As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I am going to get AeternoBlade this time

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I remember in the early days of emulation, the Rockman & Forte ROM was often labeled "Mega Man 9". It reused a lot of art assets from MM8, and I actually thought MM&B was the better game of the two.

A shame that the only legit way to play it in the US is the inferior GBA port.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Yea, I have the GBA port of it. It's still fun, and much better than MM8. The level design of 8 was just awful.

Also the JUMP JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE SLIDE! God I hated that.

The worse part about the GBA MM & Bass was that it was so zoomed in that cheap deaths happened a lot.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I was hoping that since the Virtual Console had a couple of "imports", that they would've released the SNES version since they already did the translation for the GBA version.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I remember in the early days of emulation, the Rockman & Forte ROM was often labeled "Mega Man 9". It reused a lot of art assets from MM8, and I actually thought MM&B was the better game of the two.

Or you can modify your SNES. It's really easy, actually.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    It's a snap...literally. :snap:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RockinX wrote: »

Well, legit and in English.

• Options

Well, legit and in English.

I'd rather have it in Japanese than a sloppy translation job like what they did with the GBA port.

It's Mega Man, anyway, you don't need to read.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I remember the arguments on the old Mega Man fansites that Rockman and Forte was never going to get translated because the collectible Robot CDs had too much Japanese text.

Never seen it myself, but I remember reading that the comments in the original game's code would refer to itself as Rockman 8.5

• Options
    Yeah, I never cared about the story, but it was annoying checking with a guide to understand everything in the store.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Looks like a demo is coming next week
    Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (demo coming on April 30): Recruit your Mushroom Kingdom team, match colorful orbs and defeat opponents. Plus any progress you make in the demo can be transferred to the full Nintendo 3DS game. Check out game details here: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Bydi-gOm4PyzWMDO-FUXaj1EkAUALJ51

Just a quick heads up that this PR snippet is thoroughly wrong about progress in the demo transferring to the full game. The demo is only on the Mario half, and it consists of just two stages, an Intro and an Expert stage. It only took a few minutes to download, and it showed off the actual gem matching gameplay, but it didn't give any indication of how the collection mechanic works and there is clearly no progress to transfer over.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The Wii U eShop is rocking the fuck out today. This should just be the default music I think.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I never cared about the story, but it was annoying checking with a guide to understand everything in the store.

Real men play without using the store or Robot Master weapons.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Another Mega May deal huh? Always wanted to try out Mega Man & Bass, I thought that was a SNES game though.

Rockman and Forte was originally a Super Famicom game that was released only in Japan, but later ported to GBA in 2002 and released in NA and PAL in 2003.

And it was originally released AFTER Mega Man 8 hit the original Playstation. Wacky.

If I remember correctly, they wanted to offer something for those who couldn't afford a PlayStation.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I remember people saying nice things about Sin & Punishment back in the Wii-dominion, so when I saw it was ons sale I figured 'hey let see a review of this game.'
    IGN was top of the google page.
    It only needed to say Treasure and Shooter.

I love Treasure since Dynamite Heady and want to own every game they make.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Sin & Punishment Wii just came in mail for me the other day. Looks like I will have fun...one day when I am done with other games that I have bought. For now, it goes atop the slowly accumulating horde.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    Sin & Punishment Wii just came in mail for me the other day. Looks like I will have fun...one day when I am done with other games that I have bought. For now, it goes atop the slowly accumulating horde.

I got it two years ago and haven't finished it either, but it's awesome and it reminds me of a Sega arcade game.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular

I got it two years ago and haven't finished it either, but it's awesome and it reminds me of a Sega arcade game.

Treasure lives for this. Great, hard but fair gameplay, epic boss fights. I am loving it!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

High Strangeness – $9.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Metal Marines – $7.99

Mega Man & Bass – $7.99

Wii U DLC

Zen Pinball 2

Wii U Demo

– Splatoon Global Testfire – Get a taste of Turf War! To celebrate the upcoming launch of the Splatoon game on May 29, we’re offering an early chance to get your feet wet (with ink) in the Splatoon Global Testfire! Download the free demo, jump online and fight it out in fast and furious four-on-four Turf War battles. This global event will only be active during a few short time periods between May 8 and May 9. Don’t miss this early chance to get inked!

Event times: (You can only play during these times, which are designed to accommodate people around the world.)
    ● Friday, May 8, 8-9 p.m. PT
    ● Saturday, May 9, 4-5 a.m. PT
    ● Saturday, May 9, Noon-1 p.m. PT

In addition, to help fans start playing as soon as possible, we’re offering a new buying option that lets you pre-load the game before it launches. Here’s how it works: Starting today, if you pre-purchase the game in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, it will pre-load the game to your system so you’ll be able to play after a small game update when it launches on May 29. Be one of the first to play!

– Trine Enchanted Edition

3DS Retail

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker – $39.99

3DS Pre-load

Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition – To help fans start playing as soon as possible, starting today, we’re offering a new buying option that lets you pre-load the game before it launches. Here’s how it works: If you pre-purchase the game in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, it will pre-load the game. That means you’ll be able to play after a small game update when it launches! As an added bonus, those who purchase the game in the Nintendo eShop between now and 11:59 p.m. PT on May 31 will receive a free Immortal Dragon Relic Present Code! The relic will be available when the game launches. In the meantime, don’t forget to download the free special demo that is now available in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. You can try out the Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition game before it launches on May 22.

