As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The Shack looks like it has the potential to not be an awful Christian film.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ixwM1DAnykU

Seems like a good game for some catharsis this holiday season.

I'd LOVE to be able to preoder- where the hell is the PC version at?

Edit: I just now finally say the combo version for $80 that's the xbone version and a win 10 download code. That better not be their bright idea to scam PC...

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ixwM1DAnykU

Seems like a good game for some catharsis this holiday season.

I'd LOVE to be able to preoder- where the hell is the PC version at?

Windows 10 Store, probably.

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Trailers for trailers meh. also when did they start titling trailers?

Also, even if it is a Christian film, films that show anything bad happen to little girls (being a father of 3 young daughters) can just get kicked in the balls. Boys, nbd.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I haven't laughed out loud at a trailer like that Guardians 2 trailer in a very long time

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzeZ0HoApl8

So pretentious, and wowie you get it for a whole TV season!

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Is that Monster Truck flick a sequel or something? Didn't we talk about that movie here, like 14 months ago?

• Options
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Is that Monster Truck flick a sequel or something? Didn't we talk about that movie here, like 14 months ago?

Nope. Maybe it got delayed for being a terrible investment?

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Wow, that second GotG trailer is a huge improvement.

Baby Groot is giving me GIR vibes.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

From the guy who made Trollhunter? I'm intrigued.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    That Shack trailer was awful.

Guy's daughter is brutally murdered in a wooden shack in the forest, spirit people ask him to forgive/keep his faith, spiritual stuff, and by the end of the trailer we get a mystical/christmasy shot of the place of murder?

WTF is this movie?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    The spirit people are literally God.

I am wondering if the film has anything to do with that Will Smith film that is coming out, the one where he talks to the personifications of Death, Joy, Love etc. The two films seem similar, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was the result of the other.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    The movie just seems skeevy.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Groundhog day + Mean Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Zyy4ZXegE

Faith the vampire slayer vs T-1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuvbtNgIGuI

Vanessa Angel horror movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ITq6we2r0

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Am I the only one who immediately thinks of Laserpope when seeing the youtube screencap for Eloise?
    Neon Cross

E: It only seems to show after in the recommended clips after the video

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Groundhog Day + Mean Girls looks kind of interesting?

Not interesting enough that I think Carrie is a swerve, but interesting nonetheless.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Faith the vampire slayer vs T-1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuvbtNgIGuI

House on Haunted Hill 3?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I came around on the titling in front of the trailers. Gives youtube enough time to change to HD quality.

• Options
    re: behind the walls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSEqVqmYhrk
    "they're hiding in the walls!'

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Because we were all asking for a Beaches remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuKOIHqPuWM

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I love Drax. Oh my god.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I love Drax. Oh my god.

Him laughing as the Milano crashed through Ronan's ship is still one of my favorite scenes in a movie full of great scenes.
    He just seems so genuinely happy to be seconds from probable death and shooting back at it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    see317 wrote: »
    I love Drax. Oh my god.

Him laughing as the Milano crashed through Ronan's ship is still one of my favorite scenes in a movie full of great scenes.
    He just seems so genuinely happy to be seconds from probable death and shooting back at it.

He was my favorite in the first.

I do remember the nerd fear when Bautista was casted in this flick. Meathead, will try to be overly serious but end up laughable, all kinds of stuff got thrown around.

Turns out it was all true and we loved him for it. Plus he can act.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Mission Impossible: Mummy Protocol

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    On the one hand that looks really terrible. On the other hand Tom cruise is running.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I just don't understand how we go from Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz to elder Tom Cruise and, hold on let me look at IMDB real quick, Annabelle Wallis. Couldn't we just have Fraser and Weisz again?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I love Drax. Oh my god.

He was my favorite in the first.

I do remember the nerd fear when Bautista was casted in this flick. Meathead, will try to be overly serious but end up laughable, all kinds of stuff got thrown around.

Turns out it was all true and we loved him for it. Plus he can act.

Word from the set is that he took the job *very* seriously. Recognized his own limitations, pointedly learned every last thing he could.

I know nothing of his other career but hearing that and seeing his performance made me appreciate the kind of person he clearly is.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I just don't understand how we go from Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz to elder Tom Cruise and, hold on let me look at IMDB real quick, Annabelle Wallis. Couldn't we just have Fraser and Weisz again?

Isn't this a reboot, so completely new?

But yeah I love those Mummy movies. So awful in a fun and cheesy way. Well except the third where they replaced Weisz. This is trying to be too super serious without having enough fun with the concept.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

But yeah I love those Mummy movies. So awful in a fun and cheesy way. Well except the third where they replaced Weisz. This is trying to be too super serious without having enough fun with the concept.

The original was great as like a silly Indiana Jones kinda thing. It worked pretty well I thought.

This looks super serious. I'm sceptical. But hey, Tom Cruise, I'll wait for the reviews.

• Options

Yeah, it's a reboot.

Mummy 3 was underrated, and the actress who replaced Weisz wasn't that bad.

Every Mummy incarnation of the franchise has had a unique tone, the originals were Hammer horror movies.

It does look generic, Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise but I'm already sold on the new Mummy. She looks awesome. Pity she isn't in a better movie. I think this is going to be a generic popcorn, guilty pleasure flick - like Resident Evil and Underworld movies. I can work with that.

And someone needs to adapt Anne Rice's Mummy novel. HBO, and Netflix, are you listening?

• Options

I know Frasier's washed up, who knows with Weisz? Tom Cruuse may be older, but he is still a huge movie star and has certified hits to back that up. The Rock Dwayne Johnson's stealing Frasier's roles. lol

I'd like to have seen a tv series heavily inspired by on Frasier's Mummy. That was a solid concept.

• Options

I know Frasier's washed up, who knows with Weisz? Tom Cruuse may be older, but he is still a huge movie star and has certified hits to back that up. The Rock Dwayne Johnson's stealing Frasier's roles. lol

I'd like to have seen a tv series heavily inspired by on Frasier's Mummy. That was a solid concept.

Someone make this movie NOW!
    p183920_b_v8_ab.jpg

2D6C25EF00000578-0-image-m-8_1444862533929.jpg

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I think that Mummy movie is doing something fun, what with.
    Cruise's character's "immortality" probably tied to the Mummy

I'll give it a watch, yeah, sure.