As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Now with Broma, the magic dragon

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I kind of want to play dark sector, now, just because.

Yeah, I was going to buy it but then I saw the achievement list had multiplayer achievements. :|

that's not really a reason not to play it. I don't care much about cheevos, and it's eleven canadian moose moneys, so it's all good.

lol, yeah. to each his/her own. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    So how does everyone honestly level new stuff? Because it's really frustrating going into 18-23ish missions and plinking stuff for nothing just because you can't put any mods in a weapon. Do you usually run with a level 30 strong weapon and then 2 you're leveling to let them gain secondary exp? Is there some trick? Do I just go into a defense mission and leech off dudes? What's the dealyo.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    JAEF wrote: »
    So how does everyone honestly level new stuff? Because it's really frustrating going into 18-23ish missions and plinking stuff for nothing just because you can't put any mods in a weapon. Do you usually run with a level 30 strong weapon and then 2 you're leveling to let them gain secondary exp? Is there some trick? Do I just go into a defense mission and leech off dudes? What's the dealyo.

To level a weapon I generally always carry a stronger weapon, and let leech XP level the weaker one until I can get a few mods into it. Doing this with others is faster, so I may pick a low level endless mission and just dick around with the weapon and help some lower level players along, and pull out my kill weapon if needed. I've found that killing Phorid repeatedly is good for this too.

If you really don't feel like doing anything though just play Frost and spam Snow Globes on a T4D Run. Or Vauban on an ODD. The party will do all the work while you just have to pop a globe every now and then. You could just use your strong primary to help along too but yeah.

edit: desecrate spammer duty as nekros on a t4survival or ods also can be effective.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The fastest way is probably through XP share in high level defense. To do this without being totally dead weight, you'll need to bring an effective level 30 melee or secondary weapon, or play a frame that has powerful damage/utility abilities and doesn't need weapons.

Babysitting the point with Frost or Vauban is definitely a solid way to go.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Got home, grabbed Chroma out of the oven, people on were doing a T2Defense and were looking for one spot so I tagged along

Was adjusting equips in a hurry and went to appearance: "random colors, why not"

08247d73be.jpgf22f6af586.jpg

"dear god what have I done"

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Scosglen wrote: »
    The fastest way is probably through XP share in high level defense. To do this without being totally dead weight, you'll need to bring an effective level 30 melee or secondary weapon, or play a frame that has powerful damage/utility abilities and doesn't need weapons.

Well yeah. But generally speaking an explicit request for a Frost, Vauban, or Nekros is a job run so the only thing you're expected to do is spam snowglobe, bastille/vortex or desecrate. So it doesn't matter what else you bring to the table gear wise.

edit: Or a fast nova (slow can work too), but taking on those types of requests can help you level w/o worrying so much about other stuff.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    Got home, grabbed Chroma out of the oven, people on were doing a T2Defense and were looking for one spot so I tagged along

Was adjusting equips in a hurry and went to appearance: "random colors, why not"

Willy Wonka's dreams of creating a living being entirely out of taffy have gone too far.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ALso, if you're jobbing snow globe make sure to set your energy color to black or something dark because nobody wants to spend the later part of a long run shooting blindly out of neon orange or something.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Thinking about it, is it based on percentage of max energy, how how crazy is the rift sigil on volt prime?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

08247d73be.jpgf22f6af586.jpg

As severen says, you've weaponized your color scheme

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    OK, now I have 4 furises. Can I bring them all at once? :rotate:

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, dark sector isn't bad. Control scheme is iffy but you get used to it.

