Options

[EVE Online] MRCHI RecruitmeOHGOD WE ARE BEING INVADED (March 2016)

• Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    Tengus and Ishtars are the thing at the moment, with Scimitar support ships. Also Minmatar Jaguars and T2 support frigates are easy to train and often used in our fleets these days.

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Train for a stiletto, fly it for everything. Tengu fleet? Fly a stiletto. Ishtar fleet? Fly a stiletto. Siege fleet? Fly a stiletto. Primaried by the FC for bringing a stiletto? Reship to a stiletto.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Last night was a fight over a final station timer. Saturday night, US TZ, everyone and their uncle planning on showing up. It was going to be good fights.

We had ~300 dudes in various fleets. Opposition was reported to be ~400. Maybe more, maybe less. I was in Boats fleet, so I'm not sure of everything that happened. Laz's fleet was the Main Ishtar Fleet. Laz's fleet lands on station, and enemy bombers decloak and start their first bombing run. Laz's fleet warps out, no casualties. Losam ( @Entity ) shows off his newbie luck by warping in and landing in the middle of the bombs moments after they have detonated, and is completely unharmed. This happens a few more times, with more and more of their bombers dying every pass and Laz's fleet not suffering any casualties.

Black Legion showed up on grid with Tengu's and starts trying to pick off Laz's fleet, but Laz's reps hold. Shout out to the LogiBros.

It was at this point that MRCHI suffered the worse loss of the night. Hoping to cash in on a 50M promise of "Get on a KM and don't die", Losam Amatin flew after a T2 Minmatar interceptor to do battle with it. Bravely ignoring the flight of ECM drones that had be sent after him, Losam followed the interceptor back to it's fleet. A quick lesson in the meaning of the word "primary" and "Maxim 37: There is no overkill" followed. https://zkillboard.com/kill/43958325/

Boat's fleet is holding steady on grid watching all this happen, and Effin and I are cheering Laz's fleet on in Jabber. Malowned Flagg is with us, but he's taking the No Chatter rules very seriously and isn't saying anything in Jabber.

Eventually Local climbs up above 800, and Boat gets excited. Like, more excited than normal. Lots of screaming to do nothing but be ready to do anything. Then it happens. "Align for those frigates!!!" Boat shouts, talking about a grid full of targets, any number of which spread across several hundred kilometers are frigates. And from there, things happen so quickly it all blends together. "Dictor decloak and bubble when you land!" screams Boat. "Bomb as soon as you drop out of warp!" he follows up. Ishtars land in the middle of the dictors bubble. I aligned into the targets, decloak, dropped the bomb, and warped out. My overview is filled with bombs and yellow boxes, and it was all very exciting.

The entire NC. Ishtar fleet was wiped out in that one bombing run. ~100 ships and crews, cosigned to the void and left for the Sisters to pick over for survivors.

Without the Ishtar fleet the oppositions plan fell apart. It turned into a haze for me, warping to various perches, Boat yelling at us to bomb and then not bomb. Eventually the bomber fleet ran out of bombs, and we went home while Laz's fleet continued clean up operations for another hour or so.

According to Zkill we lost 73 ships, and they lost 299.

Edit:
    The bombing run, as seen from Laz's fleet

Lochiel on
  • Options
    EntityEntity Lurkmeister LurkistanRegistered User regular
    My situational awareness definitely needs to work in this game. The TiDi didn't help much: "I thought I changed my direction... oh wait, there I go... oh crap"

• Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Train for a stiletto, fly it for everything. Tengu fleet? Fly a stiletto. Ishtar fleet? Fly a stiletto. Siege fleet? Fly a stiletto. Primaried by the FC for bringing a stiletto? Reship to a stiletto.
    Interceptors in fleets are fun and a good lower-stress alternative to bringing a dictor. There's no fleet that can't use one or two really good interceptor pilots (well, except for covert ops bridging fleets since inties can't bridge). After the interceptor balance pass, I spent a while going to fleets in a plated Crusader. I ended up spending about an equal proportion of time tackling, dogfighting lesser interceptors like Stilettos, and scouting/creating warp-ins/etc. at the FC's direction. There's always something to do in an interceptor (unless your fleet is structure bashing), and you have a lot more personal initiative than the guys in battleships, or Ishtars, or whatever.

