Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I've been taking another look at Selene. So, Fey Glow and Fey Light both have a duration of 30 seconds and a cooldown of 60 seconds, and can't be used while the other is active.

Is a macro of the two together as good as I think it is? If I'm right, I could eternally have either one or the other active.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    She is really good at alternating them.

I basically keep her out 90% of the time in groups, unless I really need the AoE healing.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Enlong wrote: »
    I've been taking another look at Selene. So, Fey Glow and Fey Light both have a duration of 30 seconds and a cooldown of 60 seconds, and can't be used while the other is active.

Is a macro of the two together as good as I think it is? If I'm right, I could eternally have either one or the other active.

As ForceVoid pointed out, she's really good at blindly using one and then using the other ~30 seconds later. She's definitely the one pet you can probably keep on 'sic' and get 90% of the performance for 0% of the effort.

Edit for clarity - that last 10% comes from when you want to burn a boss and your group has 1 more of a certain DPS (e.g. 3+ melee in an 8 man, or 2 ranged dps in a 4 man, etc.). Then, I'll keep her on obey and use the corresponding glow/light at the start of the burn.

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Yeap. Anything you glamour will be bound to you.

That's the cost for blinging the newest stuff, you gotta own the thing in the first place. Wait for a few months for the demand to die down and for the number of crafters capable of performing the crafts to increase. Right now, I'd suspect a lot of the demand will be from the FCoB raiders who are pushing every single advantage they can get to progress.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Hello fellow Ninjas. If anyone is around level 35, I pan on taking my WHM to 50 this week. Happy to help a few people through queues along the way. :3

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular

As ForceVoid pointed out, she's really good at blindly using one and then using the other ~30 seconds later. She's definitely the one pet you can probably keep on 'sic' and get 90% of the performance for 0% of the effort.

Edit for clarity - that last 10% comes from when you want to burn a boss and your group has 1 more of a certain DPS (e.g. 3+ melee in an 8 man, or 2 ranged dps in a 4 man, etc.). Then, I'll keep her on obey and use the corresponding glow/light at the start of the burn.

Yep, that and the silence can be handy for things like Chimera or Pharos Sirius. Other than that I leave her on Sic now that the speed buffs were fixed to alternate with each other automatically.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Hah, I knew there was a catch. Thanks guys.

• Options
    Selene is a monster with her silence. If there is any spell being cast within sight, she'll silence it... Yes, even that crappy Stone.

• Options
    TeaTea FFXIV: Tea L'euphorie Registered User regular
    xx0xFZr.jpg

Final step of relic reborn step for PLD found! It's... excalibur!

Source: http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000853.html

And cross reference with what Yoshida said in the E3 live letter: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/06/final-fantasy-xiv-letter-from-the-producer-live-at-e3-rogue-and-ninja-headline-the-announcements/
    Regarding the Zodiac Weapons, in the future will they have visuals that stand out? Animations, Sounds, Skills, etc? The grade after the current Novus we do plan to have something that will substationally change the appearance of the weapon. Even after this next grade, we have plans to eventually add a final version, what we imagine for example the Excalibur looked like, what the Zodiac Braves actually used; we want these weapons to stand out both visually as well as audibly to reward players for their hard work.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Wow that looks amazing. Gonna buy my second animus book tonight.
    Gotta step it up!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I don't like the look of that sword compared to Curtana, and it lacks appropriate light effects, but otherwise the concept is good and I like the idea of these weapons further evolving in appearance.

488W936.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Let speculation begin on what other mythological weapons the other jobs will get.

I'm gonna guess that DRG gets Gungir.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I want to see BLM get a Caduceus.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Tea wrote: »
    xx0xFZr.jpg

And cross reference with what Yoshida said in the E3 live letter: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/06/final-fantasy-xiv-letter-from-the-producer-live-at-e3-rogue-and-ninja-headline-the-announcements/
    Regarding the Zodiac Weapons, in the future will they have visuals that stand out? Animations, Sounds, Skills, etc? The grade after the current Novus we do plan to have something that will substationally change the appearance of the weapon. Even after this next grade, we have plans to eventually add a final version, what we imagine for example the Excalibur looked like, what the Zodiac Braves actually used; we want these weapons to stand out both visually as well as audibly to reward players for their hard work.

And now in english!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Waving around a sword one hasn't earned is very un-Warrior of Light-like. Kinda like all those marketing heroes in the patch trailers running around with full Nexus weapons.

YOU EARN THAT SHIT WITH YOUR TEARS AND GIL LIKE THE REST OF US!

488W936.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    nooo please, don't make me want to actually go through the Atma, Animus, Novus, Nexus bullshit chain.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nooo please, don't make me want to actually go through the Atma, Animus, Novus, Nexus bullshit chain.

It's a great way to keep you subbed in the quieter times.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I want to see BLM get a Caduceus.

