As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

post your picture in remembrance of flarne, killed by a light switch

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Not the first time i've been likened to a persona protag

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I hate sweaters because it's so hard to find ones that I can physically wear without developing a rash. (I can't wear any mammalian fibers at all, and sweaters tend to be made of wool.) And I can't stand anything touching my neck.

But I love the sweaters I can wear because they're comfortable, warm, and let me change up my wardrobe a bit. Patterns hurt my eyes, so I tend to wear a lot of the same thing. But textures are safe, so I can have a little variety with sweaters.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ahh

how do i unsideways

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I don't like things touching (the front of) my neck, cardigans are pretty useful in this regard

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »
    I hate sweaters because it's so hard to find ones that I can physically wear without developing a rash. (I can't wear any mammalian fibers at all, and sweaters tend to be made of wool.) And I can't stand anything touching my neck.

But I love the sweaters I can wear because they're comfortable, warm, and let me change up my wardrobe a bit. Patterns hurt my eyes, so I tend to wear a lot of the same thing. But textures are safe, so I can have a little variety with sweaters.

Acrylic knit sweaters (or jumpers if you're an Aussie like me) can feel almost like cashmere if you spend a decent amount on them. The cheap ones are scratchy fucking garbage though, so beware.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    ahh

how do i unsideways

Tilt your head to the left.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    also if i had the money, i'd totally get one of those P4 jackets and wear it around in daily life

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular

Acrylic knit sweaters (or jumpers if you're an Aussie like me) can feel almost like cashmere if you spend a decent amount on them. The cheap ones are scratchy fucking garbage though, so beware.
    Cashmere gives me a rash. And unfortunately, so do fabrics with more than a 50% acrylic fiber count.

I can do cotton, 50+% cotton acrylic, linen, and silk.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

may I suggest having a sweater fashioned out of your own hair? no? well, you could wear a latex undershirt!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    also if i had the money, i'd totally get one of those P4 jackets and wear it around in daily life

It's a pretty close to a standard Japanese JHS / HS uniform jacket. You could probaly find one pretty cheap and just alter the collar.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    ahh

how do i unsideways

Gosh, quit walking on the walls.

So rude.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    YwzXsYH.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    FREUNLAAAAAVEN!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    c0yS16r.jpg?1
    these pants are too baggy for me

self checkout indeed

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    "Alright Nick, you woke up on time, now let's grab breakfast and a shower and head out to the gym, but be really quiet so you don't wake up Nuka."

*clumsily crashes into everything*

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    The quieter you try to be getting ready, the more likely you are to run into everything and make a ruckus. It's science.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Yay. Christmas party. yucq4yiy47kg.jpg

I notice a distinct lack of snow.

I am so sorry for you.

• Options
    No snow in Lansing, Michigan either.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I knew Weaver was heading out this morning but I have no idea when he left this morning, just that he did. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper.

(He accidentally and habitually locked the door to the apartment while I was in the shared bathroom taking a shower for work today though.)

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Hello there
    10409324_10205487062160943_6223429854203045888_n.jpg?oh=fcfd57e8a777f3c58fba78a37c7a52d2&oe=5541C1FF&__gda__=1426028265_9b60a7cba20a83905b536e1e4953e948

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

raining today here in southwest michigan

let it snow, goddammit!

• Options
    Houk wrote: »

raining today here in southwest michigan

let it snow, goddammit!

Nooooo I don't want to de ice planes!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Hello there
    10409324_10205487062160943_6223429854203045888_n.jpg?oh=fcfd57e8a777f3c58fba78a37c7a52d2&oe=5541C1FF&__gda__=1426028265_9b60a7cba20a83905b536e1e4953e948

What a beautiful waning gibbous you've got there.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The whole ugly sweater thing was better before I could go to target and just buy an ugly sweater.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That sounds pretentious and hipsterish but that's not what I'm saying.

It was just funny when people found these old sweaters that used to be stylish.

Now you can buy them anywhere and it ruins the novelty for me.

I'm not begrudging anyone wearing them or enjoying them though.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I mean the whole concept of an ugly sweater is pretty hipster and snobbish.

"Duuude, look at what old people used to think looked good!?"

The fact that people do it unironically now just....eh

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Ugly things have their own kind of aesthetic, I guess

There's a whole subcategory of Hellenistic art which is about the ugly and bizarre

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    We are having an 'ugly' christmas sweater thing friday at work.
    I decided to get something awesome instead
    robot-dinosaur.jpg

• Options
    Shredders is making an official A Tribe Called Quest sweater

b64231b3c92ead35ddc8f93eef22cd6f_1024x1024.png?v=1414893254

someone get me one for chrimbus

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Holy shit I want that Tribe Called Quest sweater then I want to spend Christmas doing Karaoke of Scenario.

• Options
    And Sky Pager and Butter and and and everything off of The Low End Theory.

• Options
    Ugly things have their own kind of aesthetic, I guess

There's a whole subcategory of Hellenistic art which is about the ugly and bizarre

Hey that really hurts...

Ohhhh, the sweaters!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    @Kadith‌ I love every single video/pic of your dog you send out on Snapchat

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    This thread makes me realize I need to take a good picture of myself for THINGS.

Here's a picture of my girlfriend and I accidentally coordinating our outfits:

cqi5gnzvxc87.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2014
    As you can see, I suffer from what is clinically known as "Brock Eyes."

As you can also see, I am batting way out of my league.

jgeis on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Are you sure you're not related to Richard Karn?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Some hospital chic for you all. Had some outpatient surgery taken care of today.

yORm2hv.png

Back home now and resting up. Being friends with nurses has definitely influenced me. I think I surprised so many of the medical staff with my jokes and how polite I was. It helped that everyone there was so nice!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Ancient membership. Nobody remembers a time when I wasn't a member here.

• Options
    Are you sure you're not related to Richard Karn?

I do have a penchant for flannel, facial hair, and experience in home improvement. It's more likely than you think.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Some hospital chic for you all. Had some outpatient surgery taken care of today.

yORm2hv.png

Back home now and resting up. Being friends with nurses has definitely influenced me. I think I surprised so many of the medical staff with my jokes and how polite I was. It helped that everyone there was so nice!

Are people normally assholes in hospitals? I like to think I'm polite.

This discussion has been closed.