Options

WORLD PREMIERE: [The Game Awards] and [Playstation Experience]

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Accurate!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It was a nice feeling this morning to load up my friends list on PSN and see like twenty people playing FFVII

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Did you know that in the FF7 ps4 rerelease you can turn on a triple speed mode, turn off encounters, or make yourself instantly get limit breaks by pressing in on the thumbsticks?

Super convenient!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm cautiously optimistic for Ace Combat 7

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Did you know that in the FF7 ps4 rerelease you can turn on a triple speed mode, turn off encounters, or make yourself instantly get limit breaks by pressing in on the thumbsticks?

Super convenient!

These cheats are kind of insane and also NECESARRY

Cause man being able to speed through stuff in this game is exactly what I want

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

I have an unplayed copy of Witcher 3 here, Life is Strange, I'm barely into Metal Gear or AC Syndicate...

and I just blew up that first Mako reactor

• Options
    also young me would always run from the Shinra soldiers

current me is basically I WILL TAKE ALL COMERS and I got mad when the game forced me to bail

• Options
    I had planned to get back into witcher after beating fallout last night but NOPE

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I had planned to get back into witcher after beating fallout last night but NOPE

What if I told you someone had modded it to replace all combat with games of Gwent? Would that sweeten the pot?

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

What if I told you someone had modded it to replace all combat with games of Gwent? Would that sweeten the pot?

This is something that I am 100% behind in theory, but would loathe actually playing

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic for Ace Combat 7

I have to buy every Ace Combat, but that was one of the worst teasers I've ever seen. The voice acting is terrible, and if it's in any way close to what's in the game I'm going to suffer greatly.

• Options
    I just did the crossdressing quest in FFVII, which I remembered well

what I DIDN'T remember is the big gay orgy scene

yow

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

"Hrm, Griffin, they're pretty good at Children's Card games, might be trouble."

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Uh, yeah. That's not exactly or even remotely what people want.

No I don't.
  • Options
    I'm willing to bet that's a translation error

if not, it makes sense. they're probably hurting for revenue, and everyone in the world will buy the first episode anyway

• Options
    If it ensured that the game actually comes out in the next 5 years then sure, give it to me in chunks. I don't care I'm gonna buy it anyway.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    What if it's episodic and each episode covers a different disc

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

if not, it makes sense. they're probably hurting for revenue, and everyone in the world will buy the first episode anyway

Yeah, it would make sense. Hell, I started playing FFVII tons of time, and I pretty much always stop after getting out of Midgar. If they broke it up into that and everything after that (more of a Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain type situation) that would be cool.

No I don't.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Episode 1: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
    Episode 2: FF7
    Episode 3: Advent Children
    Episode 4: Dirge of Cerberus

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    if it does indeed end up being episodic, and succeeds (and let's be honest, it most likely would still be successful), I wonder if Square would shift to making more FF games that way

it might help mitigate the absolutely insane development costs associated with the series

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    If it ensured that the game actually comes out in the next 5 years then sure, give it to me in chunks. I don't care I'm gonna buy it anyway.

More importantly, if it means that in the end you wind up with a game that's bigger and more expansive than the original, then that's also a plus.

But there's some big downsides to this, and if they don't get addressed real soon then there's going to be a lot of negative press.

• Options
    FFXIII Episode 1
    FFXIII Episode 2
    FFXIII Episode 3 - Lightning Returns

• Options
    I just hope they don't cut out the ability to wonder around the world map.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Episodic is fine by me

Final Fantasy games are all too long anyway

Maybe now I'll actually finish one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if it does indeed end up being episodic, and succeeds (and let's be honest, it most likely would still be successful), I wonder if Square would shift to making more FF games that way

it might help mitigate the absolutely insane development costs associated with the series

yeah, final fantasy has kind of needed a deep restructuring for modern game design for a while

the current slow, big budget design is not sustainable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Basically there are two things they absolutely must have in order to make this work:

1. A consistent release window for each episode (assuming it's more than three parts)

2 An equal amount of content for each part

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    That is....horrible news.

God help me, I would still buy it, but goddamn, it would hurt not to play FFVII as one, complete game.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    wait til the whole thing is released

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    More importantly, if it means that in the end you wind up with a game that's bigger and more expansive than the original, then that's also a plus.
    a remake of an old game would actually be the perfect excuse to start trying to dial back the series's increasingly untenable scope

• Options
    So how would they break it up beyond Midgar? I can't exactly remember the structure of when areas open up/the story.

No I don't.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    wait til the whole thing is released

this is what I do with episodic games now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

yeah, final fantasy has kind of needed a deep restructuring for modern game design for a while

I'd buy 3 25-30 hour FFs as quickly as I'd buy one 70-80 hour, but it's gotta be one pre-planned story arc instead of the disjointed FFX and FFXIII sequels. X and XIII felt like complete games and I didn't feel a huge need to return to those worlds.

• Options

I'd buy 3 25-30 hour FFs as quickly as I'd buy one 70-80 hour, but it's gotta be one pre-planned story arc instead of the disjointed FFX and FFXIII sequels.

Well good news!

• Options
    Yeah obviously! I just mean it doesn't have to be 7. They could do it with 15 too for all I care! Just gotta keep the content coming at a reasonable rate.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/586/final-fantasy-vii-remake-showcased-at-playstation-experience
    LOS ANGELES (Dec. 6, 2015) - During this past weekend’s PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, SQUARE ENIX® debuted a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, the full remake of the award-winning role-playing game, FINAL FANTASY VII. The new trailer features the first CG scenes as well as gameplay footage. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.

I can't even be mad. I'm an FF and KH fan. I'm used to it at this point

Last time I was truly happy was KH2's release. 3's never coming out. I've reached Acceptance

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    In other words, FF7 Remake won't actually be finished until 2030

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    In other words, FF7 Remake won't actually be finished until 2030

Bad choice; it'll have to compete with Half-Life 3 then.