Options

Ferguson Thread

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Waiting for the full transcript of McCulloch's statement to be released so I can make that terrible bit where McCulloch nearly smiled and a note of joy entered his voice into my signature.

• Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    Watching the ferguson pd press conference, is this the police chief? This guys a dick. There's so much bullshit coming outta his mouth, it's absurd.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Prediction: Darren Wilson will find new employment with Fox News

The sad part is, will he need new employment, is he even gonna get anything more than paid leave for this?

I would say Wilson would be unable to perform his duties as a police officer in Ferg, and at minimum would have to be reassigned.

But this is Ferguson P.D. were talking about, which in my mind has proven itself incompetent.

Doesn't take photos of browns body.
    Lets Wilson leave the scene
    Doesn't know what PR is.
    Responds to public protest with military style suppression tactics.
    Leaves Brown's body on the ground for 4 hours...

and the list goes on, I'm sure everyone here can add another 6-20 more items.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    http://www.ustream.tv/z?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed

Stream in the middle of something going on. A largish group is standing on a patio of an open business (with the business owner), the police are telling them to leave, the group is telling the police private property so fuck off.

Edit: Make sure you pop out the video to ignore the chat. Shit's worse than youtube

And a camera crew set up across the street (behind the police) and now the police are dispersing.

Veevee on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Goumindong wrote: »
    This is the south we are talking about, they are not above it.

Fun fact! Missouri is not part of the South and gave almost 3x as many soldiers to the U.S. than to the traitors in the Civil War. So shove it.

Fingers crossed that the Justice Department finishes its investigations (shooting and police force) soon, but I'm not betting on it since they still haven't finished Zimmerman's investigation.

Fun fact! The delineation of states, north/south, has less to do with their official voted side on the civil war and more to do with their status as slave or free. Which is one reason why the Confederacy recognized Missouri as a seceding state in 1861. And why it had strong guerrilla resistance throughout and after the war!

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I can't believe I was stupid enough to pray that justice would be done.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    This stopped being about justice and more about revenge for a lot of people a long time ago.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    This stopped being about justice and more about revenge for a lot of people a long time ago.

I know. The police are out of line and inciting violence.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    You know, I keep watching this and the whole time I'm thinking "If he was unarmed and a threat, why not use a taser on him?" If you hit him with a taser, he was close enough to be called a threat in my book, and he might have lived. But if you are using a gun, you are aiming to kill your target. And I know Missouri police have them, from personal experience. There needs to be new training in place to make it were officers use the least force possible for a situation.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular

Yeah. Those damn police out there looting and burning stores. How awful.

• Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Man, the police began this night by dispersing and teargassing the peaceful protest occurring outside the police department, what the hell did they think was going to happen?

• Options
    You know, I keep watching this and the whole time I'm thinking "If he was unarmed and a threat, why not use a taser on him?" If you hit him with a taser, he was close enough to be called a threat in my book, and he might have lived. But if you are using a gun, you are aiming to kill your target. And I know Missouri police have them, from personal experience. There needs to be new training in place to make it were officers use the least force possible for a situation.

Wilson did not have his Taser.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Those damned police throwing teargas into buildings marked as safe spaces for protestors who are protesting that those damned police can get away with murder.

No I don't.
  • Options

He even looks like that chickenshit cop from The Boondocks.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Man, the police began this night by dispersing and teargassing the peaceful protest occurring outside the police department, what the hell did they think was going to happen?

He has a Starship Troopers avatar.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

Yeah. They should be more like the rioters and start murdering unarmed jaywalkers.

• Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

He has a Starship Troopers avatar.

A parody about the dangers of jingoism, xenophobia, and technocracy?

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    I can't believe I was stupid enough to pray that justice would be done.

The only thing I prayed for was no one getting killed tonight.

Those damned police throwing teargas into buildings marked as safe spaces for protestors who are protesting that those damned police can get away with murder.

And then threaten to arrest everyone if they didn't go back inside the building instead of standing on the privately owned patio while the owner told them they were full of shit.

• Options
    B3Q_WIDCEAA1z3M.png

• Options

Trying to find where that is in the actual testimony and I cant seem to find it.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014

pretty good livestream here close to the Police Department... very angry yet calm and peaceful. Just showed a guy that was hit in the head with a tear gas canister and now they are touring the military trucks and sound canons.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »

Trying to find where that is in the actual testimony and I cant seem to find it.

Yeah it appears to be a photoshop to incite response.

• Options

Can you link me to the testimony? Google ain't giving me shit.

Oh, and don't forget that they incinerated his clothing, preventing any conclusive ballistics analysis.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Draygo on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Is there not a OCR'd / full text version? How is anyone supposed to comb through nearly 300 pages?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Cant find an OCR'd one yet. Seems like it was a quick scan to pdf and post sort of thing.

His testimony starts at 195. And it isn't in that block. I briefly scanned the other testimonies and didn't find it.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    e:double post. Half expect to see a giant CenturyLink logo saying that the internet has melted. Everything that gives "We're sorry." is doing so.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    It's going to be interesting when people start consolidating the cell phone footage from the protests/riots to see a timeline of how these things actually progress.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I found it it was in further questioning, 263

Edit: With that I'm out for the night, I pray that no one will be killed tonight over this.

Draygo on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I found it it was in further questioning, 263.

Yeah I was nearing that page. Interesting from the picture it looked like a photoshop and it wasn't in the main body. Prior statement rescinded.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I read like 10 random pages in there and there's nothing but reasons for the grand jury to indict. The cops are just either lying through their teeth or are the most incompetent people who have ever put on a uniform.

(Paraphrasing)
    Q: Did you get blood on your face?
    A: I dunno
    Q: You do know what blood looks like, right?
    A: Yeah, but you know, only the basics.
    Q: Did you have any on your face? You went to the bathroom, there was a mirror in there right?
    A: Yeah
    Q: Was there any blood?
    A: I don't know

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm going to meet the smuggest people tomorrow. I've been black-out mad before.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    The PDX police better start watching for silly geese spouting stupidity, especially after "Occupy" a few years ago.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Too bad that was like 3 seconds of distinguishable footage and way more of Tim Pool just putting his face on camera.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Fun fact! Missouri is not part of the South and gave almost 3x as many soldiers to the U.S. than to the traitors in the Civil War. So shove it.

Fingers crossed that the Justice Department finishes its investigations (shooting and police force) soon, but I'm not betting on it since they still haven't finished Zimmerman's investigation.

Fun fact! The delineation of states, north/south, has less to do with their official voted side on the civil war and more to do with their status as slave or free. Which is one reason why the Confederacy recognized Missouri as a seceding state in 1861. And why it had strong guerrilla resistance throughout and after the war!

Missouri's Civil War history is kind of fascinating.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

And more recently that whole article on how Ferguson and towns like it in that area were created and how they operate.

Among so many other things.

This discussion has been closed.