billion Japanese type stores here so it's only a matter of time.

edit:

oh hell I remember those from when I was a kid! i haven't had those since we moved back to the states. Japan did candy right.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular

edit:

oh hell I remember those from when I was a kid! i haven't had those since we moved back to the states. Japan did candy right.

My favorite is walking into a 100 yen shop or a Daiso and walking out with an armload of candy for cheap.

You haven't lived until you've had cotton candy with pop-rocks in.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    @Hypatia‌ the table in last year's gift wall seems to be blank when I click the link in the OP. The others seem to be working as intended though.

It doesn't work if I go to last year's thread and try from there either.

Thanks for catching that, it should be fixed now, let me know if it isn't!

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    For my Santa: I didn't give enough good info, so here's a little more:
    Sorry I don't post more. I do tweet quite a bit though. It is a lot of pictures of my cat however. But it's just Kirbith on there as well.

If you want to go the shirt route, I'm a women's M or a men's S. Men's shirts tend to fit a bit better so go that route if you can.

I'm open to pretty much anything. Books are good, games are good, nerdy stuff is good. I will say I have more time to play on my portable systems (3DS/Vita) then I do on PC. Lately I like reading graphic novels & manga more than I do traditional books, it's just easier to find time for them.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    @urahonky has been my santa the last two years in a row, I'm calling it; he's my santa gain! :p

@Big Classy‌ Wouldn't you like to know!?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You've been great the past two times, I wouldn't be upset! <3

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Hey Santa! Here's some more info if you need it.
    GRINCH WOS ERE NO HELP 4 YOU

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Woo! Let the stalking begin! Santee, I won't be shipping my gifts till early december at the earliest..the anticipation is all part of the game.

And Santa, I don't post too much in G and T but I'm active elsewhere in the forums. I'm also easily tracked through social media.

Craft Beer, Board Games, running, climbing, hiking, reading are all activities I enjoy. Though really if you think it's cool, I'll probably like it. After years of doing this I never been dissapointed. You're all awesome people!

Oh, shirt size! Im usually a medium/large depending how they're made to fit, but just er with large to be safe.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You know what Santa? Just send me lots of sleep. This is killing me. Tried everything. Good news is my santee is getting a lot of goodies because of it.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    7rFsr2k.gif

Incredible.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Lets see, google my name and 1 in top 10 is me. Telling about me. No I was not in the 1940 census. My facebook and twitter are only for my twitch streaming.

I was going to ask when to send, but ah, people are all ready sending? Seams to early for me though.

As for booze, I guess my home made infusion just isn't going to ship. To bad. . . I do love my crancin (Cranberry Cinnamon Vodka)

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    So I guess I should make a helpful post in addition to the PM.

I have a Raspberry Pi, but have yet to find something to use it for.
    I need a watch or something that makes it easy to tell time without taking my phone out of my pocket, as I recently destroyed my wristwatch in a tragic slamming hand into kitchen counter incident.
    I need more reading in my life, specifically sci-fi.
    I like nifty trinkets. For example, I can play with bucky cubes for hours.
    I like learning new skills, especially ones that might potentially be useful in a zombie apocalypse.
    Food excites me to no end.

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Lets see, google my name and 1 in top 10 is me. Telling about me. No I was not in the 1940 census. My facebook and twitter are only for my twitch streaming.

I was going to ask when to send, but ah, people are all ready sending? Seams to early for me though.

As for booze, I guess my home made infusion just isn't going to ship. To bad. . . I do love my crancin (Cranberry Cinnamon Vodka)

Is this Crancin recipe just simply equal parts Cranberry Vodka to Cinnamon Vodka? Sounds festive, whatever it may be.

I love relaxing to a Hot Apple Pie bomb. Drop a shot of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey into a glass of your favorite hard Apple Cider / Apple flavored malt beverage.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Isn't Fireball that whiskey that got recalled due to antifreeze?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Yeah, or at least there were reports that it hand antifreeze. I don't know if that was just a fake viral story or not, though.
    It's probably weird that made me wonder more what it tastes like. I only like my alcohol when it's thoroughly mixed with a frozen fruit drink.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Is this Crancin recipe just simply equal parts Cranberry Vodka to Cinnamon Vodka? Sounds festive, whatever it may be.

