Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    We never did find out what Nick Fury said to Thor did we?

Wow we didn't.

It's almost like they got it out of their ass and have no idea what would even be enough to to de-worthy Thor in a few simple words, and know that whatever they made it it would be disappointing!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Drascin wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    We never did find out what Nick Fury said to Thor did we?

Wow we didn't.

It's almost like they got it out of their ass and have no idea what would even be enough to to de-worthy Thor in a few simple words, and know that whatever they made it it would be disappointing!
    That's

Not true at all

Like I am expecting it to be disappointing, definitely, but Jason Aaron has known exactly what was said and is still writing Thor and has said that it will be revealed before he is done with the title. It wasn't just an asspull that they are scrambling to fill in, Aaron has a plan and is playing the long game. He's still building towards the War of the Nine Realms that he started setting up back in God of Thunder 4 years ago.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Another fun logistical question occurs

Scott Lang knew Falcon was an Avenger in Ant-Man

When the Avengers had all that turnover at the end of Ultron, did they have to issue like, a press release

Was there an earnings call

Is it public knowledge that one of the Avengers is an android with a cheerful British brain
    There's a tradition of Avengers doing press conferences for new teams so I wouldn't be surprised if they did one

"Mr. StarkCaptain America! Tub Blarblar, World News News. With Wanda Maximoff in the payroll, would you say you are now pro-felon illegal immigrants?"

Morkath on
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Bendis or Waid mentioned that even they don't know what Fury told Thor, the only ones who know are Aaron, his editor, Brevoort and Alonso.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Hrmm

Black Panther and Wonder Man both don't have voice acting

You're slipping, TinyCo

fuckyoupayus
    You can't buy voice acting! That doesn't apply!

I dunno

if you throw some money at me I can read some lines for you.

You could, like, pretend they're coming from the game.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Going through Winter Soldier now

Oh god the Peggy/Steve scene is so heartbreaking

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    If anybody was thinking of trying out Marvel Unlimited, you can get a free month now with the promo codes TEAMCAP or TEAMIM.

Oooooo

• Options
    Falcon is one of the best characters in the MCU

Dude immediately risks his life and throws away everything he had to help Steve when he had no reason to, loves being an Avenger and helping his friend and is consistently hilarious and charming and also Anthony Mackie is dreamy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Also; the fact that three of the dudes in Civil War are named Steve, Scott, and Sam seems like it has a lot of potential to confuse.

Hey if they can get by behind the scenes with a thousand Chris's , I think we can accommodate some S names :biggrin:

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Bendis or Waid mentioned that even they don't know what Fury told Thor, the only ones who know are Aaron, his editor, Brevoort and Alonso.

I'm pretty sure the only secret those 4 hold at this point, is that nobody knows what fury said.

• Options
    edited May 2016

I'm pretty sure the only secret those 4 hold at this point, is that nobody knows what fury said.
    If you really think Jason Aaron, who has been telling one giant story in Thor since the beginning, doesn't know then I don't know what to tell you dude

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

If you really think Jason Aaron, who has been telling one giant story in Thor since the beginning, doesn't know then I don't know what to tell you dude

Ya true on the Aaron part, just does seem like way past the point of reveal, but there were a lot of hands muddled all over that event too weren't there?

• Options

Ya true on the Aaron part, just does seem like way past the point of reveal, but there were a lot of hands muddled all over that event too weren't there?
    Not really, Aaron handled the whole thing. It just wasn't well received

He commented on the past few months that he hasn't forgotten about it and that it will be revealed before he's done with Thor, probably around the end when Jane's cancer will undoubtedly progess and Odinson has Ultimate Mjolnir

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Haha have they still not revealed whatever bullshit Fury came out with

That's hilarious

What's it been like two years since they pulled that?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They should never mention it again, and quietly forget about it because that would almost certainly be less disappointing than whatever the reveal will end up being.

• Options
    Oh yeah, to be clear, I think the reveal is going to suck and nothing will make that sloppy storytelling work

But Aaron definitely knows what was said and has plans on when to reveal it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how y'alls inability to think of a satisfying answer to that question somehow means that Aaron couldn't have? It may suck, but I'm not going to assume one way or another, because Aaron has already produced enough interesting ideas on this run that I hadn't or wouldn't have thought of, I'm open to the idea that he might have one or two more that we haven't seen yet.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I'm not sure how y'alls inability to think of a satisfying answer to that question somehow means that Aaron couldn't have? It may suck, but I'm not going to assume one way or another, because Aaron has already produced enough interesting ideas on this run that I hadn't or wouldn't have thought of, I'm open to the idea that he might have one or two more that we haven't seen yet.
    I just think that given the fact that it has to be a single sentence or phrase, there isn't a satisfying answer for what could shake Thor Odinson's very being to the degree that he would no longer be worthy and go down the road he did.

