As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Okay, since we don't have a thread for Force Arena (I think), I need to complain here. Cassian can get fucked.

You're free to make a thread. :P

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    You are only allowed a certain amount of damage in a raid?

How do raids function in this game?

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

You can do as much damage as you want. Some guilds institute limits so that a few big guns don't take all the glory all the time, and also to allow all members the chance to participate.

In short, raids involve 4 phases, each with their own functions and HP (e.g., P1-2mil, P2-4mil, P3-4mil, P4-2mil). The guild members all attack the target. The sum damage is what determines if a phase ends. Overlapping occurs when multiple people are in at the same time and the phase ends while people are still in combat. Individually they keep their score, but the damage done to the now defeated phase is not added to the remaining raid HP. This becomes a problem when a raid is giving a guild trouble, as they are wasting effort and squad members on damage that won't progress the raid.

The top 50 score receive booty, so doing 0 damage still nets you rewards, provided there are no more than 50 scores posted.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Jebus, I played against a Rogue one PVP team that barely had any stars and were levels below my own Rebel team. I was absolutely stomped by them. It was just a screen full of buffs; I felt I won because I barely got Baze down with my last character before I was completely wiped out.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Cobell wrote: »
    Jebus, I played against a Rogue one PVP team that barely had any stars and were levels below my own Rebel team. I was absolutely stomped by them. It was just a screen full of buffs; I felt I won because I barely got Baze down with my last character before I was completely wiped out.

I've run across teams that were lower level than me that destroyed mine like I wasn't even trying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular

Many of the Rogue one characters are absurd from my experience. Baze and Chirrut being the ones that I have had the most issue with (together they just seem unstoppable).

The other issue though might be their mod level which is not represented in their power numbers. You can tap on the character icons to see their mods. If they are stacked they can take out teams several thousand below them if the other team doesn't have similar mods.

And as always Gear tier makes a large difference as well.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The best way to deal with Baze seems to be Boba, as his one attack removes and deals extra damage for Debuffs AND Buffs, so it's like Vader but even worse.

It's not ideal, and honestly I haven't even put it to use effectively yet myself, but it seems like just about the only way to handle those assholes.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Boba Fett is also really good in the meta because he stops Scariff Rebel Pathfinder from reviving (or any unit from reviving) and is also the best counter to himself.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I've run across teams that were lower level than me that destroyed mine like I wasn't even trying.
    Synergy can trump level and power with ease.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Totally.

My Droid team's power is 37k and change.

They hit a lot harder than that.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »

Totally.

My Droid team's power is 37k and change.

They hit a lot harder than that.

Yeah I've noticed that Droids seem to be consistently underrated by whatever calculation they use to determine the power level. I can always take on other teams a couple thousand points above me all things being equal. The flip side seems to be jedi where my jedi teams often had difficulty with power levels at or below their own.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular

You can do as much damage as you want. Some guilds institute limits so that a few big guns don't take all the glory all the time, and also to allow all members the chance to participate.

In short, raids involve 4 phases, each with their own functions and HP (e.g., P1-2mil, P2-4mil, P3-4mil, P4-2mil). The guild members all attack the target. The sum damage is what determines if a phase ends. Overlapping occurs when multiple people are in at the same time and the phase ends while people are still in combat. Individually they keep their score, but the damage done to the now defeated phase is not added to the remaining raid HP. This becomes a problem when a raid is giving a guild trouble, as they are wasting effort and squad members on damage that won't progress the raid.

The top 50 score receive booty, so doing 0 damage still nets you rewards, provided there are no more than 50 scores posted.

Thanks. Sounds a bit odd, but then again, my only raid experience in games is in WoW.

• Options

Thanks. Sounds a bit odd, but then again, my only raid experience in games is in WoW.
    Yeah, it's quite different. Basically it's the combined damage of all separate battles between all guildies. MMO raids are much more entertaining.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    stoopid repost, sorry

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I've been manhandling the Lando/Wiggs combo lately, and even when they're 2,000+ more power than I am.

• Options
    I've been manhandling the Lando/Wiggs combo lately, and even when they're 2,000+ more power than I am.

