As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Spice Girl

2»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    He made his barber mad and she messed up his hair

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    He made his barber mad and she messed up his hair

That is the series of events that makes sense, but I don't think the expression in the final panel matches up with that. It seems too self satisfied. Unless he's just so impressed with his comedic genius that it trumps the shame-cut.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    He's rocking his styling do like a pro.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I'm not sure that's a 'don't give a fuck' expression at the end. I think Gabe understands he got just what he deserved. That's acceptance. I think the character just gained a teensy bit of wisdom.

Not that it's going to change him all that much lol. The don't give a fuck/worth it shrug is next, probably.

I honestly cannot understand how people, let alone so many people, see his expression as anything else than acceptance. That is absolutely not a "I don't give a fuck" expression.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

I honestly cannot understand how people, let alone so many people, see his expression as anything else than acceptance. That is absolutely not a "I don't give a fuck" expression.
    I think maybe because it's not an expression I can remember seeing Mike draw on Gabe's face before. Most of the time in situations like this it seems like his expression would be 'IDGAF/Worth it!' but in this case it's 'Yup-I deserved that'.

Honestly-it's my favorite panel ever because I've never seen someone capture that sort of moment so eloquently. It's one of those moments when the great karmic DM grants you an extra point of wisdom. Maybe I'm reading too much into this strip but I can't help but feel some of the wisdom Mike has gained over the years is helping his character become a little bit better person, too.