Options

The League of Extraordinary [Chat]men

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    t Dyna-- it's not just a question of comfort and romantic notions of doing what is right, it is a practical and pragmatic pursuit.

Example: I came out in high school three months before senior prom because I knew in my heart that I wanted to attend senior prom as a girl and I would not have it any other way. You only get one high school senior prom ever, and I did not want to regret not taking advantage of it. So, I suffered for three months so that when prom did roll around, the concern on everyone's lips was not, "What the fuck is he doing?", but "I can't believe he kept that up at prom. What an ugly girl he makes."

It's a subtle distinction in that case, but it's a noteworthy one.

I like to think I'm an adult now. I want to pursue relationships, and careers, and I want to succeed socially on all levels. It does me no good to build relationships that are-- whether we admit it or not-- hinging on the facts of my presentation. When I change something even so minor as my style of clothing, that is enough to turn the worlds of other people upside-down.

What's the point of pursuing romantic relationships in college if there's an overwhelming chance once I admit I'm actually transgender and, when we go out on dates, I want to look and act and be treated like a girl, they'll walk out on me?

It's a question of suffering what I have to suffer in the admittedly idealistic hope that for that suffering I am going to receive the closest approximation of a normal life as female that I may.

I will hold to this bargain and continue suffering in the hope that either the suffering will exhaust itself, I will become invulnerable to its methods, or I will become acclimated enough to this new role that I will be able to cease being a transperson and enter society as a regular female.

But, this is very rare for transwomen who are white. Our bodies and facial structures are usually less feminine and because the majority of people in popular media are white, we have learned to be better in our judgment and discrimination between the sexes without having even realizing it.

So I suffer in the idea, really, that someday those causing the suffering will tire of it and just say, "Alright, whatever, I won't like it but she can stay."

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    OH. HELL. FUCKING. NO.

Dyna -- before you turn mean-spirited, you're on my side on this one.

Apparently the news about Aelous, the dog I dearly loved and raised, is not good. She's old, so it's sort of expected (she's more or less on borrowed time now) but I mean goddamn -- of all the heartbreaks, this one hurts the most...
    Shit, I'm sorry dude. Is she with your folks right now? What kind of dog is she? Losing pets is way harder for me than losing family members.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    OH. HELL. FUCKING. NO.

Apparently the news about Aelous, the dog I dearly loved and raised, is not good. She's old, so it's sort of expected (she's more or less on borrowed time now) but I mean goddamn -- of all the heartbreaks, this one hurts the most...
    Shit, I'm sorry dude. Is she with your folks right now? What kind of dog is she? Losing pets is way harder for me than losing family members.
    I tend to feel the same.

When my grandfather died I just kind of stood there stoic. When my cats died I bawled into a pillow for hours.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Very poor timing, Dyna. Them's the breaks.
    Man, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    http://www.andrewlipson.com/lego.htm

i am in awe of this man

D:

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Very poor timing, Dyna. Them's the breaks.
    Man, I don't even know what you're talking about.
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I've been doing pretty good actually. Sometimes good things do happen to good people.
    That really doesn't explain anything when it comes to you, though.
    I have not kicked Gus all day.
    HAHA. YOUR JOKE ISN'T FUNNY DOG-KICKER.
    You've already addressed it.

Gim on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    OH. HELL. FUCKING. NO.

She's with family, with my mother. She's half-boxer half-lab. I RAISED her. She's MY dog. She's the reason I fucking graduated high school. Like of all the sad, sappy shit I shove out onto the internet, this one is for goddamn real. I'm losing my shit because I've heard bad news about my dog.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    All you can do is love her, Celery.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    OH. HELL. FUCKING. NO.

She's with family, with my mother. She's half-boxer half-lab. I RAISED her. She's MY dog. She's the reason I fucking graduated high school. Like of all the sad, sappy shit I shove out onto the internet, this one is for goddamn real. I'm losing my shit because I've heard bad news about my dog.
    I'm really really sorry, man. Losing my ferret, Rikki, in college still hurts. When I go home, I still have expect to see Pepper. Vixen and Ginger are sorely missed. There's nothing quite like a great dog, but they leave such a gaping void when they're gone.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    http://www.andrewlipson.com/lego.htm

i am in awe of this man

D:
    It keeps whining about some java plug in, otherwise pretty cool.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sorry y'all -- I've cried in the bathroom a bit, no joke. Tonight sucks. A lot.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can we vote Mad Morlock off the internets directly, or do we have to elect delegates first?

