BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    i have a hunger

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    return(lst->firstLink->next->value);

linked list pointers pls

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    i have a hunger

for blood?

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Thing I just learned: There is an ongoing Plok comic made by the original creators

http://www.zee-3.com/plok/index.php?comic=721

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    God, Guilty Gear Xrd is sooooo pretty

Why does it have none of the characters I want to play :(:(

Sorry Ristar isn't in it

IUS6nYR.gif

(I think Ristar would be an amazing character for Smash but it would never happen)

Never know maybe sega will start selling off ip's

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Insofar as the Negro is concerned, nothing makes much sense. This was brought home to me in another realm many times when I sought jobs. The foreman of one plant in Mobile, a large brute, allowed me to tell him what I could do. Then he looked me in the face and spoke to me in these words: “No, you couldn’t get anything like that here.”

His voice was not unkind. It was the dead voice one often hears. Determined to see if I could break in somehow, I said: “But if I could do you a better job, and you paid me less than a white man …”

“I’ll tell you … we don’t want you people. Don’t you understand that?”

“I know,” I said with real sadness. “You can’t blame a man for trying at least.”

“No use trying down here,” he said. “We’re gradually getting you people weeded out from the better jobs at this plant. We’re taking it slow, but we’re doing it. Pretty soon we’ll have it so the only jobs you can get here are the ones no white man would have.”

“How can we live?” I asked hopelessly, careful not to give the impression I was arguing.

“That’s the whole point,” he said, looking me square in the eyes.

-- November 21 1959, Mobile, Alabama.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If you played Darklands avoiding all bad outcomes, you wouldn't really be playin Darklands.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    it
    syndalis wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Understand that there is a LOT of sex at the gym tha-

*runs out the door*

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

I mean, there are some gyms that just embrace this fact, like David Barton.

The men's locker room at a gym I used to go to in the village in NYC was pretty much an old school bath house. Always be knocking before you open the sauna door.

I met the dude who owns most of the david bartons.

Super spray tanned, obviously roided out, wearing the kind of rich people teared jeans and wifebeater that probably cost more than my entire wardrobe. Also he was wearing a crocodile dundee hat.

Dude was just soooo greasy and weird. It explained a lot.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    i hate sharepoint so much

while i hate it its better than what we had a few years ago to manage everything which was literally just office suite and almost nobody who knew how to use excel or access effectively.

i dont know how anything got done.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    God, Guilty Gear Xrd is sooooo pretty

Why does it have none of the characters I want to play :(:(

Sorry Ristar isn't in it

IUS6nYR.gif

(I think Ristar would be an amazing character for Smash but it would never happen)

Never know maybe sega will start selling off ip's

No joke; if I had the money I would buy the rights to Ristar

How much do you think SEGA would sell them for?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Never in a million years would I think Plok would be in a thing that is actually happening and updating. My mind is blown.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I'm watching Gerry Anderson's UFO again

This man is wearing a magenta Nehru suit with an aqua polo neck

1970s man is the real alien.

was this inspired by playing XCOM?

Yeah, someone in the G+T let's play thread mentioned it because when you ewatch the first episode it's clear that the people responsible for the 90s games were watching it

It has an underground base, flying submarines (a la terror from the deep), UFO incursion, scrambling interceptors, an alien autopsy, etc

Also in enemy unknown one of the little background chatter things that Central says while you're hanging around in the situation room is about "some nutjob calling himself 'Commander Straker' all over the news talking about 'shadow operatives'".

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2015
    @kedinik - also, if you happen to restart, having a very old alchemist at the start is a good idea. He will start with very good potions which he can generously gift to your other party members and then he can have an "accident" and be replaced by someone more spritely.

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    @spacekungfuman Darklands is fun but I can't figure out how to move the camera during battle. Arrow keys and clicking near the edge of the visible map do not work.

@kedinik - have you tried using the numeric key pad? I think that is how you do it. Glad you are enjoying it. The number one tip I can give you is just roll with everything. People die all the time. There is no way to raise them. Instead of reloading everytime, just let them die and recruit new characters (they are everywhere). Playing it like it is a rogue like or on "hardcore" mode is the way to go IMO.

Cool, that sounds good.

I do like permadeath. It makes for interesting stories.

