Options

[Steam]: Use your grappling hooks to protect yourself from insurgents for 5 full nights.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Did Serkis do the mocap for Trip too? Because her eyes made me care more about her, quicker, than pretty much any character in a game I can think of.

And Steam tells me I don't own the PC version of enslaved. I call Steam a dirty damn liar.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    My friend Pat and I have been playing Isaac rebirth for hours doing tag team runs. We've beaten Mom and Mom's heart once each out of like 8 runs. Both times I felt invincible because of my items were close to immaculate. Remotely controlled laser circle is amazing.

Gitdamn, I've beaten Mom's Heart four times now and have yet to find either Brimstone or Ludivico Technique. You're a lucky one.

Edit: Though to be fair, the reroll room gave me techology + inner eye + technology 2, making me fire one laser continuously and three lasers once a second. Which was pretty dang fun.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Jazz wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    T2ClP8n.png

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Soundtrack system requirements.

Anyone still got access to a 3.1 machine so we can verify that? ;)

If my old 486 still works, it doesn't have enough hard drive space even if I wiped it clean, though... ;)

Wouldn't getting Steam to run on 3.1be the real trick

Now you're talking.

Oh man, if only one of us had a working machine that was running Windows 3.1
    wCpg9S2.jpg

This little beauty is a 486DX2 clocked at 75MHz with 20MB of RAM and a 1MB Chips and Technologies GPU. I use her for realmode DOS gaming because why use DOSBox to emulate when I can just run games natively? Obviously the modern version of Steam isn't going to run on Windows 3.1, so I tracked down a beta copy from 2001. Alright fuck it I'm bored let's see what happens:
    Nothing. The screen flashes black and that's it.

Ok, well, maybe Windows 3.1 is a little too old, let's see if I have anything more modern:
    VhGom3X.jpg

Hell yeah, now we're talking. So because I'm here already I figure let's fire up the newest release to see what happens:
    GBTu63L.jpg

fvnIM6F.jpg

Well, that's not surprising. Ok, let's try the beta:
    vytgQah.jpg

H-h-here we go:

AslbpFg.jpg

(WS2_32.dll handles winsock/networking functions in Windows XP in case you were curious)

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Looks like I'll have to throw the drive containing Windows 3.1 back in and call it a loss. Oh wait, wasn't there a reason I had this thing up and running tonight?
    9DUhlx3.jpg

Oh yeah, now I remember.
    QQlo9tK.jpg

Long story short why hasn't anyone done a remake of BioMenace yet?

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay, pink's done, time for my favorite of my avatar set.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    While I was finishing up Far Cry 3 (Backlog = Backlog - 1), @Broncbuster‌ sends me a note and a gift.

BroncbusterProjectZomboid.jpg

Thanks for Project Zomboid!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I had to relearn how to Steam because now my computer has magic from this century and I can video games again. You know what that means?
    acvs7ggwzc2e.png
    Trading cards market!

But video games are neat and killing orcs is fantastic and I finally beat Borderlands 2 and did you know there's a new one and kevin spacey is on the front page that's cool and video games.

I- I missed so much.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    T2ClP8n.png

If my old 486 still works, it doesn't have enough hard drive space even if I wiped it clean, though... ;)

Now you're talking.

Aww, you named her Gabby. I bet Gaben approves! :heartbeat:

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Did Serkis do the mocap for Trip too? Because her eyes made me care more about her, quicker, than pretty much any character in a game I can think of.

And Steam tells me I don't own the PC version of enslaved. I call Steam a dirty damn liar.

Yeah, Trip was good. I don't know if it makes any sense, but maybe Ninja Theory just put more time and effort into the face capture stuff than Activision did with COD:AW? Missing the forest for the trees, and all that good metaphorical stuff?

And how is the PC version of Enslaved? I beat it on PS3 but boy did that thing tear.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Just finished Walking Dead Season Two.

Not as strong as the first series but a powerful ending nonetheless.

