Options

[Monster Hunter] Dual thread hunt and this one's dead. Go to new thread.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Do the non villager request village quests unlock anything if I do em all?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    You get the Hayabusa Feather for all village quests

Its a +15 expert helm

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    High Rank is here!

Time to go back to Tetsucabra...

But also a new day to map all kinds of new weapons. Try to see if i can get the old Guard+ and Guard Up combo running again, something i haven't had since 3U. I remember back in Tri and the Agnaktor+ armor: I was a wall. I want that back.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Re: streetpass

In 4u I got a couple occasionally where I live

So far in Gen it's been nothing

That said I'm going to the MH tour next month and worst case if nobody is there it's at a bar so I can get stinko

Maddoc on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Holy crap. @Orphane , @fRAWRst , @Cromarty and I just tried to capture the lord high troll of Seregios. This thing dodged FOUR traps in four different zones before finally walking into the fifth one — which was literally placed directly underneath it. It actually sat there for a solid couple of minutes just shooting spines at us across the pitfall trap we were all standing on the other side of. The Guildmarm owes us big time for that one.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    jalokjalok Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, the only people I know personally who even have DS's all live with me, and while i could get them each the game seems a little expensive just to get some special permit points :biggrin:

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    You get the Hayabusa Feather for all village quests

Its a +15 expert helm

Too bad expert doesn't go past 20

Or i would equip that and a silverwind 3 talisman or something and get so much crit

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Frosteey

guess who got that dope damascus R chest cape today

its soooooo coool

EDIT: and just to brag/show off the new green sharpness GS set

9A1CD35C-4C06-432B-B51A-2D55CBF9887D_zpszhxiedib.jpg

310189D9-9E8B-4E94-890F-2831A9531B25_zps4dq8neeu.jpg

5E8DEAA7-E7C9-439F-8A13-7776F0B35A44_zpsjkptlusd.jpg

26F1A716-457D-45AE-854A-493AE037A857_zps657dt1zz.jpg

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Do the non villager request village quests unlock anything if I do em all?
    dunno when but village unlocks rainbow rotation color pigment

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Some of the non-request village quests unlock requests

Like the village Tigrex and Zinogre unlock requests to kill a second Tigrex and Zinogre

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    So is guild GS the standard?

Aerial felt a bit spammy to me, and striker doesn't seem that great. I'm using adept, but only because the dodge is so good, especially on monsters that are new to me. I don't get the post dodge combo off that much anyway, and it seems at odds with the main GS skills (crit draw and focus, right?). I'm mostly playing solo if that makes any difference.

• Options
    Guild GS is still considered the gold standard, yeah

You can probably make all of them work to some extent, but Guild GS with Absolute Evasion and Absolute Readiness is what the meta kind of settled on

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Finally made it to high rank. I'm slow.

I should really come and play with you all at some point!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The point isn't the health that you recover. The point is that you don't get carted. Given that acorns also regenerate when you sleep (effectively giving you infinite faints if you make sure to head back to the bed after two faints)

wow

I mean you still gotta to do some work but you've really been beating your head against a wall that is kind of an I-win button

I'm not sure how I feel about that yet

I mean I know how I'd feel about it w/r/t the g-rank double cephadrome quest in 4u. But I also know how I felt about it learning gore magala so well I could clown on him in any situation
    ?
    I'm not sure what this comment is referring to. Khezu comes easy to me, having killed a G-rank version with the starting Iron Katana and no armor back in MHFU (takes 45 minutes, ugh). It's a lesson on reading a monster and positioning, mostly.

But I recognize that a lot of people have trouble with him; the hunts we've been doing lately in MHGen have involved single or double carts, and I've soloed him a bit with Prowlers effortlessly because he is easy solo XP to grind (Why do prowlers have to level up??). I was just offering examples on how changing a weapon can make a monster much easier in my original post. The no cart thing can help someone's confidence, just like using Felyne Moxie or Insurance.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Re: streetpass

In 4u I got a couple occasionally where I live

So far in Gen it's been nothing

That said I'm going to the MH tour next month and worst case if nobody is there it's at a bar so I can get stinko
    I've received two total, and one is my coworker. I think it's broken or it's even less popular than 4U....

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Holy crap. Orphane , fRAWRst , Cromarty and I just tried to capture the lord high troll of Seregios. This thing dodged FOUR traps in four different zones before finally walking into the fifth one — which was literally placed directly underneath it. It actually sat there for a solid couple of minutes just shooting spines at us across the pitfall trap we were all standing on the other side of. The Guildmarm owes us big time for that one.
    I'm convinced one of you is cursed when it comes to traps. I never have have this much trouble with trap and capture unless I'm playing with you guys. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    @Frosteey

its soooooo coool

I do no mean to alarm you

but you appear to have a disaster where your head should be.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Frosteey

its soooooo coool

He's just cosplaying as Sauron. Or Leo Dicaprio in "Man in the Iron Mask". Erm

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Frosteey

its soooooo coool

I thought we stopped Sauron when we threw your bow into the fires of the Volcano?

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Good Hunts lastnight @Auralynx @Knight_ and @Polaritie

There was much adventure and I was off my game a bit at first but got some key things done.

I am not liking how mnay things are hidden behind completely arbitrary villager requests. I need a brilliant fluid apparently to move the Toka armor quest forward.

So HR Nibbel here I come.

once I do that there are still two more quests of hyper killing ADVENTURE to do.

