Options

I Have Never Seen ________.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have never seen The Crow (Which people tell me is great), and I've never seen E.T.
    E.T. scared the shit out of me from pictures/commercials, so I never got around to seeing it. Heard the recent version has walkie talkies for guns?

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    never seen the flick "Grease"

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    The Crow is indeed good stuff.

Never seen the sequels, which I hear is a good thing.

Echo on
  • Options
    Not SarastroNot Sarastro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »
    It was easily the best of the new trilogy in my view.

Nooooooooooooo!

Sorry, seeing Darth Vader shake his fists like a petulant child while they dub James Earl Jones's reaction to seeing the script over it...easily wins first & worst place for that alone.

Anyway, all three were shite so it's pretty academic.
    never seen the flick "Grease"

It's like the British hit 'Lard', except done Hollywood.

Not Sarastro on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think I've seen eveything in that IMDB top 50 bar No Country for Old Men.

Stuff I have not seen - Titanic and a lot of the big tv shows from the last three years or so.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ive never seen any of the predator movies other than the garbage that was AvP and AvP:R.

Up until recently I never saw a single superman movie. At this point, I've seen the first one.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    BlutrasereiBlutraserei Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Why does everyone have a problem with the AvP movies? Granted they aren't as thorough as AvP:2 (PC game) was with it's story...but they're not bad action flicks. When I think of Alien...I think of a bunch of suspense followed by moments of ohshit. When I think Predator I think of the same thing...except theres no "oh shit" someone just gets a spear, or a disc, or a plasma bolt...and is then collected as a trophy.

When I think of both together I don't expect there to be too much more than explaining how the hell the two most bad ass extraterrestrials ever are now beating on each other and killing a hapless group of humans who just so happened wander into the middle of it.

Still It is a given that I'd love to see an AvP movie done in the styling of the Aliens cinematography. Long, detailed, uncrappy. If done right that could be a 2 and a half hour movie.

Blutraserei on
    Tttnl.jpg

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    People find AvP an annoying action movie because neither of the original series were action movies. Raping franchise and so on and so forth.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ohhh I see. Meh. I suppose there is a good point there. Doesn't mean I won't watch AvP:R. I still like watching people get slaughtered by my two favorite killers :lol:.

Blutraserei on
    Tttnl.jpg

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    A v. P is annoying because there was some pretty good source material to work from already, I think. I think there was a fair amount of avp comics, some of it had to be better than that.

I just don't get it.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    They could have done a lot more than what they did with those movies.

There is already an AvP thread, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.

I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of big movies I haven't seen...

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Right, sorry that was my fault.

Come to think of it I haven't seen the Godfather movies either. And much to my father's annoyance...The Quiet Man. Being Irish and all.

Needless to say there's a lot I need to see still.

Blutraserei on
    Tttnl.jpg

• Options
    PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have never seen The Crow (Which people tell me is great), and I've never seen E.T.
    E.T. scared the shit out of me from pictures/commercials, so I never got around to seeing it. Heard the recent version has walkie talkies for guns?

I never understood why everyone thinks E.T. is such a great, cute children's movie. That little alien was scary as shit to me as a kid and it still scares me now.

PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I never understood why everyone thinks E.T. is such a great, cute children's movie. That little alien was scary as shit to me as a kid and it still scares me now.

It's a good movie, and I never found E.T. scary (except for that one scene). I wouldn't say it's too great for children, but I'd say 8 year olds could probably handle and enjoy it. It's a fantasy.

I found The Crow to be really overrated.

Tarantio on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Aleph wrote: »
    Dude, Brad Pitt's got a lot of great films in his oeuvre, you're missing on a lot. Why can't you stand him anyway? I understand his relationship with Jolie made him one of the most ubiquitous celebrity next to Tom Cruise but guy's a really good actor.

I used to think Brad Pitt was some male bimbo, but some of his movies really made me change my mind. Snatch (which he specifically asked to be in), Se7en and Twelve Monkeys in particular.

I really want to see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
    His role in Twelve Monkeys sold me on his acting ability netting him roles more than his good looks.

Edit:
    Dalboz wrote: »
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    It's manipulative to the extreme and the movie itself was boring and bereft of subtleties. The only interesting part of it was the Japanese storyline, and that represented what, a quarter of the film? Message movies are ok, but there's a point reached when I grow tired of the film elbowing me saying "see how clever I am? See? I don't need an actual story, because I have a huge moral to preach."
    That was the same way I felt about "Crash." That was an awful movie. Like I really want to spend two hours sitting there having the filmmakers pointing their finger at the audience saying "You're all racists and you should feel guilty about it."
    You guys have captured my opinion perfectly on Crash and movies like it. Hated that waste of 2 hours.

