Options

[steam] sale combined with possible Friday Night Gaming, inquire within...

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    @Antoshka continues to be a jerk:

cTNPFYG.jpg

You make some innocent inquiries and he hits you over the head with an OST.

Rude! Thanks though! More tunes to pass my boring night work.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Note for any badge collectors!

The discount which Steam is applying to people who have authentication on their phone appears to have automatically triggered for buy calls which people had in place. This resulted in a ton of peoples' wallets being emptied as they auto-bought at discounted prices, which has resulted in the entire market being forced down. Badges are cheaper than I've ever seen, and there's a glut of people who have buy orders in place without the money in their wallet to take place, so in some cases people have cards for sale with a good 20-30 buy orders in place which aren't being acted on, leading people to list for even LOWER.

With the winter sale coming up, if you want to collect a few sets to get extra winter cards, get while the gettin's good.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    UGH! All I wanted to do watch play blu rays on my PC, but problems keep occurring which prevent me from doing so.

First the blu ray drive didn't come with any media playing software, then none of my already installed software worked with blu rays, and now after I spent $87AUD on the steam version of PowerDVD, the damn thing won't even start up. Fails at the first time setup.

"Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)"

Tried flushing Steam application files, deleting the 'appcache' folder, verifying the game file, but nothing works.

And when I tried to launch a steam support, it redirected me to the CyberLink website.

oVsyr4R.jpg

Anyway, I'm going to play with FO4's character creator some more. I attempted to create myself but gave up quickly because it didn't really look like me and also because playing as myself just feels weird.

I'm going to have a go at making One Punch Man and maybe Robert Downey Jr, before I go prettiest princess of the wasteland

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Bad day for me.. Lost my last pet in the house :(

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Well, I've just had a potter around the marketplace and after a bit of a badge crafting session I've also acquired a batch of coupons I am unlikely to use. So, if anyone wants to snag one (or more) feel free to poke me.

I have:

90% off The Binding of Isaac
    75% off Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
    75% off Treeker: The Lost Glasses
    50% off Scribble Space
    50% off Prompt

Cheers!

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm officially starting my new job today. I've mentioned this before, but it's my first time working since May of last year. It's going to be great to be part of a team of librarians again, albeit this is in the form of "substitute librarian" but it's something! This last year and a half was the first time I'd been unemployed since high school. It's a huge relief, as I've applied for multiple library jobs since then and always got turned down. I was starting to feel like I was unemployable or something.

Anyway, on a lighter note, a reminder about my giveaway which ends at 4 PM central US time:
    SteevL wrote: »
    I've really been enjoying Axiom Verge, although one thing I'll note about it is it's the first Metroidvania I've played in a while that doesn't really hold your hand and tell you where to go. This is pretty cool for the most part, although right now I am seriously annoyed because I am stuck and can't really think of where to go anymore.

It's currently on sale for $13.99, but you can take a shot at this giveaway to get it for free:
    signature.png

I set it to end tomorrow so that people can still get it for that price if they don't win.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Entering that stage of Bethesda games with Fallout 4 where I'm totally burnt out. Swear to myself I'll come back and finish, and probably forget about it.

Also been playing Asscreed Syndicate so I'm about full of big budget bloated games right now. Time to spend some time with smaller scale games I think. I say that with Just Cause 3 a day away, though at least that game is looking fairly silly.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I have a 250mm intake fan blowing on my GPU. Bigger is better, I win. :razz:

It's not the size of the fan, it's the uhhh, RPM that counts. Yeah.

You're a blower not a shower?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Entering that stage of Bethesda games with Fallout 4 where I'm totally burnt out. Swear to myself I'll come back and finish, and probably forget about it.

Also been playing Asscreed Syndicate so I'm about full of big budget bloated games right now. Time to spend some time with smaller scale games I think. I say that with Just Cause 3 a day away, though at least that game is looking fairly silly.

Focus on main quest and only main quest.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    108 hours into Fallout 4.

Finally joined a faction last night.
    Started on main quest.

This game is mind-bogglingly big. I'm gonna say it's bigger - with more to do/see/explore - than any other game I've ever played.

Having tons of fun... and already planning ahead for character #2. Current character is a sneaky, sniper-y, pistol-wielder. Next one is going to be all about big weapons, power armor, things that go boom, and lots of drugs.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey, playing through Ori and the Blind Forest right now; I seem to recall there was an issue where certain areas of the game couldn't be returned to, so if you failed to get all the items there, you couldn't get 100%. Did they end up fixing that? And if not, what areas should I be on the lookout for?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Started on main quest.

This game is mind-bogglingly big. I'm gonna say it's bigger - with more to do/see/explore - than any other game I've ever played.

