Options

Go outside you Vitamin D deficient [chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'm not even sure what anyone is talking about though, except for Trump being a disaster

Neco on
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Talk about trump impeachment implicitly assumes the veracity of the so called report on Trump.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's probably tough for a woman or anyone remotely LGBTQ or etc to say "Pence would be better than Trump"

I have slim to 0 hope that Trump would stand in the way of any anti-woman or anti-LGBTQ laws coming out of Congress, and his nominations have been pretty unfriendly to those groups as well.

It's more that he's just incompetent and chaotic and unable to work with anyone

A competent regressive evangelical in the big chair would be really bad for a lot of people

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ultimately, though, I'm skeptical that this'll do anything to him. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like Trump is just immune to this kind of shit.

Well pee is sterile after all.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Division survival mode is great btw, it's like all those awful early access survival games but put into an actual non-janky game with reasonably satisfying gun play

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Talk about trump impeachment implicitly assumes the veracity of the so called report on Trump.

Intelligence vetted information is different than fake news

• Options
    I have a feeling the person who will enjoy 2017 the most will be John Boehner

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    It's probably tough for a woman or anyone remotely LGBTQ or etc to say "Pence would be better than Trump"

I have slim to 0 hope that Trump would stand in the way of any anti-woman or anti-LGBTQ laws coming out of Congress, and his nominations have been pretty unfriendly to those groups as well.
    My only hopes is that Trump now gives 0 fucks about the GOP. None he is going to do whatever he think is right, and whatever benefits him the most. It's going to be intensely bizarre to see someone who doesn't care about the party at all, being in charge.

Predictions:
    He vetos a bill, has it explained to him and undo's his veto.
    Disappears and puts Pence in charge for a month, then comes back and reams him for not getting anything done.
    Goes to Russia for 2 weeks and I post the most homoerotic pictures I can find/photoshop.
    Ivanka looks like she wants to murder her own father but keeps the icy cool exterior.
    Poor people get fucked over.
    It becomes even easier to fire people.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It is true that I'd be less worried about actual nuclear war with Pence in charge because he isn't a fucking buffoon

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Finally got brave and went into the Dark Zone in the Division last night. After all the stories of hackers and griefers it always seemed unwise to try and solo it.

Immediately got killed by an NPC mob because I didn't realize how much more aggressive they were than in the non-Dark Zone.

Tried again, didn't really see anyone, skulked around until I found another mob, took them all out. Heard more gunfire, came upon another solo player under fire, tossed some explosives and helped take out the mob he was struggling with.

"Thanks!"

We proceeded to rampage together for a half hour gathering loot, popped a flare, defended the extraction, then went our separate ways.

Next time I try it I'm sure someone will break into my actual house and actually knife me while yelling "Dark Zone bitch!"

nice every time i went in i basically got trained by some dude every time i tried to hook up with the extract helicopter thing so i'd lose everything i picked up

it was not a pleasant experience

That was what I was expecting. I think I got lucky because there was an airdrop going down at the same time and it seemed like everyone was going for that.

the best part is the guy doesn't, like, get your stuff if you die during an airdrop

you just lose it and he gets nothing

he's just being an asshole to be an asshole

No, some objects do drop on the ground and can be picked up

Otherwise there'd be no point in mugging people

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I have a feeling the person who will enjoy 2017 the most will be John Boehner

Probably out pal-ing around with the Pope as we speak, having pope-ventures together.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I wonder if the GOP will oppose Trump's abolishing of the CIA

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

We've been talking about trump impeachment since the pussy grabber thing

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Finally got brave and went into the Dark Zone in the Division last night. After all the stories of hackers and griefers it always seemed unwise to try and solo it.

Immediately got killed by an NPC mob because I didn't realize how much more aggressive they were than in the non-Dark Zone.

Tried again, didn't really see anyone, skulked around until I found another mob, took them all out. Heard more gunfire, came upon another solo player under fire, tossed some explosives and helped take out the mob he was struggling with.

"Thanks!"

We proceeded to rampage together for a half hour gathering loot, popped a flare, defended the extraction, then went our separate ways.

Next time I try it I'm sure someone will break into my actual house and actually knife me while yelling "Dark Zone bitch!"

nice every time i went in i basically got trained by some dude every time i tried to hook up with the extract helicopter thing so i'd lose everything i picked up

That was what I was expecting. I think I got lucky because there was an airdrop going down at the same time and it seemed like everyone was going for that.

the best part is the guy doesn't, like, get your stuff if you die during an airdrop

oh god i think that's worse

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Nobody likes Kelvin here?

Weak

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I've had good and bad times in the dark zone but falling in with a posse is helpful

I still prefer the subway dungeons I think though

• Options
    Also I very much do not want this whole deal with Russia to be true. It's completely unverifiable due to the nature of the source and if it's legit true that means we have a sitting President basically in Putin's pocket and holy fuck

• Options
    None of you play Division on PC though so I'm forever alone.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Morning you peeing hookers...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

lol playing FPS on the PC in 2017

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Quitting coffee has made me feel more even. Sleep is better too.