Myself, I still need to see Seven Samurai.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I find that I'm more concerned about great books I haven't read and great albums I haven't listened to than great movies I haven't seen. Not sure why.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have never seen:

The Godfather (or its sequels)

Disney animated "classics" since Beauty and the Beast

The Jesus movie with Mel Gibson and all the flogging, I can't be arsed to remember the name of it.

A Beautiful Mind

And many others, I'm sure.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    jeepguy wrote: »
    I have never seen:

The Jesus movie with Mel Gibson and all the flogging, I can't be arsed to remember the name of it.

A Beautiful Mind

That would be the Jesus Chainsaw Massacre.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I have never seen:

A Beautiful Mind

That would be the Jesus Chainsaw Massacre.

Yeah, that's the one.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have certain movies I am proud of never seeing completely (in full in some cases of movies that come on TV at times) (Passion ot Christ, Titanic, many a popular romantic comedy)

My IMDB top 250 not seen:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Schindler's List (1993)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) (I've read the book though)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Casablanca (1942)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Shichinin no samurai (1954)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]12 Angry Men (1957) (Strangely, i've seen the remake, with Tony Danza)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rear Window (1954)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Cidade de Deus (2002)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]No Country for Old Men (2007)
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]C'era una volta il West (1968)

Ten out of the top 20, i'm sort of surprised, I've seen quite a lot of films. (Though i've seen all of 21-30, not "A Wonderful Life", which is very US movie i think, never seen it listed here) . Of those 10, i'm not particularly included to see any of them though.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Not SarastroNot Sarastro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Shichinin no samurai (1954)
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

See, doesn't sound like you're missing much there, no samurai in it.

(Badabingbadaboom)

Not Sarastro on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    12 Angry Men (1957) (Strangely, i've seen the remake, with Tony Danza)

You sick freak!

Gim on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gim wrote: »

You sick freak!

It actually isn't a bad movie in my memory, it was on during a saturday afternoon when I was a teenager. I remember being surprised by the fact that it wasn't horrible, yet featured Tony Danza.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Considering that 12 Angry Men is a classic play, I don't think it's fair to get sanctimonious about film re-makes of it. Plays are designed to be frequently reinterpreted.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Considering that 12 Angry Men is a classic play, I don't think it's fair to get sanctimonious about film re-makes of it. Plays are designed to be frequently reinterpreted.

Uh, yeah it is. Just because it was a play originally doesn't mean we can't compare the film versions.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Uh, yeah it is. Just because it was a play originally doesn't mean we can't compare the film versions.

If you want to pooh-pooh a film version of it that you've seen, of course that is perfectly OK. I thought you were expressing contempt at the idea of any film re-makes of it due to the excellence of the 1957 version with Henry Fonda. And that's just silly, because it's a play.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

If you want to pooh-pooh a film version of it that you've seen, of course that is perfectly OK. I thought you were expressing contempt at the idea of any film re-makes of it due to the excellence of the 1957 version with Henry Fonda. And that's just silly, because it's a play.

*headscratch* Look back, I haven't said a word about 12 Angry Men, any version. I was just pointing out that because a film was once a play doesn't mean any version can be considered "good" since you're moving from one medium to another, however related they may be.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

*headscratch* Look back, I haven't said a word about 12 Angry Men, any version. I was just pointing out that because a film was once a play doesn't mean any version can be considered "good" since you're moving from one medium to another, however related they may be.

No, that's my fault, it was Gim.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    *clears throat*

Lighten up, I was joking.

Gim on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have certain movies I am proud of never seeing completely (in full in some cases of movies that come on TV at times) (Passion ot Christ, Titanic, many a popular romantic comedy)

My IMDB top 250 not seen:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966)
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Go. Now. You have an assignment. See this movie by February 1.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

You sick freak!

It actually isn't a bad movie in my memory, it was on during a saturday afternoon when I was a teenager. I remember being surprised by the fact that it wasn't horrible, yet featured Tony Danza.

It also had Jack Lemon, James Gandolfini, Edward James Olmos, and a few other very fine actors. I haven't seen the original either, but it was a good movie.

Zsetrek on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ok so I love crappy movies but I thought I should look through the list and see what I haven't seen.

