As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel MCU] we're good buddies although we sometimes have punch-ups

Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast,be kindRegistered User regular
edited November 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
CIVIL WAR TRAILER AAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo

Like an ATM machine or a PIN number, it's the new Marvel MCU thread! AAA!

z0txV3Ml.jpg

THAT SHIT WAS CRAZY, HUH?

Remember when all that stuff happened? Woof.

That wasn't the only thing that occurred, neither.

20935408.jpg

Netflix' Daredevil kinda blew past everyone's expectations and ended up being amazing. Cannot wait for AKA Jessica Jones!

What else?

3ntvy7yl.jpg

Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter were both great! Hurray! And they're both renewed and coming back soon!

But in the more immediate future is ANT-MAN

A funny guy with no friends gets recruited by Gordon Gekko to steal a suit with awesome power and responsibility. He's up against that one guy from season 1 of House of Cards and being helped by Kate from Lost!

1MGy0F2l.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdKf3MneyI

Hey it looks a'ight!

:hydra: SPOILER POLICY :hydra:

You're all smart guys, right? I mean, you're probably no Hank Pyms, but you're probably smarter than Amadeus Cho who is, and I quote, only like the eighth smartest guy in the Marvel universe. And his power is being smart! So you're smart enough to be discerning and considerate about spoilers!

Mark big heavy spoilers for movies, like someone dying, or a surprise cameo. I don't really wanna declare open season on everything, since the MCU is huge and only getting huger, and we're not all watching the same stuff at the same time. Just use best judgement, and everything will be alright.

So when's Moon Knight getting his day? See what I did there? Ha!

Oh brilliant
Dark Raven X on

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So when's Moon Knight getting his day? See what I did there? Ha!

Take any DC movie and just invert the black/white. Now randomly replace the word "bat" with "moon".

All done.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Re: Title.

Why Marvel MCU? It seems like an Automated Teller Machine Machine situation here. I suppose it is there for topic scanning economy, fair enough, but the tautology is always going burn my eyes a little.

On topic: I like Thor. He seems fun.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ant-Man is starting to look neat. Interested in how it'll tie into other MCU films.
    I'm expecting there to be a post-credits link to Civil War.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Speaking of MCU. SPIDERMAN!

I will only accept this as the way Spiderman enters the MCU.
    t4a1ffraern1.gif

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    He has to be wearing that mask too, or no deal.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Repeating my request from the last thread: can we have a moratorium on whether X is racist or not?

Because it's dumb and consistently goes nowhere.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Repeating my request from the last thread: can we have a moratorium on whether X is racist or not?

Yes. Yes we can.

It will not be a topic that can never be broached again, but let us take a break.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »

Yes. Yes we can.

It will not be a topic that can never be broached again, but let us take a break.

Hosanna in the highest!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I enjoyed Hawkeye in Age of Ultron. I finally got to see it, and god, it's really fun to see what he does when he's not Loki's meatpuppet.

I especially liked the way they played his relationship with Quicksilver.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I enjoyed Hawkeye in Age of Ultron. I finally got to see it, and god, it's really fun to see what he does when he's not Loki's meatpuppet.

I especially liked the way they played his relationship with Quicksilver.

The commentary on the ship fight was great too.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    All the news I see regarding casting frontrunners for the new Spider-Man I see the same complaints regurgitated over and over.

A: They are too young!
    B: They should have kept Andrew Garfield!
    C: They should have used Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker again!
    D: They should stop making Spider-Man movies!

Option A being the most idiotic given that Peter Parker started in high school and that is the version of Spider-Man they want to go for. How dare they have the audacity to cast a teenager to play a teenager!

(She/Her)
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    All the news I see regarding casting frontrunners for the new Spider-Man I see the same complaints regurgitated over and over.

Option A being the most idiotic given that Peter Parker started in high school and that is the version of Spider-Man they want to go for. How dare they have the audacity to cast a teenager to play a teenager!

Pfft, haven't you watched the original 21 Jump Street or Beverly Hills 90210, teenagers should look 30, no younger than 25! ;P

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    MCU ... is Deadpool in it? Surely, he is in it, right? :D

AKA Leaked Movie Clip

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

Deadpool is tied in with the X-Men rights, so no.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options

Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch were in Avengers 2 but they were also in X-Men: Days Of Future Past... so...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

AKA Leaked Movie Clip
    He is neither in the MCU, nor is that leaked movie clip.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Also, that's not a leaked movie clip that's test footage from the last time they wanted to do a Deadpool movie, like, 5 or 6 years ago.

That leaked over a year ago and re-started development.

• Options
    You guys really don't consider the X-Men / Wolverine movies to be Marvel Universe just because a different studio made those movies / holds the movie rights?

Huh, alrighty then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »

They didn't when they did that with Andrew Garfield in ASM.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    You guys really don't consider the X-Men / Wolverine movies to be Marvel Universe just because a different studio made those movies / holds the movie rights?

Huh, alrighty then.
    ...because they're not in the same movie universe? "Marvel Cinematic Universe" is the name Disney/Marvel uses for their shared franchise films, it's not something we made up.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Andrew Garfield is over thirty.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

Huh, alrighty then.
    ...because they're not in the same movie universe? "Marvel Cinematic Universe" is the name Disney/Marvel uses for their shared franchise films, it's not something we made up.

Oh! That's what the C stands for, I thought that was for Comics! LOL

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

Huh, alrighty then.