Brb. Going to cry for awhile and then find someone to hold me.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    @SmokeStacks‌ I'm impressed. Seriously impressed.

"Oh, you have a NES? How quaint."

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That would explain Smokestacks' love of old VGA like games.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sumanai wrote: »

Aww, you named her Gabby. I bet Gaben approves! :heartbeat:

Actually I got it from this guy and he had already named it Gabby, so I figured it would be rude to change it. It's bad luck to rename a boat, so I figure it might be the same with PCs.
    I actually got four machines, Gabby, another 486/75MHz, and two Pentium 100s, but Gabby is the only one with an internal CD-ROM drive (a blazing 2X) and external volume adjustment as it was originally sold as a "multimedia business machine", and the Pentium 100s don't have soundcards at all. I only needed one, but since they're all in the same model family it means I have a ton of spare parts I can cannibalize if I need to.

The nice thing about DOS games on Steam is that they're usually just the original files and a DOSBox wrapper, so I can just strip the DOSBox files and send the rest to the laptop. It's sort of a pain in the ass to do so, because my desktop doesn't have an optical drive and the laptop predates USB, so I'll generally grab my more modern laptop and burn a CD-ROM or pull the physical hard drive out of the old laptop and use a USB to IDE adapter and transfer the files that way.

I have a PCMCIA ethernet dongle, but in an age of plug and play I really don't feel like dealing with Windows 3.1 networking, and I don't need the sort of vulnerability that comes from such an old OS on my home network anyway.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options

I still have five copies of MURI if anyone wants one.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I still have five copies of MURI if anyone wants one.

Such a fun game

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    SO I just finished work. AS promised, went to the PS4 section and picked up a copy! Only it was super expensive and I said "that is super expensive, fuck that" and then put it back on the shelf and came home. My friend laughing the entire way about how I would have to wait to play it. I get home. PC message. @minor incident‌ has gifted me the game!!!!!!!!!! Literally 20 minutes after I leave the store, I have the game! I rang my friend up to boast about my awesome internet buddies and especially the one who bakes awesome cakes. Thanks minor! <3

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    oh lawdy! @ManetherenWolf‌ sent me a code for Cortex Command, turned my shitty day right around! (work sucked, they changed the other guys contract but not mine so I've been working more than I needed to without the additional holiday benefits)

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    Wait, Kevin Spacey is in new COD? Noice.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Poseidon wrote: »
    Wait, Kevin Spacey is in new COD? Noice.

Aha! I'm not the only one!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @Isorn has struck once again while I was at work, with a further 4 codes, and a humble bundle link. Thats 5 more. On top of 55. The mind boggles. By his count, I should be at 601 games. I'm currently at 596, which means I must have missed some. In any case, I was at ~530 before he decided to do this... mad assault of keys. Since I have no idea how to respond, and giving him things from his wishlist seems to just embolden him, I'm open to suggestions of an appropriate response. I know he has a secret shadow wishlist - would anyone happen to know what's on it?

EDIT: Suggestion was made, and I was totally blind earlier.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    !

Thanks to @Antoshka for Hatoful Boyfriend! Can't wait to start dating some pidgeons :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm up to page 36, but I'm semi checking new pages for responses. Anyone else getting there categories reset? I have mine reset a lot lately. I'm getting tired of this stuff...

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    !!

And @Antoshka just hit me with Baulder's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition! Apparently, once I'm done with pigeons I should move on to hamsters.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    !!!

And now @Antoshka hit me with Baulder's Gate: Enhanced Edition, because apparently I should play 1 before I play 2. Seriously, it's getting too classy in here >.<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Lets be clear, he started it

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @Spoit just sends along 2 little messages. They turn out to be Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and Avernum 4 - 6. So now, 600. 600. Everyone here likes round numbers, right? Cool. No need to go any further with this, then.

Thanks to @Spoit, and @Isorn for the mad rush which I was nowhere even close to even a week ago.

