As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RED ALERT BARON CORBIN HAS A MINION TATTOO IN THE WRESTLING THREAD

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I hope Stephanie isn't going to be on this very much. Or Foley for that matter. I'm fine with one-off's every other week, and to let the roster do it's thing. . .

Also I give the "Universal" title till the end of the year before it gets a name change. Ugh. What was wrong with the Worlds and/or Heavywight title?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

SNATCH THOSE EDGES, GIRL

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I am pretty excited to watch Raw tonight.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Things you should watch:
    That Raw
    Ultima Lucha Dos
    G1
    Any Dragon Gate match The Jimmyz have had this year

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Sashley still the best wrestleship.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    uhm excuse me the proper shipmanteau is baysha get it right smdh

• Options
    I prefer Sashley. Sasha's name first. The way a BOSS should be.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Finally Roman lost clean for the first time in his entire career.

Sadly to Finn "Lukewarm Dishwater" Balor.

On one hand, I might finally get the Network for the first PPV in like six months, since Roman won't be involved in a title match. On the other hand, I'd have to sit through a 20 minute Finn "Copyright Infringing Bodypaint" Balor entrance...but at least it would lead to a Seth match. Hmm...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Man I pretty openly dislike Finn but that boy can wrestle, in super excited for a match between him and Seth

Shame everything else about him is soggy toast

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Man I pretty openly dislike Finn but that boy can wrestle, in super excited for a match between him and Seth

he's pretty and has nice abs though

then again, so does seth

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

On one hand, I might finally get the Network for the first PPV in like six months, since Roman won't be involved in a title match. On the other hand, I'd have to sit through a 20 minute Finn "Copyright Infringing Bodypaint" Balor entrance...but at least it would lead to a Seth match. Hmm...

Didn't Roman lose clean to Rollins at MITB? I don't remember shenanigans for that.

• Options
    If he comes out without the dumb paint I might be excited for a match with him and Seth. I would not be interested in Finn winning or wrestling basically anyone else on the RAW roster. I'll see how I feel about it after a few weeks of Finn matches on RAW...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Sashley still the best wrestleship.

I started having flashbacks to the time Sasha reblogged shipping art of them.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

Didn't Roman lose clean to Rollins at MITB? I don't remember shenanigans for that.

Yeah, there was no bullshit.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also Roman lost clean to Dean literally last night

Seth hit him with a chair at some point but that was long before the finish and didn't factor in

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    the ref was half a second late on a pin because of a corner bump at mitb but I don't count that as calling the finish into question

it was when rollins kicked out of the spear I believe

edit - rollins at the very beginning looked scared of finn when he came out as one of the participants. it may have been a bit of 'I didn't expect this' but he certainly wasn't looking cocky imo. just thought it was nice detail.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    If there was any sort of ref bump or anything, that's not clean.

And I'm pretty sure triple threats never count for that either, with all the double-teaming and chair shots and everything.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

He's an adorable boy outside of the ring

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    After Finn being so-so on NXT for so long, he looked intense out out in the Raw ring tonight. Those drop kicks he did in the Fatal 4-Way looked stiff as fuck and once he got done selling Roman's toughness, they put on a good show. I want to see that sort of aggression from him more since they've strapped a rocket to him. Scary, scrappy and small, like Wolverine.

And the main event wasn't even the best match of the night. It had a few slips, but Charlotte/Sasha was a match that needed to happen months ago (Yes I know Sasha was out, still!) and it didn't disappoint. Sasha doing the Eddie lie, cheat, and steal spot was priceless, so glad she got to work that in. Smackdown definitely has it's work cut out for it after Raw set the stakes tonight.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It's shit that they made sasha champion on raw instead of at Mania or summerslam, but at least we can move on from charlotte now.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    No? It's good actually?

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    No? It's good actually?

Yeah, it gets over the idea that important things happen on Raw, not just on PPV, in the New Era.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    It's no surprise they had a title change on the first episode of a new era to make it special and memorable, but it's cool as hell they chose both the women's championship and Sasha to give it to to be that huge special moment

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I wanna see Sashas title plates, hoping for shutter shades

I'd expect "legit" on one side and "boss" on the other.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    If you don't see see a tournament for the new world title in RAW's future, you need a new crystal ball.

