As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superhero Threads Don't Come Any Bigger

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I had an odd thought about all the sudden legacy and sweeping changes in Marvel, and I realized, Hickman is an even crazier bastard than we ever realized!

These changes happening suddenly and at a rapid pace, are canon, the Franklin shell is gone.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I had an odd thought about all the sudden legacy and sweeping changes in Marvel, and I realized, Hickman is an even crazier bastard than we ever realized!

These changes happening suddenly and at a rapid pace, are canon, the Franklin shell is gone.

Can you explain that for people who have no idea what that means?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I still think Daredevil peaks pretty early-on, in the first handful of episodes, and the second half is just plain not very good save for like, the Matt & Foggy episode
    The deaths of Ben and Leland in particular strike me as monumentally stupid

Shock for shock's sake, that accomplishes nothing but the loss of characters that could've been used in season 2, empty grittiness, and character beats for Fisk that we had already seen several times over
    I actually can't make sense of why Ben had to die almost right away. The dude is an important character in Daredevil, in myriad ways. It's really quite disappointing that he went so soon.

Like, Matt's totally gonna get outed, yeah? Can we all agree that this is absolutely a thing that is going to happen? That scene in the comics with Peter and Ben both protecting Matt without a lick of communication between them beforehand was pretty awesome, I thought. And it's highly unlikely that Peter is going to make an appearance in DD, so why not keep Ben around as eyes in the press room?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I still think Daredevil peaks pretty early-on, in the first handful of episodes, and the second half is just plain not very good save for like, the Matt & Foggy episode

Shock for shock's sake, that accomplishes nothing but the loss of characters that could've been used in season 2, empty grittiness, and character beats for Fisk that we had already seen several times over
    I actually can't make sense of why Ben had to die almost right away. The dude is an important character in Daredevil, in myriad ways. It's really quite disappointing that he went so soon.

Like, Matt's totally gonna get outed, yeah? Can we all agree that this is absolutely a thing that is going to happen? That scene in the comics with Peter and Ben both protecting Matt without a lick of communication between them beforehand was pretty awesome, I thought. And it's highly unlikely that Peter is going to make an appearance in DD, so why not keep Ben around as eyes in the press room?
    I'm disappointed by his death largely because I love that in th comics, he figured out Daredevil's identity and didn't run the story. I think that's such a great character beat for a journalist.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

I'm disappointed by his death largely because I love that in th comics, he figured out Daredevil's identity and didn't run the story. I think that's such a great character beat for a journalist.

in comparison to some other journalists recently

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Can you explain that for people who have no idea what that means?

For a long time, Marvel got around the whole sliding timeline by explaining Franklin Richards was so powerful he subconsciously readjusts the universe to the familiar.

But Hickman took him off the board, and now suddenly, Legacy Heroes, huge team switch ups, crazy stuff!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I had thought the Franklin Richards thing was a crazy fan theory that held up eerily well, not something that Marvel actively worked out.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was never a thing Marvel even hinted at being the case.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They've even flat out said it's a fan theory.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That said, I wouldn't put it past Hickman to deliberately play into it, even if it's not canonically valid.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    11665572_10153489031869701_1729031570847274461_n.jpg?w=800&h=1067
    photoshoot lighting ain't doing them any favors

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    NO COLORS ON THIS BRIGHT AMERICAN FLAG COLORED OUTFIT

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Man, is it just me, or does every picture of Affleck in the batsuit just make him look bloated and pouty? I don't know why, but his look really isn't working for me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bruce-wonder-woman.png?w=800
    hairy-lex.png?w=806
    bat-symbol.png?w=806

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Guess the bloated/pouty thing is just his face. Unfortunate.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    So it looks like we might get the"Luther is angry because superman made him bald" story after all

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Man, is it just me, or does every picture of Affleck in the batsuit just make him look bloated and pouty? I don't know why, but his look really isn't working for me.

He is without a doubt thicker than any previous movie Batman. It makes him look like a Frank Miller rendition.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Affleck describes Batman as being the American version of Hamlet, saying “We accept that he’s played by actors with different interpretations.”

Ben Affleck's Batman will be an older, more tired version of the character. “He’s at the end of his run and maybe the end of his life," said Affleck. "There’s this sort of world-weariness to it.”

As photos have revealed, Ben Affleck looks the part of an older Bruce Wayne with gray streaks in his hair. What is most interesting is that EW also reveals a description of Wayne Maynor, which is said to be "a desolate husk, overtaken by weeds and water-stains after years of neglect."

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I wonder if they'll try to insinuate that this is a continuation of Nolan's trilogy without outright stating or confirming it.

Also I just noticed the cover for the Deadpool relaunch has an billboard where Deadpool is hawking 'Dumbwater: You're Dumb. Drink it."

• Options
    Affleck described a batman that had "maybe eaten one too many oreos late at night, crying into his milk"

• Options
    I don't particularly love campy Batman stuff

But between Arkham Knight and this I'd prefer a version of Batman played by Charles Nelson Reilly fighting Rip Taylor

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I don't want Batman 66 but I would prefer a change to someone who is a bit more adventurous and not basically a self parody.

like all signs point to this being Will Arnett's Lego Batman but played totally straight.

• Options
    #BringBackClooney

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    I don't want Batman 66 but I would prefer a change to someone who is a bit more adventurous and not basically a self parody.

like all signs point to this being Will Arnett's Lego Batman but played totally straight.

make dick batman again dammit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Are we gonna see the climactic character moment where Luthor loses his hair?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It makes me sad. The two actors who should have made really interesting Batmen (seemingly) got cast into two of the worst movies for them to be playing him in. Clooney should have been a perfect Batman but put into a movie that was too wacky, and now Affleck who I think is great is going to suffer in the exact opposite way.

• Options
    We've got an interview coming up with Ewing in which he confirms that Galactus is the villain of the piece.

Read More: All New, All Different Marvel: Your Guide to the Avengers Team Books | http://comicsalliance.com/all-new-all-different-marvel-your-guide-to-the-avengers-team-books/?trackback=tsmclip

DAMMIT!!!!

I guess that makes more sense though.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Galactus is beyond good and evil.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options

MAKE DICK BATMAN, DONT MAKE BATMAN A DICK

• Options
    Did Galactus eat Beyond Good & Evil 2 and that's why it's never coming out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That Bat-Symbol for BvS is so goddamn chunky

Lil chubby Bat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Lil chubby Bat

"I'm old, shuddap. What do you want from me?"

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

He's the Batman we want

Not the Batman we deserve

• Options

Lil chubby Bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy5QlcRmW3s

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Eh, they're having Wonder Woman do the modeling pose.

I was hoping that they'd make her look bigger or at least taller.

• Options

Lil chubby Bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy5QlcRmW3s

I am vengeance. I am the night. I
    AM. B-wait is that a grape????

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    mmmm grapes

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Man if that Wonder Woman just had a pair of dark blue pants

I'd actually really like it

Just like, toss some skinny jeans on her

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Yeah Gadot looks, y'know, in shape and all

But still very much like a supermodel and not like the fuckin badass ripped warrior lady Diana should be

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.