As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    i wonder how exp will be distributed in the new archwing missions. I'd hope it's better exp than just grinding the shitty archwing missions we have now.

every time I do an archwing mission, i feel like quitting the game for at least a few hours after.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    I kinda like archwing, it just feels shoehorned into existing game modes.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Remember how hyped everyone was about the release of archwing? Dark Sector rail conflicts? Kubrows?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Remember how hyped everyone was about the release of archwing? Dark Sector rail conflicts? Kubrows?

I'm sure Grizzl'd Ol Vet Armchair will be there to help us soldier on when the hype of "hey I think this will be cool/interesting/not a horrible disaster" comes to be a bust. Surely reminding us of the good olde days through his totally not rose-tinted glasses, back when DE actually knew how to write code and make assets. And then he'll wax poetically over how new players were totally screwed over because they happened to sign in the day after the best item in the game, which grants a whopping 0.0025% increase to the speed by which a Rhino can traverse the map while doing the worm repeatedly, was put into yet another disney vault. Because he's a rock like that.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular

Remember when you weren't a silly goose?

I don't.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

I don't remember anyone being hyped for rail conflicts and I like the other two things you mentioned.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Mobile forums!

MegaMek on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

I don't remember anyone being hyped for rail conflicts and I like the other two things you mentioned.

But DE is literally Double Hitler and has never made anything anybody has liked and we didn't actually enjoy any of those things they've made. Armchair is just the only one here that can see the truth!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

I was never hyped for solar rail conflicts, really dislike them in fact, but I love pretty much everything about archwing.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

But DE is literally Double Hitler and has never made anything anybody has liked and we didn't actually enjoy any of those things they've made. Armchair is just the only one here that can see the truth!

They made one good thing by accident. Fast.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

While "I criticize this thing because I like it" is a thing that some people do, you have to realize by now that given the regularity and well... outright petty nitpicking your criticisms often amount to, you're more or less a caricature of that ideal right?

Like... really. This is the point where we're at when something changes in Warframe that doesn't fit your ideal of whatever Warframe is supposed to be and so you decide that dropping toxic posts to kill the buzz is a fun thing to do:

ca1.jpg

• Options

While "I criticize this thing because I like it" is a thing that some people do, you have to realize by now that given the regularity and well... outright petty nitpicking your criticisms often amount to, you're more or less a caricature of that ideal right?

Like... really. This is the point where we're at when something changes in Warframe that doesn't fit your ideal of whatever Warframe is supposed to be and so you decide that dropping toxic posts to kill the buzz is a fun thing to do:

ca1.jpg

I think that's a mischaracterization, his goal seems to be to misrepresent a situation with the intention of gaining ego-satisfaction from complaining. Any game state, even the initial one, will be used as a proxy for what we see now.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Honestly, even if the fast was going away, which it isn't, I don't think it was ever as big a part of warframe as you thought? Like, it's nice, but the core engagement of the endgame gameplay has been tackling massive amounts of super powerful enemies through clever use of crowd control and the most batshit insane guns you can get, and at least for me that was the best part of the game.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Honestly, even if the fast was going away, which it isn't, I don't think it was ever as big a part of warframe as you though? Like, it's nice, but the core engagement of the endgame gameplay has been tackling massive amounts of super powerful enemies through clever use of crowd control and the most batshit insane guns you can get, and at least for me that was the best part of the game.

Some of my favorite aspects to the game were going stealthy, carefully taking down each enemy. I still prefer bows and throwing knives etc. though they don't perform well while trying to help a group succeed at most tasks. I don't care to go fast unless it's integral to the mission type, such as capture or whatnot.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Honestly, even if the fast was going away, which it isn't, I don't think it was ever as big a part of warframe as you though? Like, it's nice, but the core engagement of the endgame gameplay has been tackling massive amounts of super powerful enemies through clever use of crowd control and the most batshit insane guns you can get, and at least for me that was the best part of the game.

Some of my favorite aspects to the game were going stealthy, carefully taking down each enemy. I still prefer bows and throwing knives etc. though they don't perform well while trying to help a group succeed at most tasks. I don't care to go fast unless it's integral to the mission type, such as capture or whatnot.

Yeah, for me I like jumping around and meleeing and shooting dudes to death and looking like a fucking ninja badass. Speed, while fun, was never the focus for me. Besides that, I'm not even sure speed is going away with this change. Sure, you may not be able to go 1,000,000mph now but I'm willing to bet you can still go plenty fast (and the new parkour looks cool as shit too)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I was never hyped for solar rail conflicts, really dislike them in fact, but I love pretty much everything about archwing.

The best thing about rail conflicts was that first week or two when the community solved the Prisoners Dilemma by making most nodes no tax. Back before alliances started gaming rewards and folks quit fighting to keep nodes free.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »

I don't.

Can anyone explain what's going on? This is normally a pretty calm crowd, but every time armchair posts he's getting attacked for his opinion with counter opinions on content that no one even has experience with yet.

• Options
    DreadBert wrote: »

I don't.

Can anyone explain what's going on? This is normally a pretty calm crowd, but every time armchair posts he's getting attacked for his opinion with counter opinions on content that no one even has experience with yet.