1. 9.1 The Godfather (1972)
    2. 9.1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
    3. 9.0 The Godfather: Part II (1974)
    4. 8.9 Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966)
    6. 8.8 Schindler's List (1993)
    10. 8.8 Shichinin no samurai (1954)
    13. 8.7 12 Angry Men (1957)
    14. 8.7 Rear Window (1954)
    15. 8.7 Goodfellas (1990)
    16. 8.7 Cidade de Deus (2002)
    20. 8.7 C'era una volta il West (1968)
    21. 8.7 The Usual Suspects (1995)
    22. 8.6 Psycho (1960)
    24. 8.6 Citizen Kane (1941)
    26. 8.6 North by Northwest (1959)
    30. 8.6 Sunset Blvd. (1950)

16 out of 30 is a little disappointing. There are a few that I will probably never see, Goodfellas, just because I have seen parts and wasn't interested, but I know I need to see some like Citizen Kane just to appreciate how it was made.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hmm...I wonder just how many of the IMDb Top 250 I have seen?
    1. The Godfather
    2. The Shawshank Redemption
    3. The Godfather Part II
    4. The Good, the Bad and Ugly
    5. Pulp Fiction
    7. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    9. Casablanca
    11. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    12. Star Wars
    13. 12 Angry Men
    15. Goodfellas
    17. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    18. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    19. No Country for Old Men
    25. The Silence of the Lambs
    26. North by Northwest
    27. Fight Club
    29. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    32. Lawrence of Arabia
    33. The Matrix
    34. Apocalypse Now
    35. Taxi Driver
    36. Se7en
    37. American Beauty
    39. Leon (The Professional)
    41. The Departed
    42. American History X
    48. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    49. Pan's Labyrinth
    51. Alien
    53. The Lives of Others
    54. Spirited Away
    57. The Shining
    58. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    61. L.A. Confidential
    65. Reservoir Dogs
    67. Forrest Gump
    70. Raging Bull
    75. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    76. Sin City
    79. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    82. The Great Escape
    86. On the Waterfront
    87. Life is Good
    89. The Prestige
    91. Jaws
    92. The Sting
    94. Full Metal Jacket
    95. Cinema Paradiso
    100. Braveheart (what is this hunk of shit doing on here)
    102. Blade Runner
    103. Batman Begins
    108. The Wizard of Oz
    111. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    116. Back to the Future
    118. Kill Bill: Volume 1
    119. Donnie Darko
    120. Princess Mononoke
    122. Million Dollar Baby
    124. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    126. Yojimbo
    128. For a Few Dollars More
    133. Gladiator
    135. The Sixth Sense
    137. Die Hard
    141. The Incredibles
    145. Platoon
    146. V for Vendetta
    152. The Princess Bride
    155. Crash (why?)
    156. The Graduate
    157. Juno
    159. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    169. Kill Bill: Volume 2
    170. The Big Lebowski
    174. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    175. Little Miss Sunshine
    178. The Grapes of Wrath
    184. The Thing
    186. Snatch.
    187. Patton
    190. Groundhog Day
    193. Toy Story
    195. Scarface
    204. The Terminator
    212. Run Lola Run
    221. Toy Story 2
    222. The Lion King
    224. Magnolia
    228. Big Fish
    234. Infernal Affairs
    235. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
    236. The Searchers
    240. Hero
    244. Atonement

96 of the top 250...better than I expected, but I really would like to see more. I also own Cool Hand Luke and To Kill a Mockingbird, just haven't gotten around to watching them yet, so in good faith couldn't include them on the list.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zsetrek wrote: »

You sick freak!

It also had Jack Lemon, James Gandolfini, Edward James Olmos, and a few other very fine actors. I haven't seen the original either, but it was a good movie.