Do not replace your starter pistol, though. It's basically a low powered sniper rifle, in terms of accuracy.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So I guess now that's it's been live for a bit, how's the Law of Retribution? Aside from the obvious things stemming from the enemy level range, anyway.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular

Yeah, I was going to buy it but then I saw the achievement list had multiplayer achievements. :|

that's not really a reason not to play it. I don't care much about cheevos, and it's eleven canadian moose moneys, so it's all good.
    A better reason not to play it is that it's a bad game that is not worth bothering with even if you got it for like $2 in some weird bundle. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    Law of Retribution requires some coordination and teamwork, which is nice, but the whole level 70-80 enemies being able to one-shot a lot of frames is still silly

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Hey,

I've played this game a couple of times here and there. I am still a big noob. Where can I get some starter tips. Is there a guild or clan to join? Any particular times that people play?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Law of Retribution is a cake walk if everybody uses well modded frames of the right type. Coordination isn't too hard, take a couple minutes at the start of each section to explain how it works and what everybody's role will be and it goes pretty smoothly.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    This is my weaponized color scheme.

EkslHZV.jpg

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Saw this guy a while back. Didn't know he'd be a trend setter.

lumwdU1.jpg

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    warder808 wrote: »
    Hey,

I've played this game a couple of times here and there. I am still a big noob. Where can I get some starter tips. Is there a guild or clan to join? Any particular times that people play?

You can just ask to join our clan if you're on PC or PS4. Make sure to leave your IGN and platform of choice if you do. I should note that if you're on a console, you might have a harder time. I don't know how active the PS4 clan is, and I don't know if we even have an Xbone clan (off the top of my head, tastydonuts and dporowski are the only xbone players we have here that I can remember who play on that console).

You can ask any questions you might have here or in clan chat and people would be happy to answer.

Playing times is a bit harder to answer, but I can give a basic frame of reference. I'm in EST (so basically DE time), and I usually see at least a few people on from afternoon to late evening, so roughly 2 or 3 PM to around midnight.

A few general tips might be something like:

If you haven't already spent it, don't blow your 50 starter plat on cosmetics, and instead use it on slots. Either one warframe slot (20p each) and four weapon slots (12p for a set of 2 each) or two warframe slots (I'd recommend the first option though, it gives you a bit more elbow room). There's also the option of dropping it on a potato or two, but that's only something I'd recommend if you're absolutely sure that you wanna keep the thing you used it on, because there's no way to get a potato back once it's been applied.

Don't be quick to throw away your starter frame. You starting weapons aren't amazing, but your frame is still pretty good. Not to mention that depending on who you picked, getting them back if you change your mind can be a hassle.

A good set of weapons to replace your starters might be the Karak, Orthos and Lex. Lex is one of the few weapons that can be outright bought for credits, and the other two can be easily farmed up by newer players, though you'll need to hit MR 2 before getting them.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

I just unequip everything I'm not leveling, silence one weapon asap, and then spam spy missions with Loki. Has the added benefits of getting sellable dual-stat element mods. It does require patience and some familiarity with each data vault though.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

Depends on what I'm leveling:

Frame: Running mid level survivals until I hit 10ish then I just play dark sector on Ceres. I don't wanna bring a low level frame to ceres/pluto because toxic damage will pritty much oneshot you.

Weps: 2 low level and 1 good just use the maxed one and run missions like normal. If I wanna rush them I do intercepts/mobile def with a frame that kills stuff instantly because the faster you kill stuff the faster they respawn.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Lork wrote: »

A better reason not to play it is that it's a bad game that is not worth bothering with even if you got it for like $2 in some weird bundle. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

Nah, it's decent.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    you can name your different builds?

You can name them all kinds of different things

tir6yozc3762.jpg

• Options
    Lork wrote: »

Nah, it's decent.

Yeah, that's what I've heard about it. Just don't want to eat the 800/1000. I might buy it when I get my completion % back over 90% but yeah... with Halo:MCC and a few other games, plus my standing backlog it's not a priority.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I'm not one for naming creativity.

My loadouts are:
    "Loki Prime"
    "Rhino Prime"
    "Farmers" (hydroid and Nekros)
    "Defenders" (frost prime and vauban)
    "Wild Cards" (Mesa, Nova, other frames I don't use often)

• Options

My loadouts are:
    "Loki Prime"
    "Rhino Prime"

Beats mine I got:

Default 1

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options

My loadouts are:
    "Loki Prime"
    "Rhino Prime"

Mine are "Farm", "Valkyr", "Saryn", "Nova", and "Mag"... at least we're not default! :P

• Options
    Well default 1 is the most epic layout ever, like legit it makes corpus run. Greenieerere surrender. Infested hide and corrupted enslaved.

