Options

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So the Playstation TV went back to the store yesterday.

It's a nice piece of hardware that works exceedingly well, but the lack of software support just kills it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    What did you want to play that wasn't supported?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    What's worse, to have no games for a while? Then when one appears, but isn't localized, it's a free online game with an English patch?

Or to know several very good games exist, and will keep being made consistently, but will never come here? And are so text-heavy that importing is basically impossible?

Well, I'd say it's mostly your fault. I mean the games at least exist.

I mean it isn't like most PS fans haven't been waiting for a proper phantasy star for 21 years or anything. Just to keep getting hack n slash games full of vague throwbacks and nothing else. Siiiiiigh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Project Diva F 2nd:

Importers can import their Japanese save into the English version.
    DLC is still coming out for the game in Japan.
    $30 season pass for all DLC songs except for AR songs. Or $3 a piece. Math wise we're looking at ~14 songs.
    UI skins are free for 39 days then $1.

... Freakin' $70 for a season pass for all* the costume DLC. $2 a costume seperately. Math wise, ~47 costumes.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Speaking of PSTV, I'm considering picking one up.

What's the current option for memory cards at less stupid prices?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Gamestop will have a decent deal for 16gb cards on black friday. $20, I think. But there are probably better options.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Just a bit more hype, here's Project Diva F 2nd's opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvpgqdarOyo

And that should be it for major releases for the year. Have fun with the backlogs!

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    More Luka today and more Iris Heart in the coming months, both on glorious OLED - the Vita truly is the king of kings.

• Options
    I had $50 of PSN funbux to put on my account from Sony Rewards, so I did that and bought the Miku song season pass, because I will demand more songs. Don't think I'll get the entirety of the costumes to warrant that $70 juggernaut, though I'll certainly grab a bunch.

• Options
    We have a release date for htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary! As it seemed like would happen, it's been pushed out to early 2015. February 24, 2015 for NA, the 25th for EU. NISA is offering their standard LE package as well.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I blame this thread. Got Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 today for $30. Is it actually good, or just fanservice?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    It's actually good. There's a bit of fanservice fanservice, but most of the fanservice is just a dorky, ridiculously sincere spoof of the video game industry presented as world lore and in-jokes. The game looks real nice, has some catchy tunes, and the combat is super fun and engaging. It's definitely not the same kind of serious RPG as your P4Gs or your FFXes, but it's still a damn fine RPG.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    What's worse, to have no games for a while? Then when one appears, but isn't localized, it's a free online game with an English patch?

Or to know several very good games exist, and will keep being made consistently, but will never come here? And are so text-heavy that importing is basically impossible?

Well, I'd say it's mostly your fault. I mean the games at least exist.

I mean it isn't like most PS fans haven't been waiting for a proper phantasy star for 21 years or anything. Just to keep getting hack n slash games full of vague throwbacks and nothing else. Siiiiiigh.

PS4 is my favorite RPG ever. So I've definitely been waiting for a straight sequel. But I also really, really like PSO.

It could be worse. It could be...the Shining series.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

The Crash Bandicoot Series, The Spyro the Dragon Series, Metal Gear Solid, Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars, Full Auto 2, Motorstorm: Arctic Blast, and Twisted Metal: Head On, amongst others.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Those are all Vita games?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Psx, psx, psx, PSP, PSP, PSP, PSP.

I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

The Crash Bandicoot Series, The Spyro the Dragon Series, Metal Gear Solid, Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars, Full Auto 2, Motorstorm: Arctic Blast, and Twisted Metal: Head On, amongst others.

Should have been around here when Sony accidentally allowed all PSP content. I got all the Crash and Spro games Vita-fied then. And Brave Story.

Metal Gear Solid, Crazy Taxy, and Full Auto 2 are all Vita/PSTV comparable. They might have to be downloaded from either the Download List, or from a PS3, but they're compatible and playable on the devices. I just played some Metal Gear Solid on my Vita a couple months ago. Motorstorm: Artic Blast and Twisted Metal are a couple of the few PSP game's that aren't though.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

Also: Have you ever considered playing actual Vita games? There's a ton of good ones.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Guys, I just discovered this is a thing in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMg-jFcvltU

Like, I need that in Project Diva F 2nd as DLC. Like, right now. And the NiGHTS theme, and Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic 2's ending theme done with lyrics, and the Burning Rangers theme and and and and

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Hmmm... The Americana costume was on the PSN store yesterday and now it's gone, and I didn't buy it... It'll probably be back on the store sometime later, I hope? I downloaded since... the nearest Gamestop is across the ocean from me. :(

The two AR songs also disappeared.

I guess they got accidentally put on the store early?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Oh right, I need to go grab my copy so I can get my sweet GameStop code.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I will never ever forget the US of A for retiring the Tomcat.
    Seriously.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Also, check to see if your physical copies came with the Weiss Schwarz AR Card. I still have mine from my Japanese copy. Apparently they're not in all physical copies for some reason?

