As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

It was many nights before Christmas, and everyone was bored
    chgOFoL.jpg?1

Hooray for santa @Bear is Driving

(he also has a cool real name)

Oh man, I guess my panicked "them mittens ain't ever showing up open the rest before Christmas is ruined" email was a little premature! I'd rather be wrong than right on that though.

I'm glad you like everything (including my name but my parents picked that one out). Especially relieved you didn't have either book - though both are worth owning twice.

I must say that it's impressive that you're trying to learn piano now. I regret giving it up so soon after getting my grade 8. Keep working on that shit and someone can get you an advanced book next year!

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    On the topic of science fiction novels, I finished up Old Man's War the other night and was quite satisfied. It obviously reminded me a lot of Starship Troopers (which if you know the book he acknowledges at the end) but also a lot of The Forever War and maybe even Ender's Game? Quality references all.

I'm debating getting the sequels now or rereading Dune, as is my wont. Dilemma!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Dune is good. I 'read' it earlier this year and enjoyed it immensely. I just downloaded Paul of Dune last night. Though it will be a while before I get to it, as I just started GoT book 1, and I hear I won't be able to stop until I run out of books.

*'read' means I listened to the unabridged audiobook. It's easier for me to listen to books than read them these days, and I just discovered at Thanksgiving my library has audiobooks through Overdrive.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    @Aioua at it again, I was just gifted a copy of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 with the plea that I play FTL as well (I bought it during the last sale and haven't had a chance to play it yet).

Thank you!

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Amazon says my gifts have been delivered, but to a neighbor. I guess my Santee was out. Hope my Santee gets them soon!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    @Aioua at it again, I was just gifted a copy of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 with the plea that I play FTL as well (I bought it during the last sale and haven't had a chance to play it yet).

Thank you!

Lujgm5c.jpg

Wheeeee! Yeah that's the last of my gifting. Really, FTL is way better than it has any right to be.

I'm glad you enjoyed it all, a merry christmas to you and yours, Cornell!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hey i got proxied a tracking number! I know the general vicinity in which santa lives. It's not where i expected the santa cave.

• Options
    @cornell oh right! That hex was your tracking numbers!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Did we ever figure out how to decode those pseudo-hex numbers Santa was posting in the thread?
    (I say pseudo-hex because they didn't seem to decode like normal hex numbers)

edit: Have we talked about favorite eggnog recipes yet? I'm thinking of maybe mixing some up for Christmas this year, but I've never purchased eggnog, let alone mixed anything into it. Recommendations?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Did we ever figure out how to decode those pseudo-hex numbers Santa was posting in the thread?

edit: Have we talked about favorite eggnog recipes yet? I'm thinking of maybe mixing some up for Christmas this year, but I've never purchased eggnog, let alone mixed anything into it. Recommendations?

My favorite egg nog is no-nog. That shit is vile. :biggrin:

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    On the topic of science fiction novels, I finished up Old Man's War the other night and was quite satisfied. It obviously reminded me a lot of Starship Troopers (which if you know the book he acknowledges at the end) but also a lot of The Forever War and maybe even Ender's Game? Quality references all.

I'm debating getting the sequels now or rereading Dune, as is my wont. Dilemma!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Bear! So far, no one I've given a copy to has complained, so its good to see the trend continue. The Starship Troopers feel is what turned me onto it in the first place and yeah, it's an AMAZING book. The sequels are definitely worth reading, but none of them are as good as the first book. I'd also recommend just about everything else John Scalzi has written. The Android's Dream, Agent to the Stars (a PA illustrated book!), and Lock In are all excellent.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

That I actually assumed, but I still couldn't crack them

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

My santa wasn't done:
    Blood Song (A Raven's Shadow Novel, Book 1) kindle edition

Sorry, it arrived last week, but I missed the email! Thanks!

Invisible on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I am a dirty liar! My apologies, santa. The branch I'm working in has been killing my free time and the little time I have is spent on eating, sleeping and Christmas shopping. Without further ado, the awesome giftage:
    3Ad7Ucu.jpg?1

Diablo! One of my favourite gaming franchises of all time! I don't really play Diablo III nowadays due to lack of time, but the glory days when I was a teenager... Countless nights looking for loot. One more run...
    02C5Liz.jpg?1

Not even coffee can save you from me!
    ISUbwzn.jpg?1

He's taking my loot! Guards, seize him!
    H4egSED.jpg?1

My Lord of Terror can't be this cute!
    YIHvKGO.jpg?1

Listening to this makes me want to play Diablo II again. Maybe I will! (God, my backlog is huge.)