This first playthrough might well turn into The Adventures of Gretch and Her Several Short-Lived Friends.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    now at least we have a way besides email or a shared drive to communicate stuff and work on shit together.

doesnt work the way i want it to but having any site to post stuff to is better than nothing. they dont like giving us the tools we need to get things done.

• Options
    @spacekungfuman Darklands is fun but I can't figure out how to move the camera during battle. Arrow keys and clicking near the edge of the visible map do not work.

@kedinik - have you tried using the numeric key pad? I think that is how you do it. Glad you are enjoying it. The number one tip I can give you is just roll with everything. People die all the time. There is no way to raise them. Instead of reloading everytime, just let them die and recruit new characters (they are everywhere). Playing it like it is a rogue like or on "hardcore" mode is the way to go IMO.

Cool, that sounds good.

This first playthrough might well turn into The Adventures of Gretch and Her Several Short-Lived Friends.

Gretch is a default character, right? I remember her being very strong.

• Options
    we desperately need a new financial system. we've been using excel alone. we have literally hundreds of spreadsheets we have to pull info from that cannot be combined.

my life is hell.

• Options
    altogether i think its something like 500 spreadsheets that are all interconnected and we have to compile the data from them all.

hell i tell you.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Ahaha

They're going over a sample of debris "it's an alloy, some of the constituent elements aren't found on earth"

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    @Donkey Kong
    am I exempt from chin ups if I know how to break arms

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Unguhhhh...

But I'm not motivated to build an apartment worth of flat pack furniture...

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Unguhhhh...

I've had an unassembled dresser and nightstand sitting in my room for like 5 months :P.

• Options
    Unguhhhh...

cardboard box furniture is very chic these days

• Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    we desperately need a new financial system. we've been using excel alone. we have literally hundreds of spreadsheets we have to pull info from that cannot be combined.

my life is hell.

Would your company be interested in moving to SaaS?

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    spacekungfuman Darklands is fun but I can't figure out how to move the camera during battle. Arrow keys and clicking near the edge of the visible map do not work.

kedinik - have you tried using the numeric key pad? I think that is how you do it. Glad you are enjoying it. The number one tip I can give you is just roll with everything. People die all the time. There is no way to raise them. Instead of reloading everytime, just let them die and recruit new characters (they are everywhere). Playing it like it is a rogue like or on "hardcore" mode is the way to go IMO.

Cool, that sounds good.

Gretch is a default character, right? I remember her being very strong.

Yeah. Expensive platemail, good gear in general, good stats.

I think she took one point of strength damage one time, but maybe that was my imagination.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Since the topic came up, I think this is my most awesome'd post.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26047936/#Comment_26047936
    Fuck it.

whomp-soda.jpg

Unless some of my copyright-violating sausage photoshops edged it out.

If I just spent all day fucking around in photoshop I would probably have all the awesomes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    i have a hunger

twisting my stomach into knots

that my tongue was tied off

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

my life is hell.

Would your company be interested in moving to SaaS?

my company is not interesting in moving.

moving period.

our IT admins at the top are a joke and never want to approve anything new.

we're using all outdated everything.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Since the topic came up, I think this is my most awesome'd post.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26047936/#Comment_26047936
    Fuck it.

whomp-soda.jpg

Unless some of my copyright-violating sausage photoshops edged it out.

If I just spent all day fucking around in photoshop I would probably have all the awesomes.

speaking of copyright, hopefully @rfilyaw doesn't file a DMCA complaint on yo ass.

#NotaNarc

Deebaser on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    Insofar as the Negro is concerned, nothing makes much sense. This was brought home to me in another realm many times when I sought jobs. The foreman of one plant in Mobile, a large brute, allowed me to tell him what I could do. Then he looked me in the face and spoke to me in these words: “No, you couldn’t get anything like that here.”

His voice was not unkind. It was the dead voice one often hears. Determined to see if I could break in somehow, I said: “But if I could do you a better job, and you paid me less than a white man …”

“I’ll tell you … we don’t want you people. Don’t you understand that?”

“I know,” I said with real sadness. “You can’t blame a man for trying at least.”

“No use trying down here,” he said. “We’re gradually getting you people weeded out from the better jobs at this plant. We’re taking it slow, but we’re doing it. Pretty soon we’ll have it so the only jobs you can get here are the ones no white man would have.”