Oh! That's what the C stands for, I thought that was for Comics! LOL

Yup, it's a whole continuity for them. Earth-199999 if wiki is to be believed. For reference "normal" marvel is Earth-616 and the Ultimate comics take place in Earth-1610. Source if you feel like wasting some time.

The X-men movies are owned by Fox and not part of this because Marvel doesn't have control over it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch were in Avengers 2 but they were also in X-Men: Days Of Future Past... so...

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are specifically special cases; Deadpool is not. Deadpool was never associated with the Avengers brand like QS and SW were. (Seriously, they became Avengers back in 1965 in Avengers #16, like just over a year after they debuted in X-Men #4.)

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    And, honestly, i do not want Deadpool in the MCU.
    Seriously. He is a great character (When Daniel Way is writing him) but he belongs nowhere near the MCU. I feel like anyone who thinks he does understands neither Deadpool nor the MCU.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's weird to have him constantly exist in-universe, as the character's main beat seems to be breaking the fourth wall. That's the kind of thing that only works consistently if you assume that he lives in his own special pocket dimension or nobody else actually hears/sees what he's saying (a la Hobbes in Calvin & Hobbes).

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    What are you implying about Hobbes?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Seriously. He is a great character (When Daniel Way is writing him) but he belongs nowhere near the MCU. I feel like anyone who thinks he does understands neither Deadpool nor the MCU.

What makes him unique belongs nowhere near the MCU, but much of his core (weapons expert, ninja-like, unhinged, smartass, no real allegiance, healing factor) would make for a fun recurring "sometimes villain/sometimes ally" character. Since we can do most all of that with Taskmaster,
    (or Grant Ward... or both... why can't it be both... doesn't Marvel Studies like chocolate and peanut butter?)
    the MCU is fine without Deadpool himself.

To do Deadpool justice, though, I agree, can't be done in the MCU.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    There's only one fourth wall breaking character that should be allowed in the MCU, and that's Bruce Banner's cousin.

And since it just occurred to me, instead of the One-Shots we have had on the DVD releases so far I would *love* to see "What If's", narrated by Uatu.

"What If... Iron Man made the Jericho weapon for the Ten Rings?"
    "What If... Justin Hammer was competent?"
    "What If... Thor was adopted by the Frost Giants!"

I would actually accept this idea in the form of motion comics.

• Options

What makes him unique belongs nowhere near the MCU, but much of his core (weapons expert, ninja-like, unhinged, smartass, no real allegiance, healing factor) would make for a fun recurring "sometimes villain/sometimes ally" character. Since we can do most all of that with Taskmaster,
    (or Grant Ward... or both... why can't it be both... doesn't Marvel Studies like chocolate and peanut butter?)
    the MCU is fine without Deadpool himself.

To do Deadpool justice, though, I agree, can't be done in the MCU.

Well put!

*Although, (my personal opinion is) Deadpool is a hero. He WANTS to be a hero in the worst way, but is so....out there....no one can understand him, nor work with him on any deep level. But, again, i think the only writer to really "get" Deadpool is Daniel Way.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    There's only one fourth wall breaking character that should be allowed in the MCU, and that's Bruce Banner's cousin.

That's how they should do a Hulk movie. Make it a She-Hulk movie guest starring Mark Ruffalo.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

That's how they should do a Hulk movie. Make it a She-Hulk movie guest starring Mark Ruffalo.

Have it be a courtroom drama where the only smashing takes place on a TV brought in to show the damaged caused by the Hulk. "Trial of the Incredible Hulk." There's a parade of minor characters from the Hulk/Avengers movies talking about how Hulk saved them. Bruce Banner refuses to take the stand and sits quietly meditating for the entire trial.

The fact that the defense attorney is big and green is never remarked on at all, by anyone.

The post-credits sequence is Jen ripping through the credits, looking directly at the audience going "What were you expecting?"

I'd go see it twice just because of the massive balls it would take for Marvel to actually do that.

• Options
    Who would play a good She Hulk?
    Gina Torres?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Have it be a courtroom drama where the only smashing takes place on a TV brought in to show the damaged caused by the Hulk. "Trial of the Incredible Hulk." There's a parade of minor characters from the Hulk/Avengers movies talking about how Hulk saved them. Bruce Banner refuses to take the stand and sits quietly meditating for the entire trial.

The fact that the defense attorney is big and green is never remarked on at all, by anyone.

The post-credits sequence is Jen ripping through the credits, looking directly at the audience going "What were you expecting?"

I'd go see it twice just because of the massive balls it would take for Marvel to actually do that.

Her opponent: Matt Murdock.
    Who would play a good She Hulk?
    Gina Torres?

post-11921-Aww-Yiss-Owl-gif-Imgur-Tumblr-ZT8p.gif

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Angie Harmon as expressed a lot of interest in playing She-Hulk.

Don't know if she'd be any good, but she at least mostly looks the part already (sans green body paint).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SuneaterSuneater Registered User regular
    I love Angie Harmon's voice. I would endorse her.

3DS FC# 3480-2551-0694
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Angie Harmon's interview with Conan about being she-hulk was awesome. On phone or I'd link it.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Angie Harmon's interview with Conan about being she-hulk was awesome. On phone or I'd link it.

Found it, and it goes exactly nothing like I expected:

https://youtu.be/DrDBJPe_ZWA

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    That drawing of She-Hulk is terrible.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So just got back from seeing Ultron in 3D this time. Movie was about the same, but I think that there can be a strong argument to see Ant Man in 3D after seeing the trailer this time.
    The size differences seem to work extremely well in that format.

newSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.