Sure, I'll take a stab at it, but firstly; Armchair is not a martyr here by any means. I imagine people have simply grown tired of his schtick: "DE IS THE STUPIDS AND EVERYTHING THEY DO IS TERRI-BAD, BUT I PLAY THEIR GAME ALL THE TIME, HURR-HURR. GOTTA GO SLOOooOOww."

IJS, when the vast majority of a person's interactions and contributions to conversations are negative, can you really blame people for being antagonistic toward that person?

• Options
    It's because I'm so vocally salty about the coptering removal and refuse to take DE's word that "it's OK, parkour 2.0 will be a good replacement" at face value because I've been burned by them too many times. They're trusting, I'm not. The same pattern happens like clockwork. DE announces this new thing and builds hype with their dev streams and teasing cherry picked bits of content. Then it falls flat of expectations and DE abandons it for the next hype feature.

I don't really care about parkour 2.0. Previously I was happy that it might be a new toy that others might enjoy. It's how I felt about kubrows. I didn't care about them, but if others want a space dog then it is good that they get something they enjoy. But then I heard that they were removing the thing I most enjoyed, and all around me the slowpokes are dancing in the streets and rubbing salt in the wound. It is like they think won't be left behind anymore.

The kind of ludicrously fast speed runs that coptering allowed is what kept me hooked into the game. It literally was the one thing that kept bringing me back after a hiatus. It satisfied my need (the need for speed). The grind blurred away with the shapes and colors and the only thing that mattered was fast. But I guess enjoying fast is badwrongfun from what I'm reading. I guess people prefer walking and occasionally sprinting?

Everything I've seen about parkour 2.0 is that it will be a wholly inadequate replacement for coptering. Slow and floaty are the words I find most applicable to describe it. It's like they wanted to show how awesome it is to shoot enemies as you fly by in the air, but their target audience was incapable of making the shots within that window so they slowed everything down for them.

For those of you who are happy with the idea of the pace slowing down so you don't have to deal with rushers, news flash: it won't slow down. We're still gonna speed run and leave you in the dust if you can't keep up. We'll just teleport instead. Displacement will get us through the levels just as quickly as before, just without the exhilaration of imagining the wind in our hair.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Rather amusing thing happened to me a few days ago.

As I said before, I'm a newbie and like a newbie I did some silly things like fusing away critical mods before I found replacements. I did this with the damaged Serration (+% rifle damage) mod that they give you early because it was damaged and thus clearly worthless. I mean, I found non-damaged versions of the other mods pretty easily so I'll just get a real one later.

It turned out that it was not so easy. Looking up the drop locations online, I found that Serration is a %5 drop from survival missions at 20 minutes or a rare drop from enemies that I'd never seen. I could do the survival mission easily enough but at 20 minutes per run, that meant I had roughly 7 hours of farming before I saw one on the average. Not having it also meant my rifle damage was horrible I had had to rely on melee + warframe abilities for my kills which made it hard to get to the new areas.

I was on the point of dropping plat to try to get this mod when I did a random infection/invasion alert. I don't remember much of it, it was a bit too high level for me but I got carried by the rest of my team and on the reward screen, lo and behold, Serration dropped. Still not sure how that happened as it wasn't on the wiki but that drop made me so happy. Got a new gun, slotted serration in and went to back to killing things as a goddam space/ninja/robot. All my work and research and it drops randomly from a place I wasn't farming.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The wiki is pretty outdated, especially for drop table things. Especially since DE encrypted the drop tables to spite the player base after we pointed out some mistakes that they had made (stuff like including items in the table multiple times or making items impossible to get because they forgot to put them in any drop table at all).

Actions like that are why I get salty at DE. Some players took their role as testers very seriously and went above and beyond to double check DE's work, and DE went and spat in their face because they didn't have what it takes to admit that they had made a mistake.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Looking for a quick answer here, but if I wanted to build an extended duration invisibility Loki, how many times do I have to forma him?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The launcher is doing funky things so I can't hop in and check, but I'm pretty sure I've got a duration invis loki.p that's fairly solid, with no forma used, just a potato. No clue how it compares to generally accepted superfits.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I don't think you need forma to go infinite with loki, although you may need to skip some survivability mods. You can certainly get efficient enough that a second player using energy siphon will push you over the edge. Adding forma will increase your margin for error and allow you to give yourself moderate casting range for radial disarm.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Margins for error are wonderful IMO, 'coz I make a lot of those.

While I'm asking, I'm in the market for a full Carrier Prime set and the Irridiating Disarm mod. Anyone here have those that I can buy with plat, before I throw myself at the mercy of r/wartrade?

(Also, is the tax 8k for prime sentinel parts?)

• Options
    Think I'm maxed rep in perrin, meridian, and whatever that tree hugger syndicate that's allied with perrin is called. Give me a shout if ya catch me online in 4-5 hours.

Sounds like Thursday for u17. Anyone else seen what's happening with the stamina mods? I'm debating maxing out a bunch for giggles in case they turn into something nice.

