Options

[chat] with Tay Sway

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This is a nice house except for the terrible outside color choice. Love the wine dungeon.

http://m.mlsli.com/Mobile/Listing/ListingDetail.aspx?listing=143764803&search=13f7a441-af5e-4db0-9c81-ed3c45d00485&first=1

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    some pretty landscapes there too

Pretty sure they are flying above the canyons near the grand canyon.

didn't know anywhere by the grand canyon was green

It can be Spring. If you get some rain, which does happen you get some grass for a bit.

7341828520_aec63d088c.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I find myself wishing there was a Minecraft mod that prevented enemies from spawning within a certain distance of player placed stuff

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Yeah but unless they announce something cool for it, its just another HMD.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2015

It's valve, not facebook. That seems like a big deal on its own.

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    That Valve/HTC vr set is coming out fast. December 2015? Huh.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    This is a nice house except for the terrible outside color choice. Love the wine dungeon.

http://m.mlsli.com/Mobile/Listing/ListingDetail.aspx?listing=143764803&search=13f7a441-af5e-4db0-9c81-ed3c45d00485&first=1

like almost always I hate the outside of it, but real nice inside

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    All right I've had it

I'm buying underwear from flint & tinder for whatever they are charging. Like $30 or whatever.

• Options
    I find myself wishing there was a Minecraft mod that prevented enemies from spawning within a certain distance of player placed stuff

you're supposed to torch

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular

As silly as the "Half Life 3 Confirmed" stuff is, I'm gonna go ahead and say that HL3 releases at the end of the year in conjunction with this bad boy.

The HL games have always been decent shooters, but what has always set them apart was their new takes on storytelling (A fully-voiced shooter with an actual storyline? Not really been done before) with Half Life and the physics engine of HL2.

HL3 will be VR. I'll eat my own cock if it isn't the first big name game released and completely designed for VR.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Also, I feel like I'd get the worst headache looking at Samsung's amoled screens while gaming, so using HTC screens is a big improvement over rift.

• Options
    I would like it if there was a bit more reason and rhyme behind monster spawning than just popping up in dark corners

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

It's valve, not facebook. That seems like a big deal on its own.

John Carmack > anything Valve could possibly do.

I dont care that Facebook is going to want to do some social stuff with it, not going to stop it from being a games device.

• Options
    but then again I'm mostly thinking about something not minecraft when I'm thinking of ways to improve minecraft

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    why can't more movies be skyfall

• Options

As silly as the "Half Life 3 Confirmed" stuff is, I'm gonna go ahead and say that HL3 releases at the end of the year in conjunction with this bad boy.

The HL games have always been decent shooters, but what has always set them apart was their new takes on storytelling (A fully-voiced shooter with an actual storyline? Not really been done before) with Half Life and the physics engine of HL2.

HL3 will be VR. I'll eat my own cock if it isn't the first big name game released and completely designed for VR.

Bet you its Left for Dead 3

• Options

You must really want to eat your own cock.

• Options
    Watching Bourdain's episode on Montana.

It just makes me homesick for Colorado.

head1.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Bet you its Left for Dead 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    cock is great

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    All right I've had it

I'm buying underwear from flint & tinder for whatever they are charging. Like $30 or whatever.

Are you trying to set your genitals on fire?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    its more of a side tho not really a main meal

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    but then again I'm mostly thinking about something not minecraft when I'm thinking of ways to improve minecraft

I am often guilty of this

Turns out Minecraft just isn't quite the game I want!

It just got tantalizingly close, and it sparked my imagination re: changes to make that could get it that much closer to my dream game

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

you're supposed to torch

This doesn't solve the DeathCreepers From Above issue in my beautiful courtyard tho

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i wonder how much of the oculus sdk that will use

interestin

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

valve were partnered with oculus until very recently

theres been a huge vr room in valve for liek 3 years now or something

they have basically the same level of tech afaik atm

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

interestin
    Considering they worked with Oculus for at least a year, I'd say it's pretty likely it's similar; I mean, Steam VR is based around working with the Oculus.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options

You must really want to eat your own cock.

I mean

Don't we all

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    John Carmack > anything Valve could possibly do.

I fully expect the two devices to be equal competitors.
    And Source totes beat id tech 4.
    HL2-D3.gif

• Options

Wonder if it will light some fire under the Rift's ass. I mean Facebook has kind of done that but this might push them out more.

How much do you think the VR room in Valve is used for Gaben to swim in an ocean of coins all Scroodge McDuck style?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    paper titled "Ephaptic coupling to endogenous electric field activity: why bother?"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25265066

quite right paper... quite right...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Lichdom: Battlemage is a bit repetitive...

But it's very fun, oh my gosh.

• Options

interestin

Valve is making essentially the direct x of VR HMD's so I assume they are close but all gaming HMD's will be it sounds like.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I love to set up a pol of dark muck, then setting people on fire then dropping a goddamn meteor on their asses.

• Options

Tech is better at the moment:
    The Vive will pair with something called the Steam VR base station, which lets users walk around a virtual space instead of using a controller. A pair of the base stations can "track your physical location in spaces up to 15 feet by 15 feet," HTC says.

eff Gattis of HTC said the Vive will be so light "you can wear it for a long time without feeling weighed down," and will be available with wireless controllers that enable hand tracking for playing games or manipulating virtual objects.

The hardware features two 1200-by-1080 pixel resolution displays refreshing at 90 frames per second, which means you'll be given a clear, impressive image with little stutter. It also means you're going to need to own a very powerful PC to run VR games at that resolution and at that framerate. If reports that the display will wrap around your entire field of view are true, that's also an impressive leg up on the Vive's competition. We'll be able to test all this when we go hands-on during GDC this week.

So, you can walk around with it if you buy the extra things, it's lighter than the oculus, it has a better FOV, AND nearly double the display specs.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    skfm let's hang out.

do you like taylor swift and old rpgs?

because that's all I like

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How many of these silly VR headsets are going to be out by 2016? Three?

• Options
    versus current oculus dk sure, but internal oculus they would be almost da same unless something surprising has happened and they forgot they were targeting a higher fov

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    How many of these silly VR headsets are going to be out by 2016? Three?

Four

I'm cookin' something up

This discussion has been closed.