It would be too boring to just have Seth/Roman duke it out one more time for the championship. You need to elevate a few guys from the draft into the main event scene on the first show and set the tone for the foreseeable future. Hence, it's tournament time.

And I love tournaments (who doesn't?), so I'm down with it.

EDIT: In fact, let's spitball some tourney participants.

Seth and Roman are shoe-ins.
    Finn
    Sami
    Cesaro
    Jericho
    Owens
    Rusev (or maybe Neville)

So did you go back and add this in after Raw started, or what? I mean, it wasn't a tournament, per se, but the participants...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If there was any sort of ref bump or anything, that's not clean.

And I'm pretty sure triple threats never count for that either, with all the double-teaming and chair shots and everything.
    Who died and made you the arbiter of how wrestling works?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I don't know...he seemed to adapt really well to the bigger stage in his first ring outings. I will be very interested to see if his character work opens up in the same way now that there is space to breath and no pressure to carry the franchise.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    If you don't see see a tournament for the new world title in RAW's future, you need a new crystal ball.

It would be too boring to just have Seth/Roman duke it out one more time for the championship. You need to elevate a few guys from the draft into the main event scene on the first show and set the tone for the foreseeable future. Hence, it's tournament time.

Finn
    Sami
    Cesaro
    Jericho
    Owens
    Rusev (or maybe Neville)

Dammit.

So close...

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I don't think I mentioned how much I loved Bob Backlund trying and failing to take his shirt off at Battleground. It was just stuck around his arms and I couldn't stop laughing.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

I can't for the Summerslam rematch between Sasha and Charlotte.

Going to be some hot fire.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    It's shit that they made sasha champion on raw instead of at Mania or summerslam, but at least we can move on from charlotte now.

Nah.

Their rematch will be great. Period.

And title changes need to happen on the regular shows every once in a while. Especially if you're touting (puns!) a "New Era" for your company.

You absolutely have the women that the crowd has been chanting for for over a year win the title on that show. It sets a tone. And that tone is one of happiness, unpredictability, and promise for the future.

• Options

Finn
    Sami
    Cesaro
    Jericho
    Owens
    Rusev (or maybe Neville)

So did you go back and add this in after Raw started, or what? I mean, it wasn't a tournament, per se, but the participants...

The edit was before the show.

I just looked at who was drafted and tried to do an even split between faces/heels. Would have been a lot harder if the roster was still combined, but given who RAW took, those choices seemed pretty obvious.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    hmm

wwe universal championship

wwe programming is broadcasted on the usa network

the usa network is owned by nbc

nbc is owned...........by universal studios

we're gonna have a damn corporate champ #teachthecontroversy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I'm not crying your crying! God damn Sinclair allergies

you're right, I am crying

and I'm not gonna be ashamed because my favorite wrestler just fulfilled her dream

No it's only the first step to achieving her dream. I'd be down for WHT/Universal Champion Sasha Banks

• Options
    The Universal Championship is what I called my champ of champ title when my toys would wrestle in my toy WWF ring. In order to get a shot, you had to be a champion. Then if you won, they would hold a tournament to determine the new champion of your old belt. I named it Universal because it had to be bigger than the world title.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I've heard some mentions that the Universal Championship should be openweight style, so the guys from the cruiserweight division could also challenge for it, thus making it a "universal" title. Why stop there? Make it truly universal and allow women to challenge for it as well!

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    It is the year of our lord Two Thousand Sixteen, and I am giving money directly to the WWE. Why can't I watch RAW without also giving money to a cable provider :|

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    It is the year of our lord Two Thousand Sixteen, and I am giving money directly to the WWE. Why can't I watch RAW without also giving money to a cable provider :|

At this point, wrestling is basically the only reason I still have cable. It's me, I'm the biggest sucker.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I've heard some mentions that the Universal Championship should be openweight style, so the guys from the cruiserweight division could also challenge for it, thus making it a "universal" title. Why stop there? Make it truly universal and allow women to challenge for it as well!

To my knowledge the Heavyweight titles have been heavyweight in name only since forever....Not that I disagree.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.