Aaron could absolutely prove me wrong, he's an excellent writer, but I am incredibly skeptical.

The best guess I've heard is
    You can't save her. In regards to Jane Foster.
    and even though it is the best I would still find it very unsatisfying

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Even if the words were legit that whole thing was just a total mess of awful storytelling and nothing will salvage it.

EDIT: And by that I mean Original Sin being the vehicle for a totally left field plot twist rather than Jane having superpowers which is a decent idea. As far as the whole "Thor is a title" thing, well it wasn't (his name is Thor Odinson), but then they decided it was. Which is stupid, but whatever.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Is that Spider-man mobile phone/tablet game any good? It's the only other appearance of Aikman's Spider-man armor.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Is that Spider-man mobile phone/tablet game any good? It's the only other appearance of Aikman's Spider-man armor.
    It's a totally servicable endless runner from the short amount I played

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I feel like if it was going to be that, the moment has passed.
    But who knows, maybe it will be revealed when Jane is about to die. But if it were me I would have revealed it when Thor was revealed as Jane. Otherwise it's this awkward silence.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I feel like if it was going to be that, the moment has passed.
    But who knows, maybe it will be revealed when Jane is about to die. But if it were me I would have revealed it when Thor was revealed as Jane. Otherwise it's this awkward silence.
    To be fair, the only person who knows Jane is Thor besides, well, Jane is Sam Wilson.

Odinson has no idea

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Nick Fury Sr whispered an actual magical spell into Thor's ear that shorted out the worthy enchantment

That's right, he was also a wizard the whole time

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Nick Fury Sr whispered an actual magical spell into Thor's ear that shorted out the worthy enchantment

That's right, he was also a wizard the whole time

I'd almost be okay with that

wizards do things all the time, they're completely irresponsible

20081015.gif

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Avengers Academy. In some of these Civil War missions I am getting what look like SHIELD ID badges. I can not figure out what these are for. No one seems to need them to level up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    It's a totally servicable endless runner from the short amount I played

Hmmm OK thanks

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    hella boob armor there

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Armor Wars is gonna be the best marvel movie yet

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

Yeah that

That is not good.

It's like a The Guyver Rainbow.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I had a feeling when they showed off Rita

And yeah, that's about what I was expecting

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Well, he does see him at the new Avengers facility, and Falcon is a known ally of Captain America.

It'd be safe for Scott to assume Falcon is an Avenger.

I mean, the only other time Sam's been seen in action with Steve was at the tail end of Winter Soldier, and I doubt anybody knew much beyond "Hydra used Shield to make some battleships that Captain America blew up."

And there were a lot of people bustling about the New Avengers facility at the end of AoU, so it'd probably be reasonable for Scott to think Falcon was just Some Dude unless the team publicly explained what happened in Sokovia and introduced the new team at some point between AoU and Ant-Man.

Though the more likely explanation is that the screenwriter forgot, or thought it'd be easier for the audience if Scott recognized Sam as an Avenger without giving a big explanation as to why.

Black Widow testified to the events of Winter Soldier in Congress at the end of the movie. Considering that she was there to be as truthful as possible it's wholly likely that she also explains the bird man seen in DC before and during the attack on the Helicarrier.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Falcon is one of the best characters in the MCU

Dude immediately risks his life and throws away everything he had to help Steve when he had no reason to, loves being an Avenger and helping his friend and is consistently hilarious and charming and also Anthony Mackie is dreamy

Even from the very first scene during the run, it's amazing how they immediately make him so incredibly likeable.

"Did you just take it? I assume you just took it."

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    hahahahahaha

fuck off, Power Rangers: The Movie 2

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Anthony Mackie's motormouth can be used for both good and evil, as we've seen

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm getting a major Mass Effect armor vibe from that photo

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Yeah that

That is not good.

It's like a The Guyver Rainbow.

also don't you fucking dare disrespect Guyver like this

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png