I love relaxing to a Hot Apple Pie bomb. Drop a shot of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey into a glass of your favorite hard Apple Cider / Apple flavored malt beverage.

Since he said infusion I'd assume it's: 1 bottle of plain vodka, Cinnamon sticks, craisins or fresh cranberries. Combine the 3 things in a jar and stick in a dark place for a while. Strain out the solids. Drink.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    Yeah, or at least there were reports that it hand antifreeze. I don't know if that was just a fake viral story or not, though.
    It's probably weird that made me wonder more what it tastes like. I only like my alcohol when it's thoroughly mixed with a frozen fruit drink.

It tastes like those hot cinnamon hearts.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I really like Fireball Whiskey. I generally snag one or two of the small bottles they sell at the liquor store counter. Goes great with Dr. Pepper.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I'll go ahead and say I am allergic (very slightly but annoyingly) to spicy cinnamon stuff. Not normal cinnamon, just the red hot stuff. I really love it, but it makes my taste buds go numb for a couple of days. I really love the flavor, but I just can't have it.

I do love whisky though, so that's fair!

• Options
    I have enjoyed Jameson before, usually with ginger ale. Is Fireball anything like that? Probably not, cause...Irish Whiskey, right?

If I mix Fireball with soda, am I a Ryckert-ian level heathen?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Picked up something for you, Santee! :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I have enjoyed Jameson before, usually with ginger ale. Is Fireball anything like that? Probably not, cause...Irish Whiskey, right?

If I mix Fireball with soda, am I a Ryckert-ian level heathen?

I just watched a video where Dan Ryckert melts buttered popcorn flavor jelly bellies to put on top his already buttered popcorn.

That dude is fascinating.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Santa, on top of all the other wishlists and hints I have dropped, I am totally ok with booze and unique treats.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    First purchase made. Getting started earlier this year because it's actually pretty easy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Right, time to dig out and edit the narcissism express that is the about me post:
    Shirt Size: M. I don't really wear black T-Shirts these days.
    Consoles Owned: 360, WiiU, 3DS, PC.
    I have a Steam (JamWarrior) and a Gamertag (Jam Warrior UK).
    - All things Nintendo, esp Mario and Zelda and the merchandising associated therewith.
    - Games; As a man with limited time I like story driven concise experiences or short pick up and play (puzzles, roguelikes etc) rather than sprawling epics these days. Also a big fan of the weirder end of the spectrum (Suda 51 etc).
    - Comics (Hellboy and his associated Universe, Yotsuba, Fables).
    - Card games, board games, D&D, getting back into tabletop skirmish miniatures games at the moment (Deadzone).
    - Geocacher (Team Bean UK).
    - Two daughters. 4 and 1 years old. The best handful.
    - Secret Santas past started me on my LEGO rediscovery journey, and now my eldest can share in the fun!
    - Books. I love reading but don't do it enough and would love to read your favourite novel. Dead tree version please.

Not so good ideas:
    - Blu-Rays, as I only have a DVD player.
    - Spirits (just not my thing)
    - Mainline obvious Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario etc) as my family is probably already getting them for me or they're sat on my shelf in shrink wrap waiting for that mythical free time to play them.

But that's all irrelevant because what's really fun about Secret Santa is discovering the new things that you like and want to share. Force your favourite things upon me! I'm ready for it.

You should have my wife's email if you want to check if I already have something or not. Don't worry, she should understand what you're talking about.

And if all else fails I have an Amazon list I try to keep stocked with random stuff I fancy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/3LZ4ZKQ6DKAIN

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Fireball tastes just like the candy. I wouldn't sip it, its for shots that couldnt make anyone gag, and mixing. This is from someone who really can't find enjoyment in whisky.

Oh, it goes amazing in hard cider. 1 shot into a hard cider. or regular cider. or just drink the shot. I'm not your mother.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    More about the Dub: I don't have any "real" kids, but these are my babies! Any manner of Healthy Dog Treat with Salmon or Pumpkin/Sweet Potato will make them sing =)

wnwxahzf5ft4.jpg

steam_sig.png