Thanks so much, santa! Now reveal thyself!
    PS. I also received an invoice from FedEx haha. Not your fault, santa. Just I have to say this company is lacking in Christmas spirit and is overall really, really shitty for taxing gifts. Capitalism, ho!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014

convert each of the chunks to decimal.

That's it!

Aioua on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Previously unknown Santa strikes again!

My puppy was less than willing to pose for a photo after being in the car for 8 hours, so instead, my cards against humanity sticker will fill in for address hiding purposes!

FIgHeEs.jpg

Mysteries from the UK, sweeeet!

1otrKme.jpg

Wrapped packages with notes! Transcribed in the spoiler below if you can't read them from the image.
    Left: Even fellow geeks need to do DIY every so often
    Center: I'm glad you enjoyed your gift of Wolfenstein, but you really need some tunes to go with it!
    Right: Who doesn't like chocolate. Hopefully one of them will be a "surprise"

5RliPKO.jpg?1

Sweet unwrapped goodness! + previously received Pokemon Alpha Sapphire!

Wind up Santa, Kinder chocolates (With Kinder Surprise!!!!!!!!) And songs from or possibly inspired by Wolfenstein

cfR42W4.jpg?1

Buncha LEGO, Woot!

NHXpnYy.jpg

Construct all the things! (Battle tops came in the egg.... I ate it as I was unwrapping everything. Couldn't be helped.)

aLHmqqK.jpg

Note revealing Santa as @Anarchy‌
    Happy G&T Holidays

Wishing you all the best for the holidays and a happy 2015

Richard AKA Anarchy

Forgive the crappy photos. Battery was at 5%, I was rushing...

Mucho thanks @Anarchy‌! These wonderful gifts, in addition to the previous digital giftings of Wolfenstein the New Order and The Forest are spot on, and very awesome.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I am a dirty liar! My apologies, santa. The branch I'm working in has been killing my free time and the little time I have is spent on eating, sleeping and Christmas shopping. Without further ado, the awesome giftage:
    3Ad7Ucu.jpg?1

Diablo! One of my favourite gaming franchises of all time! I don't really play Diablo III nowadays due to lack of time, but the glory days when I was a teenager... Countless nights looking for loot. One more run...
    02C5Liz.jpg?1

ISUbwzn.jpg?1

H4egSED.jpg?1

YIHvKGO.jpg?1

Listening to this makes me want to play Diablo II again. Maybe I will! (God, my backlog is huge.)

PS. I also received an invoice from FedEx haha. Not your fault, santa. Just I have to say this company is lacking in Christmas spirit and is overall really, really shitty for taxing gifts. Capitalism, ho!

Reading this post made me look up this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZdu4YpUMY

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Awesome diablo loot!

Steam: offday
  • Options

convert each of the chunks to decimal.

That's it!

Ugh, I was going to ascii. I forget sometimes things can be numbers and not alphanumeric.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I got some eggnog from the alcohol section of the grocery store. Pennsylvania Dutch or something. Make hot chocolate, fill mug half way with said beverage. Fill rest of way with eggnog. Marvel at richness and feel the warmth spread through your body. Repeat.

Wake up naked and covered in tinsel and pine needles

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Four days until Christmas, and still no package in sight :(

I have faith in my Santa, though it's never cut this close to Christmas before

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Same here.

Santa, I have been staring at guitar websites for the past few days, debating whether I want to pull the trigger or not. I am most likely buying a guitar, so um...I guess you shouldn't get me one if you were planning to? Unless it's really nice, and then of course I'll take it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Same here.

Santa, I have been staring at guitar websites for the past few days, debating whether I want to pull the trigger or not. I am most likely buying a guitar, so um...I guess you shouldn't get me one if you were planning to? Unless it's really nice, and then of course I'll take it.

If you're new to it (as I am), this site is pretty great: http://www.justinguitar.com

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Same here.

If you're new to it (as I am), this site is pretty great: http://www.justinguitar.com

I've had an acoustic for several years. I'm mostly looking at electrics for Rocksmith, since I've owned the game for over a year at this point and don't own an electric guitar.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Four days until Christmas, and still no package in sight :(

I have faith in my Santa, though it's never cut this close to Christmas before

2724569690_59b6029142.jpg
    (Sauce)

Frem on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I got gifts! I'll do a proper gift get post after work, was out all day yesterday so didn't have time to do it last night.

@Cameron_Talley‌ not to fret, picked them up from my neighbours!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I have learned things today!