• Options
    They're going to be turned to cores, according to the devstream

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    I think they said they'd just be turned into cores, like the old ability mods were.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Think I'm maxed rep in perrin, meridian, and whatever that tree hugger syndicate that's allied with perrin is called. Give me a shout if ya catch me online in 4-5 hours.

In 4-5 hours I'll still be at work, lol. I normally don't get online until about 7 or so hours from now, when I log in real quick just to get my daily bonus.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Looking for a quick answer here, but if I wanted to build an extended duration invisibility Loki, how many times do I have to forma him?

Loki Prime? Never needs forma.

Regular Loki? Maybe once? Depending on how much else you want to squeeze in there. It can be done with no formas.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Huh. I should definitely check that out then. And yes, my Loki is Prime.

I think I have the mods for it- if I do, definitely not max rank. Except for Irridiating Disarm.

Also, I'm searching through r/wartrade and not seeing a lot of Carrier Prime parts. That rare, or everyone just bought it?

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Carrier Prime is a bit of a mixed bag. Two parts are really easy to get, since one seems to be common and drops in rotation A of T4I, so you get two chances at it back to back, and the other drops in T4Sab, so you can get two chances at it per mission as well. You'll probably snag them within your first few tries if you attempt to farm them. The two rare parts are harder to get since one drops in T2E and just doesn't drop often, and the other drops in T3E, so you'll likely be flooded with Nyx P. systems and Sicarus parts before ever seeing the Carrier part.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That t4 sab can get nasty as the keys seem pretty darn rare to me.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Korror wrote: »
    Rather amusing thing happened to me a few days ago.

As I said before, I'm a newbie and like a newbie I did some silly things like fusing away critical mods before I found replacements. I did this with the damaged Serration (+% rifle damage) mod that they give you early because it was damaged and thus clearly worthless. I mean, I found non-damaged versions of the other mods pretty easily so I'll just get a real one later.

It turned out that it was not so easy. Looking up the drop locations online, I found that Serration is a %5 drop from survival missions at 20 minutes or a rare drop from enemies that I'd never seen. I could do the survival mission easily enough but at 20 minutes per run, that meant I had roughly 7 hours of farming before I saw one on the average. Not having it also meant my rifle damage was horrible I had had to rely on melee + warframe abilities for my kills which made it hard to get to the new areas.

I was on the point of dropping plat to try to get this mod when I did a random infection/invasion alert. I don't remember much of it, it was a bit too high level for me but I got carried by the rest of my team and on the reward screen, lo and behold, Serration dropped. Still not sure how that happened as it wasn't on the wiki but that drop made me so happy. Got a new gun, slotted serration in and went to back to killing things as a goddam space/ninja/robot. All my work and research and it drops randomly from a place I wasn't farming.

Korror, if you're on pc, I will use up days worth of your trades giving you mods, I have very many extras.

@ringswraith this is my duration loki setup, though I normally don't use energy syphon.

ErCwe20.jpg

kralizecc on
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

Korror, if you're on pc, I will use up days worth of your trades giving you mods, I have very many extras.

@kralizecc Thanks for the offer but I don't think there's anything I NEED at the moment. I farmed hard for Serration because lack of it was holding me back and in comparison everything else is just nice to have.

Could still use a clan invite if anyone has an active clan, KoreWarframe is my username..

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    My clan of one person is in the alliance, but it's not what I'd call active. It does however have a fully stocked dojo and I'll send you an invite if you like and you can accept it or wait for someone in the PA clan to send one. I can float you all the mods that would be nice to have, it's no problem and I have so. many.

kralizecc on
  • Options

I don't.

He's been whining about this off forum too, so I'm giving him an extra hard time.
    But I guess enjoying fast is badwrongfun from what I'm reading. I guess people prefer walking and occasionally sprinting?

This ridiculous attitude is why people are shitting on you dude. Just because people are glad coptering is going away doesn't mean they want the game to play slow. That's a completely absurd way to look at the situation.

• Options

I don't.

He's been whining about this off forum too, so I'm giving him an extra hard time.
    But I guess enjoying fast is badwrongfun from what I'm reading. I guess people prefer walking and occasionally sprinting?

This ridiculous attitude is why people are shitting on you dude. Just because people are glad coptering is going away doesn't mean they want the game to play slow. That's a completely absurd way to look at the situation.

Yeah, I don't care that the dude has a differing opinion. That's totally fine! I have lots of opinions that others don't agree with! It's the "this game is fucking doomed and DE is just there twirling their mustache and trying to fuck everyone over" toxic attitude that I have a problem with. Like I don't know that Armchair even likes the game anymore and if he were to say he does I don't think I'd believe him. Not liking the game would even be okay because not everything is everyone's cup of tea and if the game has changed in ways that he doesn't like over the years that's understandable. But if you hate everything so much then why bother reading the Warframe thread anymore besides to come in here and shit all over everything?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    @kralizecc Thank you for the screenshot- turns out I have all those mods except Hushed Invisibility, though my Prime mods are not leveled so I'm using the normal ones for now (since those are leveled).

How do folks go about raising mod levels?

• Options
    O.o

o.O

How on God's green earth did you get to loki prime without learning how to fuse mods?

This discussion has been closed.