Options

Kill Six Billion [Webcomics]

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    ronya wrote: »
    sfp-5-85-for-web.png

Hmm. I wonder if this is somehow due to her anomaly reacting to Cleaver's super-cancer.
    Ugh, that sounds kinda gross... I'd rather think that her "invulnerability" ability has gone into a local and temporary overdrive as a reaction upon "failing".

I really like the artstyle in SFP, it's quite simple though still very detailed, with colouring and such, and lifelike.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Isaac is so anime

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Cue her next appointment where she has to help clean up after they inject samples of her blood into lab rats with various human diseases.

I wonder if Beast ever did that with Wolverine?

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    sfp-5-85-for-web.png

I wonder if the doctor here isn't being dismissive, but forgetful about moonshadow being part of the conversation. As part of her ability's imperception of whatever.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im starting to pick up hints that the main person for Strong Female Protagonist might be gay?

Im catching up and she sure seemed to like complements from the machine lady

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    She could be gay, or could have been flustered at meeting someone she looked up to.
    We'll see

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    She did hit on that mind reader former villain guy

so Beware Of Labels, etc.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Her relationship with Mind Reader Super-Villain and her rejection of Rapid Healing Girl makes me think that she's straight. She might not be, but that's what I'd guess ATM.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    sfp-5-85-for-web.png

I wonder if the doctor here isn't being dismissive, but forgetful about moonshadow being part of the conversation. As part of her ability's imperception of whatever.

It is hard trying to peg exactly how and to what extent Moonshadow's power actually works. "Imperception" (I like the term) obviously works on people in her immediate vicinity as it is the basis for her ability to go invisible in any number of fights. But to be mentally suppressing/erasing yourself from an entire government organization/city/continent/world without even necessarily knowing about them seems absurdly powerful. Now, it might just be that her range is just the city and those outside it have been calling in to investigate Moonshadow but then when the local branch attempts to they become distracted.

Now thinking about it, it probably isn't mentally healthy to be a person who, accidentally or on purpose, mentally erases herself from other people's minds. Hell, she that might have accidentally happened to her family.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Im starting to pick up hints that the main person for Strong Female Protagonist might be gay?

Paladin was her idol in her hero days and right now, Paladin is able to leverage her (Paladin's) biodynamic abilities to make the world a better place while SFP's only able to hit stuff. Similar to Korra in season 4, she's fighting the feeling that she's a hammer in a screwdriver world, and Paladin? She's queen screwdriver in SFP's mind.

• Options
    I need to reread SFP

I kinda skimmed it the firs time through and missed stuff

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    5MRTEms.jpg

Here's $15, maybe invest it or something?

http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/630

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Its a shame this arc of sfp has been so...let's say uneven because the world building and her relationships with her peers have been really neat I think.

But man this one has been a slog

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    kinda disappointed it wasn't penny's fault

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    kinda disappointed it wasn't penny's fault

I like to think it was her fault and the fire department pinned it on some fireworks they found or something

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

She was ogling a dude earlier in the chapter.

• Options
    Its a shame this arc of sfp has been so...let's say uneven because the world building and her relationships with her peers have been really neat I think.

But man this one has been a slog

I think i'd like SFP more if they just removed the hero/actions bits entirely

I just don't think you can make moonshadow anything other than a bad cliche super villain

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain Alison said something about not liking girls after Feral tried kissing her. (Feral said something like 'Wait, you don't like girls?' And Alison said no, before apologizing for responding to the kiss by hurling Feral out of the builing and explaining she hadn't been kissed before- hence the extremely violent reaction.)

I can't find the page while I'm on my phone though.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    darths1153.jpg
    Picture the year 1980. There were no mobile phones, there were no iPods, there were no CDs, there was no Internet. There were barely even personal computers.

Three years earlier, a movie had changed the world. Now, in 1980, the sequel was released, to levels of anticipation never seen before for a film. The Empire Strikes Back.

Picture the crowds of people emerging from the cinemas in 1980. They had just watched one of the most shocking revelations that any audience has ever witnessed. Here's what they were saying about it:

I can't believe it. There's no way Darth Vader could be Luke's father!

No, it can't be true. Vader is lying.

I don't know, what if it is true??

No way! He's got to be lying!

A lot of people simply didn't believe it. Others argued that it was probably true. The thing is: nobody knew. People left that movie shocked, horrified, and not knowing what to believe. And they would not find out the truth for three whole years.

This is one of the most iconic scenes in cinema history, and we wanted to do it justice. We wanted not only to provide a deft joke that would leave you chuckling slightly until the next strip. We wanted not only to twist the story of Star Wars that we all know and love into an affectionate parody that a bunch of unknowing tabletop gamers could have produced by accident. We wanted to to let you - many of you who may not have been around at the time - to let you feel what it was like in 1980, watching The Empire Strikes Back as a new release.

That thing you've been feeling since the previous strip? That's what it felt like.

(Oh, and don't worry. We're not going to make you wait three whole years.)

cB557 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    BREAKING-CAT-NEWS-90.png

• Options
    Oh nooooooo

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    THWUMP is not quite SHUNK but the context makes it funnier to me.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    SIR FIGARO NEWTON.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Reading the bios on the BCN cats provides startling insights into the comics themselves

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Fun fact, Wonder Woman's creator was an ardent feminist and matriarchist who also invented the lie detector test.

I er I'm not sure he qualifies as a feminist so much anymore.

And not in the "what was liberal is now conservative because of time" way.

How do you figure?

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Webcomic thread, I'm thinking about doing an archive post of It Hurts! What do y'all think

• Options
    archive posts are lame:

4cEw9PR.gif

http://www.pbfcomics.com/29/

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Archive post my butt

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Webcomic thread, I'm thinking about doing an archive post of It Hurts! What do y'all think

What's "it Hurts", precious?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I'd archive post the One Punch Man webcomic except chapters 4-27 are untranslated and fuck trying to frankenstein together something from the manga translation

maybe I'd do it if I actually knew any Japanese, but since that's a no-go I'll just post some Kawaiikochan instead
    I2ab8Ps.jpg
    HAPPY GUILTY LIFESTYLE
    EL-CHAN’S “LOVE AND BERRY”

Long-played gamesoft “Exard.” We continue to move with our courage. Has it bothered you lately? El-chan’s “Ichigo Bakuhatsu.” Thanks to that Maji-chan, the answer is simple. But…!!

• Options
    I'm pretty sure posting scans from a comic that none of us have bought would be illegal/against the rules

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Neveron wrote: »
    I'd archive post the One Punch Man webcomic

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Oh

Huh

Completely skipped over that word somehow

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Webcomics - Against the law!

• Options
    If someone did translate or find a translated version of the webcomic and did a archive thing that would be real cool. I've tried to read the webcomic but without knowing what is being said I didn't get much out of it.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    If someone starts posting One-punch Man then I'll start posting Tower of God and wait a second now this is the anime thread

• Options
    Is it good?

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Man I haven't ready Tower of God in ages. I think I stopped somewhere when the guy with the other buff demon arm showed up.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    There is a redraw of One-punch Man by the artist from Eyeshield 21 that is currently ongoing and getting translated and it is pretty good.

This discussion has been closed.