Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Another Ubisoft eShop sale until 8:59 PT August 3rd. Not the greatest prices though but whatcha gonna do?

ubisoft-sale-656x372.jpg
    Wii U

Assassin’s Creed III – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Child of Light – $3.75 (was $14.99)
    Cloudberry Kingdom – $2.49 (was $9.99)
    ESPN Sports Connection – $12.49 (was $49.99)
    Just Dance 2015 – $19.99 (was $39.99)
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Rabbids Land – $12.49 (was $49.99)
    Rayman Legends – $19.99 (was $39.99)
    The Smurfs 2 – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Watch Dogs – $22.49 (was $29.99)
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – $12.49 (was $49.99)
    ZombiU – $22.49 (was $29.99)

3DS

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Petz Beach – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Petz Countryside – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Petz Fantasy 3D – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Poptropica: Forgotten Islands – $14.99 (was $19.99)
    Rabbids Travel in Time 3D – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Rayman 3D – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Rayman Origins – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Splinter Cell 3D – $7.49 (was $29.99)
    Tetris Ultimate – $14.99 (was $19.99)

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I'm in for Child of Light at least; possibly Cloudberry Kingdom.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Believe it or not that Rayman Legends price is better than Amazon if you factor in shipping.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I am absolutely in for like three of those things.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I mention this every chance I get, but Ghost Recon on the 3DS is really, really good. Don't judge it by the graphics and you'll be in for a treat!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Child of Light and Cloudberry Kingdom are no brainers.

Is Rabbids Land as bad as some of these reviews say?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I mention this every chance I get, but Ghost Recon on the 3DS is really, really good. Don't judge it by the graphics and you'll be in for a treat!

Yes yes yes buy this game.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    eshop version is also more stable than the original card print.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Why do I have a sudden macabre desire to try Petz Fantasy 3D? Must be the creepy unicorn in the sale logo.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

Went to double-check the recommended version... Seriously, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars over Splinter Cell 3D? And, consider this inquiry is for someone who will not evar play multi.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Went to double-check the recommended version... Seriously, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars over Splinter Cell 3D? And, consider this inquiry is for someone who will not evar play multi.

Yup, GR:SW is a legit 3DS turn-based strategy game. It's got elements of X-Com and Fire Emblem mixed together. Really, really good. And I never even touched the multiplayer.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Yup, GR:SW is a legit 3DS turn-based strategy game. It's got elements of X-Com and Fire Emblem mixed together. Really, really good. And I never even touched the multiplayer.

Ahh, err, hmm. I've got Fire Emblem, and will pick up X-Com once the Vita version comes out (you know, AGAIN), plus the Disgaea and FFT, and Ogre Battle. so I think my turn-based strategy on mobile is covered. Sorry, didn't even realize the genre of the thing. The other type of game, Splinter Cell, is the type I don't really have covered for mobile.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    eshop version is also more stable than the original card print.

What do you mean? Does the physical version have more glitches or something like that?

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    It sure does. Not only is it a hastily upported DS game (that would have been ugly even on the DS) but it was also crash happy. Various stability updates have improved it, but the eshop version came much later and is a later version of the game while the launch version never got any patches.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    It sure does. Not only is it a hastily upported DS game (that would have been ugly even on the DS) but it was also crash happy. Various stability updates have improved it, but the eshop version came much later and is a later version of the game while the launch version never got any patches.

If only the 3DS provided some sort of mechanism for publishers to push patches for retail games! /s

Although this *is* Ubisoft we're talking about, I guess.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I pretty much tried to sell it to people last time it was on sale by showing them the game on my system and how it played
    A few of them gave in and bought it and said ti was too hard on the first intro mission :rotate:

• Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Retail

Legend of Kay Anniversary – $24.99 (available Tuesday)

Wii U Download

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth – $14.99
    Canvaleon – $11.95
    Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria – $9.99
    The Quiet Collection – $4.99

Wii U Virtual Console

DK Jungle Climber – $9.99

3DS Download

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (New 3DS only) – $14.99
    3D Streets of Rage 2 – $5.99
    Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria – $9.99
    Epic Word Search Collection – $7.99
    Fantasy Pirates – $0.99
    I Love My Cats – $24.99

3DS Themes

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Café Theme
    Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
    BOXBOY!: Qbby & Friends by Starlight

eShop Sales

Wii U/3DS

– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) from Wayforward are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on July 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 2.