The remake was decent. I suppose it's probably the best you could get out of remaking a classic film. But seriously, guys; see the original. A lot of people say Lee J. Cobb's performance is overblown, but honestly it feels pitch-perfect to me. And Henry Fonda is amazing as usual.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hmm...I wonder just how many of the IMDb Top 250 I have seen?
    1. The Godfather
    2. The Shawshank Redemption
    3. The Godfather Part II
    4. The Good, the Bad and Ugly
    5. Pulp Fiction
    7. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    9. Casablanca
    11. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    12. Star Wars
    13. 12 Angry Men
    15. Goodfellas
    17. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    18. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    19. No Country for Old Men
    25. The Silence of the Lambs
    26. North by Northwest
    27. Fight Club
    29. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    32. Lawrence of Arabia
    33. The Matrix
    34. Apocalypse Now
    35. Taxi Driver
    36. Se7en
    37. American Beauty
    39. Leon (The Professional)
    41. The Departed
    42. American History X
    48. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    49. Pan's Labyrinth
    51. Alien
    53. The Lives of Others
    54. Spirited Away
    57. The Shining
    58. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    61. L.A. Confidential
    65. Reservoir Dogs
    67. Forrest Gump
    70. Raging Bull
    75. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    76. Sin City
    79. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    82. The Great Escape
    86. On the Waterfront
    87. Life is Good
    89. The Prestige
    91. Jaws
    92. The Sting
    94. Full Metal Jacket
    95. Cinema Paradiso
    100. Braveheart (what is this hunk of shit doing on here)
    102. Blade Runner
    103. Batman Begins
    108. The Wizard of Oz
    111. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    116. Back to the Future
    118. Kill Bill: Volume 1
    119. Donnie Darko
    120. Princess Mononoke
    122. Million Dollar Baby
    124. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    126. Yojimbo
    128. For a Few Dollars More
    133. Gladiator
    135. The Sixth Sense
    137. Die Hard
    141. The Incredibles
    145. Platoon
    146. V for Vendetta
    152. The Princess Bride
    155. Crash (why?)
    156. The Graduate
    157. Juno
    159. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    169. Kill Bill: Volume 2
    170. The Big Lebowski
    174. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    175. Little Miss Sunshine
    178. The Grapes of Wrath
    184. The Thing
    186. Snatch.
    187. Patton
    190. Groundhog Day
    193. Toy Story
    195. Scarface
    204. The Terminator
    212. Run Lola Run
    221. Toy Story 2
    222. The Lion King
    224. Magnolia
    228. Big Fish
    234. Infernal Affairs
    235. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
    236. The Searchers
    240. Hero
    244. Atonement

96 of the top 250...better than I expected, but I really would like to see more. I also own Cool Hand Luke and To Kill a Mockingbird, just haven't gotten around to watching them yet, so in good faith couldn't include them on the list.

Cool Hand Luke is one of the most awesome anti-authority films ever.

Satan. on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I used to think The Crow was the greatest shit ever and used to watch it over and over again. I wonder how well it's held up? The sequels however were stupid. I couldn't ever get over the fact that one of the bad guys in the sequels was TRINI: The YELLOW RANGER! I just cracked up whenever I saw her on-screen being "evil"

VoodooV on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The remake was decent. I suppose it's probably the best you could get out of remaking a classic film. But seriously, guys; see the original. A lot of people say Lee J. Cobb's performance is overblown, but honestly it feels pitch-perfect to me. And Henry Fonda is amazing as usual.

I swear I'm gonna make a "glasses-shaped indentations" avatar one of these days.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I used to think The Crow was the greatest shit ever and used to watch it over and over again. I wonder how well it's held up? The sequels however were stupid. I couldn't ever get over the fact that one of the bad guys in the sequels was TRINI: The YELLOW RANGER! I just cracked up whenever I saw her on-screen being "evil"

Just wondering, did you know the Yellow Ranger died?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    On the topic of Fight Club and The Big Lebowski, well, Fight Club is just awesome. Fuck your hatred of Brad Pitt, am I to assume you never saw 12 Monkey's either? He was in that too and both movies his character is just... awesome. It's not even a serious character either. It's over the top. And The Big Lebowski, WTF? Wow, I've seen that so many times.

Anyways.. hmm... I don't even know where to start. I am a movie whore. I own many DVD's and watch many movies all the time. I can't even think of a movie I haven't seen.

Well, okay.. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. After almost falling asleep during The Two Towers, I never bothered to spend 3 hours watching this. I mean, I have sat down for SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT and watched the entirety of The 10th Kingdom. (A 7 hour NBC miniseries that kicks ASS and is on DVD. I watched it from start to finish.) But I can't bring myself to watch LOTR3.

This last year I actually watched many of the movies I have heard so much about and never got to watch. All except LOTR3. And I really don't have any will to watch it either. I prefer Elijah Wood's better roles in Eternal Sunshine, Everything is Illuminated and Back to the Future II.

Jasoco on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies.

Persecute the heretic!

LondonBridge, you should really stop whining about Brad Pitt and watch Fight Club right now, I have a feeling it's just your kind of thing.
    zzulu wrote:
    I still haven't seen the last star wars movie

No need.

Pretty much. Easily the weakest of the new trilogy, making it the weakest of all 6.

That's a fucking joke, right? It slays the shit out of Ep.'s 1 and 2.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1