Having tons of fun... and already planning ahead for character #2. Current character is a sneaky, sniper-y, pistol-wielder. Next one is going to be all about big weapons, power armor, things that go boom, and lots of drugs.

I'm at 66 hours and a decent way through the main quest, but I don't do a whole lot of pure exploration. I started out sneaky, but have been using power armor a lot lately. The jetpack upgrade is just too useful. I need to figure out a way to make the boost last longer.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    This game is freaking enormous - 100% agree.

As with every Fallout game before it, no matter my intentions, the top priority becomes carry capacity. If I don't pick up that plunger or that telephone now, I will be one short of rubber or circuits for a desired upgrade the next time I do a session of settlement expansion - guaranteed.

So my previous stat/perk upgrades are on hold to run up Lone Wanderer (Dogmeat doesn't count!) and then get strength high enough to take a few levels of Strong Back.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Hey, playing through Ori and the Blind Forest right now; I seem to recall there was an issue where certain areas of the game couldn't be returned to, so if you failed to get all the items there, you couldn't get 100%. Did they end up fixing that? And if not, what areas should I be on the lookout for?

It's pretty much every dungeon type place.

They are working on some sort of "definitive version" of the game so I imagine if they figure out a workaround for it, it'll be around that time frame.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    As a brief update on Steam Link and Controller, I had been having issues with audio stuttering in some games with the Steam Link. Specifically, a non-Steam version of Tales from the Borderlands where the audio is kind of important. This was over WiFi. This weekend, I grabbed a powerline ethernet adapter (I think this is the one I got) and that seems to have fixed my audio issues completely.

But this brought up another Steam controller issue which is, I have Tales from the Borderlands via the Telltale site but I've added it as a non-Steam game so I can play easily. But because it's a non-steam game, there are only the default controller templates and no recommended or community ones available. Is there some easy way to say, "use the controller scheme of Game X in Game Y" or lookup the controller scheme for one game and apply it to another? I could not find that as an option but it would be VERY handy for non-Steam games, especially if they have a steam equivalent like Tales from the Borderlands.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options

Started on main quest.

I'm at 66 hours and a decent way through the main quest, but I don't do a whole lot of pure exploration. I started out sneaky, but have been using power armor a lot lately. The jetpack upgrade is just too useful. I need to figure out a way to make the boost last longer.

Yeah, I tend to explore a LOT. I started out from Sanctuary in the beginning and just went east along the top edge of the map all the way to the sea, then south a ways, then back west... I'm pretty thorough about not letting a building/site/thing go unexplored. Except subways/sewers. Fuck those, unless a quest takes me there. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    No they did not. Here are the areas that get locked once you leave them:
    Ginso Tree, Farlorn Ruins and the Misty Woods.
    Also, once you enter the final area of the game, Mount Horu, you can't leave it anymore so be sure to %100 the rest of the map before.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Interesting. Someone has made a site for steam controller setups so you can download the config files for non-steam games. www.steamcontrollerdb.com

This might be useful for you you @Kalnaur

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Thanks to @vegeta_666 for the gift of Valkyria Chronicles!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Bored to hell browsing this sale, but I'm still itching to try something new. I just don't know what.

A telltale game maybe? Walking Dead season 1 was pretty good. Season 2 was alright but not as good. Wolf Among Us was okay. I didn't like the fact that despite being in a big city everything felt like it was happening in a vacuum. Like nothing existed beyond the dozen or so characters in the game. This works fine for Walking Dead obviously.

Haven't tried any of the other telltale games yet. Suggestions?

Jurassic Park. The isolated feeling makes sense, and it's worth screwing up QTEs to see the fantastic dinosaur chomp sessions.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Bored to hell browsing this sale, but I'm still itching to try something new. I just don't know what.

A telltale game maybe? Walking Dead season 1 was pretty good. Season 2 was alright but not as good. Wolf Among Us was okay. I didn't like the fact that despite being in a big city everything felt like it was happening in a vacuum. Like nothing existed beyond the dozen or so characters in the game. This works fine for Walking Dead obviously.

Haven't tried any of the other telltale games yet. Suggestions?

Jurassic Park. The isolated feeling makes sense, and it's worth screwing up QTEs to see the fantastic dinosaur chomp sessions.

I failed every single QTE. On purpose. Twice. Once for giggles, once for screenshot purposes. :lol:

<3 Jurassic Park.

Now I need a new people-eating-simulator game. :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

Aren't you currently playing one?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    JP is $5.00 now, traditionally been $7.50.

Ugh. Glad I unlinked my credit card from Steam.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• Options
    EvilMonkey wrote: »

Aren't you currently playing one?