3DS Download

Bloo Kid 2 – $3.99 Johnny Dynamite – $4.99

3DS Demo

The Legend of Dark Witch

eShop Sales

Wii U and 3DS

– SteamWorld Dig on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is up to 55 percent off (reduced to $4.49 each) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 21. – Angry Birds Star Wars on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 50 percent off until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 11.

Wii U

– Trine Series Fan Discount – Trine Enchanted Edition and Trine 2: Director’s Cut are each up to 50 percent off until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28. As a bonus, if you own either game, you’ll receive an additional 20 percent off of the other game during the sale period.
    – Puddle is 75 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
    – Dolphin Up is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
    – GravBlocks+ is 49 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.50) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 17.

3DS

– Brunch Panic, Kami and Sweet Memories – Blackjack from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
    – Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is 20 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $39.99) from 9 a.m. PT on May 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 25.
    – Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
    – Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is 37 percent off (reduced from $8 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 9 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.

Price Reductions

Wii U

– Hello Kitty Kruisers is reduced to $9.99 (from $19.95) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 8.

3DS

– Balloon Pop Remix, Johnny Hotshot, Johnny Impossible and Johnny Kung Fu are reduced to $2.99 (from $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 5.
    – Samurai Sword Destiny and Zombie Slayer Diox are reduced to $2.99 (from $5.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 5.
    – Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest is reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 5.
    – Scarygirl Illustration Kit is reduced to $2.99 (from $5.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 7.
    – Tangram Attack is reduced to $1.49 (from $2.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 7.

Activities

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Watt’s Up?” Tournament – See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world. The new “Watt’s Up?” tournament runs from May 8 to May 10. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications on future tournaments, and click here for more information about multiplayer tournaments. Good luck, agents!

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So is the Zen Pinball 2 DLC the Portal table? Because I want to buy the shot out of that :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So is the Zen Pinball 2 DLC the Portal table? Because I want to buy the shot out of that :P

I don't think so. They aren't even sure if Wii U is getting that table.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Splatoon.

Their servers are going to melt.

• Options

Well that's crap. There is literally no reason not to have that table on Wii U.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I want the splatoon demo but my power is gonna be out most of the day. Noooooo.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

I mean... there's literally no reason not to have Pinball Hall of Fame on Wii U either, but at least the Zen guys aren't completely ignoring us like Farsight has been.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Holy shit. Splatoon.

Their servers are going to melt.

That's the point of a stress test.

• Options
    edited May 2015

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular

It's really good, I think it's one of the underappreciated Wii gems. The N64 version on Wii vc is also really good, though I think the motion controls for the wii version add a lot.

I'm really looking forward to trying splatoon out on one of these stress tests.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Portal table doesn't actually drop until the 25th, @Warlock82 . We'll see what happens then.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There's no digital Dawn of Sorrow, is there?

• Options
    PLA wrote: »

Nothing announced but someday.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oh, but I guess the that version wouldn't have a GBA-slot to use for cute bonuses. Hmm.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

by someday you mean "never ever on 3ds because fuck you".

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

by someday you mean "never ever on 3ds in NA but EU and JP will get it because fuck you".

Fixed

• Options
    Wii U Download

Nihilumbra – $7.99
    Ultratron – $8.99
    Funk of Titans – $8.99

Wii U Virtual Console

New Super Mario Bros. – $9.99
    Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue – $7.99
    Mega Man Battle Network 3 White – $7.99

3DS Download

3D Thunder Blade – $5.99
    Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains – $39.99

3DS Themes

Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains (free with digital game purchase)
    Pushmo: Mallo & Friends
    SEGA 3D Classics Fantasy Zone
    SEGA 3D Classics Space Harrier

eShop Sales

Wii U/3DS

– Capcom sale! Check out great deals on select Capcom games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 14 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.

Wii U

– Wooden Sen’Sey is 70 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 21.
    – Midnight and Toon Tanks from Petite Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
    – Arrow Time U is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
    – GetClose: A game for RIVALS is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.

3DS

– Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers and other games from ATLUS are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 18 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 25.
    – Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic, Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit! and Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends from – Majesco are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 18 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 25.
    – Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 15.

Price Reductions

Wii U

– Snake Den has been reduced to $1.25 (from $3.99).

3DS

– Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger and Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 from Filematch Ltd. are reduced to $4.99 beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 15.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

by someday you mean "never ever on 3ds in NA but EU and JP will get it because fuck you".

Fixed

they have digital DS releases on the JP and EU eShops?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular

Fixed

they have digital DS releases on the JP and EU eShops?
    Don't know about EU, but they have a few on the JP DSiWare/eShop, nothing really big except for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, which is Club Nintendo exclusive and which the physical release was cancelled.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I sure do hate non-descriptive sale announcements

• Options
    I sure do hate non-descriptive sale announcements

Oh I know.

Also Capcom has a 3DS/Wii U eShop sale going on too

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2015/05/14/3ds-wii-u-eshop-sale-happening-through-may-28

Wii U

DuckTales Remastered - $6.75 (Was $14.99)

Dungeons & Dragons - $6.00 (Was $14.99)

Resident Evil Revelations - $16.00 (Was $39.99)

3DS

Super Street Fighter IV 3D - $8.00 (Was $19.99)

RE: The Mercenaries 3D - $8.00 (Was $19.99)

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.00 (Was $19.99)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.