Favorite songs? I rather enjoy Doubleganger (Rin and Miku) and Two Breaths Walking (Miku) a lot, but there's a full 40 fun to great songs to choose from. Can't really choose...

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I've only done 10 or so songs (I'm pacing myself) but yeah, Two Breaths Walking is really good. Catchy and a fun video for Miku modules. I also found Love-Hate to be catchy but that might just be my biases.

bss on
  • Options
    Speaking of a ton of good Vita games: THREAD! I am kind of a sucker for retrospective lists. Do y'all think it'd be fun for us posters in the thread to vote on our top 10 favorite games of Vita 2014? Figure I'd open it up for everyone to nominate their favorite 3/5/10 games, whatever criteria they want, and I'd put it all together closer to the end of the year. More of a thread thing than a "best game of 2014" thing, mostly just for fun and to have a fancy post with pictures wrapping up the year. Thoughts/ideas? Anyone in?

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'd be down with that! It might be a good idea to use a Google spreadsheet or one of those voting things if someone is savvy enough to set it up, since that would effectively shut down conversation in this thread for a bit with the flood of posts.

Wraithverge on
  • Options
    PeteRoseHairPeteRoseHair Registered User regular
    I think that would be a lot of fun! And a helpful resource. I'm the "Vita guy" in my group of friends and whenever someone buys one, they ask me what to get. It'd be handy to have a resource to direct people to rather than scrolling through my memory cards and game carts!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't get this issue
    It's so simple
    get all Vita games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'll vote.

• Options
    I don't get this issue
    It's so simple
    get all Vita games.

But then you still need to decide which to play first and it's a whole thing.

Cool at responses. If I have time to be enterprising over the next couple days I'll write a simple voting page, otherwise I'll just make a Google doc.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid, Crazy Taxy, and Full Auto 2 are all Vita/PSTV comparable. They might have to be downloaded from either the Download List, or from a PS3, but they're compatible and playable on the devices. I just played some Metal Gear Solid on my Vita a couple months ago. Motorstorm: Artic Blast and Twisted Metal are a couple of the few PSP game's that aren't though.

Metal Gear solid wasn't listed on the Playstation Store for purchase when I checked.

Crazy Taxi and Full Auto 2 weren't available for download from my Download List. The same goes for Motorstorm and Twisted Metal.

x3yFSm0l.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    bss wrote: »
    I don't get this issue
    It's so simple
    get all Vita games.

Cool at responses. If I have time to be enterprising over the next couple days I'll write a simple voting page, otherwise I'll just make a Google doc.

do as i do just play all games at the same time
    (im just being facetious nevermind me)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I don't get this issue
    It's so simple
    get all Vita games.

I actually feel that I've been trying to do that for a while now. It works as well as you'd expect.

• Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    I don't get this issue
    It's so simple
    get all Vita games.

I actually feel that I've been trying to do that for a while now. It works as well as you'd expect.

You basically become Towelie? (ie. get high and wander off?)

• Options

Metal Gear solid wasn't listed on the Playstation Store for purchase when I checked.

Crazy Taxi and Full Auto 2 weren't available for download from my Download List. The same goes for Motorstorm and Twisted Metal.

Reading comprehension, please.

• Options
    I don't get this issue
    It's so simple
    get all Vita games.

You basically become Towelie? (ie. get high and wander off?)

More like I lament how I'm playing 15 games at once, and then one day I actually have time to play a bunch of stuff, and the next thing I know I've blacked out and I come to on the floor with bloodshot eyes, laying next to my Vita and there's like 20 trophies I don't remember getting.

• Options
    Okay, This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee is my jam. There is something especially great about Miku singing totalitarian punishments if you are not happy, because happiness is your duty. Catchy song, as well.

Doubleganger's cool too.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Guys, guys, GUYS!
    Beamdog wrote:
    We've got a vita dev unit now. Once we complete our current planned work we'll start poking it. We have an few internal Vita fanboys, so they keep hassling us for it.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2msl96/we_are_beamdog_developers_of_baldurs_gate_i_ii/cm7ik7b

Baldur's Gate on Vita would be godly.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Guys, guys, GUYS!
    Beamdog wrote:
    We've got a vita dev unit now. Once we complete our current planned work we'll start poking it. We have an few internal Vita fanboys, so they keep hassling us for it.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2msl96/we_are_beamdog_developers_of_baldurs_gate_i_ii/cm7ik7b

One one hand, cool beans.

On the other hand, I have violent seizures when I think about an unmodded Baldur's Gate I/II.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Guys, guys, GUYS!
    Beamdog wrote:

@spacekungfuman‌

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Guys, guys, GUYS!
    Beamdog wrote:

@spacekungfuman‌

That would be fantastic. I have BG1:EE on ipad and really like it, but it is hard to select doors and corpses to loot. The Vita would be pretty much perfect with the combination of touch for broader play and the sticks for finer control.

This discussion has been closed.