Options

[Overwatch 6.0]Old Thread, Go to New Thread!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Losing a close match is okay. Getting stomped is okay.

When your team can attack very well but completely fails on defense or vice versa.

That feels awful. Because you're about to play 15 minutes of a game for a coin flip.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hey @DasUberEdward, I played with a guy named DUE last night. Was that you?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Had three teammates in the last game who couldn't seem to do any real damage with their only-do-damage heroes.

Eventually I switched from Mercy to Genji in the last minute of the round, and got gold in eliminations and damage.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    All S:76, all the time. That's gotta be the way to go.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've shut down a few mech recalls in the past, her hurtbox seems to be active for longer than DVa players think

I had a Reaper that was up my ass when I called in my mech.

I did not know that my mech coming down could kill someone.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I've been killed by the summoned mech a few times. It's always embarrassing.

• Options
    Hey @DasUberEdward, I played with a guy named DUE last night. Was that you?

Nope. If you see an Edward anywhere it might be me though! Edward#12790 if you're on PC.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bubs wrote: »
    No, he's fine. Hitting the bursts is still what makes you a good 76, I haven't noticed any change

How can you be good at an inaccurate targeting reticle?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It works like an assault rifle in any other game ever made instead of being laser accurate 100% of the time. It's fine.

• Options
    It works like an assault rifle in any other game ever made instead of being laser accurate 100% of the time. It's fine.

I'm not sure how that has any relevance to his viability pre and post nerf.

He was a lot better when you could burst fire without taking an aim penalty.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I've shut down a few mech recalls in the past, her hurtbox seems to be active for longer than DVa players think

I had a Reaper that was up my ass when I called in my mech.

I did not know that my mech coming down could kill someone.

I got a double kill off my D.Va ult, but one of the kills was pre-explosion because i jumped out and boosted it off a ledge onto a Hanzo's head.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

Once they bring McCree's range back in a bit (assuming that's what they do), 76 will be more useful. He's still in a good place.

• Options

Once they bring McCree's range back in a bit (assuming that's what they do), 76 will be more useful. He's still in a good place.

I was making a follow-up post to say there isn't much of a reason to pick Soldier with McCree in the game right now. If you have accuracy to hit within the reduced time window with 76 i'm relatively certain you would do far more damage with McCree at all distances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6v7fob1y88

losing the ability to fire like in the video definitely makes 76 a much less competitive pick.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    You can still fire and reset extremely quickly, and he still has point accurate four-round bursts as far as I can tell.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Hot damn finished my placement matches and got placed at 54. Huzzah mildly above average!

I just finished mine a couple hours ago.

Got 44 :(

I keep myself up by knowing it was 100% PUGs.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Hot damn finished my placement matches and got placed at 54. Huzzah mildly above average!

I landed at 62 on pug power. Still not sure how.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

So much for me feeling up.

Sad-face.jpeg

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    You can still fire and reset extremely quickly, and he still has point accurate four-round bursts as far as I can tell.

"Extremely quickly" honestly seems pretty subjective. For the speed that heroes move at, I think the spread for mid-range needs to be tighter, especially when for the majority of other heroes specced to that range their damage output is far less of a hassle.
    I mean, I would have thought that as the tutorial hero Soldier 76 would have been a spray-and-pray, stress free character. I'm not suggesting pre-fix levels of accuracy, but somewhere in between so I can reliably hit a Reaper at 30-40 meters

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Can't wait to have my dreams destroyed.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_myR9zcZ8

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Insert Prison School meme here.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Took about a month off. . .wow. I'm not really liking the changes especially the Symettra nerf. Like. Of all characters to nerf why are we looking at the support class, whose main damage/defense dies to one shot from ANYTHING? Also they had to have nerfed the speed debuff as well, because now people skate through the turrets like it's nothing.

Because she had the highest win rate in the game. Still does, in fact.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    No, he's fine. Hitting the bursts is still what makes you a good 76, I haven't noticed any change

If you put that reticle right on somebody's face and let off 5 rounds, you're going to hit more shots than if the reticle wasn't on the hitbox. That hasn't changed.

The "nerf" just makes it so you can't run a macro and fire the entire clip without any spread.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    edited July 2016

If you put that reticle right on somebody's face and let off 5 rounds, you're going to hit more shots than if the reticle wasn't on the hitbox. That hasn't changed.

The "nerf" just makes it so you can't run a macro and fire the entire clip without any spread.

You don't need a macro to tap your left mouse button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUc15yQsL34

the difference is absolutely huge when firing at targets from long or medium range.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular

You cannot tap your left mouse button fast enough to not lose shots without rendering it impossible to aim.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Garthor wrote: »

You cannot tap your left mouse button fast enough to not lose shots without rendering it impossible to aim.

It's like. . .right there in the two videos I posted.

(edit: macros to limit his spread in close combat are definitely cheating. i'm not disagreeing with that.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think very few Soldier players actually knew how to abuse his recoil like that before, so for them it's a minimal nerf.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    If that was all the fix was for, then I'm fine with it as long as they ease off on the maximum spread.