How?

• Options
    Yeah, go on.

Learning "duh, murder Wedge first" smoothed it over a little, but I still avoid them when I can just to save myself the trouble or risk of things going completely sideways.

I am seeing Biggs in a lot more GW nodes, which is a little annoying, but unless it's a 'big' node (9, 11, 12) it's usually not a huge deal.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »
    How?
    JE speeds everyone up. If 88 goes next, AoE and land some ability blocks. If Lando gets one, focus.on Wedge, then go for Lando. If not, then the other way around. I love Biggs for last.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    How?
    JE speeds everyone up. If 88 goes next, AoE and land some ability blocks. If Lando gets one, focus.on Wedge, then go for Lando. If not, then the other way around. I love Biggs for last.

That's pretty much what I have been doing. Who is your 5th? I've used Chief Nebit for the most part. I like that he can stealth JE which helps shield him from any Wiggs attack that gates through.

I have noticed some trends where people are loading up their team with either Tenacity mods or Critical Avoidance mods. I haven't had enough fights to evaluate the tenacity mod equipped teams but the critical avoidance can cause some issues as Droids need those crits to keep hammering and without those crits they're are much less effective obvously.

• Options
    Apostate wrote: »
    How?

That's pretty much what I have been doing. Who is your 5th? I've used Chief Nebit for the most part. I like that he can stealth JE which helps shield him from any Wiggs attack that gates through.

I have noticed some trends where people are loading up their team with either Tenacity mods or Critical Avoidance mods. I haven't had enough fights to evaluate the tenacity mod equipped teams but the critical avoidance can cause some issues as Droids need those crits to keep hammering and without those crits they're are much less effective obvously.
    My 5th is Nebit. I don't use taunt until his second turn, which allows me to use his double-assist right away.

To be honest, I have not looked into enemy mods, so I don't know about the Crit. Avoidance mods. However, Recalibrate's Crit. Change Up should counter the Crit. Avoidance; I'm making an assumption, of course.

• Options
    How?

My 5th is Nebit. I don't use taunt until his second turn, which allows me to use his double-assist right away.

To be honest, I have not looked into enemy mods, so I don't know about the Crit. Avoidance mods. However, Recalibrate's Crit. Change Up should counter the Crit. Avoidance; I'm making an assumption, of course.
    Well I don't know if they cancel each other out on 1:1 basis. The way the stats interact with each other in this game are a little complex at times. It does reduce the frequency of crits which at the wrong time can cost you a fight.

Lately I've been wondering about subbing K2SO in for Nebit or maybe even 86. That counter attack plus offense down can be brutal on a teams damage output. Always a good thing for Droids. He also works as a second tank. I don't have him geared up enough to hang with the other droids but I'm hoping to get him worked up eventually.

• Options
    How?

Well I don't know if they cancel each other out on 1:1 basis. The way the stats interact with each other in this game are a little complex at times. It does reduce the frequency of crits which at the wrong time can cost you a fight.

Lately I've been wondering about subbing K2SO in for Nebit or maybe even 86. That counter attack plus offense down can be brutal on a teams damage output. Always a good thing for Droids. He also works as a second tank. I don't have him geared up enough to hang with the other droids but I'm hoping to get him worked up eventually.
    K-2S0 could work well in Arena, but he sucks for GW. You need toons that will last and his seemingly continuous taunt just eats him to bits. I could see his Daze being very effective against Biggs.

• Options
    How?

K-2S0 could work well in Arena, but he sucks for GW. You need toons that will last and his seemingly continuous taunt just eats him to bits. I could see his Daze being very effective against Biggs.

Yeah I would never use him for GW until the end. I have a Jedi crew that clears 80% of the nodes since they have various healers and support to keep things rolling.

• Options
    I'm at 72/80 to unlock Slave I after seeing it in Fleet Shipments at least every other day or so in the Fleet Shipments.

Now I haven't seen it in almost a week and a half and that's even after spending 200 or so gems refreshing the freaking table.

so much rage right now

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm right there with you. What sucks is that we're going to have to go through all of that again just to get it to 5*.