'Cause jesus fucking christ.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    man my dog is old too :(
    he has arthritis and his eyes are getting all filmy

every weekend i make sure he's not dead

i'm getting teary thinking about him dying. He's been with me since I was a toddler

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    eHugs, dude. eHugs. Man, you're bumming me out. I totally fucking lost it during Anchorman when his dog got punted. I started hugging Gus and crying. Of course, I'd had way too much fucking 151, but still. The sentiment was there.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:

No need for sorries.

I've lost double digits in animals over the years, and have been watching one wither away the last few years. I know what you're feeling.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm sorry, Sal. :(

My grandparent's dog died recently, as well.

What's worse is I was just listening to You're My Best Friend.

I have to go hug my dog now. :cry:

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You know what we need

We all need to get massively, unceremoniously trashed

Someone get me some Bushmill's 12-year, I'm going down swingin'

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    You know what we need

We all need to get massively, unceremoniously trashed

Someone get me some Bushmill's 12-year, I'm going down swingin'

Technically I've been needing that ever since I stopped drinking when I was 12, 12 years ago.

But I'm pretty sure there would be bodies afterwards.

Stupid Hulk-type family genetics.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I moved out permanently a little more than two years ago, and left behind two cats and two dogs-- both cats and one of the dogs, I had reared personally from babies.

I don't even know where they are, if they're alive, or what, save for my favorite one of the cats. I know that he is okay and he is alive, my precious Benzene, because my older sister in an act of sympathy and pity e-mailed me a picture of him looking out the window once.

I like to think he was looking out the window to me. I'm crying just thinking about my babies.

I'm sorry celery, I know it's rough. What I wouldn't do to have any of my pets or the ones that died before I left back in my arms. :cry:

EDIT: Not that exact picture, but here is one from before I moved out of my baby. 4dd3f178.jpg
    BENZEEEEEEEENE

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Tonight is just really sad. I am not sure whether I want to stay here or go to bed.

Well, that's not true. I'd like to stay, but I don't want to face Father's wrath, either.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Sorry for making my grief public, but I fear the worst for the woman I've loved the most in my life. Your guys' support means more than you think. This shit hurts, yo.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Can we vote Mad Morlock off the internets directly, or do we have to elect delegates first?

He'll get distracted as he stares at his hands and oh fuck, the colors.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:

He has the solutions to quantum gravity and religion!

mcc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Sorry for making my grief public, but I fear the worst for the woman I've loved the most in my life. Your guys' support means more than you think. This shit hurts, yo.
    No need to keep this kind of shit bottled up. Just let it out, and do what you can to cope. If possible, call in sick tomorrow. I'm a bastard to people, but a total softy when it comes to doggies.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    No need to keep this kind of shit bottled up. Just let it out, and do what you can to cope. If possible, call in sick tomorrow. I'm a bastard to people, but a total softy when it comes to doggies.
    dyna i felt i should confess to you

i am actually a transdogsexual

wait does that make me a furry

nevermind

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My childhood pet waited for me to come home and visit to die. It was probably the most moving gesture I have ever recieved from any species.

Don't go home, is what I'm saying. You'll kill her :(

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oboro wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

nevermind

The transfurries have their own organizations and parties at furry cons.

Yeah, I know way way too much.

Pity me.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I have eerily similar, yet markedly different experiences with my dog. I'm sorry, cel-cel.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Chin up, buddy <3

Gim on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jesus tittyfucking christ you guys are depressing tonight.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oboro wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

nevermind
    I wasn't trying to be a bastard to you. I just wanted to be a voice of reason and give you some advice that might not lead you to having to give out handjobs for food money. I'm a humanitarian, really.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

I'm about to fail all my classes, get kicked out of college, and become a test subject for classified sciences.

On the high note, when I'm unfrozen in 40 years, everyone will think my name is Steve Rogers.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

itt: Death, Misery, and Social Injustice.

They're getting it all out before the new thread

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I can totally reverse this trend.

Party hard, dudes.

gus_balloon2.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

Party hard, dudes.

gus_balloon2.jpg
    Pictured: All attendees, Dynagrip's 53 birthday party.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Oboro wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

nevermind

The transfurries have their own organizations and parties at furry cons.

Yeah, I know way way too much.

Pity me.
    I KNEW IT

http://f-freelords.tripod.com/nightinalg.jpg

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

Party hard, dudes.

gus_balloon2.jpg

That is Super Mario World in SNES, right?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

Party hard, dudes.

That is Super Mario World in SNES, right?
    Nice eyes, Nimrod.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.