Wii U

– Midnight is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 6.

3DS

– Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $39.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 27.
    – Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 6.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh man, Binding of Isaac is such a good game. Definitely buy it if you don't already own it on something else, and you like Rogue-likes.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Wii U Retail

Legend of Kay Anniversary – $24.99 (available Tuesday)

That's the foul mouth cat from the ps redo people were talking about in one thread?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Shit, that Indie sale ended, didn't it. Been so fucking busy this week. >.<

Edit: Oh, Shantae's on sale. That's the one I was considering. Hooray!

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought for sure that Indie sale was going on for another week, but I was confusing it with the Ubisoft sale.

Ah well, the only title I really wanted was Giana Sisters, and it'll go on sale again before you know it.

I was also considering the Trine titles, but the demo was a bit of a turnoff. Bleh.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Oh man, Binding of Isaac is such a good game. Definitely buy it if you don't already own it on something else, and you like Rogue-likes.

Well...most roguelikes are fully turn-based and a big part of the enjoyment is the high number of choices you have at any moment, things you can draw on from your inventory like wands or scrolls thrown weapons or spells, fight or flight, that sort of thing. I've seen Binding played for long periods of time and it's more twin stick shooter than roguelike.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

Definitely would pick it up if I owned a N3DS.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »
    Shit, that Indie sale ended, didn't it. Been so fucking busy this week. >.<

Edit: Oh, Shantae's on sale. That's the one I was considering. Hooray!

Bah, not showing on the price drop page yet, don't have my 3DS with me. What's the price?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

It's on WiiU also :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

It's on WiiU also :D

Well look at that, I didn't even notice. All the hype and speculation was over the 3DS version, I didn't even know that a Wii U one was in the cards.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Binding is Zelda 1 dungeons with roguelike rules of death and map randomness, and twin stick shooter combat.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I already bought BOI on Steam, then I bought BOI Rebirth on Steam, then I re-bought BOI on Steam for my son. There's a very good chance we'll both buy the n3DS version too.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Binding is Zelda 1 dungeons with roguelike rules of death and map randomness, and twin stick shooter combat.

If someone had described it like this to me earlier, I wouldn't have wasted the time downloading it when it was free on PS+.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

All of my least favorite gaming things mixed together!

Well, Zelda 1 dungeons are okay I guess.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Then you toss in the story. So "edgy" and "emotional". It's like a checklist of everything I dislike about the indie scene.

• Options
    You guys are missing out on a rad game.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

Then you toss in the story. So "edgy" and "emotional". It's like a checklist of everything I dislike about the indie scene.

It's a parody of the Jack Chick comics, conservative Christian comics telling you you're going to hell. And yeah, the imagery still makes me uncomfortable sometimes. For years I could not beat Mom, I only did in the Ps4 version, so it's the easiest version in a sense.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    You guys are missing out on a rad game.

I did play it. I didn't like it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Cross buy is always cool and I really like Renagade Kid, but I really didn't care for Xeodrifter at all.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Cross buy is always cool and I really like Renagade Kid, but I really didn't care for Xeodrifter at all.

I thought it was ok. I liked it enough to beat it. I'm debating if I want to 100% it though.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I refuse to play it on principle because of the story. I find that kind of thing way too immature. "Har har we can make poop jokes and blood and we are mocking Christians! We are so edgy!"

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It's one of the few games to have anything to say about abandonment. I give it points for that. I don't like the visual style either, but that and the loose storytelling themes kind of go hand in hand.

I also really like how it plays and the absurd amount of power-ups and permutations you can find and earn.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I refuse to play it on principle because of the story. I find that kind of thing way too immature. "Har har we can make poop jokes and blood and we are mocking Christians! We are so edgy!"

There's actually quite a bit of neat ideas going on in the game though (you still might not like the gameplay). Google up "Defense of Binding of Isaac fundamentalism" if you're curious.

This discussion has been closed.