There are two groups of Eve players I've fought against and remember by name--FCs and really good inty pilots. For a long time I flew an instacane, insta-harbinger, or other antisupport ship on fleet fights, and the difference between a good interceptor pilot and an average one pretty much comes down to whether I can kill them or not.
    Lochiel wrote: »
    Last night was a fight over a final station timer. Saturday night, US TZ, everyone and their uncle planning on showing up. It was going to be good fights.

We had ~300 dudes in various fleets. Opposition was reported to be ~400. Maybe more, maybe less. I was in Boats fleet, so I'm not sure of everything that happened. Laz's fleet was the Main Ishtar Fleet. Laz's fleet lands on station, and enemy bombers decloak and start their first bombing run. Laz's fleet warps out, no casualties. Losam shows off his newbie luck by warping in and landing in the middle of the bombs moments after they have detonated, and is completely unharmed. This happens a few more times, with more and more of their bombers dying every pass and Laz's fleet not suffering any casualties.

Black Legion showed up on grid with Tengu's and starts trying to pick off Laz's fleet, but Laz's reps hold. Shout out to the LogiBros.

It was at this point that MRCHI suffered the worse loss of the night. Hoping to cash in on a 50M promise of "Get on a KM and don't die", Losam Amatin flew after a T2 Minmatar interceptor to do battle with it. Bravely ignoring the flight of ECM drones that had be sent after him, Losam followed the interceptor back to it's fleet. A quick lesson in the meaning of the word "primary" and "Maxim 37: There is no overkill" followed. https://zkillboard.com/kill/43958325/

Boat's fleet is holding steady on grid watching all this happen, and Effin and I are cheering Laz's fleet on in Jabber. Malowned Flagg is with us, but he's taking the No Chatter rules very seriously and isn't saying anything in Jabber.

Eventually Local climbs up above 800, and Boat gets excited. Like, more excited than normal. Lots of screaming to do nothing but be ready to do anything. Then it happens. "Align for those frigates!!!" Boat shouts, talking about a grid full of targets, any number of which spread across several hundred kilometers are frigates. And from there, things happen so quickly it all blends together. "Dictor decloak and bubble when you land!" screams Boat. "Bomb as soon as you drop out of warp!" he follows up. Ishtars land in the middle of the dictors bubble. I aligned into the targets, decloak, dropped the bomb, and warped out. My overview is filled with bombs and yellow boxes, and it was all very exciting.

The entire NC. Ishtar fleet was wiped out in that one bombing run. ~100 ships and crews, cosigned to the void and left for the Sisters to pick over for survivors.

Without the Ishtar fleet the oppositions plan fell apart. It turned into a haze for me, warping to various perches, Boat yelling at us to bomb and then not bomb. Eventually the bomber fleet ran out of bombs, and we went home while Laz's fleet continued clean up operations for another hour or so.

According to Zkill we lost 73 ships, and they lost 299.

Edit:
    The bombing run, as seen from Laz's fleet
    Successful bombing runs are great to behold.

The more interesting part of this to me, though, is that both sides are fielding fleets of Ishtars. Meanwhile, in Deklein, Ishtars are grinding out anoms 24/7. It's almost as though there's something overpowered about that ship!

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3100&b=6337081&e=264&t=iePgiLejzGvzafaauac&r=1

I know these links sometimes don't mean a whole lot to someone new.

What this fight meant to me was I got that "Holy *#$*(" moment (well, more like 4-5 hours of moments) where I turned off all the brackets and such to look at the 1700+ spaceships flying around shooting pretty lasers at one another.

And for a bonus, it was also my first fleet as a logi (space priest), so I got to feel useful for the first time.

Pretty cool feeling, reading Eve epic battle stories for years and years, and then being in one. I'm not bitter and grizzled enough to go "bah it sucks because of Time Dilation", that stuff actually gave me enough time to figure out what the hell I was doing and push the right butans.

