Options

Midnight Webcomics Club

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    the last metroid game was some patriarchal bullshit

that I refuse to acknowledge as anything other than amateur hour writing

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    6'3" and almost 200 lbs? That's...kind of skeletal. I'm 6'5" and 230 lbs and honestly while I could stand to lose ten pounds or so even now I'm still considered fairly skinny.

I'm 6'4 and 200lbs. And thats with some extra around the waist. I used to be at 185ish. Skinny sure, but I have never been what could be described as skeletal.

When I was around 200 lbs though I was skeletal. Not to the point of bones jutting out, but I could reveal my rib cage fairly well if I inhaled deeply. Pants literally did not come in my size at the time except when special-ordered from online, unhemmed. Even then a belt was sometimes used.

May just be my body type though.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    6'3" and almost 200 lbs? That's...kind of skeletal. I'm 6'5" and 230 lbs and honestly while I could stand to lose ten pounds or so even now I'm still considered fairly skinny.

It puts her BMI at 25, which isn't really skeletal at all.

BMI is approximate. Depending on how much muscle you have your build can vary widely

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Other M isn't canon

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

BMI is approximate. Depending on how much muscle you have your build can vary widely

yeah but it's gonna be really hard for anyone with a BMI of 25 to be skeletal, it's on the heavier side of the healthy bmi area

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I just think it's weird to refer to it as "current canon"

it's only canon for that game, really

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Other M isn't canon

please tell me this is the official word

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Paladin wrote: »

yeah but it's gonna be really hard for anyone with a BMI of 25 to be skeletal, it's on the heavier side of the healthy bmi area

BMI really doesn't work past a certain height.

• Options
    Metroid Fusion had plot, and Samus had a healthier relationship with Adam despite Adam actually being her CO's personality used as a template for an AI.

That is how bad Other M is

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I just think it's weird to refer to it as "current canon"

it's only canon for that game, really

Please don't misunderstand

I fully expect it to be retconned because it's the Bad Game and it's full of bullshit that made fans go absolutely froth-mouthed insane with rage

Me more than anyone

MORE THAN ANYONE

But the point of the game was very much to "set the record straight" on Samus, and that's where we're at until it's taken off that state

Assuming you accept a strict Metroid canon in the first place

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I think we're allowed to reject stuff that's real effing bad

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Being a 6'3" character in a difficult platformer is more of a blessing than a curse anyway

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    The only thing I accept as canon from Other M is that Ridley is voiced by slowbeef

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    In any conversation outside of this one I pretend Other M doesn't exist

I just find it amusing that one of the things they did for her character was cut a foot off of her height

But I think that's been the intention since Zero Mission

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    if I've learned nothing else from reading superhero comics, it's that choosing the canon you like and disregarding the canon you don't is the only way to survive

• Options
    Actually let me be fair and say that Other M did get one thing right in adding a pretty cool black guy to the cast, which is something Nintendo as a whole needs. I sincerely wanted Higgs in Smash.

(also he should be shorter than Samus)

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    jbb0n773efnv.jpg

He has a point.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Clarku Kentu

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    now there's a character I can relate with

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    dc20150209.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Death needs to learn the meaning of personal space.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    have coastal mainland high schools really adopted the ultrashort skirt thing from japan/korea/taiwan

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    this page has reached acceptable amounts of gay

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Monster-Pulse

CMCoBEm.png

• Options
    Stand Still. Stay Silent.

how's it hanging mikke?

TopFDp2.jpg

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Dangerously Chloe

Kiss of death, baby.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Don't think it's going to learn it from a couple of succubus'.

Krieghund on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Double dose SSSSSS and pokeMonster Pulse? Now I can go to sleep content and in peace.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    have coastal mainland high schools really adopted the ultrashort skirt thing from japan/korea/taiwan

Even most of japan hasn't actually adopted the ultrashort skirt thing.

But stylistically it looks good when you're drawing it, and it's great for being able to draw motion and lankiness.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Don't think it's going to learn it from a couple of succubus'.

I imagine succubi and incubi operate completely under consent

that's sorta their thing, after all

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I havent really played the metroid ges so I actually didn't realize Samus was supposed to be extremely tall. That seems like a problem for curling up into a tiny ball.

• Options
    space bird magic

she's turned into like, energy or something

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Dubh wrote: »
    Other M isn't canon

please tell me this is the official word

It invaildates the Prime games through its portrayals of ridley and the pirates and oddly some of Fusion regarding Adam oh and the Gravity suit isn't series accurate. It's easier to ignore it than try to explain it

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

I'm 6'4 and 200lbs. And thats with some extra around the waist. I used to be at 185ish. Skinny sure, but I have never been what could be described as skeletal.

When I was around 200 lbs though I was skeletal. Not to the point of bones jutting out, but I could reveal my rib cage fairly well if I inhaled deeply. Pants literally did not come in my size at the time except when special-ordered from online, unhemmed. Even then a belt was sometimes used.

May just be my body type though.

200lbs is like 90kg. I'm 6'5", and I was only what I would call skeletal when I was around 65-70kg (which I was for a good while, put on some weight now though).

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I think the lesson we should take from this is that the BMI scale is basically rubbish.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    okay, I quoted that post, but then I changed "BMI scale" to "Project M's Metroid: Other M"

fuckin

snap

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    i-gg8XVW5-1050x10000.jpg

hahaha what

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    00001473.jpg
    A good day!

This discussion has been closed.