As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Updating PS3 using USB device?

DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
Quick question. Basically I'm trying to update a PS3 for a friend that doesn't have net access but the first time I tried, it couldn't find the update data. Now I went away and read the PS3 site and seem to have found that you need to place a PS3 folder on the device that contains the update in an UPDATE folder. However when I put this into my PS3, admittedly up to date, it just says "no applicable data found". In comparison, doing it through the net informs you that you have the latest firmware installed.

Basically I want to check that this stuff works on early, non upgraded PS3s as my friend is a considerable distance away and I don't want to get there to find the thing doesn't work.

DarkWarrior on

• Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    As long as you follow the instructions on Sony's site with setting up the folders it will work. I had to do it once for my PS3.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Ok. Hopefully there won't be any issues then. As I said I'd just feel more comfortable if it looked at the update on the USB drive and said "Youre more up to date than that is" so I know its finding the thing.

Thanks DS.

DarkWarrior on