Except that the Caduceus staff is normally associated with healing due to its similarities with Asclepius's staff. So it would probably end up as a WHM weapon instead.

They could go with the FFXI convention, Claustrum.

• Options
    TeaTea FFXIV: Tea L'euphorie Registered User regular
    Tea wrote: »
    xx0xFZr.jpg

Corehealer wrote: »
    I don't like the look of that sword compared to Curtana, and it lacks appropriate light effects, but otherwise the concept is good and I like the idea of these weapons further evolving in appearance.

I can see the initial transformation taking the relic weapon to ILV 130, and then the final upgrade adding the lens flare glow effect and increasing the ILv to 135

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Hello fellow Ninjas. If anyone is around level 35, I pan on taking my WHM to 50 this week. Happy to help a few people through queues along the way. :3

Yo, hit me up if I'm on too

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    I'm not really sure what they'll do for the books.

Final Fantays doesn't really have much precedent for legendary tomes to draw upon.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Final Fantays doesn't really have much precedent for legendary tomes to draw upon.

Grimoire Weiss and Grimoire Noir

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Grimoire Weiss and Grimoire Noir

only if i can start yelling "weiss you dumbass!" with every cast.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Let speculation begin on what other mythological weapons the other jobs will get.

I'm gonna guess that DRG gets Gungir.

Gungnir would be cool. There aren't really a whole lot of spears to draw on, are there? Only ones I can think of aside from it and Gae Bolg are the Green Dragon Crescent and Longinus, and we've already got that last one as the Holy Lance. Maybe Luin if they keep the Irish theme going.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I kinda want an Axe that's bigger than me. Just something ridiculous and unwieldy... yet my Roe uses it like an extension of her arm.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I want that, and then I don't want them to scale it down for lalas. Just this little dude dragging a 7 falm axe behind it, heaving it up and dropping it on his foes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @ringswraith‌
    There was a Bard discussion over on reddit today and someone linked this guide, it's super detailed about every tiny nuance the Job.

• Options
    Wow. That bard is STACKED.

• Options
    Dear
    God

• Options
    /reading guide

Good Lord. I don't even know if I'll get to his level. Highly doubtful.

Anyone here do the "spam DD room 1" method for XP? Got into a party for it at some point last night. Once I figured out what I should be doing it was great. Wish it lasted longer, though- I could have conceivably hit 50 or gotten really close to it if the party didn't end after about an hour.

Still, 48 BRD, ARC Hunting Log complete.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    /also reading guide

Hmm, could be worse. DoTs>Straight Shot>big hitting skills>everything else. *shrug*

The only thing I'm not clear about: how long should DPS generally wait on tanking aggro till they can start their rotations? Reading that guide it appears like I can start instantly?

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    /also reading guide

Hmm, could be worse. DoTs>Straight Shot>big hitting skills>everything else. *shrug*

The only thing I'm not clear about: how long should DPS generally wait on tanking aggro till they can start their rotations? Reading that guide it appears like I can start instantly?

Yes, since he's popping Quelling Strikes just before the pull, however....It depends on the tank.

In something like Syrcus Tower/ Expert Dungeons, I wouldn't go all out with a pug tank I was unfamiliar with, or one that was significantly under my gear lever. My FC tanks though? Oh hell yeah, they're geared/skilled enough to keep hold of it.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    if it's one target, then I always go right away, but that based on assuming that other tanks pull the same as I do, with Unchained -> tomahawk because that's a crapload of aggro .

if it's a group pull i tend to wait a second before they hit one of their AOE abilities

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    OK, so more than a few seconds is a waste of time. That's good to know, because I have been holding back more than needed. <.<>.>

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    OK, so more than a few seconds is a waste of time. That's good to know, because I have been holding back more than needed. <.<>.>

Or just right, based on the amount of time I end up tanking things in pugs with my Bard's face... >.<

• Options
    Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I've recently decided to get back into the game and from the looks of it everyone I knew that played the game on my sever is gone. Based on the discussions here it looks like the PA community is still alive and active. Just wanted to check to see if this is accurate? Is the information on the OP regarding how to get invited in the guild still accurate as well?

Thanks!

PSN: Scotty85
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I've recently decided to get back into the game and from the looks of it everyone I knew that played the game on my sever is gone. Based on the discussions here it looks like the PA community is still alive and active. Just wanted to check to see if this is accurate? Is the information on the OP regarding how to get invited in the guild still accurate as well?

Thanks!

Yup!

NNID: delphinidaes
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Thanks!

Join us on Sarg. You won't regret it.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Well, you might regret it a little, our fc chat makes some people blush a few times a day. Hahaha.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I kind of got the urge to hop back in... but my Squeenix authenticator got reset and for whatever reason I didn't write down the emergency reset password. The support site is a Kafkaesque circle of self-referring links that want me to log in to my account before they can help me so I can log in to my account. :?

This discussion has been closed.