As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS OVER! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what Captain Falcon Yoshi looks like.

It's pretty awesome! Seriously, some of the amiibo Yoshi skins are really fantastic.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Even the fire emblem ones?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Even the fire emblem ones?

No comment there as it's a personal call. Some are better than others but each are very well done and recognizable considering what they're trying to do.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's weird none of the Pokemon amiibo seem to be supported.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    A PikaYoshi would overload the game with too much cuteness.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Maz- wrote: »
    It's weird none of the Pokemon amiibo seem to be supported.

Come to think of it, none are supported in Mario Kart either. Odd...

Edit: Come to think of it, why the hell are Pokemon amiibos getting little game support compared to fucking Sonic?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just assumed all amiibos (or at least all smash line so far) are supported, and that long line of them at the end wasn't to be taken literally.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Strange Humble Bundle this week - www.humblebundle.com has a bunch of Indie Wii U and 3DS games.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Strange Humble Bundle this week - www.humblebundle.com has a bunch of Indie Wii U and 3DS games.

Strange... yes. Also awesome.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Well shit, I'll get in on that. The only game of that lineup I already own is Mighty Switch Force, so I'll likely give that code away to someone.

(Well, also Steamworld Dig...though I own it on the 3DS; I'll probably just look at this like a free Wii U upgrade of sorts.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular

I was just coming here to post this, I've been meaning to pick up Guacamelee and Steamworld Dig for a while now, so it looks like a hell of a deal for me :biggrin:

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yea, I own a couple of those games, but ten bucks is a steal for this bundle. I'll be giving away the codes for games I already have too.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I picked that up immediately upon seeing it. Such a good deal.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Man, the amount of region locking hate in the comment section is real. Yikes!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

That's what you get for reading Internet comments.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Anyone want to make guesses on the unlocked game(s)? I'm guessing Toki Tori or one of the Trines.

I bought the $10 bundle. I already had a few of the games on various platforms, but in the end I've debated Moon Chronicles already by itself, why not just get a bunch of stuff to go with it.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Anyone want to make guesses on the unlocked game(s)? I'm guessing Toki Tori or one of the Trines.

I bought the $10 bundle. I already had a few of the games on various platforms, but in the end I've debated Moon Chronicles already by itself, why not just get a bunch of stuff to go with it.

I hope for Retro City Rampage!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    I hope Affordable Space Adventure because I want to play it but not at $20.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I bet Shovel Knight is a good bet. But I think at this point if you were ever interested in the game, you'd have already owned it by now, especially since it's on virtually everything.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I still don't own Shovel Knight! I think watching the Game Grumps playthrough of it was a mistake since it kinda killed my interest in playing it myself.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Shovel Knight is the best Mega Man game not produced by Capcom.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't own it either. Mostly because I'm cheap...and broke. Edit: not broke in the truest sense, broke in the fact we're severely limiting our spending money lately.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Last I heard Shovel Knight had sold in the solid six figures, but not nearly close to the million they were hoping for. It's on PS4 and Xbox One now, so that might help.

At any rate, it's awesome and everyone should buy it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Shovel Knight was probably my GOTY last year

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

They really should have gotten Nintendo of Europe on board with this, to be fair. Which is odd, because they usually seem more on the ball than NoA.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

I think what's weird about it is seeing Nintendo actually collaborating with someone else in the industry.

Nintendo tends to be so isolationistic in their policies. Especially during the Wii generation, when they were unwilling to even acknowledge that their product was the same type of product as the PS3 and the XB360.

So seeing Nintendo participate in something as deeply entrenched in the conventional gaming industry as the Humble Bundle comes a pretty big surprise. Perhaps it's an indicator of a greater degree of self awareness on Nintendo's part, one that I hope continues into the future.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Shovel Knight is the best Mega Man game not produced by Capcom.

I would argue that it's the best Mega Man game including ones produced by Capcom

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Zython wrote: »

They really should have gotten Nintendo of Europe on board with this, to be fair. Which is odd, because they usually seem more on the ball than NoA.

With all the outcry, maybe they will? Stranger things have happened.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I think what's weird about it is seeing Nintendo actually collaborating with someone else in the industry.

Nintendo tends to be so isolationistic in their policies. Especially during the Wii generation, when they were unwilling to even acknowledge that their product was the same type of product as the PS3 and the XB360.

So seeing Nintendo participate in something as deeply entrenched in the conventional gaming industry as the Humble Bundle comes a pretty big surprise. Perhaps it's an indicator of a greater degree of self awareness on Nintendo's part, one that I hope continues into the future.

Rephrase that to Western people in the industry, and you are more accurate. Nintendo collaborates all the time, such as with Ninja Gaiden 3 and Bayonetta.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Blah, america only. Sodding hell, I almost jumped on seeing that bundle... and then I crashed.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Athenor wrote: »

Rephrase that to Western people in the industry, and you are more accurate. Nintendo collaborates all the time, such as with Ninja Gaiden 3 and Bayonetta.

Nintendo, by most accounts, has gotten pretty good at working with indies. Not as great as Sony, but much better than Microsoft. They manage to get more indie games up per week than Microsoft does. They'd probably be as good as Sony at drawing indies if it weren't for studios with limited manpower having to pick and choose which platforms they support and generally choosing the ones with a bigger install base. (Not that I can blame them, mind.)

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Zython wrote: »

With all the outcry, maybe they will? Stranger things have happened.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-tried-for-months-to-make-the-humble-nindie-bundle-global/

Sounds like they did try but couldn't make it happen for some reason.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    You can put me in the annoyed would-be costumer corner as well.

Dammit Humblebundle, you know where I live. You could've not-sent me that promotion. Or at least mention the region lock in the E-mail. Hrmph.

• Options
    Who'd like a free copy of Steamworld Dig on WiiU? First person to PM me can have it. This is download and North America only. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

That's what you get for reading Internet comments.
    That's what Nintendo gets for region locking their fucking consoles.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Well, speaking as someone who lives in NZ, and who's rather poor usually... that bundle would have been a wonderful opportunity to pick up a bunch of games I'm interested in, and wouldn't otherwise have a chance to buy (Most of these are 15 dollar purchases, minimum on the Eshop. Shovel Knight is 24 NZD purchase).

So i was quite excited when i got the email in my inbox! Annnnnd then I got to the main page, and discovered that my money doesn't count. This is not exactly fun.

Hopefully, Nintendo of Europe will get on board too or some such, because that usually means that NZ/Aus is getting the stuff too. Otherwise? It's pretty hideously frustrating. Although, seeing that article linked above indicates nope. Either way, not fun.

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, let's

Let's not defend region locking here

• Options
    I can understand the outcry against physical region locking and completely agree that it's idiotic but since this is all digital I'm not sure they could make the eShop region free. Is the PSN and Xbox online stores region free?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Nobody was defending region locking so much as deriding article comments, which I'd say is a more defensible platform.