As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animated Short [Chat]

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    You should probably not let idiots on the internet influence you to buy something you don't want to buy.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    You should probably not let idiots on the internet influence you to buy something you don't want to buy.

*shrug* I see what you're saying but I think I'm too sleepy to try to explain the nuance that goes into my protest purchases

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'd buy a bag of dogshit if republicans or groovygraingers were protesting bags of dogshit

You don't actually have to play ME:A. You could buy it and give it to me or whatever.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    I'd buy a bag of dogshit if republicans or groovygraingers were protesting bags of dogshit

i'm seriously contemplating starting a business taking advantage of partisanship in the US. just start two companies selling anti-other side shit.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I was going to start a D+D bookclub but then I ran out of energy for it :(

I want to do a IRL bookclub but it seems like its mostly a thing ladies do

Fuck that anybody can do a book club

I'm sensitive to invading spaces tho

like if it's all ladies, it's not that I'd be emasculated to attend, it's that maybe this is a lady space for these women to talk about shit

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Julius wrote: »

i'm seriously contemplating starting a business taking advantage of partisanship in the US. just start two companies selling anti-other side shit.

I am sort of surprised esports leagues haven't managed to generate the same degree of vitriol between fans as other leagues. There's got to be money that can be made there.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I was going to start a D+D bookclub but then I ran out of energy for it :(

I want to do a IRL bookclub but it seems like its mostly a thing ladies do

Fuck that anybody can do a book club

I'm sensitive to invading spaces tho

like if it's all ladies, it's not that I'd be emasculated to attend, it's that maybe this is a lady space for these women to talk about shit

just start your own for friends? idk

I'd join any book club with friends I don't care about dudes being in it

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    yes but I don't have friends here and the ones I've seen in meetup seem to be for ladies

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I went 3-1 in a Magic The Gathering tournament today. :) Go me! It was Modern Masters 2017. I ran a token/populate deck.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    yes but I don't have friends here and the ones I've seen in meetup seem to be for ladies

start your own one dog

on meetup i mean

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    start your own meetup, skoop

tattooed bibliophiles anonymous

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I am growing increasingly convinced that I have some type of ADHD. I just… maybe this has me just going over only anecdotes, but I see myself in way too many stories by people with ADHD to think it's just some sort of coincidence.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    The International Relations Club I'm involved with used to have an IRC Book Club. Our first book was One Second After.

The guy has an important message (get your shit together US energy infrastructure) but the book reads like fan fiction.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    lkEC4Hjl.jpg

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    A book about wind farming could be fan fiction

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm suddenly feeling under the weather and i'll play a video game to get my mind off it.

Probably not what I should do but i don't have the energy to do otherwise rn.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Millennials are destroying the world and its Reagan-era social constructs because they needed to be destroyed dammit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    I mean unless you in an airplane or an astronaut we're probably all under the weather when you think about it

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Actually about ethical free-range locally sourced journalism.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    tbf I dunno if grammar is either a colonialist or a European construct

it's a construct for sure but a much deeper power/identity one

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Andromeda's p fun so far. Nitpicks exist sure (had to reboot when my camera would constantly bob up and down for no raisin, ability to move camera during dialogue is nice in theory but shit in practice because it just means that you never have a good angle and trying to find a good one just messes with the voice levels) but the movement's nice and I'm halfway to not needing a non-me human in my team anymore.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    and certain chomskey peeps would argue that grammar is genetically embedded!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    tbf I dunno if grammar is either a colonialist or a European construct

it's a construct for sure but a much deeper power/identity one

non european languages don't have grammar everybody knows that

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    gross

• Options
    if anything it's a nationalist construct meant to more rigidly establish a sense of identity

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    if anything it's a nationalist construct meant to more rigidly establish a sense of identity

classist elements too

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    A book about wind farming could be fan fiction

In this case it was leaning towards "bad" fan fiction. Some parts were legitimately interesting because it looked at actual issues that might arise.

What do we do with all of the elderly who need constant medical care?
    Do we have enough people with trade skills to rebuild after an EMP attack fries the power grid?
    How do you address a gang intent on rolling into town and taking your food?
    How do you deal with feeding everyone as all the stored perishables start to spoil?
    Is FEMA going to come over the hill any day now to say everything is fine?
    Could North Korea sneak a nuke into the gulf to detonate in atmosphere and knock out electricity for the entire country?
    How do you deal with children and young adults with health issues like diabetes?

Things that lean towards bad fan fiction:
    Turning the local college students into a militia.
    Main character, even though interesting at some points, is a self insert retired Army officer who knows the solution to everything.
    Super sexualized "love interest".

There are other things I've forgotten because it's been a year since I read it, but it's available for free online IIRC.

• Options
    besides we don't control language anyways it's a virus and we're the hosts

eventually artificial languages will overtake us anyways

it's better that way

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I like my walls like I like my women

short and dysfunctional

my construction company is going bankrupt

I like my lovers the way I like my coffee. A caffeinated beverage brewed from roasted seeds.

• Options
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

I'd watch that. A wuxia story with a female gunslinger could be interesting.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

classist elements too

i make an conscious effort to use the wrong articles (reflective of lower class or immigrant speech) sometimes while talking with my family. it annoys them a great deal and I yell back "IT IS ENTIRELY ARBITRARY!"

• Options
    Oh, noo. Watching JoJo has ruined my pronunciation of "priestess".

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

I'd watch that. A wuxia story with a female gunslinger could be interesting.

Nah it would be a western. There'd have to be a Texan oil company in China exploiting people too.

I'd watch the hell out of that

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Japanese student returns home from spending years studying abroad in America. She learned through immersion in our culture the difficult to master sport of Basketball.

Fucking unstoppable at bball

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Alt-post: I like my lovers the way I like my coffee. Muscular and supple.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Oh, noo. Watching JoJo has ruined my pronunciation of "priestess".

your first mistake was watching anime

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

as an idiot on the internet...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Alt-post: I like my lovers the way I like my coffee. Muscular and supple.

Covered in bees

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    In the ultimate showdown with the rival schools basketball team this Japanese students goes to a nearby temple to pray to the Harlem Globetrotters for bball guidance

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.