1.) I'm a dummy!

2.) Steam gifts sent via email go into my "Promotions" folder in Gmail!

2a.) I don't receive notifications on my phone for these "Promo" emails.

3.) I was gifted a week ago and did not post anything like a Bad Santee!

i5pHZ0bIhgbwX.jpg
    ibhaRkhFJNjHB2.jpg

Thank you Santa!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I wonder when the Christmas forums are starting. Didn't we have then for almost a week last year?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    @Arikado‌ im loving divinity original sin! Baldurs Gate 2 was an all time favorite of mine, and this is a really nice cousin.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Previously unknown Santa strikes again!
    My puppy was less than willing to pose for a photo after being in the car for 8 hours, so instead, my cards against humanity sticker will fill in for address hiding purposes!

FIgHeEs.jpg

Mysteries from the UK, sweeeet!

1otrKme.jpg

Wrapped packages with notes! Transcribed in the spoiler below if you can't read them from the image.
    Left: Even fellow geeks need to do DIY every so often
    Center: I'm glad you enjoyed your gift of Wolfenstein, but you really need some tunes to go with it!
    Right: Who doesn't like chocolate. Hopefully one of them will be a "surprise"

5RliPKO.jpg?1

Sweet unwrapped goodness! + previously received Pokemon Alpha Sapphire!

Wind up Santa, Kinder chocolates (With Kinder Surprise!!!!!!!!) And songs from or possibly inspired by Wolfenstein

cfR42W4.jpg?1

Buncha LEGO, Woot!

NHXpnYy.jpg

Construct all the things! (Battle tops came in the egg.... I ate it as I was unwrapping everything. Couldn't be helped.)

aLHmqqK.jpg

Note revealing Santa as @Anarchy‌
    Happy G&T Holidays

Wishing you all the best for the holidays and a happy 2015

Richard AKA Anarchy

Forgive the crappy photos. Battery was at 5%, I was rushing...

Mucho thanks @Anarchy‌! These wonderful gifts, in addition to the previous digital giftings of Wolfenstein the New Order and The Forest are spot on, and very awesome.

Woo glad you like them. I was worried that the Kinder Surprise wouldn't make it through but glad they got their in one piece. The CD is a same set of songs that you unlock through the game. Thought it would make an amusing accompaniment to the game :D

Merry Christmas sir!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I have learned things today!

1.) I'm a dummy!

2.) Steam gifts sent via email go into my "Promotions" folder in Gmail!

2a.) I don't receive notifications on my phone for these "Promo" emails.

3.) I was gifted a week ago and did not post anything like a Bad Santee!

i5pHZ0bIhgbwX.jpg
    ibhaRkhFJNjHB2.jpg

Thank you Santa!

Yay!

I was starting to get paranoid thinking that I had submitted the wrong email address. Happy holidays!

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Looks like my larger package will be delivered to my santee today, Merry Christmas @Kanden‌!

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    I took a Lego break on Friday to build the second rendition of the 3 in 1 creator set from my Santa @Frem:

IMG_20141222_095337.jpg

I'm also finishing up The Martian, and loving the shit out of it. Fantastic novel.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Chen wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

3Ad7Ucu.jpg?1

02C5Liz.jpg?1

ISUbwzn.jpg?1

H4egSED.jpg?1

YIHvKGO.jpg?1

@Chen Glad you liked the loot.

Sorry about FedEx, the blizzard store didn't give me any shipping options other than international and they didn't even list the company they used.

Do you need me to cover the extra costs?

Handkor on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Everytime I think it's over @ArcSyn surprises me with another gift! This time Awesomenauts greeted me with a Merry Christmas message this morning! So many thanks for this torrential downpour!

• Options
    I got a message from Proxy!
    jtqnm20.gif

Between this and the last one, I'm not sure if I should be excited or packing up my family and leaving town for a few days...
    Last message:
    lOEIfFD.png

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I wish my Santa sent me proxy messages that kept me up at night.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Santa! I called my post office and they have the package! I will be able to pick it up the 24th, so do not fret!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    AH CRAP THERE'S A BOX AT MY HOUSE AND I'M STUCK HERE AT WORK THEN I HAVE A THING AND WON'T BE HOME FOR ANOTHER 10 HOURS

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    ]Stuck at work, so no pix but...

Yesterday evening i received package, sent via Royal Post!
    The contents were multiple sweet treats from my secret santa from across the pond, and contrary to popular @Mr_Grinch‌ is not a mean one after all.
    Thank you so much for the games and treats!

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687