“How can we live?” I asked hopelessly, careful not to give the impression I was arguing.

“That’s the whole point,” he said, looking me square in the eyes.

-- November 21 1959, Mobile, Alabama.

but 1959 was like A MILLION YEARS AGO

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Eddy wrote: »
    Unguhhhh...

cardboard box furniture is very chic these days

Like, just stack the boxes and be like, "here visiting bitches, proof I'm not poor just lazy. Have or build a seat."

redx on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    @Donkey Kong

no

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @jacobkosh - dragonfall is delightful. Love the engine and feel. Love the writing, including the heavy use of descriptive text. In a way it feels like a greatly evolved fallout, gameplay wise. Is it true that it's really short? I've more or less cleared the second mission, and am hoping it keeps going a long time! I keep seeing options I can't select. Do they make a big difference (for future play throughs)? Is the OG campaign (which I of course also own) worth playing?

FYI, I went rifles and shaman in the end. Haste + rifle is brutal.

It's not super short but it's still a $15 indie game. after all; it's about 15-20 hours, maybe? But bear in mind that I am really bad at estimating these sorts of things. What I can say is that there are something like a dozen or fifteen missions in the game, most of them generally about at least as long and complicated as that second mission you just went on and some of them, particularly toward the end, significantly more so.

The untaken options can do anything from help you skip a fight to completely changing the outcome of certain situations/stories. Bear in mind though that like Fallout or Deus Ex, some of them are just different paths to help you reach the same goal. Like, in that mission you've just done (the run-down hotel, right?) there are multiple ways to get upstairs from the bar on the first floor; you don't need to be able to take all of them, just one.

The original game is definitely worth playing but you will see that it is a lot more straightforward and kind of more primitive overall than Dragonfall, because it is less of a full-fledged campaign (although it tells a complete story, don't get me wrong) and more of a demo story to show people what they can make with the content editor. Like, the story takes certain paths specifically so they can show you "look, we have a forest map you can use. Look, we have a graveyard map you can use." Do you know what I mean? But it's a fun kind of hard-boiled murder mystery in the vein of Mike Hammer, so if you go in expecting something like that and not a big-scale story like Dragonfall you will still have plenty of fun.
    Good lord, SKFM is actually enjoying an RPG made after 2010?

Dragonfall telegraphs fairly well when you are approaching "endgame". It will definitely feel like you are progressing toward the climax, so just take your time and enjoy the game. Be sure to do the side missions for the party members, for some added depth.

And if you want to see more of it (and you've already played through Dead Man's Switch, which is an inferior experience, but still okay), you should totally back their Shadowrun Hong Kong Kickstarter going on right now.

Feel free to @ at me if you want any particular answers about the Shadowrun universe in general. I've played Shadowrun Pen and Paper for over 2 decades, and probably on the top ten Shadowrun nerds list for the PA forums. Seriously, I go to conventions to play Shadowrun and stuff. I own a ring with the Shadowrun symbol on it (I don't wear it, but the mere fact of owning it...). There are a few forumers who are more into the Shadowrun fiction than I am, but I think I can count them on my fingers.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Every time some real racist shit gets discussed, redditors come forth with their own anecdotes of racism and it's just like, god damn this televisual world

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my lunch became lunch/dinner because i procrastinated

6 eggs, 3 (organic grass fed!) beef hot dogs, 1/4 onion + garlic sauteed, 2 tbsp butter, 2 oz monteray jack, red peppers, spinach, and a tiny bit of chipotle pepper

mmmmm

food

poo
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    @Donkey Kong

no

tyrannus I was not asking youuu

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    tyrannus wrote: »
    @Donkey Kong

no

tyrannus I was not asking youuu

too bad

stop being lazy!!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    my lunch became lunch/dinner because i procrastinated

6 eggs, 3 (organic grass fed!) beef hot dogs, 1/4 onion + garlic sauteed, 2 tbsp butter, 2 oz monteray jack, red peppers, spinach, and a tiny bit of chipotle pepper

mmmmm

food

I had a soup with noodles, ikea meatballs, corn, sweet potato, chili flakes, eggs and a savory, slightly sweet broth

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh man, the copyrighted sausage. I had forgotten about that awesome episode of forum history.

This discussion has been closed.