I should do this again sssiiiighhhhh

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    (I kid I kid pls no flamerino)

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    It is true that I'd be less worried about actual nuclear war with Pence in charge because he isn't a fucking buffoon
    I'd also be less worried about Pence getting re-elected

Trump has shown he can win an election and Pence, while evil, is also really boring

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    For a forum that was so mad about the stream of unverifiable news coming out in 2016, it sure is excited about an unverified report with clear signs of being false.

It freaks me out so I haven't read in huge depth. What are the odds of it being false do you think? Like 90% or 50% or ?

Even Buzzfeed, that paragon of journalism, acknowledges that there's major discrepancies within the 36 page report they leaked. CNN has disclaimers about it being 'unverified'.
    At this point, who knows how truthy it actually is.

I think it's a mistake to give it any credence before it is independently verified, and news of that comes out.

Before then, I think it's very important that people have the good sense to self-reflect on this in light of the real pain that came out of fake news in the last year.

• Options
    Division survival mode is great btw, it's like all those awful early access survival games but put into an actual non-janky game with reasonably satisfying gun play

Wait what's all this

I haven't played in a few months

• Options

or him doing something visibly illegal in the next 4 years

we're ... what, 9 days from him violating the constitution on his first day?

nah what it will be will be if the GOP calculates that it's worth it, they have MORE than enough to impeach him without the document if they think its beneficial to them

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I bet putin gives trump nightly pee showers

• Options

"Thanks!"

Preying on others is profitable

Welcome to New York

• Options

"Thanks!"

Preying on others is profitable

Welcome to New York

Concrete Jungle Loot Is Found On

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I do but I just couldn't get back into it after the open beta.

It was so boring.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

It's more that he's just incompetent and chaotic and unable to work with anyone

A competent regressive evangelical in the big chair would be really bad for a lot of people

Well, first of all, I don't know that Pence is actually all that competent. I don't know a lot about him, to be fair, but I recall Indiana residents in the election threads talking about how he wasn't particularly politically savvy.

More importantly, though, I don't know that people really need to "work with" Trump to pass shitty legislation. If the GOP puts together an anti-LGBTQ bill and passes it through Congress, all he has to do is sign it. Like I said, it's not like the GOP needs him to throw his weight around and pick up votes, they already control both houses.

It's certainly possible that he'll be feeling salty on any given week and veto a bill out of spite, but I think relying on that is really chancy, especially considering all the other shit that comes with him. The stuff we know about him is way too scary to keep him because of the possibility that his crazy random number generator might give us a favorable result.

I mean, if it was our decision, which of course it's not.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Update on Daughter and Honors Bio
    - Daughter was up late last night throwing up from anxiety. Which means I was up late (long after I said "g'night" to chat).
    - She talked to the councilor this morning. The school will not let her change classes just because she can't work with the teacher. She called my wife crying to tell her.
    - My wife decided to check the teacher's facebook page, found a gem from 2010 in which teach was "disappointed she doesn't get to teach upperclassmen this year" and needs to "start praying for a better attitude toward 9th graders".

Perhaps if I just move everyone to another school district? Fresh Start. Fucking hell. I get that she'll probably survive a C, but will I survive the stress and anxiety? Not to mention the absolute loathing for science this fucking teacher is instilling?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Whatever, [chat]

don't roll your eyes at me!

go to your room

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    last night i went out to dinner with some coworkers but if i'm being honest i was a lil upset because i just wanted to go home and play factorio all night

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Wait what's all this

I haven't played in a few months

Division survival dumps you and 25 other people on the ass end of the city spread about safe houses with no gear, you have a pistol and ripped up hazmat suit. The outside is freezing and there's a blizzard, also you're dying of a staph infection

you have to find warm clothes, keep to warm areas, find gear, find medicine, and you have an ultimate goal of finding virus research data in the dark zone, crafting a flaregun, and evacing. You also have to eat and drink if you want to be able to see gear highlighted in the UI and regenerate health. You have to craft abilities too, like the turret or riot shield

It can be played in PVP or PVE (but in PVE it's still competitive, theres a finite amount of stuff in the world), and each match takes about 45 minutes. You get gear at the end of it for your dude in the real game, but its like the least efficient way to grind gear, you play it strictly for fun.

It's hard too

override367 on
  • Options
    Whatever, [chat]

don't roll your eyes at me!

go to your room

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Too bad the Boondocks when down the tubes after McGruder left.

I bet he would have made an amazing Trump election episode. The Obama one was one of his best.

Cause I'm..
    Dick Ridin'
    Obama! Obamaaa!
    :whistle:

This discussion has been closed.