We had a very professional FC as well, which makes things enjoyable.

It took me a few weeks to get on a memorable big fleet, but definitely one of those moments I'll remember a long time, and will keep me coming back to Eve.

So get your head out of your ass and come join us.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    So.... storytime?

• Options
    Are you busting my balls or asking me to tell a story?

• Options
    Yes.

Wait, what was the question? I got distracted when you started talking about "balls"

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    For those of you reading, I would like to mention that not all of us are as obsessed with balls and the busting thereof as some of our compatriots.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I think a MRCHI jabber chat log would prove otherwise, Mr. Baidol.

• Options
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    Are you busting my balls or asking me to tell a story?
    Storytime is the proudest Merchi tradition.

In fact, it might be our only proud tradition.

• Options
    "Proud"

• Options
    And doge pictures, most notably corgis.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Hey guys. I tried eve way back years ago and joined up with you guys but never really got into it. I'm starting up again with two buddies and would love to dive into it with MRCHI. Honestly we are on full trial mode to see if its even up our alley.

But we're bored of destiny and need a new game to drink to.

I'm at work now so ill follow the more official application process in the OP tonight.

Or I might just spend a few more hours with that badass portrait editor in character creation.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Hey guys. I tried eve way back years ago and joined up with you guys but never really got into it. I'm starting up again with two buddies and would love to dive into it with MRCHI. Honestly we are on full trial mode to see if its even up our alley.

But we're bored of destiny and need a new game to drink to.

I'm at work now so ill follow the more official application process in the OP tonight.

Or I might just spend a few more hours with that badass portrait editor in character creation.

Playing EVE with friends is the best idea! Unless you're already killing/exploding in lowsec/nullsec/wormholes, get in MRCHI ASAP so we can introduce you to fiery spaceship death. PM me if you need trials or any other sort of info, and definitely post your EVE stories in this thread!

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Nope we signed up last night and did some tutorial stuff but nothing beyond that. My one buddy is already a bit bored but he is still intreguied at potential. So we figure we should join up and escalate our first deaths and hilarious horror stories rather than piddle in risk free high sec.

Personally I'm more of a boring numbers logistics guy and the fittings, min maxing, economic strategies of mining and hauling and making that efficient excited me more than it should. But they are looking more to pew pew.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    We need to get someone to start an intergalatic incident so we can have a proper war. Wartime is always the best time to bring on newbies.

• Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Nope we signed up last night and did some tutorial stuff but nothing beyond that. My one buddy is already a bit bored but he is still intreguied at potential. So we figure we should join up and escalate our first deaths and hilarious horror stories rather than piddle in risk free high sec.

Personally I'm more of a boring numbers logistics guy and the fittings, min maxing, economic strategies of mining and hauling and making that efficient excited me more than it should. But they are looking more to pew pew.

Ok cool, best way to start having fun is to join up, hop in frigates, and get on kills / get killed. We have some fleets happening at 0200 EVE time tonight (that is 9 PM EST), and again tomorrow night at the same time.

Follow the instructions in the first post in this thread, then post your character names in this thread, and we'll get you in and all set up right away.

• Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    We need to get someone to start an intergalatic incident so we can have a proper war. Wartime is always the best time to bring on newbies.
    paging v1m to the thread, please start shooting us tia

• Options
    Why don't we just start shooting them?

• Options
    Speaking of shooting each other, @Lochiel‌ just announced a bounty on the MRCHI forums for whichever of @Unicron80‌ and @Entity‌ blows up the other's ship first. No other engagement rules. Surprise thunderdome!

• Options
    Two men enter, one man leaves. You all know the rules.

• Options
    Just a warning, if I catch either of you, I'm claiming the bounty. Not that I ever actually leave the fortress of solitude that is UEJX.

• Options
    (1:30:47 PM EST) directorbot: Kismeteer is running a Newbie Fleet 101 tomorrow covering the usual newbie topics, which is tomorrow at 1900, so just over 24 hours from now. If you're interested, show up then!