It's Limbo with karyst.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    you can name your different builds?

You can name them all kinds of different things
    tir6yozc3762.jpg

I see you've made a Trinity loadout.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Actually I don't have Trinity

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Well. I'll start with I play on the PC. I played the game in early days. Seemed cool but there wasn't a lot of meat on the bones. I would check in on it every couple of months and it didn't make much visible progress in my eyes.

But Holy Crap!

The way the game looks now to the last time I played is leaps and bounds an improvement. It looks like a real game now. Last time I played you didn't have a ship/homebase. The tutorial was laughable, the hacking was different. It is still bad about telling you where to go, but it is a little better.

My ign is Rezin8r.

I actually played 4 or 5 missions in a row, and it didn't feel like a slog.

Besides looking for fun people to play with, my next question would be for a suggestion on controls?

How do the PC people set up their keys? It seems like there are a couple of commands that make the controls a little unwieldy. Sprinting, sliding and the melee attack is difficult. Or do people just plug in their xbox controllers?

Thanks in advance

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Well. I'll start with I play on the PC. I played the game in early days. Seemed cool but there wasn't a lot of meat on the bones. I would check in on it every couple of months and it didn't make much visible progress in my eyes.

But Holy Crap!

The way the game looks now to the last time I played is leaps and bounds an improvement. It looks like a real game now. Last time I played you didn't have a ship/homebase. The tutorial was laughable, the hacking was different. It is still bad about telling you where to go, but it is a little better.

My ign is Rezin8r.

Besides looking for fun people to play with, my next question would be for a suggestion on controls?

How do the PC people set up their keys? It seems like there are a couple of commands that make the controls a little unwieldy. Sprinting, sliding and the melee attack is difficult. Or do people just plug in their xbox controllers?

Thanks in advance

My key setup is basically the default, but I have melee on RMB, aim on a Mouse Thumb button, and crouch on E because I use it all the time and contorting my hand to constantly toggle Ctrl was tedious.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options

But Holy Crap!

My ign is Rezin8r.

Thanks in advance

I think I have everything set to default (at least, I don't remember fiddling with the controls). For sliding, I just hit V, since that toggles crouch, so I don't need to hold it like I would with Ctrl. This makes doing the slide attack super easy, since the only buttons I need to hold are W and shift. I believe you can set sprinting to be toggled as well. For melee, if you don't like it on E, you could try putting it on a mouse button. Not sure how that might affect shooting/channeling/aiming though, so make sure you've got that all in order if you go that route.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Thanks to Garrick/Trelic for a Terminal Velocity. Definitely is worth the slot on my Penta.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    One of the Chroma parts takes two argon crystals. So of course nearly 20 void runs yields only one.

• Options
    Dartboy wrote: »
    One of the Chroma parts takes two argon crystals. So of course nearly 20 void runs yields only one.

But what void runs? Shouldn't be to hard to get if you do survival or def.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »

But Holy Crap!

My ign is Rezin8r.

Thanks in advance

My key setup is basically the default, but I have melee on RMB, aim on a Mouse Thumb button, and crouch on E because I use it all the time and contorting my hand to constantly toggle Ctrl was tedious.

See, my pinkie tip rests on shift and I just lower the rest of it and use the middle/bottom part of my pinkie to hit ctrl. It's super easy and feels kind of natural to run with the tip of the pinkie and then follow through with the slide by just moving the rest of the pinkie down.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular

When I'm on see if I can join you in a defense or something because I have a 200+% strength pilfersing swarm hydroid which could help.

• Options

When I'm on see if I can join you in a defense or something because I have a 200+% strength pilfersing swarm hydroid which could help.

So then we need your hydroid buff the rhino buff and limbo and mesa. Keep mesa buffed and in the void and it should be easy peasy!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.