As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 1/23/08 - in which I have naughty thoughts about Ed Brubaker

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm going to keep reading Ultimates 3 (because I'm a whore for Madureia) but good god there were some shite parts this month.

Namely Sabretooth's "SUCK IT!"

WtF was that?

I was telling people at the shop about that and they honestly couldn't believe that was actually in the book.

Also my moment of the week is FRUIT BOY!

Algertman on
  • Options
    GreyHunter316GreyHunter316 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah I think I'm just gonna drop Teen Titans its just gotten bad.

GreyHunter316 on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wasn't McKeever supposed to be the beginning of something good?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    yeah but he's just bad

i'm dropping it until he's gone

or it gets critically acclaimed

(and not by Ain't It Cool or The Buy Pile)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Any word on when Messiah Complex will be in trade form? It sounds like it'd be worth picking up.

Edit: on second thought, I can probably ask this in the MC thread, but, well, here we are.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    WOOT! A New moment of the week. Finding Alan Moore Mircleman comics for 75cents a pop

Algertman on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MC should be out in hardcover in April.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No one will even know what my moment of the week is about, but I don't fucking care. It's quite possibly the greatest moment in comic/magna history.

Gantz: 265.

Sex addict, at the brink of death, realizes that he is about to be killed by being smothered to death by a stupidly powerful gender changing alien, who has already killed two of his teammates, currently made of naked women.

Using his last ounce of strength, he climbs up onto the aliens "face"(which is also, made of naked women).

He proceeds to go to town.

Alien: "What...What is this?"

I know, this sounds utterly retarded, but by god, the depiction of this scene is absolutley perfect.

Transporter on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    WOOT! A New moment of the week. Finding Alan Moore Mircleman comics for 75cents a pop

I'm fairly certain you won the week.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No one will even know what my moment of the week is about, but I don't fucking care. It's quite possibly the greatest moment in comic/magna history.

Heavenly father, hallowed be thy name...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I might have to put PUNISHER #54 in my MotW rotation as well. Frank goes to town.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While I wasn't sure I could, my god Ultimates was bad. Even more than "suck it" was that stupid stuff with Thor and Valkyrie and then probably the worst moment "EAT WEB COWBOY"

smokmnky on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    While I wasn't sure I could, my god Ultimates was bad. Even more than "suck it" was that stupid stuff with Thor and Valkyrie and then probably the worst moment "EAT WEB COWBOY"

It's like he has no idea who Spider-man is.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Valkyrie was hot though...

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Valkyrie was hot though...

She's always hot, that's besides the point.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Joe Mad draws hot ladies

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Sex addict, at the brink of death, realizes that he is about to be killed by being smothered to death by a stupidly powerful gender changing alien, who has already killed two of his teammates, currently made of naked women.

Using his last ounce of strength, he climbs up onto the aliens "face"(which is also, made of naked women).

I know, this sounds utterly retarded, but by god, the depiction of this scene is absolutley perfect.
    Wow, the Osaka team is really messed up. Here's hoping Kato can get the points to bring back Kurono soon.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is true, him and Cho should join up and make the comic book world explode

smokmnky on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »

I don't really see what's so out of character about saying "Eat web cowboy" but yes, it was not the best issue.

The other thing that really bugged me was Ironman lifting the Blob into the sky. Isn't Blob's power that he is completely immovable?

Then again, maybe the fact that IM took a part of the floor with him helped? I dunno.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    yeah, Blob was rooted to the floor so he just chucked the floor away.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    SUCK IT!

Algertman on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    anyone have scans of punisher?

Angry on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Angry wrote: »

There's nothing remotely work-safe about what Frank does in this issue.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited January 2008

The 5 last pages are! XD

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Shamuuu wrote: »

The 5 last panels are! XD

FTFY!

Algertman on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

so send me a pm!

damn trade waiting kills me.

Angry on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    kdrudy wrote: »

Wow, the Osaka team is really messed up. Here's hoping Kato can get the points to bring back Kurono soon.
    Seriously. The lack of Kei is bad enough, but with the whole vampire thing leading into the Osaka team it just feels like things have slipped a lot.

Also, the finale line, "As Nurarihyon transforms again, has this man's lust rocked the alien's world?!" made me laugh, especially with the pictures.

Pb on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Trade-waiting makes the baby Jesus cry.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Punisher images. Spoilered for bunnies, rainbows and pretty unicorns.
    pun0006ej6.jpg

pun0013qz5.jpg

pun0014tp9.jpg

pun0016vu0.jpg

KVW on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Teen Titans #55 was just plain bad. The art was bad, and the story was terrible. None of the characters acted like themselves. And according to this interview, an upcoming storyline is the "Terror Titans"

we just had an anti-titans group storyline. Just like we just had a Titans of the Future arc

Like, damn, Sean McKeever. At least Geoff Johns brings back stuff a few decades old.

I second these thoughts. Everyone acted out of character, just to allude how they all could become tyrants tomorrow (not meant as a joke, I just don't have any better way of describing my reaction other than "What the hell is this?").

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Didio's taking over as the Teen Titans editor too. So you know it's not going to get any better.

Also, this week I decided that, with Ted Kord back among the living, I no longer had a reason not to buy the current Blue Beetle book. So I snagged up all the back issues I've missed, due mainly to scans_daily, only to find the current issue was sold out at my shop, since they only order a few issues. Since nobody's been buying it.

Oh cruel irony.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like the fact that the next few issues are more going to have more focus the other Titans, you know, the ones other than Robin and Wonder Girl. And finally, a bit of an origin for Miss Martian. And finally, that whore Supergirl is gone.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh Barracuda.

Man, that is the only way I could imagine that situation ending up.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    55 was the most retarded issue ever

everyone hates each other for no reason, and they in no way seem like a team

the whole book has gone to the shitter

it just makes me mad since Johns actually had plans for the book

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dude, relax. A slump doesn't mean the book is doomed.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm gonna try the next issue since it features the new regular artist.

But I'm really this close.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Oh Barracuda.

Man, that is the only way I could imagine that situation ending up.
    I was looking for you last night to ask if you had read it.

fucking hardcore

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    that shit was horrific

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Didio's taking over as the Teen Titans editor too. So you know it's not going to get any better.

Also, this week I decided that, with Ted Kord back among the living, I no longer had a reason not to buy the current Blue Beetle book. So I snagged up all the back issues I've missed, due mainly to scans_daily, only to find the current issue was sold out at my shop, since they only order a few issues. Since nobody's been buying it.

Oh cruel irony.

blue beetle #23 is probably the best issue yet

my only "problem" is that it feels like the series could end after this story line

and i don't want it to

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Man, I actually enjoyed the Eclipso story in Countdown to Mystery this issue more than I did the Dr. Fate story

The Fate one was...weird

Garlic Bread on