And then he sends Shadow Warrior, which looks cool. How did I miss this? Anyway, unprovoked.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    @Antoshka‌ Banished me for liking round numbers :+1:

EDIT: and he turned around hit me with the AC4 DLC too, for making his 600 not round any more <3

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    oh lawdy! @ManetherenWolf‌ sent me a code for Cortex Command, turned my shitty day right around! (work sucked, they changed the other guys contract but not mine so I've been working more than I needed to without the additional holiday benefits)

I'm so happy that CoD is picking up some steam in this thread. We have to group up!

Also, I just noticed I used "picking up some steam" in the Steam thread.

Dammit...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    T2ClP8n.png

Now you're talking.

wCpg9S2.jpg

This little beauty is a 486DX2 clocked at 75MHz with 20MB of RAM and a 1MB Chips and Technologies GPU. I use her for realmode DOS gaming because why use DOSBox to emulate when I can just run games natively? Obviously the modern version of Steam isn't going to run on Windows 3.1, so I tracked down a beta copy from 2001. Alright fuck it I'm bored let's see what happens:
    Nothing. The screen flashes black and that's it.

Ok, well, maybe Windows 3.1 is a little too old, let's see if I have anything more modern:
    VhGom3X.jpg

Hell yeah, now we're talking. So because I'm here already I figure let's fire up the newest release to see what happens:
    GBTu63L.jpg

fvnIM6F.jpg

Well, that's not surprising. Ok, let's try the beta:
    vytgQah.jpg

H-h-here we go:

AslbpFg.jpg

(WS2_32.dll handles winsock/networking functions in Windows XP in case you were curious)

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Looks like I'll have to throw the drive containing Windows 3.1 back in and call it a loss. Oh wait, wasn't there a reason I had this thing up and running tonight?
    9DUhlx3.jpg

Oh yeah, now I remember.
    QQlo9tK.jpg

Long story short why hasn't anyone done a remake of BioMenace yet?

I love the fact that the error message says that Steam expects a new version of Windows. It's basically saying "Dude, get your shit together."

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    It's scary in here, for reals.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I can't believe I actually have an interest in a COD game. How the hell did that happen?

Oh right. Chat and Steam thread.

Jerks.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Ooft, Kevin Spacey.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    otQXA6m.gif
    Still, you know...
    xEEtdmk.jpg

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If you're the kind of person that likes multiplayer mayhem and don't mind FPS, then there isn't anything wrong with CoD.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I can't believe I actually have an interest in a COD game. How the hell did that happen?

Oh right. Chat and Steam thread.

Jerks.

I'm not going to preach the game any more than I have. Just don't resist, come join the Kevin Spacey Master Race XD

Also, there's a co-op horde mode. That was the best part of last year's Ghosts (the game was terrible overall) and I'm glad that it came back this year

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I heartily approve of all the gifting of Banished and Project Zomboid. It's nice to see that other people love the games that I love enough to hurl them at other people. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I went slightly insane and bought Advanced Warfare.
    Only have 4gb ram and a garbo gpu so obvs it's not the best experience for me, but jet packs; I can't resist jet packs.

Anybody who wants to get in some multi feel free to holla at your boy.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I went slightly insane and bought Advanced Warfare.
    Only have 4gb ram and a garbo gpu so obvs it's not the best experience for me, but jet packs; I can't resist jet packs.

Anybody who wants to get in some multi feel free to holla at your boy.

I will holla at you later, for now sending a friend request :)

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've been tempted by Banished for awhile now. How are the system requirements on that one? Is there a chance it would run on a low end laptop? I've been looking for some sim style games to install on mine.

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    You're probably good.

System Requirements
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 2)
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 250 MB available space
    Sound Card: Any

RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 10 compatible card
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 250 MB available space
    Sound Card: Any

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    You're probably good.
    Thanks - Steam is blockenated here. Sounds like my little netbook could even run it.

This discussion has been closed.