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/195989-eu-newbie-101-class/

Newbies, undecideds, join Merchi today to get in on this newbie class! Kismeteer is a god damn goon hero that runs WTF 101 classes very frequently to get newbies up to speed.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    So to make an update I bought back in for three months to see what I'd do with it. Grinding out a few different reps for Lv4 agents in Tash-Murkon. Turns out my skillpoints were over 26 million, not twenty. Derp. I am also saving for a new battleship, as apparently I lost mine. Thankfully I still have my RETRIBUTION and my Zealot for the rep grind. Will keep everyone up to date, and I imagine I will try and chat with you sometime.

• Options
    EntityEntity Lurkmeister LurkistanRegistered User regular
    onesixty2 wrote: »
    (1:30:47 PM EST) directorbot: Kismeteer is running a Newbie Fleet 101 tomorrow covering the usual newbie topics, which is tomorrow at 1900, so just over 24 hours from now. If you're interested, show up then!

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/195989-eu-newbie-101-class/

Newbies, undecideds, join Merchi today to get in on this newbie class! Kismeteer is a god damn goon hero that runs WTF 101 classes very frequently to get newbies up to speed.

Might also be a good time for surprise thunderdome!

...wait, this would make it not a surprise.

Nevermind, forget I said anything! 8-)

• Options
    Don't all of those end in thunderdomes?

Also, we should do wargames again. That would be a good learning experience for the newbros (and the less pvp-inclined lifers).

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    DBRB is a rattlesnake killing monster.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I was just in a fleet of 30 ships that cost 50 million isk each. Total training time per friendly pilot: ~1 month minimum.

We launched a ton of bombs and killed 30 ships that cost 500 million isk each. Total training time per enemy pilot: ~6 months minimum.

These dudes right here - https://zkillboard.com/character/92298711/ - so, so bombed.

(this is kinda complicated, but go to this link http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3099&b=6344820&e=196&t=jyOikaaae&r=1 and look at the middle column, and the battleships. Almost all of them died!)

I've been playing this game for over 8 years and haven't done that before! IT WAS AWESOME!

Hahahahah aaaand one of my characters gets pipebombed on the way back.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    That is Eve, or so youtube says.

• Options

Also, we should do wargames again. That would be a good learning experience for the newbros (and the less pvp-inclined lifers).

We should. Or shoot greens day.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    @Lochiel‌ : Scrrrwww you. You're story times are making me want to log Sertan in and play this dumb, boring ass game, just to experience the stupid DBRB idiot savant moments. And because I have like 30bn in liquid assets I still need to burn on losing hilariously expensive ships in dumb ways.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    @Lochiel‌ : Scrrrwww you. You're story times are making me want to log Sertan in and play this dumb, boring ass game, just to experience the stupid DBRB idiot savant moments. And because I have like 30bn in liquid assets I still need to burn on losing hilariously expensive ships in dumb ways.

That's why we pay him the big bucks!
    We don't actually pay him

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options

Why yes, We should!

come back soon, we have a new batch of newbies that need to learn from the solo pvp hero

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Sometimes in a stealth bomber fleet, you get to watch all your friends die in a fire:

GwUOc3t.png

Explanation: White triangles are dead friends, blue stuff is mostly friendly drones (blue squares are friendly ships but most fled or died), grey stuff is hostile drones that got left behind. Funny looking thing bottom foreground is my cloaked Hound (stealth bomber).

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    You should have flown in to save them like Gandalf.

• Options
    I survived. Bomberfleet supremacy at running away.

• Options
    grumthorngrumthorn Registered User regular
    Our Fc dced as we jumped through the gate into what we knew was a hostile situation. we never really recovered from the resulting confusion. Can't win every day.

• Options
    We just did a purge of anyone who hasn't logged on in over a month or hasn't gone on a fleet in over a month. If we accidentally got one of you, it was definitely @Anehii‌ 's fault.

In all seriousness, if you want to rejoin, just post here and make sure you go on a fleet or something!

This discussion has been closed.