Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Eight to fifteen minutes

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    See, I was worried once on a proxy, than I realized I typed the whole message, and didn't put a to: ??? at the top of the proxy....

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    IGNORE ME!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    Just set them as the shipping address? After you proceed to checkout you just need to set them as the new address. I'm not sure if there is any other way to do it. I've still got a couple santees saved in there because I never remember to delete them. Maybe I'll just send weird things every once in a while to them. Who knows!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I'm a little bummed about doing it that way but after being sick for a week I had cut it too close to get everything sent to me, rearannged and sent back... but i did stick in a few things to spice up what I was originally going to get with a last minute surge of inspiration... It was surge, I'm sorry if you have a heart condition.

It wasn't surge.

Or wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTY8hrvFck8

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Just wanted to chime in for anyone who is still doing some Christmas shopping and planning to make some purchases at Amazon, check out the Amazon Smile program. A percentage of the purchase price will be donated by Amazon to a charity of your choosing (Child's Play is an option!) at no additional cost to you.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Just in case anyone was wondering how my husband was doing:
    He's produced 24 stones so far. No one seems to know why he's producing enough stones to start his own beach. We have found out the stones aren't calcium, which is normal, but uric acid. There will be more testing so it's a good thing his insurance is pretty good.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    I'm thinking of putting up my tree but that means digging it out of my closet and cleaning the table to sit it on.

Not sure why but anything I post after that spoiler section goes into the spoiler, even if they're outside the closing tag. Is that new or am I doing it wrong?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Holy hell. That sounds horrible and I hope he stops making his own road gravel soon

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of putting up my tree but that means digging it out of my closet and cleaning the table to sit it on.

Not sure why but anything I post after that spoiler section goes into the spoiler, even if they're outside the closing tag. Is that new or am I doing it wrong?

You have two closing tags which might be doing it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    He's produced 24 stones so far. No one seems to know why he's producing enough stones to start his own beach. We have found out the stones aren't calcium, which is normal, but uric acid. There will be more testing so it's a good thing his insurance is pretty good.[/spolier]

For this one, you misspelled spoiler in the closer, the i is wrong. Don't know if that is what your talking about.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    He's produced 24 stones so far. No one seems to know why he's producing enough stones to start his own beach. We have found out the stones aren't calcium, which is normal, but uric acid. There will be more testing so it's a good thing his insurance is pretty good.[/spolier]

For this one, you misspelled spoiler in the closer, the i is wrong. Don't know if that is what your talking about.

Posting on my phone is fun, you never know what it's going to decide to type. Add in my lack of proof reading and you get errors like this. Nice that it still worked while mis-spelled.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Turns out the thing I got was from someone else. That's right Santa, you got competition!

It's like Middle School when my parents got divorced all over again.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Turns out the thing I got was from someone else. That's right Santa, you got competition!

It's like Middle School when my parents got divorced all over again.

:D
    :(

Steam: offday
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Oh SNAP! I found a bunch of GIFTS in one of my various emails!!!!! Post coming soon, have to make dinner. Sorry I didn't notice Santa!!!!!! I'm sorry, I have a ton of email accounts.

@Elin‌ You're the best! I'll make a proper post, post dinner!

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options

Posting on my phone is fun, you never know what it's going to decide to type. Add in my lack of proof reading and you get errors like this. Nice that it still worked while mis-spelled.

Spoiler will work without a closing. However, everything beyond that is, spoiler. I am not sure if that is the only tag that works like this.

• Options

Spoiler will work without a closing. However, everything beyond that is, spoiler. I am not sure if that is the only tag that works like this.

I have learned something, and no day in which you've learned something is wasted.

I'm about to go through my Christmas decor while watching the Top Gear Vietnam special.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    On the seventh day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, some games from EA, OH GOD please don't hurt me! :whistle:

signature.png

I also have Origin keys for Dead Space 1, 3, and an Origin Copy of Crysis 2 Maximum Edition. Since the last couple non-steam attempts to just give away keys on the forums turned into a miserable potentially thieving disaster, I'm going to distribute these in a different way. First person to PM me asking for each gets they key.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I unleashed a UPS (or FedEx!) algorithm to deliver a package to my Santee who's name has 2 vowels in it.

Get ready for Friday. Or Saturday. I told them to deliver it on Saturday if possible. Or I guess Monday. I don't know. That might be ok as a "get the week going with something neat" situation.