UPDATE: Just minutes after posting this, I unlocked him. And yerp... 0/85 shards. *sigh* Rinse and repeat.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Guess who's guild no longer has two stingy asshats? It's glorious that they finally moved on.

Enforcing rules is so much easier now, especially considering the majority of the rules were enacted to keep those two in line.

• Options
    Scoundrel event today netted me 7 million from the two tries. Very nice.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    You son of a bitch... I typically get 1.5 and 2.5. While I've never hit more than 2.5 on a single go, I've had a few times of 1.5 twice. This game hates me.

• Options
    OOOOO... Ewok event is coming back! I've been waiting for its return for some time. Tasty Ewok shards.

• Options
    You son of a bitch... I typically get 1.5 and 2.5. While I've never hit more than 2.5 on a single go, I've had a few times of 1.5 twice. This game hates me.

Yeah I was surprised to get 5m from a battle. And it wasn't like I was hurting for cash. Rich get richer!

I really feel smart pushing those shards for a decent scoundrel team. Paying off in spades!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Not to brag, but I've been getting 5mil consistently for ages, I feel it's on a bell curve and heavily weighted at that point. I think the first time I did it I got like 1.5 and 10 or something? But I generally expect 5 per credit event at this point.

Though today I got 2.5 and 5, which is great, though even with the regular training droid events, I've run out of said droids to spend them on (which I'm not complaining about, I've got a lot of characters caught up, and needed some spare millions to spend on a few pending stars anyway).

• Options
    Ive got my rebel (Lando, Wedge, Biggs, Leia, Ackbar) team to a somewhat useable state, but they are still underlevelled, geared, and starred compared to my main team.

That doesn't seem to matter as they can completely wreck story/cantina missions and do a great job as a b-team in galactic war.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I have no idea how to beat this second Death Trooper battle. I don't have Lando or ST Han which most strategies call for. I've been trying to run a couple of different teams of rebels, empire or droid, but I still end up getting wrecked. Anyone have any other suggestions or am I pretty much sol on this?

Edit: I seem to have found a team in Emperor, Vader, Boba, RG, and Fives. I'm still getting beat, but I can make it past the Jawas with a full team now and it seems more like the RNG is screwing me over. I'm trying to beef up mods and level up RG as much as I can to try and help.

JMan711 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't have a whole ton of space available on my list, but I'll make a little room for you folks all the same.

Ally Code: 348-214-944

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yoda and Emperor events going to be on a monthly rotation. Yoda this month.

• Options
    Nice for people who don't have either.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, event characters shouldn't be "you get one shot per quarter, miss 'em and be behind for that much longer" Even if they're not perfect or 'in meta', for those building their collections, just having regular access to one more Jedi or one more Empire character (or hell, one more character on the light/dark side period) can be useful.

I've got 'em both at 7* and I'm totally onboard with them being a regular'ish event.

• Options
    I'm happy because I've been starting to regret building my rebel team since it didn't seem like Palpatine would be coming back any time soon.

Now it is and I should be able to unlock him this time!

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Well Yoda is kind of a there character, but Palp is a god damn beast and can be a rock to build a solid sith team around.

Like I'm working on vader/maul, specifically to work with Palp and wreck some shit. I did have a funny pvp battle that came down to palp verse windu and just like in the movies it was no contest.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yoda is a solid swiss army knife in my toolbox. He's not perfect, a little squishy, but a character with easy Foresight, the ability to flip off most debuff reliant teams, and to even steal (and share!) buffs from buff heavy teams are all useful in the Galactic war, and he's not too shabby on my Jedi team in the Tank raid.

I haven't found as much a spot for Palpatine yet, but he's enough of an asshole at really high levels that I don't mind having him around to experiment with. He's been fairly clutch with the right RNG for shocking/stunning parts of a team.

As always, I'm a fan of characters that pull double (or triple, or more) duty, like one that fits in my Arena team and is a Scoundrel and is good in the Galactic War (IG-88, lookin' at you bud), but there's also been times I just build a team specifically around a set of abilities/needs for a given fight and that can actually work pretty well.