Options

Everything [Battlefield] - Rumor: BF5 Set In (Alternate Reality?) World War I

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    How do you customize vehicles?

Been driving a lot of heavy tank. That thing is proper beastly.

I used the companion website.

Thanks. I couldn't get it working on my PC but was able to access it on my tablet. There's got to be a way to do that in game though right?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Why are people using the mp18 when the automatico exists?

I don't understand

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular

Thanks. I couldn't get it working on my PC but was able to access it on my tablet. There's got to be a way to do that in game though right?

you can customize vehicles in the deploy screen in-game. Basically, you have to be about to deploy as that vehicle, then you can change your options for it. If you're just deploying as a normal soldier, then no, you cannot change a vehicle loadout. Also, if you jump into someone else's tank/plane/whatever, it saves that person's loadout versus converting to your own (like previous battlefield games did).

253J736.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    WolveSight wrote: »

you can customize vehicles in the deploy screen in-game. Basically, you have to be about to deploy as that vehicle, then you can change your options for it. If you're just deploying as a normal soldier, then no, you cannot change a vehicle loadout. Also, if you jump into someone else's tank/plane/whatever, it saves that person's loadout versus converting to your own (like previous battlefield games did).

The vehicle load out not changing at least makes sense since it'll change the number of seats available in the vehicle.

They really need to make it so you can edit your load outs without being on a server though. That was a giant fucking oversight.

• Options
    emp123 wrote: »

The vehicle load out not changing at least makes sense since it'll change the number of seats available in the vehicle.

They really need to make it so you can edit your load outs without being on a server though. That was a giant fucking oversight.

you can do some in the companion app/website. It's still a little buggy at times, though I've had good success with it so far.

253J736.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular

OK, awesome, thanks. I looked at that but I guess nothing came up, as I hadn't unlocked anything yet. But I didn't see an option to unlock anything until I checked the website. Silly stuff. Good thing the game is so much fun! Will probably unlock the flamethrower tank, sounds like a good time.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You know what I miss that I forgot that I would miss until I noticed I couldn't do it in the game anymore? Kit switching. I wonder if the ragdolls are a contributing factor in my kit-switching difficulties since you have to find the other person's weapon to switch kits...and the person's body might have been flung far away from where their weapon fell.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I do it all the time, very helpful when you're a pilot/tanker without your vehicle.

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I do it all the time, very helpful when you're a pilot/tanker without your vehicle.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's because the body and weapon are separate due to the body ragdolling meters away from where the player died.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

I don't understand

Because sometimes I want to hit something more than 5 feet away.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Look for the white pistol type icon and that's their kit laying on the ground. It's usually near their body but it is separate.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ToyD wrote: »
    Look for the white pistol type icon and that's their kit laying on the ground. It's usually near their body but it is separate.

Yeah...I was doing it all the time during the beta. In release, I haven't seen any of that. Whenever I play Support I look for Medic guns to switch to if things start going sideways and my squad is dying around me. So far, every time I've run over to body to look for a kit, there is no icon, I stand around with my thumb up my ass, and end up at the respawn screen because I'm standing there staring at the ground.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I wish I noticed earlier that the class loadouts have the option of adding profiles. Yay for not having to swap items in and out for different support roles (until the web companion bugs out and reverts to default again).

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Just started playing an hour ago. Man is this game fun.

I had low expectations, but as soon as I started playing, I had a blast.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

you can do some in the companion app/website. It's still a little buggy at times, though I've had good success with it so far.

Yeah, but I shouldnt have to. I should be able to change kits around in game without having to be on a server.

Not that it really bugs me, since I'm either chasing a medal or using a loadout I'm already comfortable with.

• Options

Yeah, but I shouldnt have to. I should be able to change kits around in game without having to be on a server.

Not that it really bugs me, since I'm either chasing a medal or using a loadout I'm already comfortable with.

you "can" switch loadouts when in-game, but yea, I totally agree it should be on the main menu. In fact, if you watch some of the videos they've promoted from the beta or alpha I think, it's actually there. I think they "disabled it" to get people to download the companion for awhile if I have my tinfoil hat on at the moment.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Juggernut wrote: »

I don't understand

Because sometimes I want to hit something more than 5 feet away.

The automatico can still be pretty heckin effective at midish range. I get headshots like crazy with that thing, I'm assuming because of the upward climb. If they're too far away I pepper em with half a mag and that usually gives you enough breathing room to get behind some cover. And if they come after you they're pretty much done.

Automatico best matico

I really want to try the Heliringle. Heilrungle. Hellrangle. Whatever that cool looking rank 10 smg is.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I wish I had sight options in this game.

I know that's not terribly realistic.

But trying to use the pistol-round recon rifle (sorry, I forget the name) makes me want to scream oh jesus the gun takes up half the screen and the iron sight is a small ring just large enough to obscure everything you want to hit at any range beyond spitting distance.

Legit better to just use a sidearm than that gun, christ.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    You can choose from a set of different sights for each gun, and their magnification as well. On the customize screen, your gun will have a gear next to it, select that.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Scout rifles optic options are iron sights or radium sights. I find the weird, green block and post kind of set up makes pulling off more accurate shots harder. But on the 1903 Ex it might work better.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Just got 16 in a row as cavalry. Swording feels so awesome with that slice and kthunk

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    My game is taking way too long to load matches. Guy in my party is in and playing roughly a minute to two minuts before I get in.