No, my current character is my usual first-playthrough "be a nice person, do good deeds" sort. My next one will be happy to munch on the fallen, however...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Come to think of it I don't think I ate anything in FO3 or FO:NV. People or otherwise. Why use your teeth like a sucker when you can stick healing directly into your veins?

The effectiveness of (cooked) food in the new one got buffed correct? Are stimpacks still incredibly plentiful?

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    All that Emperor talk reminded me that I needed to play Chaos Rising, so I bought it! Steam sale actually hit my wallet this time!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I found some food sanitizer early in the game and eat every snack I can find, Rads be damned.

sig.gif

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Come to think of it I don't think I ate anything in FO3 or FO:NV. People or otherwise. Why use your teeth like a sucker when you can stick healing directly into your veins?

Because you're playing hardcore mode and you'll starve to death in a ditch?

Burnage on
  • Options

The effectiveness of (cooked) food in the new one got buffed correct? Are stimpacks still incredibly plentiful?

Cooked food in FO4 is greatly effective. Lots of healing (for the most part ... love deathclaw steaks!) and some buffs - bonus AP, energy resist, rad resist, etc.

Stimpaks are crazy plentiful too. I have almost 200 of them saved up so far. Partly because I just rarely need them because I'm just that badass ( :razz: ), but mostly because they're every-freaking-where.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular

Cooked food varies from basic healing (cooked radroach meat just heals IIRC) to super useful (radstag meat heals 160HP and increases your carry weight for 1 real time hour of play)

I currently have over 120 stimpaks. I do not buy any, and I haven't been stingy with using them when I get into fights since my frail character's limbs get crippled quite easily.

I actually have to do some inventory management back at Sanctuary next time I'm there, because I've got so much cooked food on my person that it's becoming an issue.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Power Armor is cool, but you can't craft or do anything like that while in it, and I don't feel like getting out.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Hello Steam thread. I don't post here much, but I figured I'd drop by to brag about my new internet connection.

4875364792.png
    Cx8wWYf.png
    It's sold as 200/200 mb/s, but it's uncapped. And it costs less than a Netflix subscription.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    scandinavian internets 2 stronk

meanwhile in the land of the free I'm paying almost a bill for about 120mbps down and ahahahah-are-you-fucking-kidding-me mbps up, with the privilege of paying even more if Comcast sends a guy over to tell me, "Hey, that's a nice pipe you got there. Be a shame if a data cap should hit it."

and 120mpbs is kind of amazing compared to a lot of this country

usa #1 free market owns

Zxerol on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    What are the thread's opinions on Armello? Reviews generally seem mixed, but I'm a sucker for computer board games. Also, does anyone have any experience playing the game with touch controls?

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Because you're playing hardcore mode and you'll starve to death in a ditch?

Not my cup-o-tea (clearly). I should give the game mode a fair chance but sadly finding the time for multiple playthroughs of Bethesda products is not in the cards for my foreseeable future.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    What are the thread's opinions on Aramello? Reviews generally seem mixed, but I'm a sucker for computer board games. Also, does anyone have any experience playing the game with touch controls?

No experience with touch controls.

My impressions are that it's a very pretty game with a good sound track but isn't anything stunning. It's functionally a light strategy/adventure game that you've probably played a bunch of similar stuff to before if you're into board games. Whether you'll enjoy it probably comes down to how much you like that kind of deal and if you can get friends to play it with.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Holy fuck, @Peewi. Do you live inside CERN?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    What are the thread's opinions on Aramello? Reviews generally seem mixed, but I'm a sucker for computer board games. Also, does anyone have any experience playing the game with touch controls?

I really liked what I played which so far is probably about 8 games. It's visually really nice. I'm not a great boardgame player so some of the finer mechanics of the game still seem kind of mysterious to me but I've never really felt cheated. It's the kind of game that I think would be confusing and very difficult to play on an actual board but it can move pretty quickly. I haven't played the multiplayer at all but would like to at some point. There are multiple characters to use that each play differently. In addition, there are unlocks that you choose when you start the game which give you different perks. All games require 4 players (bots or humans) and if you are playing by yourself, the computer's turns take about 20-30 seconds before your next turn.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    scandinavian internets 2 stronk

meanwhile in the land of the free I'm paying almost a bill for about 120mbps down and ahahahah-are-you-fucking-kidding-me mbps up, with the privilege of paying even more if Comcast sends a guy over to tell me, "Hey, that's a nice pipe you got there. Be a shame if a data cap should hit it."

and 120mpbs is kind of amazing compared to a lot of this country

usa #1 free market owns

My previous connection was 80 down/20 up for 250 DKK and most other ISPs offer slower connections for the same price. I think it's more similar to Google Fiber becoming available in your area.

This discussion has been closed.