Like, the whole pinpoint accuracy was a bit excessive for Soldier 76 at launch since it meant despite the reduced damage at long range he could still suppress snipers and shit (not to mention his rockets) like that. Toning down the current maximum spread but keeping the spread rate would confine his best damage output to medium range while still restricting his overall pinpoint accuracy so that he would be outgunned at sniping distances.

As it stands, a whole bunch of his shots can miss simply due to a random spread pattern, especially against smaller or fast-moving enemies. One of the game's strengths is that players can reliably expect heroes' main attacks to land where they expect them to land. It's fine with McCree's and Hanzo's alt-fire since it's patently designed to engage enemies at close range (or suppress them at long distance), but it's Soldier 76's bread and butter.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    If that was all the fix was for, then I'm fine with it as long as they ease off on the maximum spread.

Like, the whole pinpoint accuracy was a bit excessive for Soldier 76 at launch since it meant despite the reduced damage at long range he could still suppress snipers and shit (not to mention his rockets) like that. Toning down the current maximum spread but keeping the spread rate would confine his best damage output to medium range while still restricting his overall pinpoint accuracy so that he would be outgunned at sniping distances.

The fix didn't touch the max spread as far as I know?. The idea is you do short bursts at range, and when you're in someone's face you can just cut loose.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    That's the thing. I think the maximum spread was excessive to begin with, but because the whole spread mechanic was bugged anyway we never actually hit maximum spread. You could hold down the fire button for as long as you want and it would basically open to a fraction of what it does now.

It was a bug that needed fixing, but I think it reveals something else that could use a bit of tweaking

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    That's the thing. I think the maximum spread was excessive to begin with, but because the whole spread mechanic was bugged anyway we never actually hit maximum spread. You could hold down the fire button for as long as you want and it would basically open to a fraction of what it does now.

It was a bug that needed fixing, but I think it reveals something else that could use a bit of tweaking

Pretty sure that's not true, It only reset when you stopped firing for at least a frame. If you held it down it spread just as much as it does now. The only way you would encounter the spread bug is if you were intentionally burst firing, and that's the part they fixed. Now you need to wait a bit longer on your burst fire to reset it, instead of it being instant. But no changes were made to the max spread if you just hold it down.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I guess it might have just been my playstyle then, because I distinctly remember whiffing heaps of my shots post-fix and wondering what the hell was going on since I'd never hit that sort of reticule bloom in the past.

In any case, I think it just needs adjustment.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Took about a month off. . .wow. I'm not really liking the changes especially the Symettra nerf. Like. Of all characters to nerf why are we looking at the support class, whose main damage/defense dies to one shot from ANYTHING? Also they had to have nerfed the speed debuff as well, because now people skate through the turrets like it's nothing.

If that's the bar for nerfing then there are going to be nerfs every month. I would also put forth that that win rate is largely tied to defense where she is a beast (and rightly so). On most other maps, picking her is a pretty silly thing to do.

Seriously, this was a nerf noone asked for or thought was needed, especially when her ultimate is tied directly to the damage her turrets do. Just nonsense and really makes the character not fun to play.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    I missed that, what did they do to her?

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    nothing that stops her from being good

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

If that's the bar for nerfing then there are going to be nerfs every month. I would also put forth that that win rate is largely tied to defense where she is a beast (and rightly so). On most other maps, picking her is a pretty silly thing to do.

Seriously, this was a nerf noone asked for or thought was needed, especially when her ultimate is tied directly to the damage her turrets do. Just nonsense and really makes the character not fun to play.

Her turrets, which are her primary form of offense, got the 30% nerf that Tor got as well. I feel like also the speed debuff was also weakened.
    tyrannus wrote: »

She's still good in the sense that she's not completely worthless, but it's a nerf that just doesn't make a lot of sense. Nerfing Tor's turrets I can see as it was basically another player on the team, with autoaim. Sym's turrets have limited range, die in one hit from anything and really only wreck if you place them in a carwash (which most people don't do if they want to be good with her).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Was this a PC and Console change or only console?

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wow. Just had a game in which I never died. Had a pretty darn good team with me.

Oh, and I learned that defense matrix can shoot down McCree's Deadeye bullets. So that's fun.

• Options
    Only console.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

Her turrets, which are her primary form of offense, got the 30% nerf that Tor got as well. I feel like also the speed debuff was also weakened.
    tyrannus wrote: »

She's still good in the sense that she's not completely worthless, but it's a nerf that just doesn't make a lot of sense. Nerfing Tor's turrets I can see as it was basically another player on the team, with autoaim. Sym's turrets have limited range, die in one hit from anything and really only wreck if you place them in a carwash (which most people don't do if they want to be good with her).

The thing is whatever she's doing is leading to people winning with her, so by definition she's more than "not worthless." Maybe she feels weak to you and that's fine but if anyone's win rate goes above a certain level they're going to need to nudge them down one way or another.

I will say though that I think her high winrate is less that she's better than other characters and more that people VERY VERY seldomly pick her at inappropriate times, unlike most of the rest of the roster.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does Zero Suit D.va have more than one emote?

This discussion has been closed.