Just be looking out Santee. With 2 vowels. And a few consonants.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I unleashed a UPS (or FedEx!) algorithm to deliver a package to my Santee who's name has 2 vowels in it.

Get ready for Friday. Or Saturday. I told them to deliver it on Saturday if possible. Or I guess Monday. I don't know. That might be ok as a "get the week going with something neat" situation.

Just be looking out Santee. With 2 vowels. And a few consonants.

So it's not me, then?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Dear Santa! Thank you so much for the gift. I love it all. My little guy especially will love the shark attack hot wheels set. Pictures to be posted in a day or so! A triceratops may or may not have assisted in the unwrapping.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    In honor of December, I've finally started purchasing gifts! Santee, you're going to like this stuff. Are you going to love it?
    I DON'T KNOW SO MUCH PRESSURE AIEEEEE!

Anyway. Probably one box, towards Christmas. Don't panic!

• Options
    We put out mini tree today, tomorrow we'll most likely decorate the bigger tree. Excuse the slight mess, I haven't really cleaned in the last week. We would actually decorate the mini tree every year but got tired of dealing with the tiny ornaments so I hot glued everything on this year.

3U66qQ1.jpg

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I have been a terrible Santee. Haven't touched my PC in a few days, but diligently checked my emails...

Steam didn't tell me I had another gift pending from Santa until I looked just now!

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

7JMaMSA.png

Survival Horror and Crafting! Cannibalism! This sounds like the best Christmas ever! Now to go chop down a tree on a cannibal.

Thanks again CaptainPilot, whoever you may be. *Glares at fellow forumers with accusing eyes*

Edit: Cannibals don't want to exchange recipes :(

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    oh my gosh this last present is killing my brain

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    oh my gosh this last present is killing my brain

? If you got a gift you should post pictures and share your plight with the rest of us!

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Hey Santee! I know I've been conspicuously absent these last few weeks but fear not - I have been biding my time! Until payday!

Order Confirmed! Expect a package very, very soon...

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Every year I'm thankful I don't have to go through puzzles to decipher my gifts.

I love the effort people put into it but I don't need a light shined on my ignorence!

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to put your preference for puzzle solving in future sign up PMs, some of us really like to do that approach but not if the Santee doesn't like it.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Eh I've yet to see a santa that cares whether you crowdsource the solution or one that starts offering help pretty quickly. I couldn't solve mine in any way but still thought it was neat and thoughtful.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I'm more referring to
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Every year I'm thankful I don't have to go through puzzles to decipher my gifts.

I love the effort people put into it but I don't need a light shined on my ignorence!

Some people just don't care for that approach.

• Options
    DialupSantaDialupSanta Registered User regular
    @cornell‌

0x24BD 0x13AC 0x26CA 0x01AE 0x1749 0x03

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I got a secret email about secret things.

I also need to finalise my own secret things by next week. Decisions are hard :/

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    @cornell‌

0x24BD 0x13AC 0x26CA 0x01AE 0x1749 0x03

Hmmm. Yesterday, with some help, I thought I had it down to HE?T??. Back to the drawing board!

• Options
    A gift arrived today for me! I'll get pictures up in a little while once my son is up from his nap.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Now it looks even more like hex, but I hadn't gotten anything when I tried it before. On mobile, so I'll have to dig deeper later.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Hey Santa, quick update. I'm going to flying back home to California the 24th-27th. May not impact anything, just thought I'd let you know when I would be out of town.

Also, my new job is awesome and I can post on here while working! And I think I'll get my Santee something from here! Everyone's a winner!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Got another picture. Still doesn't look like anything to me.

edit: I'm wondering if it will end up being my santa's avatar or something given the shape of it though. Would make the most sense.

shadowane on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »

edit: I'm wondering if it will end up being my santa's avatar or something given the shape of it though. Would make the most sense.

Are the colors all similar? It could be that you could do a few photoshop overlays or subtracting and some funny business, wave a magic wand, then you might have something noticeably recognizable?

• Options
    Icemopper wrote: »
    shadowane wrote: »

Are the colors all similar? It could be that you could do a few photoshop overlays or subtracting and some funny business, wave a magic wand, then you might have something noticeably recognizable?
    It's clearly an image, I just can't see anything. Here are two of the three versions since I've uploaded them already.
    Mosaic:
    Mosaic-200_zpsdc03bc56.jpg
    Stained Glass:
    stainedglass-42100_zps9cac0c76.jpg
    You can sort of see why I think it's an avatar.