• Options
    Man, some of these medals are a real challenge. 75 vehicle damage... sounds easy right? No, it means damage a vehicle 75 different times. Then followed by 10 vehicle disabled... some of these things are so quickly robbed from you and some maps (like Argonne) have no vehicle traffic to speak of.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man, some of these medals are a real challenge. 75 vehicle damage... sounds easy right? No, it means damage a vehicle 75 different times. Then followed by 10 vehicle disabled... some of these things are so quickly robbed from you and some maps (like Argonne) have no vehicle traffic to speak of.

on Argonne, the train would be vehicle damage, as well as the fixed weapon emplacements.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    Spawn shot in the back
    Spawn shot 3 times rapidly with bolt action rifle
    Spawn plane bombed
    Spawn shot in back again
    Spawn in the middle of nowhwere sniped
    Spawn shot in back thrice
    Spawn bayonet charged in back
    Spawn bayonet charged in back again.

Great. Great. GREAT

• Options
    I wish you could see how the guns look. Like, does the M1909 Optical look like the Telescopic Variant or Rifle optical sights?

• Options
    TigerStylezTigerStylez Registered User regular
    I've been having a lot of fun with the mortar especially for attacking points that are being defended.

Usually the first round is used to spot with the follow cam but once you've got a top down view it's pretty easy to fire off another round or two and get hits or kills before they realise why they are taking damage. I can usually use all my ammo before bugging out to another position and setting up another mortar to rinse and repeat it's fun.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I definitely like these mortars more than 4. Lot easier to get a bead on where your rounds are going.

Also, the Lewis Suppressive is civilization. Good damage, controllable RoF, double capacity, better sights, and good accuracy from the hip? Yes please.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    You can choose from a set of different sights for each gun, and their magnification as well. On the customize screen, your gun will have a gear next to it, select that.

Nah, there ain't. My options on sights affect the iron sights (iron or radium), which is all downbarrel of the aforementioned obscuring ring.

Other than that, the mag options range from 1-2x.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »

Nah, there ain't. My options on sights affect the iron sights (iron or radium), which is all downbarrel of the aforementioned obscuring ring.

Other than that, the mag options range from 1-2x.

Oh I thought you wanted to change the iron sight to another, specially since the radium is really weird for me. Your only other option is to choose a different version of the gun :(

• Options
    So, the single player is pretty bad huh?

• Options
    So, the single player is pretty bad huh?

I've only done the first War Story (Mud and Blood)...it's not all that terrible (as long as you can fully suspend disbelief at the concept of a single Mark V tank taking out a couple dozen light tanks, ~6 landships, and 6-8 heavy tanks). Although, I did find it kind of silly that I could hide behind the tank's hull and fully repair the landship while it was taking fire from 4 other tanks.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Spent a fairly solid day playing Operations and Conquest.

This game is fucking fun, eh?

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Though I will say planes are in a real bad spot right now. Tailgunners are ridiculously powerful, and AA shreds you so fast that you might as well eject the moment one lights you up.

• Options
    Ballroom Blitz feels like it needs another center point, maybe south of C.

Lot's of that map goes unused.
    Though I will say planes are in a real bad spot right now. Tailgunners are ridiculously powerful, and AA shreds you so fast that you might as well eject the moment one lights you up.

Tailgunners were pointless in the beta. Its also a boring, low scoring position. They went to fwr with the buff but Idk how to get people to stay in when you need them.

AA is fwr to good, you're right there.

I cant help but feel that part of the problem is the map size. The Dogfighter is made for boom and zoom, coming in from good angles. But you can't do that due to the map size, and even if you could you don't have the fire power or time (due to repairs) to capitalize on it.

Sorry, this is rapidly becoming a petpeeve of mine. I loved flying in BF4 and SWBF.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Also the fact that just getting hit by AA makes you lose control for half a second.... and how easy it is to shred wings which also make it hard to control. It feels like the AA should have faster/more damage drop off. Right now an AA gun can cover half the map, and you are just fucked if that AA gun is somewhere in the center.

I do think that the tailgunners are about right though. I like how it forces you to take high/low approaches and speed away after the run. You won't kill a bomber this way, but you will force it to repair. I don't really like flying the fighters, so I could be a bit biased here.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Operations is really fun but god damn, I have yet to win a single one just because the attacking team is so easily hamstrung when too many idiot Scouts are running around or people keep barreling into choke points and getting cut down causing rapid ticket bleed.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options

on Argonne, the train would be vehicle damage, as well as the fixed weapon emplacements.

See that's pretty ambiguous of the game because it doesn't say "vehicle damaged" it says "behemoth hit." Ugh. I was past that part anyway to the 10 vehicle disables. I have found dynamite quite reliable but has a small lead time before it explodes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I really like the AT rifle for assaults, and limpet charges for supports. So satisfying.

Also I wrenched an artillery truck to death a few days ago. Talk about no situational awareness.

Farangu on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    20 straight losses in a row and players who can kill in 1\10th of a second with a submachine gun from 200m away. I'm done with this game.