Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hmm, wonder if this means anything for The Sims? Is that still under the Maxis label?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Hmm, wonder if this means anything for The Sims? Is that still under the Maxis label?

According to that article, it's handled by a separate studio

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Maxis has been dead for a very long time.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    el_vicio wrote: »

Now give the SimCity franchise to someone who will do something good with it

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The Sims team was spun off into their own studio back in 2006

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »

Now give the SimCity franchise to someone who will do something good with it

ha ha ha ha ha

ha

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I was looking forward to the new Sim City so much. It looked so pretty! And it even seemed like a pretty good game from watching streams of it.

Really wish it hadn't had the very fundamental problems that it ended up having though. Lot of stuff that wasn't super easy, or possible, to fix

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Yeah the Simcity reboot got launched while it was still on fire.

They pulled some monumentally idiotic decisions while designing it though, and then were very misleading about why those decisions were made.

• Options
    Also Doorkickers is on sale for the next couple of minutes on GoG for $8.00

http://www.gog.com/

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Oh man now it's Alan Wake American Nightmare for like $1.50

Go get that thing

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    So is there word on other controllers working on Steam's streaming box?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Speaking of controllers, Microsoft will finally be releasing an Xbox One controller wireless adapter for PC: http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/4/8149597/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-for-windows

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey guys, payday 2 is on a big sale because they don't want their current hypetrain promotion to die on the vine. but that means most the DLC is 75% off and the base game is 80% off.

and the GOTY edition is like twenty odd dollars and has pretty much all the DLC.

So if you've been thinking "hey maybe payday 2 is still worth looking into" well, get it cheap and try it out!

seriously we need more people in our crime crew to do fake crimes.

• Options
    Oh man

I've been thinking of getting into that

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Did they ever unerf stealth? I rage uninstalled after all the stupid barriers to entry they put in for that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i believe the GOTY version gets you everything up to the release of clover. everything after that you have to buy, but for twenty odd bucks, it's a god price the for amount of shit you get.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I wish I lived in a world in which I could get into Payday

It seems like exactly my jam, but alas

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Did they ever unerf stealth? I rage uninstalled after all the stupid barriers to entry they put in for that

when did they wreck stealth for you? cause they've made several tweaks to it but if you mean not being able to kill or capture all the guards on most jobs, they have no intention of actually changing that.

• Options
    Okay I just bought it

Where do I sign up for crimes

• Options
    send me a friend request on steam if you haven't, and then i will i will invite you tot he stem group we rarely use and then constantly send you invites to do crime

you can find me here http://steamcommunity.com/id/Melding/

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

when did they wreck stealth for you? cause they've made several tweaks to it but if you mean not being able to kill or capture all the guards on most jobs, they have no intention of actually changing that.

I think the pager nerfs?Was that a thing? where it depended on how many people you had with you, rather than just being 4?

Also I vaguely remeber something about missions other than the FIB respawning guards?

Basically, they made it a lot harder to solo, and you needed someone else to spot (and 2 other people to whine about stealth taking too long and how they wanted to shoot mans NAO)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Payday 2 is a good game with some bad ideas holding it back from being a great game.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    another big problem with stealth was how many perks and other stuff you needed to do it. I mean I appreciate that stealthing is a playstyle and it shouldn't necessarily be available to just any build, but you needed to put like 40 levels into it before it was even possible to beat a level

and that went hand in hand with how grindy the game is/was in general, which makes it kind of a nightmare to spend all your perks and money on stealth only to find out it's not fun and you're not good at it

(plus frequent nerfs to an already difficult stealth mechanic)

e: more succinctly, my opinion is that payday 2 feels a lot like the devs think I spend 8 hours a day playing it

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Payday 2 becomes a better game when you think of it as taking place in the middle of a zombie-like outbreak except people get turned into cops instead of the undead.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Cello got my Payday 2 for Christmas, I really should give it a shot sometime.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I'll hop in on some Payday 2 action, time permitting.

• Options
    And yeah i've mostly only been playing with a friend of mine but i'll absolutely play with other people around here. As long as it's known beforehand that I play like butts and to adjust expectations accordingly.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Only play loud missions, develop a tawdry love affair for the Bronco revolver

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I just learned that Valve takes a 30% cut of every game on Steam

That's...a lot

I kinda don't blame EA anymore

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Now I feel bad for buying indie games on 50% sale

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Also, wonder what's going to happen to Simcity 5 if you want to play it - did they remove the always-on server requirement?

• Options
    Shotguns in Payday 2 are amazing. Each pellet does full damage, so as long as one pellet hits a guy that's all you need. I hate shotguns in most games because they are usually crap unless you're right up on someone, but in this I don't think i'll ever not be using the Locomotive as my sidearm.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there is yet another five nights at freddies out. that's what 3 months since the last one?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

That's...a lot

turns out monopolies are bad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I still think the design philosophy behind the most recent SimCity has merit, maybe as a secondary multiplayer game mode instead of the entire game however.

The idea that multiple people are handling different cities in a region, and each one has to rely on and support the other cities by focusing in different directions is interesting and cool.

But doesn't really work when I just want to play some SimCity-ass SimCity

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

That's...a lot

It's worth noting that this is a fairly standard cut as I understand it

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

That's...a lot

It's worth noting that this is a fairly standard cut as I understand it

Plus, check out feelgood stories like Introversion basically being saved by a Steam sale

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

That's...a lot

They're doing the distribution, hosting, patching, some marketing and sometimes the multiplayer components of these games.

• Options
    Also how many of the games you bought on sale would you have bought, ever? How many of them have you only head of because they're out on Steam?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

This discussion has been closed.