• Options
    Frosteey

its soooooo coool

I like the akantor R helm =[

and it has like 8 points in fencing

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    (Why do prowlers have to level up??)

Because the alternative would be upgrading yet another set of weapons and armor? Or, y'know, 60 sets?

Holy crap. Orphane , fRAWRst , Cromarty and I just tried to capture the lord high troll of Seregios. This thing dodged FOUR traps in four different zones before finally walking into the fifth one — which was literally placed directly underneath it. It actually sat there for a solid couple of minutes just shooting spines at us across the pitfall trap we were all standing on the other side of. The Guildmarm owes us big time for that one.
    I'm convinced one of you is cursed when it comes to traps. I never have have this much trouble with trap and capture unless I'm playing with you guys. :D

It's not usually a problem for me either but two of the traps he dodged were mine (including that crazy pitfall nonsense). The fact that Reggie doesn't actually walk a lot makes it harder to bait him, though.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So I am going to need to enlist you guys for srsbiz ADVENTURE - a Hyper 3 quest and the All The Fire Things arena quest - at some point. Just saying.

• Options
    I am probably going to unlock the Hyper Ceanataur at lunch today.

I'll think I want to try to get the work horse ceanataur I am wearing up some more armor value to make it last a little better against these hypers.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

I'll think I want to try to get the work horse ceanataur I am wearing up some more armor value to make it last a little better against these hypers.

Literally everything I have for armor is locked behind Hyper quests or village unlocks for upgrades; I have been thinking of swapping it out.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Literally everything I have for armor is locked behind Hyper quests or village unlocks for upgrades; I have been thinking of swapping it out.

I just have to make this last until I can get Toka unlocked and then make a mix based off of it.

• Options

Yeah being stuck at just under 400 (I think like 391; 403 with an Armorcharm) is rough. I took on Akantor with the Seregios team I mentioned above and it was nearly one-shotting me. Switching to my slightly tougher Chameleos armor despite its fire weakness* worked a bit better, although I need some Heavy(?) Armor Spheres (the reddish ones) to move that along.

That said, I took a good look at Skeletal R since someone was wearing it last night (either fRAWRst or Cromarty) and I think I could make those skills work for me; it even has the necessary slots for Razor (as he was also demonstrating). The armor's inherent Rec Speed Down even kind of works for it thanks to the Furor?

*More food skill changes: eating for Fire Resistance did not erase my -25 like it used to. Instead I was knocked down to merely -15. That's probably for the best, because that was kind of abusable.

• Options
    You can always come farm Hyper Ceanataur with me.

• Options
    I am pretty sure Redhelm everywhere but the hat and my new Duramboros hat would make me a decent hammer set with solid defense...

but I really want Dragon Blast 3 and a maxed out Tamarod Sedition.

Priorities!

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Farming heavy armor spheres sure is a hassle.

On the other hand I really like the look of the Yukumo Sky stuff so I gotta max upgrade it or the defense isn't really great.

440 with evade+ 2 with a good charm should last me till I muddle my way to unlocking Toka. Still not going to mix sets, I find it's actually more interesting that way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Oh I'm going to need to do that too, since I can't use non-Ceanataur builds for specialized sets (like my anti-blast gear) without losing RS until I get a better Charm.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Re: Streetpasses

I started to get tons more for MH4 near the end of last year, when the game was already at a lower price. Unfortunately, about 75% of them were people who played the game for about 2-3 hours and pretty much stopped playing.

I've been wanting to play online with ya'll, but from past experience, doing so pretty much catapults me into higher levels really quickly, and I don't want to leave my local friends behind again :P

• Options

Oh I'm going to need to do that too, since I can't use non-Ceanataur builds for specialized sets (like my anti-blast gear) without losing RS until I get a better Charm.

Ok. maybe sometime this weekend we can do that then. I really want to get this armor up in def so I have something I know I can rely on as a backup in all situations.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Knocking out some LR Hub quests while it's slow at work. Doing the 1* Bulldrome. Head to his starting zone. I enter it, and he is already charging at me and tackles me back out of the zone before he even "sees" me.

Fuck you, Bulldrome. You deserve what's about to happen to you.

EDIT: Oh apparently he was zone transitioning as well. Still.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Is it bad that i'm building a pellet set specifically for kirin

Is that even still a viable strat or should i just rush dreadqueen 6 and just sleep bomb

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Okay, whose idea was it for a multiplayer game with limited communication to gate progress behind a necessity of doing st least 8 quests?

Talking about the urgents you need to do to go from HR5 to HR6- you have to do two quests, and you only get credit if you post them.

Four of us needed them....8 hunts later....

Anyway HR6/ Village 6

So close to unlocking Sakura charm farming.....then I can try and get lucky with a focus talisman and finally move away from my mixed LR bow set that has only 68 defense....

• Options
    I dunno I just soloed them. Gammoth barely even attacks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The urgent system is borked.

Fixing it would be one of the best QOL changes they could make to the game.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    The urgent system is borked.

Fixing it would be one of the best QOL changes they could make to the game.

I'm honestly wondering if it isn't just a limitation of the engine, since the same thing applies to villager requests.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Considering they've changed engines several times in the process of making the different versions: No.

It's an intentional design choice. The fact the English speaking world is super shit about urgent quests is probably barely on their radar, since in Japan a ton of their audience still plays local and it's far harder to just get up and leave after like an asshole without being... Well, an asshole.

I really don't mind it, myself. I always need more parts and honestly you can solo all of them without breaking yourself. Four horns they are not.

steam_sig.png